Formal Introduction. pt.1

Forget Our Memories

023: Formal Introduction

 

--- Minho ----

 

Should I be happy about it?

 

Hours later after the scandal about Haejin and Nichkhun broke out, SM and JYP did the most surprising thing.

 

They admitted to the idols’ relationship.

 

It surprised us all.

 

No one ever expected that Lee Sooman and JYP would proudly tell the public about Nichkhun hyung and Haejin’s relationship.

 

The two were the talk of the town. Other celebrities admired them for being lucky.

 

They were like Se7en and Hanbyul or better yet… a luckier version.

 

I wanted to rub my face furiously but the makeup would smear. That would only mean more time with the stylists and sitting like a robot for a  long time.

 

Jealousy struck me.

 

I’m not sure if it was because she was taken by somebody I know well or because their relationship was taken well by the public.

 

“Minho I missed you.”

 

A familiar hand touch my shoulder and I automatically smiled. “Hi.”

 

She smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

 

I didn’t notice her coming inside the room. Suzy was looking stunning in her jeans and leather jacket.

 

The date was a last minute thing and I just wanted to get all the time I could to spend with her. I suppose that was the logical thing to do since we are ‘dating’.

 

To be honest, the whole dating thing hasn’t really sunk into me.

 

Suzy is pretty and I like her enough. I’m not sure if there was something more to it but I wanted to try.

 

There’s no harm in trying, right?

 

We chatted a bit about what happened to our day and talked a little about what we like and stories before we became idols. It was nice to talk to someone other than the guys. Suzy kind of made my day.

 

For a moment, I forgot about the scandal thing until she brought it up.

 

“So… Have you heard about Skye and Nichkhun-sshi’s scandal?” She said as she took a bite of her salad. She was still promoting and any additional meal was a big ‘no’.

 

I mentally sighed. I didn’t really want to talk about it. It make me think of the bad things from the past.

 

“I didn’t expect Nichkhun sunbae to do that. He’s usually careful when it comes to this stuff.” I remembered his secret relationship with Victoria of F(x). Many people speculated especially during their ‘We got married’ days. At least when they ended the relationship, it was quiet and no one knew about it.

 

“And to think it was with the rookie girl. I was totally shocked.” She swallowed. “I admit she’s pretty and talented but it’s almost unthinkable to date when you just made your debut.”

 

“I know.” That was the only thing I could say. I was afraid that I might say things that could ruin the night.

 

There was nothing bad about the things that Suzy said. There was something in the way she said it. It was like she was totally disappointed with Haejin and didn’t like her for being the new girl.

 

I might have been thinking too much about it and let it go.

 

After our dinner date, we decided to go around a nearby park to walk. It was usually deserted during this time of the night and our managers have made sure that their wouldn’t be anyone passing in that park. I don’t know how they could do it but they did.

 

“Oh! I forgot something in the car. I’ll be right back.” Suzy said before we arrive at the park.

 

“Do you want me to come with you?” I asked her. I didn’t want her walking alone.

 

She shook her hand and squeezed my hand lightly. “My manager can accompany me. It’ll be safer that way. ”

 

Safer.

 

I hated that word. It made me feel incompetent like I’m unable to protect the woman I’m dating.

 

I frowned a bit and forced a small smile later on. “Okay then. Be careful.” I told her.

 

Her lips touched my cheek once again and smiled. “I will.”

 

The walk to the park didn’t take long. It was a couple of minutes away from the restaurant.

 

The place was well lit and peaceful. He hadn’t been in a place like this for quite some time. Usually, whenever he goes, the park was filled with people.

 

After a couple of minutes, I heard footsteps.

 

Unconsciously, I smiled and turned around to see if Suzy had arrived. It surprised me to see Haejin in the same park as me.

 

She also the same shocked look as I have when she who it was she was facing.

 

“Minho!” That was the first thing that came out of her lips.

 

Her eyes widened a bit more when she realized she called me by my first name. “I mean Minho sunbae.” She bowed and clasped her hands together in embarrassment.

 

“Minho’s fine.” I chuckled. I found the situation amusing. “We’re friends, aren’t we?”

 

She slowly nodded and returned a flustered smile.

 

My smile grew a little bit wider. It was like Jieun was smiling at me. 

 

My heart skipped a beat. The feeling from 3 years ago was returning because of her.

 

Haejin.

 

“Congratulations.” I told her. It was the only thing I could think of saying.

 

“Thanks… I guess. ”Her hand tucked the hair behind her ear and bit her lips.

 

The way she looked made me want to comfort her as if something was wrong but before I could ask what it was, my date arrived.

 

“Oppa!” Suzy called out and broke my train of thought.

 

I looked up as I felt her hands around my arm. She smiled at me and kissed me on the cheek in greeting.

 

“Did you wait long?” She asked me and fixed my jacket a bit. Suzy didn’t seem to notice Haejin with me.

 

My eyes wandered to Haejin’s direction who was once again wore the same expression when she saw me.

 

“Haejin. I want you to meet my girlfriend Suzy.” I introduced to her.

 


I apologize in advance for any grammatical errors.
So... what do you think? Should I make the pace faster?
Tell me what you think. Even if it's bad... I'll swallow it...lol
A feedback would be nice and thanks for reading.
I still have less than 3 weeks of my summer vacation so ... I'll try to update more^^
Love you guys!
BTW... Have you seen Sehun's gifts?! There are a lot!!! Damn!
and I was acting like a crazy fangirl during exo's fanboard replies though... some of those were not legit replies... aww.