Chapter 50

The Art Of Love []

Hyesung's P.O.V.


I sat in the theatre, fidgeting a little bit. Finally I was gonna see the film that took Dongwan's attention for the past year. He never wanted to share anything concerning it with me, so naturally, it made me even more curious about it. And he wasn't the only one - I know Eric and Yunho acted in it and Minwoo was the one who wrote the music for it. But no one wanted to tell me anything about it. All I could do was wait for it - and now, that the time for me to see it finally came I was more nervous then ever. Because, for some reason, I felt like it held a special meaning, a special importance.

The film finally started and I felt myself relax a bit as it brought that kind of feeling to me. But when I heard the names of the main characters - who were of course portrayed by Yunho and Eric - I froze a bit, quickly glancing at Dongwan who was sitting right beside me.

He looked back at me and gave a warm smile, while question popped into my head - was this about the two of us?


Changmin's P.O.V.


As the movie went on I felt Junsu squeezing my hand gently. I knew he was excited, he didn't expect Dongwan's movie to be this good - and especially to portray all our lives so amazingly well, but most of all focusing on his relationship with Hyesung, of course. I looked at my boyfriend and could clearly see how proud he was with his brother, how happy he was. I fell my own heart beat slightly faster, swelling with pride and I just hoped that after this Dongwan will finally get his Hyesung. I didn't even have to hope, knowing Hyesung, I was sure of it.


Jaejoong's P.O.V.


I bit my lip as I watched the film. For some reason I had the feeling that I was the only one, beside Hyesung, who didn't know what this was about. I turned to Minwoo, gazing at him in awe.

"You did this for them?" I whispered, not believing a bit, but on the other hand I didn't believe many things my boyfriend has done, but he always proved me wrong when it came to that. He was more loving and caring towards our whole group of friends then he let us believe.

"I did it for all of us." He simply replied, smiling back at me.


Yoochun's P.O.V.


"Are you alright?" Eric whispered into my ear, slightly worriedly and I jumped in my seat slightly. I was too into the film, I wasn't aware of anything nor anyone around me. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. This movie was pure perfection.

"I'm okay... shh... I'm watching." I replied quickly, lightly pushing him away and he laughed, turning back to the screen.


Junjin's P.O.V.


I sank into my seat, truly enjoying this little work of art Dongwan gave to us all. I felt Yunho's hand around my shoulders as I could feel all the love circling our little group of friends. Jaejoong's exhibition a couple of weeks ago and this film now finally made me realize something. I finally felt like I belong somewhere. I belong here and that made me feel complete.


Dongwan's P.O.V.


I couldn't stay calm. This was it. This film was my confession to the love of my life. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Hyesung, I loved him way to much to let go of him. I wanted to show him what he meant to me - and I wanted to show our whole group of friends that I couldn't imagine my life without them either. Each of them had a special place in it and if I hadn't met them I wouldn't be Kim Dongwan that I am now.

I looked at Hyesung, but couldn't read anything on his face. He was focused on my film and the only expression he wore was the one of shock. I knew he couldn't believe it, I just didn't know if he was happy because of it or not. I knew that he would do everything not to hurt me - I just hoped that there will be no reason for him to do so once the film ends.


Hyesung's P.O.V.


By the end of the film my heart ached so hard. He loved me. All this time I've spent trying to push my own feelings away in order not to lose that special bond, special friendship we had and he loves me back? I was quite shocked even though everyone probably thought and expected me not to be. Everyone knew he loved me too. I just never wanted to listen.

The film ended and I found my eyes filling with happy tears. I was unsure of how I should react, I only knew that I wanted to hug him and kiss him and tell him just how much I love him.

I turned to look at him, but he wasn't in his seat and I understood he went to the front, along with Eric, Yunho, Minwoo and some other people who were a part of his crew. This was his premiere afterall.

"Thank you." He smiled as people applauded him. "Well... film says it all, I don't think I should say anything more... I did this for all the people who mean the world to me and I'm really happy that they're all here with me tonight. But more importantly, I did this for the one who makes my world the special place worth living in. This was such a special year for me... for all my friends really... but it was also probably the hardest. I've been trying to hold this away from you until tonight. Hyesung..." he looked at me and at that moment I understood everything he wanted to say. That look of his was telling me so much, telling me everything my own heart told me ages ago. It was like looking into the mirror. I saw him clearly now and I know he must have seen me too.

I stood up and walked over to him, hugging him tightly.

"Thank you." I whispered into his ear. "You've always been my everything." I admitted, pulling away to look into his eyes.

"I lo-..." he started.

"No, I love you." I interrupted, grinning broadly. "I love you so much."


Dongwan's P.O.V.


"Hyung..." I smirked at the word, he rarely called me that now - but still whenever he needed something from me.

"I don't want to hear it Junsu. I told you that I love you guys living here with us, but you're not kids anymore..." I paused, knowing that I didn't choose the right word. "We're trying hard to block all the noises and bathroom on the second floor been occupied whenever you're not in bedroom... I don't even want to step in there actually." I made a face. "But you doing it on the dining room table and running around the house ? Don't you think it's a bit too much?"

"Hyung, come on..." he pouted and I shook my head not believing that I'm talking to a thirty years old man.

"Don't 'hyung' me. You know that doesn't work anymore. I know what you're trying." I stood up, walking into the kitchen and practically bumping into Changmin.

"You." I pointed at him. "I never thought I'd be able to hear every ual activity my little dongsaeng is having." I said accusingly.

"You're not hearing every, believe me." He replied nonchalantly.

"Urgh..." I shook my head. "Get out. Now!" I said, pushing him out of the kitchen and then turning to look at Hyesung, who was preparing dinner.

"Give them a break." He said simply.

"It's like I have an overly excited pair of teenage kids." I sighed, taking a seat.

"You might not want to sit there." He smirked and I quickly jumped up.

"That's it, we're changing some of the furniture." I concluded. "Or all of it?" I glanced back at my boyfriend and he nodded, not being able to hold back his laughter anymore.


Yoochun's P.O.V.


"Hyung!" I yelled, too lazy to get up as I was in the middle of composing. I was so distracted lately for some reason, inspiration wouldn't come. I shrugged it off and sighed as I stood up and went out of the room to find Junjin, Marshy's daughter Tina trailing behind me.

"Hyung!" I called again until I found him in his own work room.

"What? I'm working." He said, writing something down. I never imagined that he'd push his painting slightly to a side and become a business man. He was owning a large art gallery now and he was satisfied, but he did paint less then before. It was close to my composing actually - he'd paint like crazy at times and then there were times when he'd completely drop it because of the lack of inspiration and work piling up in the gallery.

"Eric called. He said him and Yunho will be a bit late." I said.

"Alright. Minwoo said he's too busy today anyway, so him and Jae will be late too." He replied simply. "I've changed the dinner reservations, don't worry."

"I don't." I chuckled. "Do you need help?" he looked up, raising one of his eyebrows slightly.

"What about your music?"

"Today's not the day." I shrugged, taking a seat beside him, wanting to help him so we could be done sooner.

"I want to talk to Jaejoong tonight." He said.

"Yeah? What about?" I glanced at him curiously.

"I want him to be my partner in the gallery... this is too much work for me alone. And beside Hyesung he's the best person for it." He shrugged.

"Really? That's great Jin." I smiled broadly. "By the way Junsu called me. To whine about Dongwan again." I chuckled.

"They've been... restless again, ne?" Junjin laughed as well. "You're lucky Yunho and I are considerate."

"Oh please... I didn't need that image in my head." I made a face and we both laughed again.


Dongwan's P.O.V.


I watched my friends. It's been another one of our Christmas celebrations... a lot of years passed since that year and we were still happily together. Spending as much time together as we could. We needed each other, always.

Throughout the years we discovered and learned to comprehend our professions, always creating and approaching art in a different way, feeling a dose of a special excitement along the way. We learned what it means to fall in love with art. The love for art.

What we didn't expect was discovering something else, something that took us into its embrace, took everything we had to offer and at the same time gave us everything that we needed. Filled us whole. A different type of art. The art of love.



 

THE END