010

T Is For Tattle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ONE FRIDAY NIGHT Chapter Ten

 

He took a double glance, his head consequently thumping against the skirt of the table. He hissed that it almost sounded like a cuss. His eyes closed for a moment, jaws locking once, refraining himself from cussing the second time. I didn’t know why he wanted to cuss though - it was either due to the pain or simply because I snuck inside their council room without his permission. His angry gaze shot to mine the moment he opened his eyes, eyebrows contorted.

‘The hell are you doing there?!’ He mouthed at me. 

I only replied with an embarrassed grin. Could this get any more awkward?  I wanted him to fear me somehow so he would stop messing us with his “I will dissolve your publication” threats. But seriously, who would fear an idiot hiding under their council table? 

He pointed a finger at me, threatening. ‘You’re doomed.’

I know. I’m really darned right now. You don't have to spell it out for me.

“Anything okay, Joonmyeon?” Kyungsoo asked Joonmyeon from above the table. I noticed the former shifting in his seat, as if to take a look himself.

No sweety, don't look down.

Don’t look down, Do Kyungsoo.

This. Would. Be. Totally. Embarrassing.

Kim Joonmyeon sat back straight in his seat as if there was no idiot hiding under their table. He did not fail to display his calm demeanour. From an arsehole to a respectable president real quick. He moved his seat towards the table, settling in his previous position. “I was just inspecting my pen for damages.”

“I thought I heard you speaking down there.” Kyungsoo reasoned out.

Ring . . . .

The saying was indeed true: saved by the bell. Well, literally.

Thank you, patron of pens.

I sighed in relief as the bell rang, signalling the start of classes. This meant their meeting was over. I could finally get out of this underworld.

I waited for the room to be cleared of any SC member before crawling out of the table. However, two guys were the last ones to leave the room: Black Sneakers and White Sneakers. White Sneakers was still standing beside the table, as if he was still arranging his things. Black Sneakers was by the cabinet on the right, as if doing the same thing as well. 

“Hey, Kyungsoo.” Kim Joonmyeon faced Kyungsoo, angling his feet to him.

“Yeah?” Kyungsoo asked, still focused on arranging his things on top of this table.

“So what do you think of those love scribbles in the locker hallway a week ago?”

What kind of absurdity is this? Why is he even asking Do Kyungsoo that question?

“Why are you asking?” Kyungsoo calmly replied.

“Just wondering. Perhaps, we could implement another school rule with such acts and the like.” Joonmyeon riposted confidently. Psh. Rules? Save the rules for yourself, Joonmyeon-brat.

For what seemed like a couple of seconds, Do Kyungsoo finally responded. “I don’t know, I’m not really into the aggressive, outspoken type.”

That’s when I heard the buildings inside my head crashing down.

I heard Joonmyeon sigh, a small laugh that was. You pathetic bipolar jerk. This two-faced brat is really provoking me right now. I think he’s laughing just because he knows I heard what Kyungsoo said.

My love life is over. Uh ok . . . okay. I don’t have a love life to start with. But now, I don’t stand a chance to be with Do Kyungsoo. It was like 2012 the movie, starring Seo Myunjae.

Now, Kyungsoo must not know that I am the one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter