002

T Is For Tattle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ONE FRIDAY NIGHT

Chapter Two

 

It had already been ten minutes or so since I started looking around for Kim Joonmyeon inside this jam-packed club, a variety of colourful striking lights gracing the area. Although this would not be my first time entering a club, I felt a bit claustrophobic due to the large crowd at the dancefloor, and people restlessly walking around inside the dimly lit establishment. It was the club’s opening; it was supposed to be like this anyway before the fuss about its newness would subside.

After falling in line for half an hour outside, the  bouncers easily  allowed me to enter after showing them my citizen registration I.D. I didn't have problems with it since I just turned eighteen last month. I also didn't have to worry about my schoolmates accusing me of partying.

They want some juicy story? I'll give it to them.

Although it would be normal for other students in our school to go clubbing, everyone in the school knew that Kim Joonmyeon didn't go partying and clubbing. All he did were sports and academics. The principal and the faculty members would even use the name Kim Joonmyeon as comparison in disciplining the students.

It was illogical to assume that just because he was in a club, it would mean he was partying. For one, he might be the guy who would pray for the establishment over because it was its opening since he was the monk that everyone had assumed him to be. Everyone also knew that not even once, did he have a girlfriend, although he was friendly to every girl or just simply to every student on campus. Some would even joke that he had not kissed a girl...ever. For them, it may be a big issue since they were pointing out that he was gay or something, but for me, I think it was quite an admirable trait for a guy - like saving that kiss for someone very special.

Now that I think about it, why would I even want to destroy the flawless reputation of a person who had not done anything wrong to me? Maybe, he was not doing anything wrong at all. 

Just as I was about to turn around to head towards the exit, I saw this familiar figure again seated slightly far from where I stood on my left side. The area seemed like some VIP lounge since it was decorated with long, red grandeur sofas and crystal clear tables, unlike those in the other corners with mere gray-painted tables and chairs.

This time, Kim Joonmyeon was not alone. He was with some three other random guys but I wasn't really sure if we were from the same school due to the large population of students at Seoul Elite. I may be TWT's editor-in-chief, but I'm not really completely familiar with all the students on campus. People will only be that 'remarkable' for me especially if they were once the object of a scandalous 'it' story. Along with them were five random girls dressed in y party clothes and it looked like they had just started their drinking spree, based on what I could see from my spot.

Kim Joonmyeon was also drinking. With a bottle of alcohol in his right hand.

With two girls on his both sides, whispering to his ears and giggling.

He threw both of his arms around their shoulders as the girls laid their heads on his chest, giggling. 

This isn't the Kim Joonmyeon that everybody knows.

Just perfect for the new story.

I went to a table near my spot but not too far from the VIP lounge. I ducked at the table occupied by an already-drunk couple, who didn't seem to mind their surroundings anymore. 

Aiming my lens towards their spot, I captured the perfect picture for the perfect new it story.

One of his guy companions quickly turned around; I took cover below the table on reflex, clutching the camera by my stomach. I inched up a few distance to monitor them with my gaze.

"What is it, Kris?" I heard Joonmyeon's voice, like noticing the sudden action of his friend maybe.

"…don't know…think…just saw a camera flash," the guy, whom he called Kris, had responded. 

Oh shiz. I forgot to turn off my camera's flash. But the photo would be quite useless if I disabled the flash, right?

The guy who reacted to the flash earlier began darting his gaze all over the place with still subtle yet calm movements as if continually surveying the area.

I quickly hid again under the table. I have to get out of here quickly. 

I placed my SLR camera back inside my bag, practically ramming the thing inside the casing with my frantic, panicking movements. I crawled out of the table. I started rushing towards the exit, bumping onto person to person here and there; I merely mumbled my apologies and bowed at them shallowly with only my mind screaming that I should not let my efforts go to waste. As I successfully stepped out of the exit, I accidentally bumped onto a firm figure in front of me. 

"Sorry," I muttered repeatedly as I bowed twice, my hair swooshing up and down, my gaze still set onto the ground. I lifted up my head to proceed with my escape plan, but  I took a double glance as I realized who the person was.

It was the guy. The guy with Joonmyeon. What was his name again? Kr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter