Crashing Down

Forget Our Memories

 

--Minho—

 

The girl in my arms proved that all these years that I believed that she was truly gone was a lie. The heat of her warm lips with mine was a reminder that this was definitely not a dream.

 

She was real.

 

Flesh and blood, she was here.

 

I should be mad! In rage! But no anger rose from my body. It could be that the truth hasn’t really sunk into me yet. Maybe I was still in denial just like the moment I heard the love of my life died in a plane crash.

 

I was lost in her soft lips sharing my breath, hungry and eager like mine. I didn’t want the kiss to end.

 

It was like I was brought back to my teenage years.

 

A moment too soon, she forcefully pushed me away.

 

My eyes were glazed with desire for her that I didn’t register the sudden loss of her warmth.

 

“This is wrong.” Her voice uttered in fear. Those lips I kissed were pink and swollen. Her eyes were watery as if she was about to cry.

 

My body stiffened as soon as the word she uttered reached my ears. I glared at her and my temper rose. “How can this be wrong Jieun?” I told her in disbelief. “You love me as much as I love you! There’s nothing wrong with that!”

 

Her eyes looked at me in horror as my words sank into her. I called her Jieun.

 

She closed her eyes and shed a tear before facing me with conviction of her own truth that I no longer believed. “I’m not Jieun! She’s dead!”

 

“You’re not dead! Jieun I am holding you right now and you’re real!”I grabbed her arms and held onto her tight. I did not want her to disappear.

 

She shook her head and hit me with her fists.

 

It hurt. I flinched at each blow but never let my grip loosen.

 

“Skye we have to go.”Alex, her manager walked in on us. He didn’t notice that I was there until he looked at her.

 

She was still struggling to get away from me.

 

Alex saw her distress and took action. A strong punch hit my face.

 

I heard her scream while I let go of her. Before I could even land on the floor, another punch hit me.

 

“You son of a !”Alex didn’t show any mercy.

 

Pain. There was so much pain and I had lost my breath with each punch.

 

“Stop!”I heard Jieun screaming at her manager.

 

Another punch.

 

I cried out, trying my best to block his blows.

 

“Please Alex! Stop hurting him!”

 

“Do you ever come near her again or else!”Jieun was crying, gripping his arm tightly as if she was afraid that he will attack me again at any moment. “I don’t care if you’re some popular idol. I’ll report you to Sooman if this happens again.”

 

My eyes couldn’t see Alex but I could hear the anger from his voice.

 

I could barely open my eyes. They were swollen from the punches I received from Skye’s manager.

 

My phone rang. It was somewhere in the room.

 

I don’t remember where I put it and it hurts to move.

 

The sound of my ringtone was calming. Hearing it was a good sign for me. I was still awake and breathing.

 

Jieun’s manager or should I say Alex really did a number on me. He was the only guy I know that would risk his career. Most managers would have turned a blind eye. He didn’t. And because of that, I’m lying on the floor like a broken doll.

 

Everything hurts but I can’t help but laugh.

 

How cruel fate has played me.

 

I could guess that the other members and our manager as well are panicking about where I am.

 

I don’t know when the phone stopped ringing but I heard footsteps and moments later, the door opened and I heard a gasp.

 

“Minho!”

 

 

---Haejin---

 

Alex totally misunderstood but I didn’t dare correct him.

 

I was afraid…

 

No…

 

I am terrified at everything.

 

The lies have caught up to me.

 

He knew and I had nowhere to run.

 

My throat hurts and I was exhausted physically and emotionally.

 

My manager wasn’t speaking to me.

 

I could see that he was angry. To whom he was angry? I am not sure.

 

He led me quietly to my dorm and opened it himself.

 

Just like always, the place looked so cold and lonely. Sometimes, I wished that I wasn’t a solo artist.

 

Before I walked inside my dorm, I paused and turned to look at my manager. “Alex, aren’t you going to ask?”

 

“If I ask, will you answer?”He looked at me with a half-smile half frown.

 

I forced a smile that didn’t reach my eyes. “No. Maybe.” I shrugged.

 

He sighed.

 

“Just tell me one honest answer. Minho… He’s related to you more than you’re letting on. It’s not even because of your twin sister, am I right?”

 

He had known ever since he became my manager that I had things hidden. He never had the impulse to be curious about them until tonight.

 

“Yes.”I told him honestly. I owe this much. He was nothing but kind to me.

 

Alex took a moment, to process my answer before nodding.

 

“Do you really want to live in this kind of life?”

 

Idol life.

 

With my secrets spilling out and my life going out of control I wasn’t sure if I still like the road I am pursuing.

 

I was spiraling out of control.

 

It was frightening.

 

“I don’t know anymore. I feel like I want to run away again.”My voice shook.

 

He approached me and enveloped me in a friendly embrace. We stayed like that until he let me go.

 

“Go to sleep. We have a lot of things to do tomorrow.”

 

I nodded. “Thank you for everything Alex. You don’t deserve being burdened by someone like me.”

 

Alex looked tired. He had lost a couple of pounds.

 

He sighed and smiled sincerely. “You’re not a burden. You’re family.” He patted my head like an older brother would. “Go to sleep.”He repeated.

 

I nodded and went inside quietly.

 

That night, I remained awake until the wee hours of the morning.

 


I'm procastinating....

I think we have enough suspense to last a lifetime for these two^^

Any reaction? violent reactions? whatsoever?