012

T Is For Tattle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ONE FRIDAY NIGHT Chapter Twelve

 

The door shot open. One of the soccer team coaches rushed inside the room. “What the heck is happening here?”

I stopped screaming but my hands were still covering my eyes. Thank you, good heavens.

“I was just reminding Ms. Seo Myunjae that girls aren’t allowed in the locker room,” Kim Joonmyeon simply replied.

What?! He is not!

Why is he so calm anyway? He just removed his towel . . . .

I slowly peeked through my fingers. 

I realized I screamed in fear . . . for nothing.

He was wearing his soccer shorts.

Seriously, this demonic creep was trying to mess with me. AND NO. I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED THAT I SAW NOTHING. I’m not that erted, okay?

“I thought it was something serious,” the coach sighed in relief. Yes. It was serious, Mr. Coach. Your player was seconds away from harassing me and giving me a heart attack.

I looked at the figure behind the coach. There Kris was, trying to control his laughter. Big pesky rodent. I’ll really find a good story to mess you with, Kris. Your day will come. Your day will come.

“Why are you even here, young lady?” The strict-looking coach shifted his gaze towards me. He was still standing by the doorframe, holding the lever knob.

“I . . . I . . . I’m the water girl, sir. Remember?” I stuttered.

“And why is ‘the’ water girl inside the boys soccer team’s locker room?” He retorted, still doubting.

Crap. I’m running out of alibi.

“Towel . . . towel . . . I came here for the dirty towels.” Please buy it.

“Just make it quick. This area is highly restricted to soccer players only.” He prompted his head to the side shortly, signalling me to scram out of the room. His gaze landed on Joonmyeon for a moment. “And Kim Joonmyeon, rest well. Soccer game tomorrow.” He gave me one last look before stepping out of the locker room.

When the door shut close, Kim Joonmyeon started laughing.

“That was priceless,” he chuckled, heading towards his locker, the one near the shower room side. Why didn’t I start looking at that side? “That expression on your face was just . . .” It was too funny for him that he couldn’t even finish his statement. What a weird sense of humor he has. He shook his head, smile still lingering on his lips.

I stood up from the couch. “Where the heck is my planner?” I asked him directly once and for all.

“Seo Myunjae, if you’re a perfectly functional human being, you should have started realizing that I would not keep some girly planner inside our locker room.” He draped his towel on his right shoulder and bent down to pick up his uniform top.

“I know it’s in here. I can feel it.” My eyes squinted, giving the room a quick scan, ending it with a glare directed to Joonmyeon.

“Even if you sneak inside this locker room a thousand times, you’ll never find your planner . . . not unless you like seeing half- guys walking around.” To make a point with the "" part, he confidently raised both arms laterally, arrogantly, as if inviting me to look at his broad shoulders, sculpted chest, and rock-hard abdomen . . . My goodness, I can’t believe I’m looking at it right now. I brought my gaze back to his eyes. 

I just wasted my time for nothing. And, I just stained my innocent eyes. Well, almost.

I just stood there, still thinking about other places where Joonmyeon might be hiding my planner. I was too absorbed in my thoughts that I just remained in my spot.

“Why are you still here?” His voice snapped me out of my thoughts as he turned back to look at me. This time, he was done buttoning his top. His pants were in his hands, about to replace his soccer shorts with them. “Want to see me dress up?” When I merely responded with a scowl on my face, he flashed me that oh-so-hubristic half-smirk in return. "Or better yet, you, yourself, dress me up?"

Aargh!!!

I bolted towards the door, feeling my fists balling up. Jerk better be gone from my sight before I decide to whack him in the head - his thoughts are so twisted on so many levels. 

I turned to him after opening the door. “I will find it, brat. And just one more. One more strike. You’ll be dying the most painful reputation death, Kim Joonmyeon.” I shut the door behind me loudly.

 

 

 

I gathered my things from the long rectangular table inside our publication room. It was still five in the evening yet I was leaving the TWT room this early.

“You’ll be going home early, Myunjae?” Philip still had his face buried into his scratch paper, answering some math problems. The tapping sound against his scientific calculator didn’t falter, you would think he's playing a video game.

“Nope. Gonna watch the soccer game.” I slung my bag’s straps on my shoulders, shifting a bit to adjust the load on my back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter