Chapter 17

The Art Of Love []

Yoochun's P.O.V.


"Aaaah man..." JaeJoong woke me up. I sat up in my bed and looked at him.

"What?" I asked rather rudely and glanced at the watch. Noon? Already?

"Stupid head..." he continued shaking his head slightly, then bringing his hands to it, as another painful expression crossed his face.

"More like stupid drink. One word Jae - hangover." I replied getting up. There was no point in going back to sleep now. Might as well help the poor guy.

"I'm never gonna drink again." He whined loudly and I smirked as I entered the bathroom.

"Sure..." I muttered sarcastically as I closed the door and turned to pee. After I finished my business and washed my hands I looked at the mirror. Just as I thought, not a beautiful sight. Oh well... I took a shower, brushed my teeth and shaved. Finally ready.

"Seriously, this is absolutely ridiculous." Jae still whined when I walked to the closet and grabbed a pair of jeans and a clean t-shirt.

"I agree." I nodded. "You better get ready." I looked at him. "Or as ready as you can be." I added making a face. I never thought this guy could be a mess, but he looked like it now. "And then we'll go for some coffee. You desperately need one."

"I don't drink coffee."

"You do today."


Hyesung's P.O.V.


I woke up with a smile on my face. Inhaling deeply, I let the familiar smell fill my senses as I sighed contently and snuggled into Wannie's chest. He didn't let go of me, the whole night, just as I asked him to. That was Wannie. The only person I knew who would never let me down.

His arms were around me, giving me much needed comfort and warmth. And love. Although it wasn't the kind of love I wanted to receive from him I choose to ignore it. Just today. Heck, just this morning. Let me live in illusion.

I moved, hugging him tighter and slipping my leg in between his, trying to get closer to him. He moved slightly and kissed my forehead.

"What are you doing?" he asked me chuckling slightly. I looked up at him, blushing.

"Good morning." I said instead of a reply to his question.

"Good morning." He grinned back at me. "You didn't answer my question."

"I want to stay like this." I said simply.

"Okay." He shrugged

"Okay?" I repeated.

"You're weird."

"But we can still stay like this... for a bit?" I asked again. He nodded and I rested my head on his chest again.

"Wannie?" I called him after a couple of minutes.

"Yeah?"

"Do you remember how we used to sleepover at each other's houses?" I asked smiling.

"Of course." He replied, his tone getting a happier note. "You used to cling onto me. Wow, you haven't changed at all."

"Yeah, you never complained." I teased back, then looked at him. What if he really meant it? "Want me to stop clinging onto you?"

"What? Sungie, no!" he said quickly and tightened his arms around me. "You can't let go of me."

"Who's clinging onto who now?" I smirked. He smiled and I layed back down. "You know how we used to talk about everything, how we used to play games and not sleep at all..." I continued.

"Yeah..." he smiled again.

"That was the best part of my life. Those days and nights with you." I admitted. I never told him, but our childhood was the most precious thing I cherished deep inside of me. Not my childhood, but my childhood with Wannie. Only the days spent with him. Growing up. Everything. It scared me, but the happiest and the saddest moments, everything I went through - I shared them all with Dongwan.

He didn't say anything. I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep, knowing that he might have done the same. Fell asleep during my talking. But as I pressed my head to his chest I could hear it. His heart working in sync with mine. Don't be a fool Hyesung.


Minwoo's P.O.V.


I don't know what happened last night. Why couldn't I do anything? Jae was there, in my arms, waiting for me to do something. Or not. But how could I? One look at him made me melt and forget everything about who I was and what I wanted to do. Especially what kind of image I intended to keep. I couldn't do it. I simply couldn't.

I barely slept. What's the point Minwoo? Why are you doing this to yourself? You're not changing, you're still that old hot Lee Minwoo, the player, the heartbreaker. Nothing changed. You'll get JaeJoong. Okay, obviously not drunk. But that's even better, right? It will be all worth it. Once he becomes yours. He'll just beg for more. Just like the rest of them.

But... is he like the rest of them?


Yunho's P.O.V.


"...So, we danced a bit, then had a couple of drinks... you know, regular stuff." I continued my story. Junjin and I... well, we basically talked last night. Nothing happened. Not that I expected anything. But I wasn't happy. He kept looking around for someone and although he thinks he fooled me I know exactly who he was looking for. The one who interested him was eating his breakfast in front of me right now. Well, more like playing with it.

"Hyung?" I asked waving my hand in front of Eric.

"Huh?" he snapped out of it finally.

"You're not listening to me." I sighed.

"Sorry Yunho." He apologized and pushed his plate away from him.

"Are you sick?" I asked worriedly. He was refusing food and he didn't look that well.

"Well, I'm not feeling alright... but I'm okay." He said one of his famous riddle-sentences.

"Okaaay." I said slowly, raising my eyebrows slightly and waited for him to continue.

"I just didn't sleep well." I knew he's gonna continue. See how good I am? Well, duh, he's my best friend.

"Oh..." I nodded slowly this time. Receiving information bits by bits from Eric was the most torturing part of conversation with him. Something must be seriously wrong if he's taking all this time to talk. At times like this I miss his rambling. It's a lot better when he just spills it all at once. This way I have to play along, like I'm not interesting. Or act like I understand. Or both. Like in this case. That always does the trick. I know what you think. Eric is complicated.

"Yeah." Complicated indeed.

"Is something bothering you?" he didn't reply. "Wanna talk about it?"

"No."

"Okay." I nodded and started eating again. Five... four... three... two...

"Okay, okay, I'll tell you." He said rolling his eyes. I swallowed the smirk that threatened to appear on my lips and leaving my food, turned my attention to him again. "He doesn't like me."

"Who? Yoochun?" He nodded. "How do you know he doesn't like you? Did he tell you?"

"He doesn't have to tell me. I can tell."

"Maybe you misunderstood him."

"How could I misunderstand someone who refused to kiss me?" he asked, his voice full of hurt.

"You... you tried to kiss him?" I asked. I was shocked, normally, Eric didn't act so fast when it came to girls. Maybe this whole gay thing changed him more then we thought. He nodded looking down. "And what did he say?" I asked carefully. I was afraid Eric will break down... or something. This was all new to me, I didn't know what kind of reaction to expect from him.

"He said he couldn't." Eric continued. "At first he used me being Jae's boyfriend as an excuse. But since I..."

"Woah, wait! Jae's boyfriend?" I asked.

"Yeah, he actually thought I was you." He smirked. "It's a funny story."

"How could he think so?" I asked utterly confused. People mixed the two of us that easily? I don't think so.

"JaeJoong is his roommate... I assume Yoochun showed me to him, but since we're always together..."

"That is funny." I chuckled.

"I know." He smiled as well. Oh, you thought you're gonna get away with that?

"Okay, back to the story. You explained him you're not me... and?"

"Well, then... I don't know, he just said he couldn't do it and that's it." He finished, sighed and buried his head in his hands. "You know how much I like him."

"Yeah, I know. If I didn't know before I know now. I mean, you trying to kiss him so soon... it's not really something Eric I know would do." I said truthfully.

"You think I rushed it?" he asked. "I thought so too... Man, I can really be stupid sometimes."

"You're not stupid, I don't hang out with stupid people." I tried to cheer him up.

"Great, now I'm making you stupid too!" he rolled his eyes.

"What?" I made a face.

"Well, you are stupid for not knowing that your best friend is stupid when you're not hanging out with stupid people." he explained like I was a little kid who didn't get something that was the most normal thing possible.

"Thanks for calling me stupid, stupid." I replied rolling my eyes as well.

"You asked for it, stupid." He replied crossing his arms. I started laughing. He did too.

"We said stupid too many times. It doesn't even make sense anymore." He said after we calmed down.

"Yoochun's stupid." I concluded.

"Nah, I just rushed it... didn't pick the right time. You know..." he shrugged. But I could tell he was feeling better already.

"You're okay?"

"Yeah." He nodded. "I'll just... find a different way to approach him. Become friends, win his heart, become his prince..."

"Don't push it." I laughed. "Dork."

"Wait till he meets Marshy. He'll be head over heels in love with me!" he put his daydreaming look on.

"Yeah, sure. If Marshy doesn't win him over, nothing will." I nodded seriously.

"I know!" he replied and laughed. "Unless he doesn't like her."

"How is that even possible?" I continued, trying to stay serious. "I mean, it's Marshmallow, the queen of dogs."

"I know, but there is a possibility he won't like her." He said frowning again.

"Well, you don't need him then."

"But I do..." Oh man... here we go again.


Changmin's P.O.V.


I woke up first. Thank god. I looked over at Junsu's bed. The jerk was sleeping like a baby. Unwillingly, I got up, walked over to him and smiled, watching him for a moment... or more. When I finally realized what I was doing I ran to the bathroom and got ready as quickly as possible. In half an hour I already disappeared from the room.

I took a walk to Heechul's, thinking about last night. I went too far, I knew I did. But I won that battle in the end, so it was all good. If only it didn't have such an effect on me...

As I stepped into the café emptiness of the place surprised me, but then again, it wasn't that strange for 10 o'clock on a Sunday morning. Not to mention after a party as big as the last night one was. Actually, it was a bigger surprise that Heechul worked today. But I guess he expected me.

"Took you long enough." He said walking behind the bar and startling me slightly. "Did you get any sleep?"

"I did." I replied walking up to him.

"I'm surprised." He said, a small smirk appearing on his lips. "After last night..."

"Shut up and give me that coffee." I growled, but smiled nonetheless.

"Min, I thought that's why you came today. That's why I've been waiting for you." Heechul replied, pouring me my coffee.

"Thanks." I muttered, smelling it in satisfaction and then nodded. "I knew you will."

"If you're expecting money you'll have to try harder though."

"What? Why?" I whined. "I thought that was enough... everybody were there too. Plus, you saw everything."

"Did I?" Heechul asked thinking about it slightly. "It's still not enough. How can I be sure?"

"How can you?" I asked as well.

"Seeing is not enough, I have to hear it."

"You're kidding me." I shook my head. "Keep your money, I'm leaving." I stood up.

"You're backing out of it? But that means I won." Heechul called after me. "That's not something Shim Changmin would do."

"Changmin, don't give up. You can do it." Donghae called me as well. I turned around.

"I can. But what if I don't want to?"

"Come here." Donghae motioned for me to come back and I did. I sat down, taking a sip of my coffee again.

"You're afraid, aren't you?" Heechul smirked.

"No, I'm not." I lied. Of course I was afraid. I was taking a risk. I rarely did it like this.

"Heechul, stop." Donghae said to his boyfriend. They exchanged looks that could only mean 'he's lying, but let him be'. Besides, they wanted it. They didn't want me to admit it. Winning should be well-deserved. I didn't want to give it to them now.

"Come on, Min, it'll be fun." Donghae added. Heechul knew me too well and now he got his boyfriend into this whole thing. Two against one. Totally unfair, but does the trick.

I raised my eyebrow and smirked. It will be fun... of course.

"Wanna bet?"