Revealed...

Forget Our Memories

 

020: Revealed...

 

--Haejin--

 

New preparations were made for my new music video, 'Sweet Paradise'

 

It was about a woman trying to falling in love again after a series of horrible breakups.

 

It was JYP's turn to have some fun with my video recording.

 

This video was somewhat a continuation of 'warning'.

 

I would be showing a sweet and fresh image.

 

From what the JYP told me in the last meeting with the director of the shoot, it would be fun. He still haven't told me who will be my leading man.

 

JYP told me the list of artists included in the video:

 

JJ Project

Miss A 

2PM

2AM

Lee Hyun of 8eight 

Joo

MBLAQ

 

I was surprised to see MBLAQ and 8eight to be part of the list since they weren't really part of the main company.

 

JYP had shares with Rain's entertainment company and Big Hit where 8eight is a part of is a subsidiary company which JYP is part of.

 

My eyes grew wide at the list. It was star-studded just like SM's.

 

"Even though you're in a joint label, you guys are still competing" I commented when I saw the list.

 

Jyp laughed guiltily. He didn't take offense about what I said.

 

"I have been against his label for years. I don't think I won't stop soon. I almost asked CUBE to let me borrow some of their artists but our boys greatly opposed to the idea."

 

I don't think JYP noticed this extravagant lineup.

 

I massaged my temple and looked at my boss. "Seriously ajusshi! I shouldn't even be given this much attention. You guys are getting carried away..."

 

His eyes went wide when I called him ajusshi. Despite he's old enough to be my father, he was in denial about it. Last time, he wanted me to call him 'Oppa'.

 

I don't think I'll be saying those words to him soon. Even with his talent, I don't see it happening.

 

"Missy. I'm an oppa, not an ajusshi. Passing 50 years doesn't necessarily mean I'm old."

 

I sighed mentally. There he goes again. Denying he wasn't old.

 

He doesn't act like one but no one can deny he's old.

 

"JYP could you at least lessen the number of idols to be featured?" I hoped he would take it into consideration.

 

Unfortunately his decision was like set in stone. "I've already informed the people in the list. Everyone is excited."

 

He settled his hands on my shoulder. I felt the weight he was applying and I slouched in defeat. 

 

"Oppa..." I whined. 

 

"It will be fun." He didn't budge.

 

----------------

 

Surprisingly, what JYP told me was true.

 

It was like a bonding time with JYP Nation.

 

MBLAQ and I haven't really met so it was weird the first time. 

 

I had enjoyed a lot like my time with the SM family.

 

What Minho said a couple of nights ago was right.

 

The lifestyle takes some time to get used to.

 

I don’t think I can leave this industry this time around.

 

Attachments had made it hard for me to leave this place.

 

It has been awhile since I last thought of making the same decision as I have a few years back.

 

I don’t think I’ll survive for the second time.

 

These people I have around me was the proof it would be lethal if I left.

 

After the three-day shoot, there was another party.

 

It was weird since everyone seems eager to have parties or even small gatherings at every chance they get.

 

Thankfully, no one got drunk except for the occasional poor drinkers.

 

I had my own share of drinks but not enough to knock me out.

 

I came home to my assigned apartment and found Taemin waiting for me by the front door. My manager left and I was alone.

 

“Taemin?” I called.

 

He looked up and waved weakly. “Hi noona. Can I talk to you privately? There are things that I wanted to ask you.”

 

My blood grew cold. Something was up and I could feel it in my gut.

 

I looked outside to check whether someone might be spying on us. No one can be too careful nowadays.

 

Not a single soul except for the SHINee member in front of me was around.

 

I relaxed a little and pulled the idol inside.

 

Before I could offer him some refreshments, he spoke first.

 

"I just noticed something noona." He said.

 

I looked at him with a blank expression.

 

He sat comfortably on the couch in the living room. "I have seen a picture of you and your twin sister from an internet post."

 

A picture of me and Jieun? Huh…

 

"I haven’t. I didn’t know that someone had a picture of me and my sister." My lips curled up. He was being too trivial that I could answer politely.

 

I sat on the seat opposite his. I was trying my best not to appear nervous.

 

There was something about his tone and way with words that had me unsettled.

 

"I called a classmate of yours if there are any marks that differentiate you and your sister."

 

This can’t be good, I thought. It never crossed my mind that someone would go that far to know more about me.

 

"She told me that Jieun had a birthmark on her nape while Haejin had none."

 

He didn’t stop telling me his story. Taemin wasn’t even planning on stopping. The words just continued flowing.

 

"I asked Minho hyung if Jieun noona had such birthmark, but he said there was none. You… noona also doesn't have such mark."

 

Taemin continued by telling me that Onew helped him finding more about me and Jieun.

 

“The coincidence was too much. Your personality and hers matched as if you’re the same. We knew that was impossible. Minho-hyung didn’t know a thing about this. We couldn’t risk losing Minho if we’re wrong. Onew-hyung and I wanted to make sure.”

 

My lips trembled. I kept faking innocence. That was the only thing I could think of.

 

“People will only get hurt with false hopes.” The younger idol added.

 

I wanted to run and hide, but couldn’t. I was in too deep of this. "What are you trying to say?" I swallowed hard.

 

"You're noona...Jieun noona that Minho hyung loved." His conclusion took my breath away and almost had be confessing but I struggled. In my mind, I kept repeating that Jieun was no more. I am not her anymore.

 

"Maybe she removed hers through surgery." I tried reasoning to him.

 

He rolled his eyes and shook his head vigorously."She's not that vain. You’re not the type to do that."

 

He did know me well.

 

That was the sad part.

 

Taemin knew me too well that it would be close to impossible to be able to escape with my lies.

 

"You're clearly insane Taemin. Did you have an accident." Still… I kept pretending.

 

Taemin didn’t take it too well.

 He closed his distance between us and hovered over me and started shouting. "Why are lying noona?” He slammed his fist on the head of the chair and glared at me. “Why keep up with this persona that you' re dead while Minho suffered thinking you are!"

 

I was frozen and tears escaped from my eyes as I watched his tears and felt them touch my face.

 

"I'm not her Taemin." I gritted my teeth. I can’t tell him. That was what I promised myself when I let go of the old me.

 

I was killing myself.

 

He looked truly hurt by my denial. What was I to do? I had let go. I have been forcing myself to let go and he drags me back to that world.

 

The world where I can hope being together with Minho.

 

“Why keep up with the façade. You can be with him now.” He cried.

 

Be with him? That was a dream now. No matter how successful we can be… that would be a distant dream.

 

I lost my voice. I couldn’t speak for I don’t know what to say.

 

"He even wrote a song for you... and dedicated our new album to you with the same title." His tears felt like rain and all I was able to do was reached for his cheek.

 

When he felt my hand, he recoiled and moved as if he was burned. Taemin messily wiped his own tears away and took something out of his jacket.

 

He handed me a copy of their album and left me terrified and crying.

 

I looked at the cover and just stared.

 

I really don't know what to do.

 

It was amazing how much the maknae have discovered about me.

 

It shook me to the core that someone managed to destroy the one thing I wanted to keep hidden.

 

The pain we suffered was enough.

 

He was starting to live like a person again. 

 

Knowing the truth... it just can't happen.

 

I was trembling when I dialed a number. 

 

"Hello?" He sounded sleepy.

 

"Nichkhun oppa..." I mumbled as I sobbed.

 

My only confidant, Nichkhun, he was the only one who can save me from this.

 

"Hang on and I'll come to your dorm." I heard shuffling. There were voices asking where he was going but he ignored them.

 

He kept call open and I listened to moving fast. His movements were helping me calm down. His endless assurance that everything was going to be alright helped to but I needed someone’s presence and he was the only one I could think of. With him, I didn’t need to hide.

 

"I'm gonna put down the phone so I could drive. Can you wait a few minutes?" He told me as I heard a door opening. It was probably a car.

 

"Uhuh." I nodded even though he couldn’t see.

 

With that, the phone click, ending our conversation.

 

I didn't turn off mine. I was listening to the beeping tone for me not to fall apart.

 

I wasn't sure what will happen if I let go.

 


Surprise...surprise...

Someone knows! More drama and a little development... 

Now that summer's here... I can pretty much add more chapters...^^

Thanks for patiently waiting^^