Decided

Forget Our Memories

024: Decided

 

---Minho---

 

“Good night oppa.” Suzy shyly kissed me on the cheek.

 

I caressed her cheek and smiled. “Take care Suzy.”

 

Her cheeks reddened a bit. It was a bit cute.

 

She nodded and got off the car. Suzy ran and took cover inside her dorm.

 

It was raining.

 

I waved goodbye to Suzy as we part after our ‘secret’ date.

 

She waved back before going inside.

 

I waited until I could no longer see her before leaving.

 

From: Suzy

 

I’m already inside the apartment.

 

To: Minho

 

I relaxed and drove away as soon as I received her message.

 

A Secret Date? The thought ran around my head.

 

I chuckled. This was the first time I’ve gone out on a date.

 

If I was honest to myself, it felt good.

 

But wait…

 

Is it even a secret? Haejin just caught me with Suzy. Should I still call it a secret?

 

I shook my head and shrugged.

 

Maybe, but I’m sure she won’t tell it to anyone.

 

Suzy hasn’t told anyone about our relationship and so far, my co-members know that I am involved with someone but they don’t know who it was.

 

As far as I knew, we were still safe.

 

I the nearest intersection.

 

My phone beeped. I pulled my car to a stop and read the message.

 

It was another message from my date.

 

From: Suzy

 

I miss you Oppa<3

 

It made me smile a little. We just talked a couple of minutes ago and she already missed me. I really think we could work.

 

The day already ended and it was one in the morning. I had to hurry back to the dorm. The members might get worried.

 

Thankfully, there was little traffic since most people are sleeping during this time.

 

--- Haejin ---

 

I was carried inside by Taemin and I tried my best to control my tears.

 

I was heavier now but Taemin seemed to have grown stronger throughout the years that I was gone.

 

I used to remember that he could barely carry anyone. He had lanky arms back then. Now, his arms have developed muscles. It was enough to carry my weight.

 

Just like what his fans keep saying, he’s no longer Taemin but Taeman.

 

I was dripping wet but Taemin looked like he could care less about the mess I was making.

 

When he brought me inside, I found myself being surrounded by the rest of SHINee. Apparently, they woke up the moment I became a slobbering mess in front of their maknae.

 

“Haejin?” Onew gently called my name as he approached us and looked at Taemin when he saw the state I was in. I was still crying and started hiccupping.

 

“What happened to her Taemin?”

 

Taemin didn’t speak. I could feel him signing towards his leader. I was looking at Onew and whatever Taemin did he didn’t ask any further and let the youngest set me down on the sofa.

 

“I’m wet. I’ll ruin the couch.” I croaked, stopping Taemin for a bit.

 

Key, the usual mother of the group shook his head in disbelief at my words. “The couch will survive. I’m gonna make some tea to warm you up.”

 

Taemin carefully placed me on the couch as if I was a fragile doll. Normally I would have glared at anyone treating me too gently but at the emotional state that I was in, I wasn’t my normal self.

 

Meanwhile, Jonghyun sat on an available chair in front of me and kept his mouth shut probably because he didn’t know what to say. My unexpected visit must have been a curious thing for him.

 

I didn’t notice Onew had left and came back with a heated towel, draping it over my shoulder. It warmed me up a bit.

 

A couple of moments later, Key handed me a cup of lemon tea. I thanked him and kept my eyes on the tea.

 

For what seemed like a long time, no one spoke. I knew they were waiting for me to say something.

 

The rain from the outside was muted.

 

Everyone sat somewhere near me and they were all concentrated on me.

 

I kept my attention on the fragrant scent of lemon from the tea. It made me feel at ease, calming my nerves.

 

“I messed up big time, Taemin-ah.” I said with a broken laugh. My throat still hurts from all the crying I did. My hands trembled while I held the cup, keeping my frozen hands warm. “I thought what I did was the right thing. But when I saw him with…”

 

The words were stuck down my throat stubbornly refusing me. I can’t say her name. Saying her name only made it true, punching me to reality.

 

I still want to deceive myself that it was still alright. I want to believe that what I saw didn’t really happen. I wanted to forget the image of him and her together, smiling lovingly at each other. I also want to convince myself that I didn’t hear the song that made me stop fighting the feelings I shove down deep inside me.

 

But all efforts became futile. There was nothing to stop the feelings from rushing out.

 

I didn’t know how to stop it.

 

“I’m sorry for lying.” I choked out. I forced myself to lift my head and looked at them in the eyes, showing my regret and sincerity. “I’m sorry that I might be too late.”

 

“I don’t know what to do anymore.” Her grip on her cup tightened.

 

--Minho –-

 

It was way past midnight and I was sure that most of the guys were asleep. We tend to sleep early as much as we could these days. Sleep was still a luxury and we have a couple of things to accomplish at the company later that morning.

 

Lucky for me, the rain already stopped when I arrived at the condominium.

 

I parked my car and checked my surroundings first before heading inside. I was still cautious when I go out. There were still incidents where some fans had mobbed members when they were unaware.

 

Not a single soul except for me.

 

Clear.

 

Knowing that, I was able to feel safer and walked inside the building without worry. I greeted the security as I went inside with a nod and entered the elevator without incident.

 

Like the rest of the night, it was quiet. Light music from the elevator played and I was tapping along with the melody in habit.

 

A couple of moments later, the elevator dinged at my floor and I hurriedly walked out, excited to have a hard-earned rest.

 

My hand pulled out the key from my pocket and opened the door.

 

I was whistling when I entered the apartment. I thought that everyone was asleep but it was the opposite.

 

All members were in the living room and they weren’t the only ones. We have a guest and it was a woman.

 

No one heard be coming in and I stopped before they could notice my presence. I was curious on who was our guest.

 

The woman’s back was facing me and from where I was hidden, there was no chance to see her face.

 

“I don’t know what to do anymore.”Her rough voice made it hard for me to recognize who it was. She was crying and it was apparent from the way her voice sounded.

 

I mentally winced at the state of .

 

Normally I would have approached them but I didn’t want to intrude. I waited.

 

“What is she talking about Jinki-hyung?”Key arched a brow at their leader.

 

“Tonight’s not the right time to talk about these things.”Onew-hyung shook his head at Key and patted the woman on the head.

 

I could see Kibum and Jonghyun looking confused.

 

“I would be mad at you right now Haejin-ah but I’m too tired to process everything.” He forced a smile.

 

Haejin?

 

I was taken aback to see Haejin in my group’s apartment, crying. We just met a couple of hours ago. It felt like an unlikely situation.

 

“I know sunbae… I know.”I could imagine tears flowing with her broken voice.

 

It was like Jieun all over again.

 

With the same face, it was hard to control myself. I couldn’t bear seeing Jieun crying and to know that her sister was suffering, my control almost slipped.

 

I clenched my hand in a fist.

 

“Even though I cannot understand what’s happening right now, I just want to tell you that crying wouldn’t bring anything back.”Jonghyun forced an awkward smile.

 

His advice seemed to strike something inside Haejin and had him enveloped in a hug in a matter of seconds.

 

“Thanks. You don’t know how much your words means to me.”She buried her face on his chest.

 

Jonghyun’s shocked expression soon turned into a shy smile and returned the hug. “Anything for Jieun’s sister. You’re practically part of the family.”

 

His comment seemed to have a different effect on her. She stiffened and cried harder.

 

Jonghyun suddenly became helpless.

 

“Noona, I think you should stay here for the night. You should tell your manager so he wouldn’t panic.”Taemin gently told her. He saved Jonghyun from the situation.

 

She turned around and was about to argue when Key shushed her with a glare. “Just try saying no. You came here in the middle of the night and we have the right to force you to stay for your safety. Got it?”

 

Like a child, she nodded.

 

I had to bite my lips to stop laughing aloud.

 

Key’s stern composure disappeared and was replaced with a caring one. He took the female idol from Jonghyun and ordered Taemin to prepare the guest room. Onew hyung smiled to reassure her while Jonghyun sheepishly apologized to her.

 

I leaned my weight on one side a couple of times before everyone settled in their rooms.

 

I was able to exhale quietly when I thought there was no one else in the living room.

 

“How long will you be hiding their Minho?”I was wrong. Onew hyung caught me.

 

I held my breath and groaned slightly. I waited several moments before I stepped out of my hiding spot.

 

“Oh hyung.”I waved, pocketing my hands uneasily.

 

“You could have told us you were home already.”

 

“I didn’t want to intrude.”I reasoned out.

 

“That might have been a good decision. If she had seen you…”His voice trailed off. His posture seemed less tense.

 

There was something in his statement that had me curious. “What’s wrong with me showing up? Was she crying because of me?”

 

I didn’t know how I came up with that conclusion but the words suddenly came out of my mouth.

 

My words took Onew by surprise. He vigorously shook his head and smiled thinly. “She’s just stressed and emotional. It’s just that having more people when she’s already a wreck might send her over the edge. We don’t want that.”

 

“Oh… good.” I was relieved.

 

“Is she going to be okay? I heard you’re supposed to be mad at her.”

 

“She’ll be alright. We’ll talk when she’s settled.”He didn’t offer any more information.

 

This was one of the rare occasions that I’ve seen our leader quiet. He’s never this secretive but I respect his need for privacy.

 

“I understand.” I replied. “I’ll be heading to bed then.”

 

He nodded and I walked towards my room. I intentionally slowed down my pace and waited for Jinki-hyung to enter his room.

 

When his door closed, I changed my destination and stopped in front of the guest’s room’s door.

 

I slowly opened the door. The door creaked a bit and I feared for a moment that I’ll be caught.

 

Most of the members didn’t know I had arrived home. If they saw me sneaking around especially when Haejin was here, I’ll be in big trouble.

 

Luck was on my side when no one opened their doors and heard me.

 

Inside, I saw Haejin curled into a ball sleeping. Tears stained her face and I couldn’t stop myself from wiping it away. My hands brushed on her face.

 

She looked like Jieun.

 

It was wrong to hurt like this.

 

It was wrong to imagine how Jieun could be crying like her.

 

I have moved on.

 

I have Suzy now.

 

I should be happy.

 

“Minho…”She called my name.

 

I literally stopped moving, thinking she might have noticed me sneaking in the room, but her eyes were closed. She was really asleep.

 

Was she dreaming about me?

 

“Mianhe. I’m sorry for lying.”Her voice tightened and she cried, still lost in her dream.

 

Sorry? I do not understand. What was there to be sorry about.

 

“I wish I could turn back the time when…”

 

I held my breath.

 

“I was still your Jieun.”

 

My heart stopped dead.

 

 


What's gonna happen next? Even I don't know!

Even I was surprised when I finished the chapter.

It wasn't my intention to write it like this but it ended this way.

It was a SHOCKER!

What do you think?

Thank you guys for being so patient with me^^