Chapter 5

The Art Of Love []

JaeJoong's P.O.V.


I couldn't believe it was happening. Out of all people Yoochun just had to run into Yunho and like him so much.

"Jae... I... I'm sorry." He said silently and looked down. I sighed.

"It's not your fault." I replied. "It doesn't matter really, I can't stop you from seeing him and I don't want to either." I added, although both of us knew it mattered. I felt like sh.it.

"No, I'm not gonna see him. I'm not that big of a jerk." He continued shaking his head slightly.

"You should. He's a great guy." I said and swallowed. "It didn't work out between us, but maybe it will between you guys." I couldn’t believe what I was saying, it hurt me so much.

"When did you break up?" he asked.

"Two weeks ago." I replied silently.

"Man..." he sighed. "I'm sorry Jae."

"Stop it, you didn't know, it's totally okay." I said firmly. "I'm not ready to talk to him yet, be around him, that's all. I'll be alright with time, don't pay attention to me."

"How am I supposed to do that? You're my friend." He asked and I smiled at his words.

"I'll be alright. Honestly." I patted him on the shoulder and stood up. "Let's go."


Changmin's P.O.V.


I was supposed to meet with Eric and Yunho in a nearby café. With college starting tomorrow the place was crowded. The atmosphere was familiar to me and I smiled, feeling good. I loved college, my studies, people... it was great. It was definitely good to be back.

"Happy to be back?" a familiar voice startled me and I smiled looking up at Heechul.

"Hey!" I replied cheerfully. "What's up man? I see you have a lot of work." I said looking around and then back at him. Heechul was just a bartender in this café, but he was basically part of the college, everyone knew him, everyone talked to him, everyone loved him.

"Yeah, as usual." He shrugged. "What's up? I bet you can't wait for classes to start."

"Yeah, that... and well, let's say this year's gonna be interesting." I smirked drinking my coffee.

"Oh yeah? Why's that?" he asked and I gave him a knowing look. "Something involving Kim Junsu?" I nodded grinning openly now. "Oh don't tell me..." he started widening his eyes.

"Yep, he's my roommate." I nodded. "Now... what was that bet about?"

"I can't believe it." He shook his head and took out his wallet, pulling money out of it and placing it in my open palm. I grinned again. "Poor Junsu..." he shook his head and went away to catch up with other old friends. I laughed placing money into my back pocket.


Yunho's P.O.V.


"There he is." I said pulling Eric with me and walking over to Changmin.

"Hyungs!" he said smiling and stood up to hug us.

"Hey Min! Missed us much?" Eric grinned sitting down and I followed, smiling as well.

"Yeah, you know I can't live without you." He replied sarcastically and smiled.

"See Yunho? He doesn't need us anymore... after all we did for him..." Eric shook his head dramatically and waved to Heechul who nodded in return. He already knew what we usually drank.

"Yeah, our baby is all grown up now." I chuckled ruffling Min's hair and leaned on Eric's arm. "Wanna make another one?" I winked.

"Shut up dork." He scooted away from me and I pouted.

"Oh, you want to make babies with someone else, I see..."

"I do not..." he blushed furiously and grinned at Heechul who personally brought us our coffee. Saved by the... Heechul?

"Hey guys!" Heechul said cheerfully and sat down. "What did I miss?"

"I'm clueless." Changmin replied. "What's that all about?"

"Eric hyung here has a little crush." I cackled.

"Hyung! Really?" Min asked widening his eyes and getting all excited.

"It's so not a crush." Eric replied. "Just because I want to get to know someone better..."

"... and jump him and make love with him like there's no tomorrow..." I interrupted grinning. Eric shot me a glare.

"Woah... wait! Him?" Heechul asked raising an eyebrow at Eric.

"Oh, yes, our hyung suddenly turned gay!" I nodded proudly.

"Hyung!" Changmin smiled happily. "Finally!"

"What do you mean finally?" Eric asked. "Besides, I'm not gay. You said I'm not gay." He turned to me.

"No, I said you might not be gay, but judging by your constant asking and looking for the mysterious guy I'm positive you're gay now." I replied nodding.

"Oh no..." he said putting his head into his hands.

"Oh yes!" Changmin exclaimed causing Heechul to laugh. I cackled myself and patted Eric on his back.

"Oh come on, baby, you should be happy. Now you're one of us!" I laughed.

"I don't want to be one of you..." he pouted.

"But hyung, you're too hot to be straight anyway..." Changmin started winking at me. "Oh this is gonna be so much fun, you'll join all our conversations now."

"You don't mean..." he started.

"Our dirty conversations, yes." I nodded finishing for him.

"Oh no..." he repeated shaking his head.

"Oh yes." Changmin repeated as well smiling brightly. "We want to know everything about your love... I mean life." Eric looked at him horrified and I laughed.

"That's true, you also get to hear all about ours, right Min?" I said winking at Min.

"Finally someone other then me hearing those erted stuff." Heechul jumped in and I grinned. Messing with Eric was so much fun.

"You're not serious..." Eric gasped looking at the three of us.

"Of course we are." Min said nodding. "Besides, it's good to exchange such stories... learning from other people's experience... especially when other people are your best friends." He said as-a-matter-of-factly and I suppressed the urge to laugh. Eric bought it. He stayed silent for a minute, thinking about it, I assume completely horrified. I decided to change the topic, leaving him to think we were serious for some time.

"So, what's up with you?" I asked looking at Changmin.

"Oh nothing." Changmin smiled. That smile definitely meant something.

"Nothing, really..." Heechul smirked and I raised an eyebrow looking at the both of them.

"Yeah, nothing special, just... I have an interesting roommate. It's gonna be hard living with him, but I'll manage just fine. You know, challenge and all..." Changmin continued.

"You'll never guess who the roommate is." Heechul said sarcastically and a name popped into my head. Who's the one person Changmin can't stand? Who's the one that drives him crazy, his rival, person who he always have to fight in order to confirm his status of the best singer in college? And the person who doesn't let him do so? They're always the best, together. And it always pi$$es Min off. The one and only...

"Kim Junsu." Changmin said and his face darkened instantly. I think it was one name Changmin hated. Truly hated. He wasn't the one to hate, sweety Min - everyone called him that and everyone knew he was the nicest guy they've ever met. But mention of Kim Junsu's name would always drive him crazy. He didn't really hate Junsu, just everything he represented.

Kim Junsu was a player, a person who would party like there is no tomorrow, not paying much attention to his studies, but getting the best results nonetheless. He was straight, surrounded with girls, he was popular, he was everyone's role model. Immature, irresponsible, but still the best in everything he did. Changmin couldn't quite understand that, when he was the one studying like a lunatic, rarely going out and having no love life at all. The only thing they both had were friends and, ironically, in some weird way they were a part of the same crowd.

"That's gonna be interesting." Eric said suddenly smiling, obviously happy he wasn't the theme of the conversation anymore.

"I agree. You can't stand each other." I nodded.

"I'm gonna stand him as long as he follows the rules. We'll see who'll last longer." Min replied smirking evilly.


Eric's P.O.V.


We were on our way back to the dorm. I still couldn't stop laughing from what Changmin told us.

"I can't believe he made up rules for Junsu to follow." Yunho shook his head.

"Yeah, I know. Poor Junsu." I replied, but shut up when I saw a familiar figure approaching us. He spotted us and stopped for a moment, but then smiled and walked up to us.

"JaeJoong, hi!" I said cheerfully, trying to avoid an awkward situation, but I realized it was late for that.

"Eric, Yunho..." he nodded. "What's up? You were at Heechul's?" he asked. The café was called 'Artsy', but the whole college knew it as 'Heechul's'.

"Yeah." Yunho nodded. "Eric here is gay, that's new." He chuckled. JaeJoong widened his eyes, much like Changmin did. Thanks Yunho. Although I'll forgive you this time, I knew how hard it was to be around Jae, let alone talk to him.

"Eric?" Jae asked smirking lightly.

"Yeah, I kind of like this guy." I chuckled blushing.

"That's great! Welcome to the gay community." He smiled. "Okay, well, I'll catch up with you later." He added. "I have some stuff to do." I nodded and Jae started walking away from us.

"You go first." Yunho said quietly and I obeyed leaving for the dorm.


JaeJoong's P.O.V.


"Jae!" he called me and I stopped until he caught up with me.

"Yeah?" I asked glancing at him and continued to walk, but he stopped me, standing in front of me.

"I... it's awkward..." he said looking away from me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to run into you guys. I should be more careful." I said sighing. It hurt me, but it was the best for both of us. To just stay away from each other.

"No, I didn't mean it like that." He said. "I don't want us to hide from each other. It's awkward and painful... I don't want it to be like that."

"I need some time Yunho." I said looking into his eyes. "I can't just pretend like nothing happened."

"I know." He looked down.

"Listen... we'll be alright, just not now." I continued. "It would be better if we don't see each other as much as we can. If we really can't avoid it, then fine. I understand you, I know why we broke up, why it didn't work. I'll heal, I just can't do that over the night. Alright?"

"Alright." He nodded. I walked past him. "Jae..." he called again. "If you need me, I'll always be there for you." I gave him a small smile.

I know Yunho, I know.