Moving On...

Forget Our Memories

 

019: Moving On...

 

--Minho--

 
The party was in full swing to celebrate Skye's successful debut. She didn't reach number one but as a solo singer, she managed to reach 10. If she continued with her promotions, she could reach top 5 the least.
 
Everyone was having fun except me.
 
Wonder why?
 
Well... I promised myself I would move on. I told the others I would but so far, I have failed.
 
Failure doesn't have a good effect on me.
 
I really hate it.
 
"Minho? You're supposed to be partying not moping in a corner." Onew popped out of nowhere.
 
He's a creeper.
 
I sighed. "Can't do. I don't feel like it." My tone sounded bored.
 
He pat me on the back. "If you're not up to partying, you can relax in the lounge at the rooftop. I heard it has a nice view of the sky."
 
"Thanks hyung!" I said and headed to Onew hyung's suggestion.
 
The place was empty when I came. It was nice and quiet. The sounds coming from the party was muffled.
 
I could definitely relax here, I thought.
 
The stars shine so beautifully that I could almost get lost in them. Jieun often dragged me to see them when we were still both trainees.
 
Not even 10 minutes have passed, I heard the door open.
 

"Oh! I'm sorry. I thought this room was empty." The voice said.

 
Her voice was identical to Jieun's. That was when I immediately recognized that it was her sister, Haejin.
 
My heart still does the same flips whenever she's around.
 
She might not be the same person but she had the same effect.
 
She was  about to leave but I had the sudden impulse to stop her.
 
"This place is big enough for the both of us." I said as I turned.
 
By the look on her face, she was surprised to see me.
 
She looks tired.
 
"Minho sunbae... Why aren't you downstairs?"
 
"You could just call me Minho, you know?" My lips formed to a smile. "My ears are ringing from all the music. I needed a breather. How about you?"
 
"Pretty much exhausted. I thought I could get some sleep here. " She answered me. 
 
I understood. I was the same when I was still new.
 
"It gets better once you're used to the schedules." I told her.
 
She chuckled saying Nichkhun hyung told her the same thing.
 
Haejin sat on the other end of the couch.
 
I nodded and looked at her with a small smile. "It's a good advice. Leeteuk hyung said the same thing to me when I was still a rookie."
 
She still has a lot of things to experience. There would be a lot of firsts. She could make a mistake at some point but in that mistake, she will learn.
 
"There are rumors that you have started dating again." Haejin asked me warily.
 
It surprised me that she knew. I guessed she heard about it from Nichkhun hyung.
 
My lips tilted upward wanting to look optimistic of the dating thing.  "I really am actually. Finally after years of being indecisive, I am finally following your sister's advice. I' m trying."
 
My answer caused her to get teary-eyed.
 
She was smiling as her words came out shakily. I'm sure my sister would be happy for you."
 
I really don't know what to do about her. 
 
The smile I had earlier vanished as I confessed the truth."I'm trying but I kept on going back to my old feelings."
 
She stiffened but didn't say anything about it. Her eyes wandered on the floor and avoided my gaze.
 
There was so much that I don't know about Jieun. It felt strange.
 
I wanted to know more about her.
 
"Was she a good sister?" I couldn't help but ask Haejin.
 
She jumped a little at my question.
 
She paused and smiled a bit as she said,  "She's the best."
 
The smile made this woman in front of me beautiful that I couldn't resist. 
 
This might be the last I could do it.
 
I ignored the consequences and acted instead. 
 
She wasn't looking while I crept closer to her. When I was almost by her side, I spoke. "Do you think I could ask you a favor?"
 
She looked up and agreed by nodding her head.
 
Temptation was too much. Everything about her resembled Jieun.
 
I knew it was unfair but at the very least, I wanted to take the opportunity.
 
My arms moved around her until she was in my embrace. I buried my face on her shoulder.
 
Her warmth felt good. I almost never wanted to let go.
 
"Sunbae..." She stiffened and stuttered. "A-are you dr-unk?"
 
Haejin tried to move away from me but I couldn't let her. I tightened my arms around her. 
 
"Please...let me stay like this for a moment." My voice was cracking.
 
I was letting her see a vulnerable side of me.
 
"Let me pretend you're her one last time. Maybe this time I can move on." I pleaded.
 
She stopped struggling and relaxed. 
 
I cried, soaking her dress but she stayed in place.
 
"Minho..." Her voice sounded rough.  "Once we leave this room, you'll forget about me. You promised me you're going to move on for both our sakes."
 
When I heard her say this words, I could only cry harder.
 
She sounded too much like Jieun.
 
It was unfair.
 
."I know! But I love you too much. I don't want to let go. It hurts." I answered her, grabbing onto her as if she was my lifeline.
 
"We need to." 
 
It was that we both knew. I deluded myself for a moment that it was Jieun. I understood what Haejin was trying to do. She was trying to help me move on.
 
I don't remember how long we embraced. Sometime later, I just stopped.
 
When I was finished, I couldn't look at Haejin. We weren't close but to let her see me so vulnerable was embarrassing. 
 
I almost wanted to hide in a hole.
 
"Don't think about it. You needed the closure." She said as if reading my mind and gave me a friendly pat on the shoulder.
 
"Thank you for doing this." I smiled brightly.
 
Her comfort helped me. In some way, it was like talking to Jieun.
 
This was like the true parting that I was waiting for.
 
She smile back. "We're friends, right? It's the least I could do."
 
I squeezed her hand as a gesture of gratitude. "Thanks again." 
 
I smiled at her one last time and left. I had to do it.
 
She was a piece that reminded me of the past.
 
I left the lounge and went back to the party.
 
Inside, I saw the girl I was looking for. She was with her group, along with some members of 2am.
 
I took a deep breath and braced myself as I approached her.
 
It didn't take long for the other idols around her to notice me approaching.
 
My eyes didn't wander. I was concentrating on her before I lose all my confidence.
 
"Uh, hi?" 
 
"Hello..." She answered.
 
I could feel the heat creeping up my face but it was now or never.
 
"I know this is sudden but can I ask you to dinner?"
 

Surprised? 

Who do you think is rhe mystery girl?

You have another clue either SM or JYP.

Tell me what you think!

Taemin is still not making an appearance like I promised you guys...

It's my fault... forgot all about it since I was in hiatus...

Updating soon^^