006

T Is For Tattle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ONE FRIDAY NIGHT Chapter Six

 

"You sure you are not coming?"

"Yep. I've got History paper due tomorrow." I slipped a couple of notebooks inside my backpack. 
"Okay. Well then, see you tomorrow." Hyejin waved once before walking out of the publication door.

Quarterly overnight team building or history paper? Of course, the overnight team building. However, since the paper would be due the next day, history paper for now. , right? It was not like I always ditched the meeting anyway. Just this once.

I had just finished doing the paper and decided to hit the bed right after. It was almost ten in the evening. At least, I would get seven hours of sleep. I turned the lamp off beside my bed and before I knew it, I was off to dreamland.

I knew I got asleep easily, but I also knew that I was a very light sleeper. Like a predator who had just felt the presence of a nearby prey, I stirred in my bed when I heard shuffling noises outside my bedroom. Thinking it was just a sleep hangover, I shrugged it off and decided to carry on with my slumber.

Another shuffling noise followed by faint sound of footsteps could be heard outside my bedroom - coming from the small living room outside.

That was weird. Why would such a high-class dorm have rats or mice? We are not paying them a generous amount of money to be pestered by some rodents.

Irritated, I the small lamp beside the bed and walked outside my bedroom. The living room was pitch black. I instantly headed to the nearest light switch by memory.

Flip.

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing in front of me. There was a chorus of various kinds of cussing that could be heard from different directions.

Scattered in my room were five guys with flustered and surprised expressions on their faces, pointing rifle-sized primary-coloured water guns at me.

What the heck is this?

I was about to scream when a familiar tall, towering guy immediately stood behind me. He covered my mouth with his hand. I struggled to break free but he held my arms behind me with his other hand to prevent me from escaping.

What is this? Some hideous kind of a hostage?

I looked at them. They did not look like burglars at all. No masks nor matching black attires. They were around the same age as me. And yes. They all looked too familiar. They were wearing normal, casual clothing: Hoodies. Shirts. Sweatpants. One person caught my eye immediately.

Kim Joonmyeon.
You craptard.
Strike two.

"Sehun, you idiot. You told us she'll be out for some organization shi.t," the guy with a relatively tanned skin spat at the guy with blond hair.
"I was pretty sure she should be out overnight with some organization members. Well at least that's what I heard." Blondie retaliated.

Tan guy just hissed a cuss under his breath, still pointing his water gun at me.

"Enough." Joonmyeon commanded. They immediately snapped their attention to him. "I want you to find an SLR camera. Don't leave the tables unturned and the cabinets unopened. Search every corner of this house," Joonmyeon stared dangerously at me.

I knew this situation was quite frightening but undeniably, they looked like the police having a warrant of searching my house for some criminal evidence.

This was just funny. I couldn’t control my facial expression.

"Don't l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter