027

T Is For Tattle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CAPTAIN HULCK

Chapter Twenty Seven

 

“~Let me see you get low, you scared, you scared…”
“Oh my gosh, I can’t believe we’ll be getting ten percent of the auction money.”

Hyoyeon, Sunny, Daehyun, Himchan, and I had just reached the garden front, going towards the school gates. Reaping Night had ended and we had just finished cleaning the hall. Seriously, organizing, arranging, and even cleaning? However, albeit the tiredness, we were overly ecstatic. Because we were able to blow the crowd away with our “y” performance and because we were the organization with the rep of highest bid. (Thank you. Thank you very much.). 

There were only a number of students going to the same direction as ours. The night was cold, and the sky, dark. Countless stars sparkled in the dark sky. However, the atmosphere was not tranquil in any way. Because Daehyun could not stop singing and rapping the song that the Dance Club performed to. It was really catchy. It was okay with me…the song…but not Daehyun’s voice. However, Hyoyeon grew furious seeing that Daehyun was nowhere near stopping.

“…~Now stop…oh…ten wiggle wit ya…Now stop…oh then wig-”
“Daehyun, I swear, if you don’t stop…” Hyoyeon abruptly halted in her track, seemingly controlling herself from not beating Daehyun right here right now.

“….~to the wall…to the sweat drop down my ba-”
“STOP singing…rapping…whatever that is, Toe-be Bryant!” Hyoyeon spat and glared at Daehyun, lifting her fist up in the air.

“Aish, you’re such a kill-joy, Hyoyeon,” Daehyun complained, pouting again. Not-so-cute pout.

“But Myunjae, girl, you killed it,” Daehyun remarked, shrugging at Hyoyeon and facing me.

“Myunjae. Really, thank you. Ever since you came, everything just e hundred eighty degrees,” Sunny smiled at me.
“Nah. It’s nothing. It’s all because of our group effort. All of us.” I replied. It's not a hundred eighty degrees because Daehyun's still a dorky turd.

We had just reached the school gates. The four them were headed towards the main road, to the left, where their dorm would be. We bid goodbye to each other, with Sunny and Hyoyeon thanking me non-stop, while me, saying ‘it’s group effort’. Daehyun carried on with his so-called rap, as he hip- once in front of Hyoyeon. Ew. 

“~To all skeet skeet motherfather…” Daehyun started dashing off, with Hyoyeon running angrily behind him.
“You T-Pain in the Arse….”

I continued walking on the sidewalk…nope, not actually…I was limping. Crap. I should add marbles to the spherical things I hate the most, including soccer balls. And these heels are seriously killing my feet. I was about to stoop down to remove these high heels from my feet when I saw two very familiar figures ahead of me, about ten meters from my spot, walking along the same sidewalk, laughing, and doing some Pete-knows-what stupid thing.

Park Chanyeol and Byun Baekhyun. 

Oh…ho…ho. 
Your arses are mine.

I whistled once.
They both turned their heads back at the same time.

“Oh, it’s Myunjae, dude,” Chanyeol spoke, casually turning his head to face forward once more….

And then they took a second glance.
With eyes widening in realization.

“Oh…sh-shi.t!!”
“Ru…run!!!” 

“Hey! You two derps!” I ran after them. “I’M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!” I’m going to decapitate you and place it in the USHers wall of fame…Ow! Ow!...my sprain. But I continued running anyway.

“He…hey…Seo Myunjae…i…it’s not what you think,” Baekhyun proceeded to sprint, looking back at me from time to time.
“Seo Myunjae…st-stop!!” Chanyeol spoke in a defensive manner, still bolting away from me.

“You brats!! I’m gonna kill…ouch….ow…" I continued hissing in pain.

Still running, I slid the heels from my feet, like a leaping frog or a galloping horse…I don’t know. I only have one thing in my mind: beat these two derps in front of me. 

“Ha-ha.” I laughed shortly, still panting…and extremely limping, with one extremely elevated heel and a barefoot…after successfully removing the shoe from my right foot.

You turds….
I squinted and aimed at Park Chanyeol’s head first with the heel.

TUB!

Park Chanyeol grunted as the heel hit his upper back. Aish. I was aiming for the head. Even so…it hit his back…so, I guess that’s fine.
“Aish! Seo Myunjae!” He attempted rubbing his back, still giving me a quick glance, running.

Then I tried removing the other heel. “Ouch! Ouch! Crap…" I stumbled removing the shoe. 
After another tug-of-war with my foot, I completely removed the other heel.

“Missile. Incoming.”

I threw the shoe.
There it goes…there it goes….

*TAG!*

“MYUNJJANG!” Baekhyun expressed as his head jerked forward when the shoe hit him solidly on his head.

Haha….maybe I should try being a professional frisbee player-

*THUD*
“Ouch!”

I tripped.
I tripped on the shoe that I threw earlier on the sidewalk. 

I hissed in pain as I carefully positioned myself in a sitting position, to inspect my now-scraped knee…in addition to my sprained ankle. Aargh. So much for my luck.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun stopped sprinting, gradually decreased their pace, and faced my direction. They started walking towards me.

“Don’t come closer, pricks. I’m gonna shred you two like sashimi,” I immediately took hold of the shoe that tripped me and threw it at the two of them, They were still laughing. However, Chanyeol caught it mid-air.

“Haha…look at what karma brought for us,” Chanyeol said, facing Baekhyun, laughing.

“Punks. I messaged you to help me…BUT NOT BID FOR ME AS YOUR FREAKING DATE!!” I started crawling towards the other shoe. I need to hit them with it. I’m not joking.

“Calm down, will ya?” Baekhyun uttered.
They reached my spot and crouched down, still chuckling. 

I’m not done yet.
Still sitting on the dusty sidewalk, I reached for Baekhyun’s hair and tugged at it.

“Aish! Myunjae! St-stop!!” Baekhyun growled in pain, attempting to remove his hair from my grasp. He staffed himself from the ground with an elbow.

“Myunjae. The hell?” Chanyeol suddenly expressed. “We’re not gonna date you even if you pay us a hundred million.”

What?
Not date me?
Phew. I guessed I just assumed wrong.

“Oh, why didn’t you just tell me…and regarding that 'not date me'...”

I grabbed Chanyeol's hair now.

“Not date me? Even for a hundred million?! Am I not worth it? Am I that cheap?! Huh?” I continued tugging at his hair.

It sounded offensive but…aish…these derpy turds….

“Ah!! Myunjae!!”
“...just...just calm down, okay?” Chanyeol continued speaking louder.

I breathed deeply before releasing Chanyeol's hair. Control. Control.

“We were just messing with you.” He soothed his scalp with a hand, wincing.

“Messing with me?! You almost gave me a heart attack back there!” I spat at him.
“And why the heck didn’t the two of stop when Kyungsoo started bidding?” I continued glaring at them. “AND WHY DID YOU NOT BID UP WHEN CAPTAIN HULCK BEGAN BIDDING?”

“That’s like a nursery rhyme…but just listen up, okay?” Baekyun uttered, as he looked at my sprained foot that I was holding with my other hand. “The Walking Dead zombie.”

“First of all, we’re on a limited budget. Two million won? How can we go against that? My allowance is enough to buy ramen noodles and kimchi for a week. Second, it’s our captain. We can’t attempt bidding higher than him. Hello? We had to have some sort of hierarchical respect for him.” Baekhyun stated as a matter-of-factly.

Tch. Just ramen noodle and kimchi? Who are they kidding? Chanyeol’s allowance can afford to pay a car loan for a month. 
And hierarchical respect? Bull-turd. Hulck does not deserve any kind of respect.

"And third-"
“You creeps. You think I’ll buy that? You think I’ll-” I cut Baekhyun's statement off and was about to grab both of the two derps' hair with my two hands again when…

“What are you three doing in the middle of the sidewalk?”

We all darted our gazes towards the newcomer.

Ugh!!
My “bidder”.
Kim Joonmyeon.

“Why are you seated there? The three of you?” Kim Joonmyeon continued asking, with a serious, unyielding expression, and with hands inside his pants pockets, school uniform.

“Uh. Duh. We’re kind of talking here. None of your business, grandpa.” I answered him, rolling my eyes at him.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun immediately stood up, dusting themselves off. I also tried standing up, but with a wounded knee and a sprained ankle…crap, this will be really hard. As if seeing I was struggling to stand up, Baekhyun assisted me up, holding me by the arm.

I slightly furrowed my eyebrows.
Ow…ow…my ankle…ah…crap…my knee….

Awkward silence.
With a bit of crickets.

I saw Joonmyeon speak sternly once more, looking at Baekhyun and Chanyeol. “Shouldn’t the two of you be going now?” 

The two derps just darted questioning glances towards one another, then at me, then back at Joonmyeon. 
“But I don’t think this limping zombie can walk by herself,” Chanyeol replied blankly.

“Don’t worry, she’ll be in good hands.”

Chanyeol and Baekhyun just looked at each other once again, as if pondering.
No. No. Don’t leave me with Hulck.

“We’re not sure…” Baekhyun sang...then smiled. “Okay.”

What? What’s wrong with these two derps?!

The derp twins their heels and carried on towards the dorm. Without me.

“Hey! You two! Don’t leave me here!”  I expressed as I tried catching up with them. Ouch…owie…my knee…aish…sprain....

“Bye, Myunjae,” Baekhyun said, not turning his head back. 
“See you tomorrow. Halloween Party.” Chanyeol sang, still proceeding to the dorms.

Aish!
I shouldn’t have almost-beaten them earlier.
And what’s with Hulck’s ‘she’ll be in good hands’?

I stopped chasing after the two and sighed in annoyance. 
What happened to the ‘a friend in need is a friend indeed’ saying?

I faced Kim Joonmyeon once more, who was still unmoved from his position, just looking seriously at the two retreating figures ahead of us. 

And what is he thinking of doing now?

Actually, I didn’t know how I looked like right now. However, I knew that I was still wearing this red satin dress still hugging my body tight…yes, I’m still ‘working it’, though I don’t know how many gallons of oxygen my lungs have been deprived of. The slight-smokey make-up was still plastered on my face, and my hair…not quite sure, after cleaning the hall earlier, it may have been looking like a bird’s nest right now. Still, I don’t care. Only Kyungsoo deserves to see me in my best, angelic, gorgeous state.

Although I was barefooted on the ground, I still had my poise. I placed my right hand on my waist and gazed at Hulck seriously. Slightly irritated. No, make that 'completely irritated'. I’m not really happy right now.

He just darted a glance towards me, with hands still in his pockets. Lips still pursed.

“Grandpa Hulck, whatever you’re trying to pull off, you should stop it now,” I muttered in a firm tone. “It’s not funny.”
“…and please, ‘good hands’?” I continued, “you have beaten students and a poor soccer opponent with 'those' hands. Pathetic.”

He did not give a reply. He continued eyeing me straight in the eyes.
Oh, my…grandpa’s Alzheimer’s Disease attack maybe.

I’m tired.
I’m sleepy.
I have a scraped knee.
And a crapping sprained ankle.

I’m just wasting my time.

I turned around to walk back to the dorms. You know, I’m really helpful and respectful to elders. But this grandpa…NO.
Suit yourself, grandpa. I’m not a girl scout to assist you. 

Ouch! Ow...

But…I think I’m forgetting something…

No…not grandpa…

Oh, crap.
Hyejin’s high heels.

I turned around once more to walk back towards my previous spot.
However, Kim Joonmyeon was still gazing at me. Blankly and staring. Just straightly at my eyes.

What’s his problem anyway?
Maybe he needs the ‘Home for the Aged’ service to pick him up?

To be honest, I don’t really have it on my speed dial and I. Simply. Don’t. Care, Grandpa.

I stood behind the spot of one of the high heels on the ground after rolling my eyes at Joonmyeon, who was still plastered on his spot behind me. 

I bent down to pick the shoe up. Oh, my…I just hope it didn’t get broken earlier or something...please...please….Sighs. Thank heavens. It was still in its o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter