Chapter 1

The Art Of Love []

Minwoo's P.O.V.


"Let's break up." I said looking into his eyes. I was hoping he's gonna start crying.


Yunho's P.O.V.


"We're over." I said sighing and not daring to move, waiting for his reaction.


Minwoo's P.O.V.


He doesn't speak nor give any sign that he heard me. He's trying to control himself. It was always hard for him to do so, he was always the one with feelings always out, in the open, never afraid to show both happiness and misery. He was never afraid to cry.


Yunho's P.O.V.


I wish for him to hit me, to do something, anything. But he's as calm as ever. I refuse to believe that he doesn't care, I know him well. This relationship meant something to him. It can't be that after all this time we don't know each other. Are we complete strangers? Or am I making us like that? I don't want to believe that, it can't be... But why doesn't he say anything?


Minwoo's P.O.V.


I shift uncomfortably and then look back into his eyes. There is something there, my way out, his forbidden weakness. Tears.


Yunho's P.O.V.


"Why?" he speaks finally. He's so calm, it scares me. I swallow slowly, hesitating, not really knowing how to answer.

"It just... it doesn't work anymore." I breathe out looking away.

"I see." He says in a small voice and gives a little nod. "I know there is no one else." He adds. I look at him. "I know Yunho. You might be a player, but you don't cheat."

I don't know why he's saying that to me, but I feel easier for some reason. That's just like him, being reasonable and not letting his true feelings come out while he's stating the facts. Observing his surroundings and giving his opinion, putting everything in its place, not giving anything to it nor taking from it. He won't try to find excuses, even if it'd make him feel better.


Minwoo's P.O.V.


"Is there someone else?" he asks finally, swallowing hard and trying to make those tears go away. I look at him sadly. I don't pity him, I just feel bad and well, dirty. And I don't answer. "There is then." He says more to himself then to me. "I knew it." He adds, but it's not accusing, it's a simple statement, almost understanding.

"I'm sorry." I say the only possible thing I think there is to say. He lets out a small scoff and looks straight at me, almost daringly. I look away. I'm not sorry. He'll be better without me, I don't love him, I don't even care about him. I'm just an insensitive bastard. Who found his next victim. It's time to get rid of the previous, right?

He knows it, but he doesn't say anything. Why can't those tears just fall out, it would make me feel better. He'd let out some kind of emotion. This doesn't look anything like him. But since when do I care?


Yunho's P.O.V.


Living in lie is not a life he would say. He's honest to himself and to me and I feel... weird. Both easier and miserable. He understands, that's a relief, but he also doesn't judge me, he's not mad, he's just... still amazing. Making me feel awful for leaving him.

But there is nothing between us. I don't feel anything. I became like him, I'm observing him. And I realized I should just be myself. With him I can't do that. Losing myself is the worst thing that can happen to me. His words, again.


JaeJoong's P.O.V.


He doesn't say he's sorry and I'm happy. As happy as I can be, that is. Those words would just hurt us both. We don't need lies.

He's leaving me and that's it. I'm not going after him, I'll never do that. No matter how much it hurts I'm not showing it. It'll hurt both of us.

There is a silent agreement between us, we understand each other at that moment. It doesn't work, we're moving on. There is nothing more to talk about. I watch him go away from me, soon I'll turn around and go in the opposite direction.

I hope you'll be happy Yunho. I hope I will be too.


Hyesung's P.O.V.


He knows he just hurt me and I know he doesn't give a damn. I'm a fool, that's something we both know. He chooses to leave me, I'm not interesting anymore. I choose not to give him satisfaction of watching me cry.

I look at him one last time although I'm sick of the sight of him lying to me. He did it again. This will be your last time. Without a word I walk away from him.

I hope you'll get what you want Minwoo. I know I will.


Eric's P.O.V.


I hurriedly dragged my suitcase as I stepped into the dorm. Crowd greeted me, as usual and I laughed as my mood suddenly jumped higher on the scale of hyperness. That's nothing new, I'm pretty much bipolar. Yeah, right. Ladies and gentleman, you're looking at Mr. Cheerful. You can leave all your worries and turn to me, life will become a happy place. Or is it world? Great, rambling again, what's next, talking to myself? Yeah, you guessed right. Don't worry about that either, you'll get used to it.

Where was I? Oh yeah... God I can't believe I'm this late. I wanted to come before my roommate for once. Whoever he is. I can't believe this is happening every year. It wasn't even my fault this time.

I finally found my new room and opened it.

"Hello?" I called, but the place seemed as empty as it was before we went to summer holidays. I'm guessing of course, this wasn't my previous room, afterall. "Weird... I'm first." I said quietly and then realized it. "I'm first! Eric Moon first for the first time!" I yelled jumping up and down. Mood is dangerously reaching peak of the scale of hyperness, but who cares? This rules! Wait... does that mean I'm changing? But I don't want to change... Oh man.

"Why did you stop?" a voice asked behind me and I quickly turned around. "It sounded like a good enough reason to continue that small celebration of yours." He chuckled as I rushed over to him to hug him.

"Yunho!"


Yunho's P.O.V.


I managed to let out a small laugh before Eric gave me one of his famous, suffocating hugs.

"Eric... can't... breathe..." I gasped and he quickly released me.

"Oh man, I can't believe we're roommates!" He squeeled. Yes, squeeled - you know, one of those sounds high school fangirls would let out. "This is gonna be the best year ever!"

"High level of hyperness there hyung." I said, using one of his famous and favorite words and chuckling again. Sometimes I can't believe he's older then me.

"Of course, man, I'm so happy!" he said jumping around.

"Yeah, I noticed." I nodded. "But how come you're so late? Again." I asked. It was pretty normal for him not to come anywhere on time, but it was always interesting to hear the reason for it. Eric's life was everything but ordinary, Eric himself was everything but ordinary.

"Oh that... I almost forgot. My parents, of course, didn't want to take responsibility for my poor Marshmallow and I couldn't leave her just like that." He said. I was suppressing laughter, while trying to nod understandingly. I mean, who calls their big dog Marshmallow? "So, I had to run to my cousin's place and since she, of course, wasn't at home and of course, turned off her cell phone..." Of course. "My poor Marshmallow and I had to wait in front of her house for hours. I'm lucky I managed to get here today. I swear, when my cousin goes shopping..." he trailed off. There is nothing poor about a dog which practically lives like a king. Sorry, a queen. Eric treats her like a baby, I'm surprised he managed to let go of her once again.

"Well, as long as Marshy will be okay." I said smiling and patting his back as I took my suitcase and placed it near the closet.

"Yeah, she loves it there." He said cheerfully and jumped on one of the beds. From now on, his, of course. "So, what's up with you? Anything interesting happened in past couple of weeks?" he asked. Yeah, we haven't seen each other in a while, although he was my best friend. Just with the whole thing going on with JaeJoong and me going to see my parents... I didn't have time for Eric.

"No, nothing special." I shrugged. "You know, I went to see my folks, they're doing fine, everything's the same at home. I actually spent a lot of time reading and thinking, you know..." I said.

"Uh oh, that doesn't sound good." He replied. "I mean, I bet you came to some philosophical conclusion that makes sense only to you."

"Actually, I did come to a conclusion, but it didn't make sense only to me." I said sitting down as well. "I broke up with Jae."

"What?" he asked widening his eyes. "But... but... you were such a great couple!" he said.

"Key word: were." I replied. "I don't know... that relationship just began to suffocate me I guess."


Eric's P.O.V.


"I just didn't notice that I kind of lost myself in the process you know?" he continued. "It was always JaeJoong, what he thought, what he wanted. It wasn't that he wanted it to be like that, our relationship. It just happened. I just realized I began turning into him, thinking like him, while at the same time that desire that existed in the beginning just disappeared. And it didn't grow into love."

"Oh..." I said and nodded. We haven't really talked about his relationship with JaeJoong much. At least not like this, so it kind of surprised me to hear these things. "Okay, well, then, I guess it's better you ended it now."

"Yeah." He nodded too.

"Besides, JaeJoong is such a hot young man, he should find someone better." I nodded again, changing the mood as always. I smirked watching Yunho's reaction.

"Someone like you?" he raised an eyebrow, but smiled anyway. He knew me too well - big teaser, Eric Moon's second name. "But Eric, dear, I thought you weren't gay." He added smiling knowingly.

"I'm not, I'm just saying..." I replied.

"Uh huh." He nodded. "You're surrounded with gays Eric, like... I think all your friends are into same . When are you going to give in?" I didn't know if he was serious, but what he said was true.

"Never. Hanging out with gay people doesn't make me homoual." I said seriously.

"Geez hyung, I was kidding." He chuckled, but looked at me weirdly nonetheless.

"I knew that..." I said and let out a fake chuckle, before I got up and started digging through my stuff.

Right... it was a joke. Nice move, Eric, nice move.


Dongwan's P.O.V.


I was halfway through unpacking when a knock on the door interrupted me. I quickly went over to the door and opened it widely.

"Waiting for me?" he asked as a big smile appeared on my face.


Hyseung's P.O.V.


He grinned and pulled me into a hug, causing me to drop my bags.

"You missed me that much?" I chuckled. "But we saw each other like... last Friday."

He pulled away and blushed chuckling slightly in embarrassment. Cutie Wan.

"Oh... it feels like more time passed." He said grabbing my bags and walking back into the room. "How did you know this was my room also?" he asked.

"I ran into Junsu." I replied. "That boy is on something. He was like running around the dorms like he sees them for the first time. He looked totally lost. He didn't even notice me at first, it took me like ten minutes to get him to answer me." I said shaking my head.

"Don't mind him, he's on lack-of-shopping-and-things-to-wear fever. He's furious since yesterday. And he didn't even notice that I umm... borrowed one of his shirts yet." He chuckled. "Not to mention that the fact that he had million bags to carry with him wasn't helping. Of course, I wasn't helping. And umma didn't allow appa to help him carry them either, she kept talking about something like 'he should be a man and learn how to take care of himself...' and there was also famous 'you're not a girl, what do you need so many clothes for?' speech. So yeah... Little Junsu is a bit pi$$ed off."

"I get it now." I laughed opening one of my bags and pulling clothes out of it. We remained silent for a couple of minutes. I went back to the thoughts of my recent break up. I couldn't believe my mind kept flying over to Minwoo. That jerk.

"So what's up?" Dongwan asked one question I was trying to avoid and knew it was pointless. I had to tell him, sooner or later. He was my best friend, we never had secrets. The only person I could trust.

But now, when the time of telling him actually came, I couldn't do it. More like I didn't have time to do it.


Dongwan's P.O.V.


He started crying. Just like that. What have I done? What have I said?

"Hyesung?" I asked softly as I quickly walked over to him and hugged him. "What's wrong? What happened?" I asked panicking already.

"Wan... He... he... broke up with me." He cried and I pulled him even closer as he hugged me back. Hearing him cry hurt me so much, I just wanted him to stop. I wanted to stop his pain and kill that bastard for hurting him in the first place. My Hyesung...


Junsu's P.O.V.


"Stupid..." I muttered not really knowing what was I referring to - my bags, my brother, my parents, me? No, not me, never me. These bags were just killing me and no one offered to help. I mean, what did I expect? Every year is the same here... except maybe, just maybe, I expected my brother to remember his unconditional love for me and help me out a bit.

I finally reached my room, opened it and managed to pull my bags in with me. As I finally dropped all of them I looked around, noticing a couple of bags. Great! I bet my roommate already took a lot of space in our closets.

Just as I was looking around thinking what to do with all the stuff I had the door opened. I looked at my new roommate and my jaw dropped. His expression was the same.

"You!" we said at the same time, pointing at each other.