It will never stop pt. 1

Forget Our Memories

006.1:  It will never stop

 

-- Hae Jin --

 

“You’re one brave woman” he told me.

 

I could only give him a smile and nodded in acknowledgement. It was 4 in the morning and I was in a hospital, not far away from where my friend, Carol and I were living. I already sent a text to my best friend and informed her about my… situation.

 

I’m hoping she won’t go hysterical once she sees me.

 

“Doing something that rash, I must say you and that guy are sure lucky to only have these minor injuries” The doctor continued to tend over the gash I have on my leg. I had a few scratches on my arm but they were not as bad as the leg wound.

 

This doctor was young, in his middle or late-twenties perhaps.

 

“You know, no woman in the right mind will save a man from a speeding car.”

 

I ignored his side comments about recent bravery or according to this doctor, a foolish bravery.

 

“By the way, Why are you alone? He should have at least taken you himself as gratitude for saving his life.”

 

“I insisted on going alone”

 

“So… in short you let him go home just like that?”

 

I nodded.

 

“Did you like the guy?” For a doctor, he was getting a little personal than I wanted him to.

 

He got my attention there.

 

His observant eyes flickered and stared directly onto my eyes, clearly not expecting a verbal answer. A smile curved up on his lips and directed his attention back to my leg wound. I guess he got his answer; an answer I knew too well.

 

Of course I was in love with the guy. We were together for about a year. We broke up. He now thought I was dead but still my feelings haven’t changed.

 

I hope Minho’s doing okay.

 

“For a doctor, you’re a nosy one”

 

He laughed. “A lot of people have told me that” he continued tending on my wound. Key and the manager helped stop the bleeding but it wasn’t enough to completely stop it. The doctor in front me had to do a lot more to control the bleeding.

 

No stitches were needed, thanks to my great relief. I wasn’t a great fan of blood or anything close to it.

 

“I have a feeling that you’ll see this guy more often than you would like in the future” He was now bandaging my leg.

 

“Oh my God! Honey are you alright?” Carol barged in inside without warning.

 

A bone-crushing hug came my way, clearly suffocating me.

 

“I believe that’s your friend, so I’ll be taking my leave. Don’t forget to follow the prescription for the wound to heal. We don’t want that to turn into a scar” He said before leaving me alone with Carol, who was now inspecting me from head to toe, looking for any missing limbs.

 

“As you can see, I’m fine.” This was the nth time I convinced her that I’m really okay. She didn’t even believe me one bit.

 

I sighed and gave up.

 

She brought me clothes to change and took care of me like a little child. Carol’s the closest thing I have as a family ever since. That’s why despite her episodes, I love her to bits.

 

Once I was ready, my best friend helped me walk to settle the bill.

 

“uhm… Ms. Lee the bill has already been paid.”

 

“Huh? But I didn’t. Maybe you got the name wrong. Could you please check it again.” The nurse nodded. “Lee Haejin” I said as she typed.

 

The same result. “Ma’am it’s correct. Your bill has been paid.”

 

“How is it possible.”

 

“Well…. I’m not supposed to say this but” The same nurse looked around first before whispering to us. “The man called and inquired regarding a woman who came here with a leg injury because of a vehicular accident. You’re the only one who had a leg injury due to an accident. He asked for your name and told me that he would pay for the bill. He instructed me to keep it a secret but you know how nurses are…” She gave us a sheepish smile.

 

The only man who could know what happened to me was no other than the man who had given me a business card, a few hours ago. SHINee’s manager probably have been instructed to do so, in order to avoid any future problems.

 

“Thank You” We left the counter and went out of the hospital. Carol didn’t speak for a minute confused on why I just let go of the issue on the mysterious guy who paid my bills. She knew how I am. Normally, it will take me awhile before I let go of an issue of that sort unless I know something about it.

 

We were waiting outside for a cab although our house wasn’t far. My injury had refrained me from walking even with the small distance.

 

“That’s it?!” She looked at me with an expression to tell her what I know. From all the years we’ve known each other, she’s fully aware that I know something in which right now she’s demanding me to spill it. Sadly, I understand the confidentiality of such circumstances and I must abide to it.

 

“Yeah” I left it as simple as that. She too let the subject go and we went home quietly.

 

She wanted to prod over what happened for a little longer but soon after gave up. 

 

Because of what happened to me, Brian, my boss, was kind enough to let me do something that would not require moving too much. Until my leg’s healed, I was stuck in the boss’ office doing somewhat I would never thought I would be doing; accounting all bills. Of all things he could ask me to do, he picked the work I have least enthusiasm in doing. Math has never been my thing even though all I have to do is punched them on a calculator and re-check. For the entire duration of my recuperation, I stuck calculating. Carol was kind enough to sympathize while my other co-workers… they just laughed about my aversion towards accounting.

 

It took about a week for the leg to heal. The new skin was still far from what it used to be, but the leg no longer hurts when I move. And because of that, my boss gave me back my job; bartending.

 

It was a rare occasion for me to be happy this much about bartending this long. Usually, I would whine after a few hours of nonstop serving. Blame it on the long hours on a desk filled with nothing but numbers and bills. Remembering that horrendous boring job just made me look at my job more worthwhile.

 

“Tired already?” Soohyun, the one who I replaced during that ill-fated night, teased me.

 

“Nope! I just remembered that horrible desk” I answered truthfully.

 

Those who heard my answer snickered and resumed to their work. Now, I understand why no one wants to be sick or injured.

 

“It’s a good thing you’re back now” Carol patted me on the shoulder.

 

“Yeah… It’s good to be back.”

 

That night, the club was running smoothly except for a few unruly customers that our security was able to handle easily.

 

Sometime that week, I was granted another break together with my best friend, Carol. I woke up a bit earlier than her. When I got up, she was still bundled in her blanket hugging a large pillow and drooling on it. Her bed was placed opposite of my bed and her side was filled with posters of her so-called beastly hubbies. She liked them all but she has a favourite; the foreign looking one. Khun is his name, I think. Her sleeping position was totally unlady-like, but somehow she can still count as cute.

 

I stretched as I went inside the bathroom to brush my teeth and prepared our breakfast after. I prepared a cup of coffee for me and a freshly squeezed lemon juice for my sleeping friend. There was still bread left from the previous day and I brought them out and reheated them on the microwave. Lucky enough, they didn’t harden like a rock.

 

Before I ate my breakfast, I remembered Carol telling me last night to get the mail in which I didn’t do because I was too tired like her. I stepped away from the kitchen with the cup of coffee in my hand and went to get our mail. Usually, our mail contains parcels of cosmetics and a few bills to be paid.

 

I checked the mail specifically for bills. Every week our boss, Brian, gives us at least one or two days of rest day that everyone at the club are grateful for. And today, was a Monday which only means that Carol and I have our day off. I’m lucky that my boss is very kind to have my rest days are the same with my best friend.

 

As I was screening through the mail, I saw a letter addressed to me. My eyes scanned for the sender of the mail which made me drop the mug filled with hot tea. My eyes almost seared towards the name of the sender or rather the name of the company.

 

JYP ENTERTAINMENT

120px-JYP_Entertainment_Logo.jpg

"CAROL!!!”

 

I was greeted by her new awaken self.

 

“ What is it? ” She asked me groggily. Her hair was going in all different directions which was a rare sight even for me.

 

“This!” I almost shove the letter to her face.

 

Carol who had just woken up was a little unfocused than usual. It took a few moments to register what was in front of her face.

 

She took the unopened letter out of my tight grasp and opened it.

 

As she read the contents, I saw how her face change expression. From confusion to shock, then disbelief and then to a smile and excitement.

 

She read the letter more than twice as if she didn’t believe what it says. And right now, I was still clueless of what the letter was about.

 

I didn’t bother to read the letter because of its affiliation to the entertainment industry. I have an allergic reaction to entertainment companies if anyone know what that means.

 

“Speak!” I grabbed her face and stared hard. I was losing my patience.

 

That was when she got off from the trance she was in.

 

“Haejin…” her voice called my name gently, as if she had done a terrible deed. Even for one moment, I didn’t like the sound of it.

 

“What?!” I raised a brow at her.

 

She then attacked me with a hug. Her arms squeezed my body tighter as she squealed. “ You’re so lucky!”

 

I gasped trying to catch my breath and squirmed from her embrace. “Better spill everything about what that letter meant”

 

“Well you see…” Her eyes played with guilt like of a child and told everything all in one go. “Remember-the-dance-routines-you-record-once-in-a-while,-I-stole-one-of-them-and-sent-it-to-JYP-for-a-job”

 

A job? I already have a job! “What job?!”

 

“Isn’t it obvious? A dancer!” My friend Carol, then released me from her embrace and made herself comfortable on the seat in our living room. I followed her and looked at her in disbelief.

 

Not once, did she not surprised me in so many ways.

 

“You know I’m not that good” I pathetically reasoned out. I was convinced that no one in their right mind would acknowledge me for dancing. Never did I think that someone as BIG as an ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY would employ me!

 

Dancing was only a hobby, which I do, to remember the younger days. I was a trainee before, and dancing is part of the rigorous curriculum every idol must undergo. Unfortunately, I was not a gifted dancer. Taemin, among the others secretly taught me. From then on, I had improved but in my opinion it’s not enough to get any attention.

 

I shook my head in constant denial that this was impossible. “Come on! I know well that you are. Even JYP recognizes that talent of yours!”

 

“This is just so sudden! I have work!” 

 

“Yes I know that! We have the same job. But this is a great opportunity for you. You don’t expect that you would be bartending your whole life!”

 

“Please say yes…” Carol held my hand, pleading.

 

“NO” my voice was firm.

 

“You’ll see Wonder girls”

 

“N.O.” I formed my arms with an x.

 

“MISS A”

 

No girl group would tempt me.

 

“2PM” She tried to convince me with her BEAST IDOL.

 

I sighed and looked at her. Idols are not enough to tempt in joining an industry that has scarred a part of my heart. “I have my reasons Carol.”

 

Carol wouldn’t take no for an answer and childishly used her so-called imaginary hubby, “Just please say yes to my hubby, NICHKHUN”

 

“Please tell me.” I took a breath. “Why are you doing this to me Carol?”

 

My best friend’s expression changed from the childish expression she had awhile ago to a serious one that I had never seen before. “I just can’t let your talent go to waste. If I was as talented as you, I would have pursued ”

 

We have been friends for 5 years, but this was the first time I have seen a serious look on her face. She was older than me but had always been happy-go-lucky around me. Never had she failed to be a friend to me, even when I didn’t like her to interfere with my issues.

 

I think this issue with my future doesn’t involve only me but her as well.

 

“Tell me something, Carol. If you’re not working as a bartender, what profession would you have chosen?” It was a thought came pass on my mind.

 

A playful smile came across her face. “Profession, you say?” She laid her head back on the couch and repeatedly touched her upper lip, thinking. “Probably… a make-up artist. Though, I’m not sure if that’s even a good alternative for my job.”

     

We both sat there quietly for a minute before I broke the silence over us.“Then let’s have a deal.” I turned my head towards her before continuing, “If you get a job as a make-up artist in JYP, I’ll agree to be a dancer”

 

“Done.” She said as simple as that.

 

A week after that, the most dreadful news came. Carol, my clever best friend, was given a job.

 

She was accepted as a make-up artist at JYP.

 

I Should have known why she had stolen that video of mine.

 


Well... I'm sorry again (I always apologize... hehe)

My update will be short... At present, I'm having a writer's block... No inspiration.

Though Part 2 is in the making.... 

I hope you guys will continue to support me!

Suggestion and ideas are loved!