She did it

Forget Our Memories

016: She did it

 

--Haejin--
 
 
A sigh of relief escaped my lips when I saw the feedback of my music video.
 
Generally, they were psyched about their favorite stars making a cameo on the video.
 
There were some who shook their heads at SM's marketing strategy but I saw their plan to be logical.
 
With the help of the entertainment's talents, I was able to showcase my talents through them.
 
All the preparation has been set and the only thing I need to do is my official debut as a solo singer in a music program. For this event, both companies decided that MBC was the best choice. My company had more freedom with the set.
 
Since I was a rookie, I had to share my dressing room with a fellow idol. 
 
The makeup artist was finished with me as well as the stylist. We were on schedule. All we need to do was wait for my turn.
 
"Jin?" A familiar voice startled me as I mentally prepared myself.
 
I looked at the mirror to see Wooyoung with a large bouquet of flowers for me. 
 
"Sunbae! Why are you here?" I asked, surprised at his visit.
 
He smiled and gave me the flowers. "This is your official debut. I wouldn't miss it for the world."
 
Touched by his words, I playfully punched him on the arm. "You snuck out from the others, didn't you?"
 
He let out a full laugh, causing the other people in the room to look in our direction. I silently apologized and gave my senior a loud smack on the chest for being too loud. 
 
Wooyoung managed to control his laugh, only to make his cheeks bigger than usual. "You caught me. They'll be furious if they found out I'm here. You can't imagine how jealous we were of the SM idols in your mv"
 
"You guys will have your chance. Let's take a picture you can brag to the others." I beamed.
 
"You're still evil Jin. I like it!" He immediately pulled out his phone and asked one of the stylist to take the picture.
 
We tried multiple poses. It was fun and made me forget the nervous feeling from all the waiting.
 
Thanks to him, I managed to get through my debut performance without a hitch.
 
His support gave me enough confidence to show I can really do it.
 
The audience cheered and the energy they were giving me was addicting.
 
This was probably what the veteran idols loved about the stage.
 
Once I finished my performance, I bowed to the audience and got off the stage.
 
Months of practice paid off.
 
Even though my feet hurts from the high-heeled boots that I was wearing, it didn't seem to matter. The adrenaline from my performance was keeping me energetic. It felt like I was on drugs.
 
My chest constricted. I laid my hand on my chest, as I tried to catch my breath.
 
I leaned my body on a nearby wall. 
 
One of the dancers I was with looked at me in concern. 
 
"Haejin, you alright?" He asked.
 
I had my eyes closed when he asked. I opened one and smiled. 
 
"Yeah." I assured him as I gasped for air.
 
My breathing wasn't getting any better.
 
He didn't believe me and called help from the staff. 
 
Moments later, someone assisted me. I didn't know who but the dancer was right. Something was wrong with me.
 
I was brought to a clinic inside the building and it didn't take long for my manager to arrive. "Haejin, Oh my God! I'm so sorry! I should have been there but-"
 
I stopped him before he could continue further. "Too much adrenaline. Nothing big."
 
He sat on the bed where I was. Alex was like the brother to me. He was my support after a day's hard work. 
 
Exhausted from the performance, I leaned my head on his shoulder. "Don't think too much about this incident."
 
He sighed and patted my head. "Good job Skye... you did it."
 
I smiled and tears started to flow from my eyes.
 
"I really did it..."
 

 

 
Frequent updates but it will be shorter...