Chapter 39

The Art Of Love []

JaeJoong's P.O.V.


I followed Yunho to Junjin's room, feeling this was a bad idea.

"I think it would be better if I just stayed home and you guys went out... you're a couple as it is and I'm like... a third wheel now." I chuckled.

"Jae, I wanted us to go out together. Besides, it's not like we're going on some kind of romantic dinner or cinema or... anything that goes under 'romance'." He laughed. "We're just going to a club, it's gonna be crowded and loud and we'll have fun. I wanted to spend some time with you and I don't want to spend that time without Junjin, so this is the best solution." He grinned, but somehow didn't sound convincing enough.

"Alright." I sighed, seeing it was pointless discussing it more.

We stood in front of Junjin's and Minwoo's room, when a really bad feeling washed over me. I pushed it away as Junjin opened the door and flashed that beautiful smile of his at us. I instantly smiled back, greeting him. He invited us in and I obediently followed Yunho once again, stepping into the room. I looked around, not finding Minwoo anywhere. It made me relax a bit, but at the same time I felt slightly disappointed. I liked him, I admitted it to myself and to others already. Well, okay, only to Hyesung, but that was something too.

As I took a moment to think about Minwoo - and I seemed to think about him a lot lately - Yunho and Junjin already started making out, making me feel slightly uncomfortable.

"I knew you're gonna be like this..." I decided to interrupt them, chuckling slightly and shaking my head.

"You're not a third wheel Jae." Yunho quickly said looking at me, while Jin smiled. Something was fishy there.

"Yeah, okay." I replied eyeing Junjin suspiciously. "Are we going?" I asked instead, moving to the door, ready to get out.

"So soon? And without me?" I winced at the voice and then turned around to look at him. Minwoo was standing at the bathroom door, giving me that teasing smirk of his. I quickly turned to Yunho.

"He's going with us?" I asked, somewhat annoyed. "I should've known you wouldn't drag me clubbing with you just like that."

"Jae..." Yunho said softly. "Come on, we're all friends here, we're just gonna have some fun tonight. Come on."

I scoffed, looking from Yunho and Junjin to Minwoo. I paused thinking about it. It's not gonna make any difference, it won't bother much, right? I sighed, shrugging in a 'why not?' way, then turned around and walked out of the door.


Junsu's P.O.V.


He came back pretty late. It wasn't that late, just... for Changmin it was. I tried to bring myself together, to just ignore it and get ready for another wild night. Another sick night when I had to leave him alone and try to bury my pain in booze and unknown girls. Tonight I couldn't. Because he wasn't there.

I started getting ready, thinking that he'll come back eventually and then I'll go out. I was in a bathroom when he finally entered the room and instantly went to bed. I walked out of the bathroom and glanced at him. Just a simply glance. Making sure nothing happened. He was alright.

"You're back." I said trying to hold back my worried state not so long ago. He didn't say anything. "I'm going." Still nothing. "Changmin?"

"I heard you." He said, pulling the duvet over his head. I gave a small nod, suppressing a sigh, grabbed my coat and walked out of the room.


Minwoo's P.O.V.


I walked next to JaeJoong, for the first time not knowing how exactly to start the conversation. I would glance at him from time to time, admiring his beauty and the fact that he was enveloped in color of night, his milky skin looking even more enchanting than usual.

Yunho and Junjin walked ahead of us, completely focused on each other, making me feel a bit jealous, a bit relieved and a bit anxious. It was like they were there, supporting me as much as distracting both Jae and me, flashing the fact that they were together and all over each other so openly. It surely just pointed out the fact that I wanted to be like that with Jae, that we were completely different from them and that we might never become like that. But I didn't want to think about that, I wanted to think optimistic. I will get Jae. Of course I will.

On the other hand, Yunho's and Junjin's presence was so... pointless. They were there physically, but they didn't pay attention to us one bit. I knew they cared about us, they cared a lot. Jae was Yunho's ex-boyfriend and best friend and Junjin was my best friend, the closest person I had in a while. They both loved us and wanted us to be together. It was a silent support I could feel in every look and every gesture. Maybe this was part of their plan. They knew they'll be so much into each other, it sounded perfect. Teasing Jaejoong and Minwoo, making out in front of them, maybe even making them uncomfortable. But at the same time turning them to each other, making them feel aware of each other. Oh but we were well aware of each other's presence. We truly felt like we were left alone.

We reached the club and I still didn't start the conversation. JaeJoong's words kept replaying in my head. He couldn't stand me. Okay, maybe I exaggerated, but it truly felt like it. I could expect nothing from him but harsh words, his voice cutting through my heart like a sharpest scalpel, so delicate, yet so painful.

Yunho and Junjin leaded us to one of the tables that were placed far away from the entrance, slightly in the back, facing the dance floor. Yunho slid in, Jin graciously followed him, landing practically on his lap. I decided to ignore them as I sat down next to Jae, trying to get closer to him, but careful not to look so obvious.

The waitress came and took our orders, then a couple of moments later brought our drinks. The place was already crowded, but the crowd had a soothing effect on me, making me relax slightly and go back into my playful mood. I had to keep fighting, I had to keep trying to break the wall Jae built up between us.

"You didn't want to go out with me tonight." I said quietly, leaning closer to JaeJoong, who took a sip of his drink.

"I didn't plan to." He replied nonchalantly, looking at his glass.

"What if you knew?" I asked. "Would you still come?"

"No." his reply came out so sternly, it startled me a bit.

"Then why did you?"


JaeJoong's P.O.V.


"What?" I looked at him. It seemed like I did it for the fist time that evening, since I was slightly dazed with the way he looked. All in black, a couple of buttons of his shirt ed, giving me a nice view of his upper chest. He gazed at me with those hypnotizing eyes of his, his scent teasing my nose and making my heart flutter slightly.

"You could've gone back to your room after you heard I'm going with you. Why didn't you?" he repeated the question. I blinked, he got me there. Really, why didn't I?

"Because... Yunho and Junjin asked me to go with them." I lied.

"Yeah, right." He smirked. "Well, if it makes you happier to lie to yourself..."

"I'm not lying."

"Just like they're so focused on you right now." He said sarcastically. I didn't even have to glance at the couple to know they were all over each other again. A small smile formed on my lips as I started to wonder why I even fought.

"I felt like going out, so..." I tried again.

"You're trying too hard." I looked at him in confusion again. "Why do you keep trying to find a reason for spending time with me?" I looked away, laughing uneasily and shaking my head.

"You keep believing in that." I replied, finishing my drink and standing up, then walking away from the table and to the dance floor. Lame attempt to get away from uncomfortable situation, from Minwoo. Deep down I wished for him to follow me.


Dongwan's P.O.V.


"Wannie?" Hyesung called me from his bed. I looked up from my notebook.

"Yeah?" I asked, now watching my best friend getting up and walking over to me.

"I'm bored." He pouted, standing behind me and putting his arms around my neck as he leaned down to rest his head on my shoulder.

"Sorry." I said turning my head a bit to look at him. "I have to finish this."

"It's okay." He smiled. "I don't know why I mentioned it. I just watched you write and..." he trailed off shrugging.

"And?" I repeated, curious to hear what he was thinking about.

"You looked cute." He said looking down at my notebook. I smiled. He looked so cute, all shy like that. He moved to sit down next to me, his arms still resting around my shoulders. I reached up to caress his arm and we just sat there like that.

"Wannie?" he interrupted the silence once again.

"Hmm?"

"I love you." His voice was so soft, so relaxed. I glanced at him to find out that he was on the verge of falling asleep.

"W-why?" I asked suddenly, surprising myself.

"No one loves me like you do." He whispered, dozing off. I smiled. I watched him and again, some time passed. Finally, I got up, gathering him in my arms and moved him to his bed. Pulling the duvet over him, I sat next to him, watching him sleep.

You have no idea how true those words are Sungie.


JaeJoong's P.O.V.


Minwoo didn't follow me. Minutes passed, songs passed and he still wasn't anywhere on the dance floor. I circled around. Dancing with random people. Most of them knew me, I didn't like to brag about it, but I was quite popular. I wasn't a player, known to be a good guy. Good, not naïve. Not easy to trick, not easy to play with. I was wanted. But I wasn't willing to give in. People knew it.

I liked to have fun, to go out and dance. Tease, play innocent, but y. I smirked as I saw a good looking guy eyeing me. We started dancing and maybe I got a bit too much into it. I grinded against him, he gripped my waist as I smiled, imagining it was Minwoo dancing with me. I moved even closer, putting my hand on the back of his neck as I moved my hips seductively.

"What are you doing?" I heard him. I smirked again, but then felt being pulled away from the guy I was dancing with and turned to face Minwoo. I put my arms around his neck, teasingly smirking at him and waiting for his next move. He didn't dance, he just stared at me.

"Come on, Minwoo..." I smiled, trying to dance. His grip was still strong and I've never seen Minwoo like this around me. It was a definite turn on. "You already pulled me away from that hot guy, you could at least dance with me now."

"You call that guy hot?" he smirked, looking away from me and hesitantly swaying in the rhythm of the music.

"Jealous?" I teased.

"Of course." He replied, startling me slightly. "You didn't expect me to deny it, did you?" he continued, slightly leaning closer to me. He knew I didn't know what to say, but his serious expression hasn't changed and it made me go serious as well. I certainly didn't expect this from him. Full of surprises, huh?

"Minwoo..." I swallowed as his face inched closer to mine.

"Now, Jae... you know how I feel about you." He whispered looking into my eyes. I shook my head quickly. "You still don't trust me?" I couldn't talk, I could just move. So, I held onto it and shook my head again. "When will you?"

"Never." I finally breathed out, but at the same moment he closed the distance between us, pressing our lips together.

Trust? Lee Minwoo, are you able to make me trust you? Am I able to trust you?

"Never say never." He pulled away just enough to say those words, accompanied with that famous smirk as he rested his forehead against mine. I scoffed, pulled him closer and kissed him again.

Am I giving in?