Chapter 35

The Art Of Love []

Hyesung's P.O.V.


"I know you have a boyfriend Wannie." I said seriously. I couldn't take it anymore, I had to talk about it. "I know about you and Yunho."

"Me and..." he started, but then started laughing. "You think Yunho and I are together?"

"Well... I..." I was shocked at his words. Was Jae right all along?

"Oh Sungie... where did you get that from?" he asked. "Wait... That's why you were acting like that?" I nodded looking down. He hugged me. "You're really silly."

"But... how was I supposed to know? You were spending all your free time with him." I started.

"With him and Eric." He corrected me. "We were rehearsing. You know that."

"But I saw him saying he loved you." I replied.

"When?" he asked.

"When you were rehearsing." I whispered, not daring to look at him.

"Sungie, you followed me to one of the rehearsals?" he asked then. I nodded. "But why?"

"I couldn't take it anymore." I felt like I betrayed him. But I couldn't deny the feeling of happiness building up inside of me. I was happy there was nothing between him and Yunho.

"I'm sorry." He said hugging me again.

"You apologized already. Just stop." I replied. "I should apologize now."

"No, it's alright." He said making me look at him. I could see he was smiling. "However I told you it's a secret. My movie. And you came to one of the rehearsals." He said raising one eyebrow.

"Sorry." I said giving him my puppy eye look and he chuckled.

"Just don't do it again. I really want you to wait for it. Please." I nodded and he kissed my forehead.

We were alright. Everything was alright. I allowed myself to believe that my love wasn't pointless, that it might not be one-sided. I was happy again.


JaeJoong's P.O.V.


I sat in the living room, watching tv, when Yunho walked into the room.

"Jae, hi." He smiled walking up to me. I looked up and smiled back.

"What's up,Yunnie?" I asked.

"I was looking for you. Can we talk?" he asked and I nodded, turning off the tv. "Not here." He added and I got up, following him upstairs and into his and Eric's room.

"What's going on?" I asked as soon as I closed the door behind me and we sat down.

"Nothing special, I just need to talk to someone." He said. "And I miss you."

"I miss you too." I smiled.

"I don't know, I have Eric. He's my best friend. I also have Dongwan and Changmin and... you know, it's not like I don't have people around me to talk to. But I really missed you. I have this feeling like no one can understand me the way you do." He said and I nodded.

"It's alright, I feel the same way about you." I replied.

"You're okay with talking to me?" he asked then. "I mean, you know I'm sorry I hurt you... I just want to make sure if it's okay to be friends again."

"We never stopped being friends. I just needed some time." I smiled warmly again and he grinned in return. I paused "Yunho, tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing is wrong. I mean, it's not really serious..." he started.

"It's about Junjin, right?" I asked, smiling slightly. He looked at me furrowing his brows slightly. "You like him, but he likes Eric. Is that right?"

"How...?" he asked.

"Yoochun is my roommate and best friend afterall." I shrugged. "Besides, I have eyes, you know." I chuckled. "Not to mention that little truth and dare game..." He nodded.

"I really like him Jae. Like... I see him every day and..."

"You can't imagine your day without him? He said the same." I replied.

"Yeah, but I feel so much more for him then he feels for me." He said.

"Why do you think so?" I asked. It looked like Junjin felt a lot for Yunho too. I was sure he liked him back actually. But... I could always be wrong. "It looks like he's showing a great deal of affection towards you too."

"I don't know... I wouldn't call it affection."

"Why are you denying it? It really looks like it." I said.

"No, Jae, all he sees is Eric. You know, the first time we went for a coffee it was by accident. Heck every time we went for a coffee was by accident if you look at it more closely. He came to look for Eric, but Eric wasn't there. So I suggested to spend some time with him. And that just happened day after day. Eventually we just got used to it. I was a substitute. I am a substitute for Eric." He sighed looking down.

"Oh, Yunho." I sighed smirking lightly. "He never rejected your invitation to go for a coffee. He could've, but he never did. Doesn't it tell you enough?"


Changmin's P.O.V.


I smiled walking into the kitchen and seeing Junsu drinking his juice. His back was facing me, so he didn't notice me and I walked up to him, putting my arm around his waist and pulling him closer to me.

"What the..." he muttered, turning around and freeing himself from me. "What the hell is wrong with you?" he asked annoyed and turned away from me again, grabbing an empty cup to pour himself some freshly made coffee.

"Nothing." I replied looking at his back. It hurt damnit. "How are you?" I asked the first thing that appeared in my head.

"Awful. I have a terrible hangover." He replied, sipping his coffee. "I feel so sick." I swallowed, trying to act as normal as possible. It hurt so much. "Oh and I wanted to ask you something." He added. "When I woke up this morning I was . Why was that?"

Oh god, tears. Make them stop.

"You did it yourself. I guess you really were too drunk." I managed to choke out. "I... I have to go... finish something." I added quickly and practically ran out of the kitchen.

He... he didn't remember anything. I never thought this kind of pain was possible.


Minwoo's P.O.V.


I usually don't pay much attention to people around me and that's one of the things that I'm not very proud of. I am a selfish person, everyone knows that. At least that was one thing I never had to hide about myself. Now, that's also not something I should be proud of, but that's just the way I am.

However, this time I had to notice that things around me were changing. Relations between people around me, I think it was safe enough to call them friends now, were changing. It was strange, because I couldn't tell what exactly was happening. And I was pretty sure they couldn't either. Something changed and I also knew nothing we did could change it back to the way things were. I also don't know if it was for better or for worse, were we progressing like this or were we going back. We were just sure that we were going through some serious changes altogether.

I was afraid of changes. Changes always made me extra insecure and of course, extra careful. Whenever I sensed them I would put on another mask, just in case. We could never be careful enough. I liked taking risks... but this was just too much.

As soon as we went back to college the old way of life returned. Studying for the exams, working on projects, same old parties and coffees at Heechul's. Nothing ever changed here and even though it made me feel at home I couldn't get away from that awful feeling of changes in the air. Maybe it was because of new year.

I never believed things could change over night. If I did I probably wouldn't be as afraid as I actually was. I would probably find a way to get over my fear long time ago. But that wasn't the case. That's why I was puzzled more then ever now. Scared and well hidden. And that's why the image of Lee Minwoo-the college male wh.ore and bad guy was stronger then ever.

I was full of energy, I was cheerful and flirty, always up for a party, for a little bit of fun. I was hiding, secretly watching over, looking for something huge to happen. I was looking over people around me. I was looking over him. The biggest change of all that he was actually looking back. But no, what actually beat it was my reaction. I didn't know what to do. To be scared... or happy?


Junjin's P.O.V.


I looked down at my photographs. We were taking a course of photography this semester, Hyesung, Jaejoong and I. I wasn't the best in it, although I wasn't really bad. I had the eye, like my friends, but that was normal considering that we were painters. But something was missing. And I knew exactly what it was. Unlike Hyesung, who wasn't really paying much attention to it, who would rather drop it and go back to his paintings, unlike JaeJoong who loved it more then anything, who was actually into photography ever since high school, so he loved the fact that he had more time for it now. Unlike the two of them, I simply found photography quite boring. I like paying attention to composition, to light, to technical side of it, but I just didn't see what was that that camera had and good old paintbrush lacked. I just didn't enjoy it.

I sighed putting the photos down and covering them with my books, before grabbing my coat and going out for a walk.

It was already around eight o'clock in the evening and I sighed as I stepped out on cold. My feet lead me to the drama department as I realized I wanted to see him. We saw each other less then two hours ago, but I missed him already. I walked to the classroom he usually had his rehearsals in. I knew where it was located, he showed it to me, just in case I needed something and couldn't find him.

I stood in front of it, smiling as I saw it opened and looked inside. But what I saw shocked me more then anything. I stood there glued to the spot for one long moment, before I turned around and left as quickly as possible.


Yunho's P.O.V.


I pulled away from him, with annoying expression on my face.

"Eric, will you stop laughing and just do it right?" I spat.

"I'm sorry Ho." He repeated for millionth time that evening, but it took him some time to stop chuckling.

"I just can't believe it... You're a dork and all, but you have always been so serious when it comes to work." I continued. "What is wrong with you?"

"Well, sorry for not being able to do it. Just bare thought of kissing you makes me laugh... and actually doing it..." he chuckled again.

"Stop being so immature. We're shooting this scene next week." I replied seriously.

"Alright." He said and without warning pulled me into a kiss.

"Mmmm..." I tried to protest as he started laughing again and broke the kiss. I wiped my lips and sighed. "I'm supposed to kiss you first."

"I know, I know..." he nodded.

"And you laughed again."

"Sorry."

"Sorry doesn't do it Eric, I don't know what to do anymore." I sighed. "Maybe if Wannie was here."

"Maybe... I don't know." He replied, sighing as well. "I don't know if I can do this."

"Of course you can do it." I scoffed. "You did everything great so far, we went through every scene and you just do it perfectly. I never thought you'll be able to play Sungie that well." I said honestly.

"Why, thank you." He replied with sarcasm and I chuckled.

"You know what I mean. You're a great actor. One kiss shouldn't be a problem for you." I said.

"I don't know how to do it. Like... I can't relax. I mean, alright, you're my best friend and we knew each other since we were in diapers."

"I'd rather not mention that period of my life, thank you." I joked.

"But really, that's exactly the problem. How can I kiss you? You're like... my brother." He finished.

"Actually, Eric, I think that's the reason why Dongwan wanted us to play this. We do know them the best, but we're also best friends just like they are. So... maybe it's a similar relationship." I shrugged.

"Are you trying to tell me something?" Eric asked.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Oh, you like me now? Like Wannie likes Sungie? Huh? Is that right?" Eric started, grinning and making me laugh.

"Okay, are you done?" I asked trying to glare at him, but it was just impossible. He nodded. "I know it's hard, it's hard for me too. But just don't think it's me you're kissing. Just... imagine Yoochun." I said.

"Okay, got it." He nodded and I took a step forward, ready to give it another shot. "Wait." He stopped me. "Who are you imagining?"

"Junjin." I replied rolling my eyes.

"Alright." He nodded.

"Was it really necessary for you to know?" I asked.

"Nah... I was just curious." He grinned and I shook my head, finally leaning for another, hopefully successful, kiss.


Yoochun's P.O.V.


I was looking for Dongwan, since Minwoo asked me to give him some notes he finished for his new film. So, here I was now, in drama department, at nine o'clock in the evening, trying to find Wannie and hoping I won't bump into Eric.

I looked around, but hallways were empty and so were the most of the classrooms. I sighed, walking up to the next one, that actually had its lights on.

Looking inside I widened my eyes and let out a small gasp, since I saw something I certainly didn't expect to see. Ever.