Chapter 44

The Art Of Love []

Eric's P.O.V.


I stared at the sun slowly setting in front of me. True, I wasn't feeling as down as I used to now already months ago, but still... I felt that longing I learned to know it's pointless to fight. I sighed once again as I, once again, realized I could only learn to live with it. It became normal - as much as it could be, but still it hurt. I began to wonder if it'll ever heal completely. Even though I was doing my best not to meet him, not to see him, it still didn't help me to forget him. I just couldn't.

He was like the sun. Like sun would set down every day, disappear to generously give its place to the night, he disappeared to be replaced with this temporary darkness. But in the end the sun would rise again. Each and every day. Just like that... he would resurface in my mind, in my heart over and over again. I couldn't get over him. My life just couldn't go on without him.

So now, looking at that same sun I accustomed myself to compare him with, made me feel the same emptiness again. I was a part of a completely pointless circle. I made it myself and no matter how much I wanted to break free from going along that path of pointless one-sided love, which was also absolutely disastrous for myself - the mere fact that I was very well aware of that and I could do nothing about it was just bringing me more pain. It just wasn't helping at all. But then again, I didn't need help. I refused help.

I came to realization. I'm some kind of sick masochist who's just lying to himself and simply doesn't want to admit it. I'm drowning in my own fantasy, my own world - but the funny thing is that I'm not sure if I like it. Maybe I am. Maybe it's something that in some weird way makes me feel comfortable. Not that I like him not loving me, of course not. I just love him too much to let myself let go. Even the mere thinking of him, even just wanting him, that longing I don't even fight... it's better then... anything else.

I am pathetic. But who made that be a bad thing? I would be stupid to say I'm proud of it. But... all I did was fall in love. And I refuse to fall out of it. To even try.

However, days like this... they make me wonder. Is it enough? No. Will it be enough?


Yoochun's P.O.V.


I stood there watching him for a long moment before I finally decided to approach him. I was right behind him when I heard him say something.

"Yoochun."

I blinked, biting my lips slightly and then taking another step to stand next to him. I was slightly surprised he hadn't noticed me yet and it only gave me a moment to look at his beautiful face, which I was grateful for. He turned to face me finally, surprised to see me, but didn't say anything. Looking at him gave me the weird feeling that he doesn't believe I'm there, beside him. He stared at me for a brief moment before he returned to his previous position, watching the sun.

"It's been a while." I said quietly, surprising myself with the ability to talk. Since he didn't say anything I dared to continue. "I-I've been waiting for you." I could see him being surprised again, but he was trying not to show it. "I missed you." I breathed out finally, looking into his eyes as he looked back at me at those words.

I couldn't read what he was thinking and that only made me lose that little self-confidence I got with him whispering my name. Maybe I went too far, maybe he didn't look at me the same way he used to. Doubts filled my mind in those couple of seconds, urging me to turn around and leave again. But a big part of me just couldn't let myself do it. I couldn't take it anymore, it was enough. The heartache, the thinking, the unhappiness and most of all - the doubts. I wasn't sure what's ahead of me, I felt so insecure because of that, when everything I wanted was Eric and Eric alone.

I took a small step back, but Eric's hand on mine quickly stopped me.

"You missed me?" Eric asked and if his facial expression wasn't able to give him out his voice was. And it made my heart flutter. I gave a small nod, swallowing slightly to be able to speak again.

"Why did you stop?" I managed to ask, not being able to finish what and wondering if he'll catch up with my thoughts.

"What? Chasing you?" he asked, obviously frowning slightly as if he was ashamed of it.

"No. Watching me." I said, gathering courage all over again. "You used to come every day. I used to wait."

"So that's all this is about? You feel weird that no one is stalking you... that's actually ironic. Is that all it is?" he spat. I've never seen him like that, have I hurt him this much?

"No." I quickly shook my head. "No, I missed you." I almost cried out, then realizing I raised my voice I looked away, taking another step back. "I'm still waiting."


Eric's P.O.V.


I watched him with wide eyes. I didn't even know he was aware of me watching him, let alone that he waited and especially, that he'll say something like this. Could it be that I'm not dreaming and he's saying what only Yoochun from my dreams would? My mind fought with my heart, telling that I shouldn't hope, but that's just not the way it works. The way I work.

"What?" I whispered rudely, still staring at him.

"I'm waiting... I'm playing and writing and just sitting there, but I don't know what's the point anymore." He shook his head, refusing to look at me. "You left me Eric. When everything was solved I was a fool for believing you'll come back. You just left this... emptiness behind you. I can't do anything... I lost myself. A part of me died." He said the last few words so softly I barely heard them.

"Yoochun." I replied softly, my heart beating fast as I couldn't calm myself down. Everything he said was just too much. And I let the words hang in between us, afraid to ruin everything even with uneven breathing. His eyes met mine again and even before he opened his mouth I knew.

"I love you." I kissed him. Feel me Yoochun, feel everything. And I felt it too. And I smiled at the wet traces of our mutual happiness. And I brought him closer.

"I love you too." He smiled at the confirmation, at the words he waited to hear, much like I did. And he kissed me again. Over and over again.


Hyesung's P.O.V.


I walked into my room, put my things down and managed to fall on my bed before the door opened and Junsu walked in.

"Hey. What's up?" I watched him sit on Dongwan's bed.

"Where's Wan?" he asked in reply while I sat up.

"You know he's busy these days... well, he always is." I fought the urge to sigh at the fact that I rarely got to see my best friend. It just reminded me of the time before New Year, but I didn't let myself get depressed because of it. He was trying to spend more time with me... and it wasn't like I didn't have work to do myself either.

"How are you?" Junsu asked next, waking me up from my thoughts.

"I'm fine." I shrugged. My life was... well, boring. Nothing was happening, I was busy with college work and occasionally got to chat with my friends, but that was it. "You? You seem to be... out of it lately." I asked back, trying to approach the matter as subtly as possible.

I knew something seriously was wrong. And I knew it included Changmin. Ever since after the Christmas holidays Junsu's been drifting away from all of us. I knew Wannie was worried, but he didn't really think about it. I didn't even know if he had a chance to talk to Junsu about it, but I doubted it.

"Nah, I'm fine..." he obviously lied and I sighed, getting up. "Want something to eat? Umma sent me amazing cookies." I grinned, walking over to my stack of sweets. Umma always sent extra more for Wannie and Junsu, knowing how much my best friends adored them. But Junsu wasn't half as eager to try them as he usually would be.

"Come on, take some..." I said, slightly pushing him with the box full of cookies as I took a seat next to him.

"Are you trying to bribe me into talking?" he smirked, glancing at me.

"Of course, what else?" I replied, smiling broadly and taking a cookie and finally sticking it into Junsu's mouth. "Come on, eat. And then you'll tell me everything that's bothering you." I winked at him, smiling warmly and watched him taking a bite of that cookie, then smiling at me.

"I want you to be my brother-in-law." He said like a little kid and I laughed, partly for finding it so adorable and partly in an attempt to hide both my embarrassement and doubt. I doubted that will ever happen. After everything that happened... well, more like didn't happen between Wannie and me... I lost my hope and, along with it, my courage.

"What is going on with you guys?" Junsu continued and I shook my head.

"I don't get you. Nothing's going on." I replied, taking a cookie myself and trying to busy myself with eating it. Junsu sighed, taking another bite too and continuing watching me.

"You guys... you're either slow, either playing stupid..." he said after a moment, shaking his head.


Junsu's P.O.V.


As soon as those words left my mouth I realized what I said and froze. Those words... I remember them clearly, coming out of Changmin's mouth that first day of us being roommates. I swallowed, closing my eyes and fighting not to break down.

"Su?" I heard Sungie calling me. "Are you alright?"

"Changmin..." I couldn't say anything else as I kept my eyes closed. "I'm going crazy... god..." I almost sobbed, shaking my head and leaning forward to rest my head in my hands.

"Why Junsu? What's going on with you and Changmin?" Hyesung asked more, worriedly looking at me as I looked back at him. I slowly exhaled, knowing I couldn't keep it inside of me anymore. I needed to tell someone. Desperately.


Minwoo's P.O.V.


I stood next to the bar, ordering my drink and looking over at the dance floor. It was so crowded, but it was Saturday, so you could expect it. I spotted a lot of familiar people, including Yunho and Junjin , but most of them had some private parties going on... including Yunho and Junjin. Sometimes I wonder if they're doing it in front of me on purpose, trying to make me feel jealous and desperate and expecting something more of me. Something along the lines of 'attacking and ravishing Jaejoong' I suppose. God knows I wouldn't mind. We already concluded I became ually frustrated, right?

I sighed, my own thoughts bringing a slight pout on my lips as I took a sip of my drink and turned back around to watch the people dance. As I did so I spotted a very well known face. Jaejoong was dancing rather seductively, grinding against some guy so hotly I felt sick just by watching it. I immediately stood up, not being able to control myself. Why would I control myself anyway, that was my boyfriend that idiot was molesting. Alright, maybe we weren't exactly a couple after our last conversation... Oh, who am I kidding, we never were a couple. And Jaejoong doesn't really look like he's being molested. But who cares? I can't stand watching this, I can't stand anyone else touching him like that, looking at him like that.

I rushed over and pushed the guy away from my Jae. Jaejoong looked at me, raising his eyebrow slightly and stopping dancing, while the other guy moved back closer to glare at me.

"Yah! I was dancing..." he started, but I cut him off.

"Back off." I replied calmly, standing in front of Jaejoong protectively. I wasn't even aware of this side of me.

"What's your problem, jerk?" he asked, raising his voice and I smirked.

"You. Drooling all over my boyfriend." I watched him look from me to Jaejoong, as if asking if it was true. But my smirk didn't get the chance to last for long, since Jaejoong's cold voice wiped it off.

"I'm not your boyfriend."