Chapter 23

The Art Of Love []

Yoochun's P.O.V.


"Minwoo!" I smiled walking into my room. He was sitting on my bed, while JaeJoong was in another part of the room, sitting across from him and not paying attention. Or pretending to read. Minwoo kept staring at him and looked away only to greet me back.

"Hey Chun." He smiled.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, putting my bag down and moving to the bathroom to wash my hands.

"I came to pick up those notes from earlier, you know." He replied. "Do you still need them?"

"Oh those. No, you can have them." I answered coming out of the bathroom and looking for them. "Here you go." I said handing him notes and he smiled.

"Great! Thanks." He replied standing up. "Well, I'll be going then." He said.

"Okay, bye Minu." I said walking him to the door.

"Bye Chun. Jae." He said casting one more look in Jae's direction. JaeJoong simply waved him and went back to his book.

I closed the door and turned to Jae.

"What was that all about?" I asked.

"What?"

"Don't play dumb with me. The guy was burning holes into you with his staring and you just sit there pretending like you're alone in the room." I said walking up to him.

"I wasn't pretending, I just decided not to pay attention to him." He replied not looking at me.

"Yeah, and you succeeded in it." I sarcastically said. "Look, you even managed to move onto page 2." I pointed at his book and laughed as Jae glared at me. "Come on, you really don't look like you're indifferent to Minwoo."

"You know Minwoo." He simply said.

"I do, but that doesn't mean you should act like he killed your whole family and you're his next target."

"I am his next target." JaeJoong exclaimed. "Or as he sais 'pray'."

"Just talk to the guy once in a while, okay?" I said. "It won't hurt you."

"Are you sure about that?"


Changmin's P.O.V.


"So... umm... are you coming for a break?" Junsu asked me not looking up from the sheet of music in his hand.

"What was that?" I asked back.

"You know... are you coming over to my place for winter break?" he repeated more clearly.

"Oh that..." I started smiling slightly. He still didn't look at me. "Of course."

"What? Really?" he asked looking up.

"Yeah, why are you so surprised?"

"You know you'll be staying with me?" I nodded. "In the same room."

"If you haven't noticed I've been staying in the same room with you for three months already." I replied glaring at him.

"But not in the same bed." He said under his breath and I widened my eyes.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing."

"Oh, you did say something. Something about me sleeping with you in the same bed." I said.

"You heard it wrong." He shrugged, nervously scribbling something. I waited. "Alright, yes. My gay@ss brother said you'll be staying in my room and my room has only one bed." I smirked. "There's nothing funny about it, you know."

"You want me."

"What?" he made a face. "You freak! No!"

"You'd do something for me not to sleep with you if you didn't want me." I said smiling.

"I tried... you... it's not like that... it's a long story."

"Make it short."

"Hyesung made me do it." He snapped.

"Yeah, sure, keep telling that to yourself." I smiled, going back to my book.

"Well... at least it's a king size bed." He sighed.

"Oh, it doesn't make much of difference. You wouldn't mind if it was a single bed either." I chuckled.

I know I wouldn't.


Yunho's P.O.V.


A couple of days passed after that fight with JunJin. He didn't show up the next day, just as I expected. He didn't show up that whole week. Weekend passed and I still haven't seen him or heard from him. As I thought about the whole thing one more time I sighed. Maybe I really was too harsh. I took a risk and lost it. Lost that little time I've been spending with JunJin. That sweet every day coffee time. That one hour of pleasant talk we shared. I wasn't aware of how much it truly meant to me. You never know until you lose it. How painfully true that was.

It was Monday. Another week started. Last week before winter break. Five more days and we're off. I'll see him again at Wannie's place. But how will he react, what will he do? Will he ignore me, like he did this past week? Was it a good idea to even go to Wannie's after all that happened?

I regretted it so much. I could've just kept my mouth shut. I should've... But I didn't. It was all over now.

I walked out of my last class, looking down. I had one hour of free time. An hour I usually spent with JunJin.

"You're not even gonna say 'hi' to me?" I looked up.

"Eric already left." I replied coldly. Again. What the hell was wrong with me?


JunJin's P.O.V.


I deserved it.

"I'm not here for Eric." I said in a small voice. "I hope you're up for a coffee." I added, more confidently. He looked at me, I could tell he was thinking if he should accept the offer or not. "I swear I won't mention him or ask about him." I added quickly. Just come with me... Please. "My treat Yunho."

"Alright." He finally gave in and we started walking to Heechul's.

I never knew how much my conversations with Yunho meant to me until I stopped having them. Every day was boring, it was annoyingly empty if I haven't talked to him. I realized that even just seeing him could make my day better. Because sometimes, we would stop talking and just sit in silence. Enjoying our coffee. Together. It was enough.

I had Minwoo, he was my best friend. But he couldn't replace Yunho. I didn't have anyone like Yunho in my life. It was a good thing. He was unique in my life and I knew I was unique in his. That made me so happy.

I didn't realize. I didn't know. Until his sudden outburst. Until I lost one thing that made my simple life special.

We sat down and ordered our coffee. As usual. Oh how I missed this.

"I missed you." I said honestly.

"I missed you too." He replied. That was enough.

We haven't spoken for the rest of the precious hour we had for each other. I was looking at him and he was looking at his coffee, then back at me. He was smiling.

It was the best spent hour I've ever had.


Minwoo's P.O.V.


I couldn't believe it. Alright, I could, I just didn't want to. Like I didn't want to hurt my best friend nor be the reason for him doing something irrational. But it looked like I couldn't avoid it. Lying to my best friend was completely unacceptable. And not telling him something as important as this was equal to lying.

"Hey Minu!" Jin greeted me happily as I entered our room.

"I have to tell you something." I said. Better sooner then later.

"What's wrong?" Junjin sat up quickly. "Did something happen?"

"I saw Eric..." I started nervously. "... in music department. He was standing next to one open classroom... watching Yoochun."


Hyesung's P.O.V.


I watched Dongwan pacing across our room and picking up random papers he needed. As always. I watched this scene to many times and I was already sick of it. I knew what this meant. Another practice, another long day without him, another evening turning into night that lead to me going to sleep before he returns.

I sighed as all unpleasant thoughts rushed into my head. Thoughts that started haunting me, doubts and fears. Lately I started to surprise myself. I discovered I wasn't as confident as I thought I was. I was so insecure, so fragile. I feared so much. All thoughts led to one: what if I lose him?

"Going again?" I forced a smile.

"You know it." He smiled back, completely clueless. It's better that way.

"Are you going to come back tonight?" I asked. "We can have dinner together. And we should pack, we're leaving early tomorrow." I added. Finally, winter break. I was waiting for it for so long. I couldn't wait. Will I have more of you then, Wannie?

"I know Sungie. But I can't tell anything about tonight, we'll see." He said sighing. "Don't wait for me."

I hated those words. You think I'm not waiting for you? Every time you come back and say 'sorry' to me I pretend to sleep, just to hear you came home, came back to me. I'll always wait for you, how can you even think otherwise?

However, I nodded. I smiled. I said 'bye' to him and walked him to the door. I started to do all those things automatically. After repeating some action for such a long time you get used to it so much, you don't even think about it anymore. You just do it.

I had other plans for me today.

Quickly, I got dressed and went out myself. I knew everything about places Dongwan was using for his working, studying, filming. I knew where he felt comfortable to practice. Those awful thoughts that were haunting me... I wanted to put an end to them.

I sneaked into drama department and looked around. Not a soul. Of course, no one but Kim Dongwan worked on the last day of school. Half of the campus already left home. Wannie has always been too stubborn to stop working and relax. Especially when he was working on something with such passion. I've never seen him like this. This film was too much.

I was looking inside of the classrooms, peeking in to make sure they're empty. And then I heard them. Wannie and Yunho. No Eric. The door wasn't completely closed and I looked inside, clearly seeing Yunho walking across the room with script in his hand. Then Wannie appeared and stood in front of him, saying something to him. I assumed he was explaining the scene or something, since he was pointing at something in the script. I couldn't hear them clearly and I didn't even bother.

I was a jerk. Doubting, fearing, thinking nonsense. I smiled and turned to go back to my room when I heard Yunho.

"Are you that blind? Huh?" I turned around, watching the two of them. "How can you not see all the things I've been doing these past couple of months? It has always been there, I just couldn't say it... scream it out loud for obvious reasons. Everything that went on in our lives... it was just too much. I had to swallow my feelings and pretend like nothing was going on. I had to forget about you. I was trying too hard, you have no idea. You just have no idea..." Yunho finished throwing the script and looking down. My mind couldn't function properly. What the hell?

"Did you make it?" Dongwan replied.

"What?" Yunho replied looking up.

"You were trying so hard. Did you make it? Did you forget about me?"

"I love you." I felt my heart stop. Dongwan looked like he was shocked. He didn't move and inch, until Yunho screamed at him. "I love you!"

And then a whisper.

"I love you too."

Everything else was a blur. I turned around and ran as fast as I could. I didn't look around, I didn't notice anything around me, I didn't notice my own tears falling freely as my chest ached and I was running out of my breath.

My world was crashing beneath my feet.