029

T Is For Tattle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CAPTAIN HULCK

Chapter Twenty Nine

 

“Aaww…you two look adorable.”

It was four thirty in the evening. An hour and a half before the Halloween Party. I was in front of my so-called full-body ‘vanity’ mirror…but trust me…I’m not ‘that’ vain. Just ‘slightly’ vain will be the description…making final touches on my costume. I then heard the faint, distinct sound of my door buzzer. I opened the front door to see Adventure Time’s Finn and Jake standing in front of the door. Not really…it is just Park Chanyeol and Byun Baekhyun, respectively. 

“Hey, Myunjae.” Chanyeol greeted with a partially annoyed and angered expression, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

Albeit the cuteness of their outfits, the expressions on their faces were somewhat in-between displeased and disgruntled. Looks like a heavy argument between these two derps happened. I immediately brushed off my smile before speaking up.

“Why pull off such long faces? It’s Halloween. Besides,” I sang, like luring Hansel and Gretel into the candy house, “you two are Finn and Jake. Ain’t that cool?” NOT.

Both of them just sighed in frustration, not darting a glance towards each other.

“I'm supposed to be Finn,” Baekhyun replied with a heavy expression.

Sighs. Thank heavens, it’s not that big of an issue. Oh wait, actually it is since they can be real immature at times...at times.

“Aaaww…” I gave a pout of sympathy. But no, I’m not sympathizing, really. It’s just a costume for goodness’ sakes.

I faced Chanyeol. Aish, this is so childish. I can’t believe I’m riding with their ‘bromance fight’ now. “Why didn’t you let Baekhyun be Finn?”

“Psh,” Chanyeol expressed, then darted a glance at me. “How can he be? I mean, I’m taller. Finn’s taller than Jake. How can the pet dog be taller than its owner?”

“First off, Jake is not a pet dog per se. He’s a friend. A friend of Finn. He can talk. He can walk on two feet…” Baekhyun continued. 

I think this is shirting ridiculous.

“That’s the status quo. Finn’s taller. I get to be Finn.” Chanyeol spat.
“Are you saying I’m short?”
“And besides…haven’t we talked about this at the costume shop…”
“No, I don’t want to be a dog. I want to be a boy…a boy like Finn…”
“But you agreed before that you’ll be Jake…”
“No, you insisted that I’ll be Jake.”
“Yes, so I can be Finn-”
“I must be Finn.”
“No. I’m Finn. You’re Jake-”
Aaargh!!!

“You mention the names Finn and Jake one more time or I swear you’ll go to the Halloween Party as two hotdogs on a bun with tomato sauce because I’m gonna beat the both of you so bad you’ll lose blood more than what a hemorrhagic patient can lose.”

They stopped and just looked at me.

Outburst. Sorry, I cannot control myself because of the constant clacking of these freaking cartoon characters in front of me.

“A…o…okay. So I’m Jake. You’re Finn. Got it?” Baekhyun spoke like a robot quickly, facing Chanyeol.

Chanyeol just nodded with pursed lips.

Okay. Breathe, Myunjae. Breathe.
“I mean, It doesn’t look that bad,” I reassured them…not…“What are the two of you complaining about?”

“Actually, it’s only Baekhyun who is complaining. I’m d.amn fine with my cos-”
“What?! I’m complaining because of you. You got the Finn costume.”
“No. Why me? Stop saying you’re not complaining.”
“No. Why would I? You stole that costu-”

“ENOUGH!!!”

And they shut up once again.

“You’re Finn. You’re Jake.” I pointed furiously at both of them, respectively.  I just hope I pointed correctly at who’s who. “No more but’s and complaints. Understood?!”

They just blankly nodded.

“Good.” I sighed. Crap, I might have hypertension even if the afternoon’s still young.

Okay, I think I’m calm now. “So why are the two of you in front of my door anyway?” 

“Oh…we just want to see you wearing the costume. Do you like it?” Baekhyun changed his “unhappy” expression into the opposite one, I think. Oh…and it’s in his own derpy version, nodding once.
“Of course, she does. It looks good on her,” Chanyeol remarked, looking down at the costume with a smile, then at the long pink wig. Crap. Pink.
“Yes. I like it a lot.” Ooops. I lied there. Just didn’t want to hurt their feelings. But if they say that I look good in it, I might as well wear this on a daily basis…back in the days of the Victorian Era.

If you were wondering, Chanyeol and Baekhyun indeed dragged me into their ‘fantasy’ world of cartoonish talking clouds, ponies, and dogs. Yay! Adventure Time. NOT. I’m not really joyous as of the moment.

And who am I for tonight?

Princess Bubblegum.

You know...or not...not unless you're Baekhyun or Chanyeol. Long pink hair. Pink dress (I was glad that the dress was long enough to cover my bandaged ankle. Also I would only be wearing sneakers. Heels were not really suitable for sprained ankles). A serpent-looking golden tiara. She is a bubblegum humanoid. She rules over the Candy Kingdom. She is also highly knowledgeable in science and Korean. I'm the total opposite. First, I'm not made of bubblegum. I don't rule over some cavity-causing kingdom. Although I may know a few scientific words, I'm not that "knowledgeable" in science. However, I am really fluent in Korean...because I'm Korean. Oh, crap. I'm starting to sound like Baekhyun enumerating all these facts about some Adventure Time character.

I could have bought my own costume, or maybe, scavenged some old ones back at our house. However, Chanyeol and Baekhyun had been bugging me non-stop for the past two weeks, saying they need-slash-demand me to join their clique. Trust me, I could have declined the offer. However after Chanyeol said he would be covering the costs, who could have said no? It was free. I like free stuff. Also, there might be a possibility for us to win the Best

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter