More than a Story

Forget Our Memories

015: More than a Story

 

 

Minho-----

 

I pretend.

 

I try.

 

In a way, I had accepted that Jieun won’t return to my side.

 

I know that the person in front of me was not her.

 

I couldn’t tell my closest friends the truth.

 

Despite Haejin being the one alive, I still envision her as Jieun.

 

It’s unfair for her.

 

That I fully know.

 

That’s the reason why I’m trying my best not to wrap my arms around her when we first met.

 

Haejin and I met a few times. Mostly, it was just a second or so.

 

I get to see her a few times in SME because of her upcoming debut.

 

From when I last saw her, the company started with her physical transformation.

 

Her wild red her was gone. They changed it to blonde with streaks of blue. She looked prettier in the new hairstyle. It complimented her eyes.

 

To think that I only saw her for a moment or two that I remembered it clearly in my mind.

 

What a foolish heart I have.

 

Plus an insane brain for that matter.

 

A splitting image of her… I just wished that I’m just stuck in a dream and soon I’ll wake seeing her smiling-.

 

I didn’t get to finish the thought when Jonghyun snapped me out of my thoughts.

 

“Minho Let’s go. They’re all waiting in the van. We’ll be late for the shoot.”

 

“Okay. Let me grab my phone.”

 

I jog to the van and closed the door.

 

Our manager started the car and told us of our next destination.

 

Onew-hyung was in the front seat doing his own business.

 

“Jjong?” I called out of the blue.

 

“Yeah?” He looked up from his phone.

 

“I think I should start seeing someone…” I paused.

 

Silence filled the van.

 

Everyone paused at what they were doing and listened. I think they were making sure that they weren’t hallucinating.

 

Even Taemin had a stable relationship with Coco.

 

“I’m ready. I think.” I looked at him and breathed deeply.

 

Shock was what I saw in the way Jonghyun’s mouth went slack. I had been single and dateless for the past couple of years. They heard me numerous times about my loyalty to Jieun. She told me to move on but that time I wasn’t ready.

 

I would have kept it that way. Probably, I won’t get married at all.

 

But then, Haejin came in my life.

 

She stirred the feelings that I swore that would only be for Jieun.

 

My feelings were in a haywire and I need some stability.

 

Maybe being involved with someone else would help me sort out of my feelings.

 

Somehow, I had to do something.

 

“Hyung? Do you know someone who I can date?”

 

“Uh… yeah. I know one. I’ll call her and ask…or should I just give her number?” He said unsure. He was clearly surprised that I approached him for this.

 

“Call her first. It will be awkward if I call out of the blue. She might freak out.” I smiled out of necessity.

 

Jonghyun-hyung smiled awkwardly and scratched the back of his head.

 

“Minho hyung, are you really alright? You’re acting strange.” Taemin asked in concern.

 

I assured him I was.

 

“Finally.” Key muttered.

 

I didn’t bother answering back.

 

Onew gave me an encouraging smile. He was happy for me.

 

I wish I was the same for myself. Hopefully, the reality would sink in on me.

 

Haejin----

 

Album cover shoot. Check.

 

Magazine Shoot. Check.

 

MV SHOOT…

 

Acting…

 

I want to pull my hair out of frustration but I can’t.

 

I had to avoid touching it for the rest of the day or else the stylist would fuss over me longer than necessary.

 

The director approached me a few hours ago and gave me the gist of the video concept.

 

Unlike SNSD and F(x)’s debut concept. They were going for a more of a dangerous feel for my image.

 

The title of my title track is “Warning”.

 

The song depicts the feelings of a woman warning men about breaking hearts.

 

My character has an alter-ego or to be more specific a dark side.

 

I was about to get my revenge on the men who broke my heart. From then, I’ll meet a new guy.

 

No one told me who will act as my love interest. Even the minor characters were a mystery. All I knew was that they’re SM artists.

 

They’re in a different room and I was not allowed to take a peek.

 

The management said that I need the element of surprise for the shoot.

 

We were scheduled the last part of the video.

 

“Skye we’re starting.” My manager called.

 

The stylist check my look one last time and ushered me to the set.

 

It looked expensive.

 

A built-in urban street with a brick road. A street built inside a warehouse.

 

I was wearing a tight fit black leather pants that I swore never to wear again after the promotions and white chic jacket with a silver tank top underneath.

 

The accessories were very edgy. Leather bracelet accompanied by a set of metal spikes, a skull ring and a simple stud earrings completed my look.

 

My make-up was set to make my eyes look y and lips to be kissable.

 

In all honesty, I wasn’t sure if I could pull this look, but it was too late to back out in this.

 

I was in this business until they decided to drop me.

 

“They’re coming.” I heard one of the staff while I was to stand on my spot in the middle of the brick road.

 

“Skye wait for my signal to turn around and look until I say so.” The director said.

 

I nodded and waited for the director’s instructions.

 

I could feel them not far from me.

 

The set was quiet.

 

“Warning MV shoot finale take 1”

 

The sound of the snap signalled the start of the recording.

 

“Skye walk a bit before turning slowly.”

 

I tried my best to walk straight and not appear awkward. I didn’t hear any complaints and continued with a couple of step before making a slow turn.

 

My attention was on my feet that when I turned around and saw SHINee standing in front of me with smirks on their faces, I was caught off-guard.

 

I stepped back a bit and wobbled on heels before losing my balance and falling on my .

 

I totally lost my poise and ended up laughing.

 

The others laughed as well, looking at how the serious atmosphere disappeared in a instant when I fell flat on my .

 

“Sorry director. I was really surprised.” I shyly apologized.

 

I cannot believe that it happened on my very first mv shoot. It was embarrassing.

 

“Yah Haejin. Is this how you want to be remembered?” Key joked.

 

“Am I rubbing off on you?” Onew added.

 

“You guys!” I covered my face with my hands.

 

“Noona, don’t listen to them. Are you okay?” Taemin offered his hand and pulled me up.

 

The other boys were enjoying my embarrassing fall that they forgot that I was on the floor, not too long ago.

 

“Haha… very funny. You had your fun so please stop laughing. It’s not nice to laugh at a girl who fell on her first music video shoot.” I rolled my eyes.

 

“Sorry Haejin.” Jonghyun apologized, still laughing when he said it.

 

I sighed and my eyes wandered around Minho.

 

He saw me looking and politely smiled.

 

I smiled back.

 

The heart hurts but that how it will be.

 

“Next scene!”

 

Everyone got to work and forgot about the incident for the rest of the filming.

 

I had to film individual scenes with them.

 

I was starting to feel the pressure.

 

Everyone was expecting me to be great. It was just not too long ago that she had been nothing. Just a dancer.

A no one.

 

“Hey” Someone called out.

 

I turned around and saw Key waving at me.

 

It looks like he will the first one to do a scene with me.

 

“You’re first?” I asked.

 

“Yup and I heard from the other staff that we’ll get pretty cozy with each other.”

 

I wrinkled my nose at the thought. I could only see Key as a brother and to think that personal space needed to be invaded…

 

It made me shudder.

 

“Yah! Am I that revolting?” Key looked offended.

 

“No! It’s just that I can’t imagine a brother-like figure like you to be…” I couldn’t finish the thought and shook my head to erase the thought.

 

Key understood my point and shivered too. “Ah… I see what you mean. I’m flattered that you thought of me as a brother.”

 

“Places everyone!” The director called.

 


 

Should have been a long chapter but... I just don't feel like it should^^

Thanks for reading especially for my readers who have stuck with me from the very beginning^^

Lots of things will happen soon^^

Better watch out----

 

30J12

musicbeat signing off...