024

T Is For Tattle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CAPTAIN HULCK

Chapter Twenty Four

 

It’s chilly in here. Why are we even here?

Practice. Granny’s Power Steps. Soccer Field. 
Yes. Soccer Field.

Hyoyeon messaged me after class that the USHer’s room was not available for use. It was because the other organizations had piled the desk chairs inside our room in order to clear up their org’s rooms, so there would be space for their practice. That’s really selfish. We are also having our practice. It was also unfortunate that the key for the former TWT publishing room, where we could have our practice, was missing-slash-misplaced. Better drink Sustagen Memory Enhancer, Mr. Jun the Janitor.

Therefore, we had no choice but to use a more ‘open’ area where we could showcase our award-winning ‘theatrical’ rehearsal…not really. The stadium was the only place we could think of. I can’t even move my limbs right now; first, it’s chilly. Second, I’m kind of…um…well…embarrassed. But we really, strongly, need to have some rehearsal although we know we’re not getting any better even if we practice until flying cars powered with soy sauce have been invented.

~volume increases~Stick Em by Liquid Todd

Oh gosh. Here comes the music again. Is this Daehyun’s favorite or something?

“Come on…work it, people,” Daehyun clapped twice feeling like an all-it-know director of some freaking Harry Potter series.
“Work it…work it...Higher…Bigger….”

Step right. Step left.
What…what’s next…oh…oh…jumping jacks…ten...twenty…uh…

I looked at Hyoyeon beside me, who was now scrunching up her eyebrows, also struggling with the choreography, if this can be legitimately called a choreography.

“Myunjae, girl, you better work it…” Daehyun stood beside me.

What now? I looked around me.
Hyoyeon was now lying on the ground. Sunny was knocked out on the grass. And Himchan….still hyper….

“That’s it, Himchan. Keep doing that…” Daehyun praised Himchan pointing at him. “That’s the spirit…”

Himchan was now doing hip s…and more awkward hip s...with matching arm movement…Ack…ew…shoulder-shivering….

I saw Hyoyeon crawling on the ground. Towards the speakers. 
She hit the pause button. Finally, just what we need.

She slowly regained her stance again.

“Daehyun,” she muttered, slightly panting. “Please tell me you’re shirting us…you got to be kidding us with those pathetic dance moves.”
“Hey sister…don’t talk about my grand momma like that…” Daehyun took a step towards Hyoyeon. 

In the middle of the so-called heated argument between Hyoyeon and Daehyun, I noticed five male students in uniforms who had just emerged from the stadium accession on the other side of the stadium.

The detainees.
Kris. Sehun. Jongin. Yixing. Joonmyeon.

Walking all serious and cool…like the Backstreet Boys….
The view could have been perfect as if they were astronauts who just came back from Mars with the glory and all…
…it was just that were carrying pails, and some, mowers, in their hands. 

Or more like Backstreet Bums.

Oh…sweet…justice.

“Hey, Myunjae,” I heard Daehyun call me, snapping his fingers in front of me. “Focus.”
“Oh…oh yes, sir.” I quickly responded. Director feels much.

“Okay. USHers…five, six, seven, eight.” Music plays.

I looked at Hyoyeon beside me. My muscle memory isn’t that good so I have to peek.

Step.
Step. 
Point. Point…
Toe touch.
Toe touch….oh crap…my back…arthritis…
However-

“Ouch!”
“Eeep!!”
“e!!”
“Shick!!”

The sprinklers suddenly .

"They're pranking on us again." Sunny remarked, squinting through the sudden outburst of sprinkling water.
"Who could it be this time?"

Actually, I think I know who.

Kim Joonmyeon.

Fuming, I started walking, stomping heavily, towards the other side of the stadium.

Not bugging me anymore, huh? Screw you, Captain Hulck.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter