026

T Is For Tattle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CAPTAIN HULCK

Chapter Twenty Six

 

OH. MY. GOSH.
O.M.G.
O. M. G.

I immediately ran towards the dressing room at the backstage to break the BIG NEWS to the two derps via Baekhyun. This is BIG NEWS. Really BIG NEWS. OH. MY. GOSH. 

And the reply I got was: Okay. :)

‘Okay dot smiley-face’? Really, Baekhyun?

“To start off, let’s watch the awaited presentations of the various organizations.”

Crap. Here it goes. Thump. Thump. Thump.

The first to perform was the Dance Club.

Holy Fudge. I flinched when a student in a black wifebeater and jeans came out doing backhand springs towards the center of the stage. The rest of the team followed emerging from both sides of the stage. But gosh…the lyrics....so vulgar. How can they dance to this song?  

~let me see you get low. You scared. You scared...

Drop dat a.ss to the floor, you scared, you scared
Now stop….oh….then wiggle wit ya
Now stop…..oh….then wiggle wit ya

To the window (to the window), to the wall (to the wall)
To the sweat drop down my b.all

“LET ME SEE YOU GET LOW YOU SCARED, YOU SCARED….
TO ALL SKEET SKEET…MOTHERFATHER...ALL SKEET SKEET GOOD DARN…”

“Uh...Myunjae,” I noticed someone nudge me  with an the elbow.
“Wh-what?” I asked.
“Are you high? You’re like dancing and rapping like a gangsta,” Sunny uttered in an FYI tone, imitating my bobbing head.
“Oh, I was?”
Crap. That’s embarrassing. But really, the song is quite catchy ~ To the wall….To the sweat drop down my ugh….

I just flashed her an embarrassed grin. However, I think we have to call some First Aid Rescue for the succeeding years...their stunts were really dangerous…headspins…handstands. Yep, those are ‘dangerous’ for me. Literally ‘breath-taking’.

The Ballet Society came out, in collaboration with the Arts Club. I wasn’t sure though, but I thought they did some Nutcracker performance, but not the whole though. With a twist of modernity…and  a bit of crazy imagination. It made me go nuts. Actually….I was partially sure that I heard something cracking inside my head…Maybe just my screws getting loose while watching the performance…or maybe because I was staring at the glittery moon props hoisted up in the air. Gosh…stiff neck.

Then there was the Young Musicians Club. Their performance was very Glee-like. Now this was the type of performance to basically make your jaw drop…in a good way. However, I noticed Hyoyeon slightly fuming because Daehyun kept on singing along with the performers.

“Sunny, do we have an electric tape here?”

The Math Club came out. Three members did some rubix-cube thingy. Blindfolded. In a time of one minute. Including Luhan. Proud mama watching here….no wait…I’m Baekhyun’s and Chanyeol’s mama…uh…just…proud auntie watching here.

The Debate Club…not sure with their performance though. It was like we were in a judiciary court or something. I thought they were gonna punch each other. The issue of debate was: Which would you rather be – a cactus or a butterfly? Though I had to say if they asked Philip, the issue would be settled in half a second. He’d choose the latter for sure. Don’t ask him why.

The Theatre Club…uh…I’m not big on plays…but um…it's like a remake of Romeo and Juliet. It was boring if you ask me. But I did think the students were mad-hyper near the end…because of the kissing scene. Ew. erts.

“Is there any bed scene?” A student shouted at the end. Really dude?

And bam! The Taekwondo team. Don’t ask me to start saying anything about it…because I will spazz…seriously. It was a mixture of martial arts and hiphop music. They danced and punched and kicked. Holy shiz. Do Kyungsoo looked freakishly….red…hot. Hot. Hot in his Taekwondo uniform. Unfortunately, he came out from the other side of the stage. Crap. I did think that there should be indeed some First Aid and Medics called for this night. Because I almost fainted.

I guess those were the most notable performances.

Okay. Okay. I guess I should say this. The soccer team was “The BEST!” as Sunny expressed earlier. They did some ‘kicking’ exhibition with the ball. Easy breezy. We could do that as well. See…I can ‘kick’ Hulck’s arse.

“And finally, last but not the least…..Give it up for the USHers.”

Clapping.
Cheering.

…..actually, we were the only ones who did that. The five of us.

When we came out the stage…it was like a funeral. All were already wasted. They were almost or simply already asleep. I looked at my teammates and they were all quite worried. I mean who wouldn’t be, if your team rehearsed every after class for four hours straight, for a whole week?

I darted my glance again towards the audience. I think only a number of students were awake this time, as what I could see from the first row up to the third row…I couldn’t see the rest of the rows because the hall was dark except for the spotlight directed towards this stage. Oh there’s Doogeun, he’s awake…oh, he's reading a book. Oh…oh…there’s Yongguk…awake…or not….he’s texting...Aish. Why did they have to place us at the end? But they probably would have slept earlier if we performed first...so…aish…just perform.

“You .” 
“What’s this? Chemistry Class?”

Yeah. We heard that. We just turned our backs on them – starting position.

‘Hit it.’ Hyoyeon signalled to the Sounds Engineer, in front of the stage, at the second level of this theatre-slash-hall.

~MUSIC PLAYS ~ Hot Tottie – Usher featuring Jay-Z…It’s in the name. And yes…we used the clean version.

~They call me King Hov, capisce?
They call me King Hov, capisce?.....

Then Sunny, Himchan, Hyoyeon, Daehyun, and I removed our laboratory gowns.

Sunny was wearing a white cocktail (Nah…it’s a party-) dress. Hyoyeon, mini black (party) dress. Daehyun was wearing his contact lenses and not the usual black specs. The two boys were wearing a set of jeans, white V-necks, and blazers.

And I….

was wearing a body-fitting short, sleeveless red satin dress. Crap. This clothing is only good for viewing. Did I get fat? This is too tight for my body. But I’m not sure really. Hyejin and I are the same size. Maybe, I’m just not used to this.

Aish. I’ll just ‘work it’.

And that was when the crowd started ‘waking up’, straightening up on their seats.

Okay…okay….just do what we practiced…or rather copied from Youtube.

Step right.
Step left.
Pose.
Body wave…..oh gosh….this is just…brutal….

I asked Daehyun to find some choreography video for this…but I didn’t know this would be too…racy for my liking.

I glanced at the other four…they’re really into the choreography. Hyoyeon was looking all serious, with that stern expression. The same went for Sunny. But for the other two, it was completely different. Daehyun was biting his lower lip…but not the dorky way…in an unyielding, fierce predator-like manner…oh my gosh….he’s not Daehyun. It’s like some manly, better-looking creature from other planet. Himchan was also focused and eyeing the crowd murderously.

Then I heard girly screams from the far back. So they’re liking this?

Then, we better step the game up. It’s now or never. 
And we’re NOT losers.

“Hey there, y.” Wait. That’s Baekhyun’s voice. Oh, my…I have a supporter, or better yet a fan.

~MUSIC~
I’m like oooh Kimosabe
your body is my hobby
We freakin’
This ain’t cheatin’ as long as we tell nobody….

Then bend….oh gosh…crap…face the crowd…and no…no… I just did a wave with my arse…ugh….Daehyun…I’m gonna kill you.

Now that I think about it…this is my suggestion gone bad….
But nope. FOCUS. For the benefit of USHers.

And then the next thing I heard was the crowd cheering, shouting our names, roaring. 

“Go, Hyoyeon.”
“We love you, Sunny.”
“Daehyun, date me.” Really, girl? A date instantly?
“Himchan, you’re a hottieeeeee…” Oh, my…was that a guy? Eeep.

“Go, Myunjae. You're so hot!” Some random male students were shouting my name. s.

However, I really had a hard time placing my full attention towards the choreography, because these heels were too high. It was like I was dancing ballet with pointed toes. Ow…ow…I stumbled a bit.

Then…we heard small rumbling…rolling sounds….

THUD!
BAG!
BAG!
THUD!
THUD!

Then we were -first on the floor. Ouch! I just landed on my gluteus maximus. And sheeeeeettttt! My right ankle.

The music screeched to a stop. I looked around me. MARBLES??!! Who the hell placed marbles in here?!

We looked at each other…then at the crowd.
Deafening silence.

And then gradually….
The cheers came back…audience’s cheers.

Then they stood up. Clapping. Standing Ovation.
The five of us just gave awkward grins towards the audience.

Cheering.
Clapping.
Appreciation.

“Oh my gosh, we did it.” Hyoyeon jumped, “we did it- ow!” and landed on her again as she attempted approaching me to give me a hug.
“Yay! Myunjae! Success!” D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter