Bam! pt. 2

Forget Our Memories

005.2: BAM!

 

==MINHO==

 

Today was the day, we were to celebrate for another record broken with our newly released compilation album. Our management, SM Entertainment, has reserved and organized a private party where seniors, as well as rookies and other people related to the entertainment industry were to be invited. We were already on the way to the party, dressed on expensive suits after a regular schedule.

 

In all honesty, most of us weren’t enthusiastic on attending even if it was for us. In my opinion, it was only Jonghyun and Taemin who were excited about it; probably because they have dates while the rest of us are basically ‘DATELESS’.

 

It didn’t take long before we arrived at the congratulatory party. As usual, there were a lot of fans and paparazzi waiting outside to get the inside scoop on who’s going to be invited. Screams were deafening as soon as the people waiting realized it was us, ‘SHINee’, the main star of the event who just arrived. Me and the rest of the group had our idol smiles automatically plastered on our faces and charmingly waved at the crowd before going inside.  

                                                                                            

The event looked great inside and out. Celebrities were all over the place, chatting with everyone they know. Music filled the place. You could even feel the beat pulsing on your skin. Everyone was having fun and I was too, but only for a short while. It looked like having no female companions really isn’t a good idea when attending parties especially when your other friends brought one and those who were single were somewhere in the crowd having fun by themselves. Poor me.

 

I’m sounding like a grumpy old man when clearly, I am a healthy young man, just grumbling over being dateless and bored. It was to be expected. I wasn’t the most exciting person when it comes socializing. I, Choi Minho was known to be the most reserved and mysterious in the group. That fact hasn’t changed even up to this date especially whenever I’m not comfortable.

 

“Nothing changed” I said to myself. Same old. Same old. Celebrities talking about nothing except how tiring it is to be an entertainer or gossiping about other celebrities.

 

A sigh escaped my breath. As anticipated, Jonghyun hyung and Taemin abandoned me and the rest for their dates as soon as we find seats for ourselves. They were pretty much hyped up that they just went their own way without warning us. Onew hyung, Key and I were left to entertain ourselves. Even our manager left us to go around and mingle.

 

All three of us sat silently and kept quiet about a minute or two. Jinwoon from 2AM came and dragged Key hyung away. Not long after, Daesung sunbae from Big Bang approached our table and talked us for a bit. He was holding a bottle of beer in his hands and talked to us animatedly. He wasn’t really drunk but kinda act a little like one. Onew hyung had to drag him away after he saw a change with my expression which clearly express my uneasiness.

 

All of a sudden, I was alone with nothing but an empty table in front of me.

 

With nothing else interesting to do, I suddenly had the urged for a drink. I stood up and headed for the bar.

 

It was empty, coincidentally. There was no one else except for a female bartender, busy cleaning glasses.

 

I sat comfortably on one of the seats and called her attention. “Scotch”

 

~~

 

It started with a drink and then it became a conversation. Somehow, her presence felt familiar. Normally, I wouldn’t even answer strangers with more than a word or two, or better yet, persisting to maintain a conversation with a woman. I can be comfortable with the ones I’m close with like SNSD noonas.

 

Of course, the night wouldn’t end without the other members spoiling the only good thing I have for the night. Onew-hyung interrupted my conversation with the bartender with an intention of embarrassing me. The night wouldn’t be complete without the other 3 making the situation worse.

 

I know they were just happy that after a long time of avoiding conversations with women, I made an effort to strike a conversation.

 

My face burned up a little from the humiliation they’ve brought when they came into the scene. This is the first time they’ve got excited for me that Jonghyun unintentionally reminded me of HER. Key scolded him just like he always do whenever dinosaur gets carried away.

 

When Jonghyun-hyung brought the subject up, there was still a sting to my wounded heart. No matter how long my story with her has passed, the wound inflicted on my heart was still fresh. I could only look away from them to hide the discomfort I have from the matter.

 

It was a good thing that Onew and Taemin diverted the topic. Taemin even tried a cheeky move on a noona in front of his hyungs. I know his aegyo is a powerful weapon to any woman in sight, so I decided to play with him. “You’re stealing Noona, aren’t you?”

 

His cheeks flared red as a tomato. He was so flustered that he kept stuttering. It was a funny reaction to see from our maknae; to think that he already has a date and he was unconsciously flirting with other women. Truthfully, his date has nothing to be afraid of. Taemin is a good guy and I as a friend of his for a long time, knows that he will be faithful to any girl he would fall in love with. Being too kind and welcoming to women is his personality. It’s just the way he is and Jonghyun-hyung is much worse than he is when it comes to women. He’s very kind to women that there would a point where it was usually mistaken as a personal interest. That’s why he’s known to be the ‘Noona Killer’ – no matter what he does, he gets most fans because of this so-called charm that he has.

 

I don’t know why these guys decided to spend their time here instead of mingling with the others. I’m definitely clueless on what came to their minds and thought it would be nice to kill time with me in this bar. I mean, this bar isn’t the only place they can hang out. If they needed a refill on their drinks, they could just call one of the waiters and they would gladly comply. But they came in my silent sanctuary for the night.

 

I’m not complaining about their presence even though sometimes I get sick of it. It’s not something to get mad about, but seeing their faces everyday for 6 years, it’s possible that there would be a moment where you would get annoyed. It was bound to feel that way at some point.

 

Setting that aside; my hyungs, me, and not to forget the youngest were all wasting our time in this bar along with a masked bartender whom we started to have a conversation about love. Thanks to our youngest, Taemin.

 

When Taemin asked ‘Have you ever been in love’ and ‘How did it feel’, she never gave me an impression that she has such experience about love. I know she had a serious outlook in life just by the way she refused to give her name when I asked her. She was cautious especially to us celebrities. This woman never attempted to make advances on anyone for fame. It seems like she was contented living without any spotlight unlike some people.

 

At first, she answered Taemin’s question nonchalantly with ‘It’s just like how the young one feels when in love’. Our noona-killer whined at how easily she answered his question without sincerity on it. Taemin then, persisted her to answer how it felt like for her.  I thought she would answer how sweet it felt like experiencing young love. But just like the first time, we received a different answer.

 

BITTER SWEET.

 

Her story somewhat gave me a connection to her. The only difference is that I was the one left behind and she died before I could even try to take her back. Even though it was a little different, the pain we experience for losing the ones we cherished a lot was the same. The very same.

 

Also, by her words, it made me wonder if Ji Eun’s perception of love was the same: Loving someone to the point that if sacrificing your love, your happiness just to give the happiness your love one deserves, you will be willing to give it up.

 

Even now, it still feels fresh.

 

Because of what the lady answered, I couldn’t help myself but to ask her too. “Don’t you think he’s hurting too?”

 

Her eyes wandered on the glasses she had been cleaning awhile ago before she answered. She was fully aware of the consequences of letting go and regretted her decision. No matter which side you were on, someone was bound to be hurt. It may be one-sided or both.

 

Key asked how was the this beloved guy doing and she answered with a small smile on her lips that he was successful in the career that he has chosen. And even for that, she was truly happy. Just by the look at that smile, I could never deny that she spoke true to her heart.

 

We also asked her if she was given a chance to go back to together with this guy, would she take the chance and do so. Her answer stung like a torn from a rose.

 

She said that she can’t take the chance. Her fear of getting hurt dominated her. The risk of experiencing the same pain all over again looked like a harsh punishment just by the way her lips trembled.

 

“Then don’t hurt each other” Theses words couldn’t help escape my lips. My eyes avoided any contact with hers and my friends. The words she said hurt me as if I was hoping she could give it a chance. For some unknown reason I want her to her happy ending with this stranger I never even met.

 

“You know it’s not that easy” Yes. I am fully aware how hard it is to avoid getting hurt by the ones we cherish the most.

 

Somewhere deep inside me, the words she spoke straight from her heart connected with mine. And because of this subconsciously, I wanted to get to know her. I wanted to see her face beneath the mask covering her mysterious face. I suddenly had the desire to be closer to her. Slowly, because of this too familiar feeling of attraction, I grew afraid of this realization.

 

As I was wallowing with this discovery, my foolish friends suggested that I and this mysterious lady was a perfect match. We had similar experiences about love. Jonghyun who foolishly thought of this idea forgot about my dislike on anything related to match-making. My other co-members took the initiative to stop from doing any further damage to my emotional health.

 

All of them, after a few moments left the bar. They gave their proper courtesies to our lady friend for the night before leaving and continued with their own business. While, I, remained on my seat for a few minutes longer and looked at her masked face. In my mind, I tried to picture how she looked like without the mask on. I’m not sure what’s happening to me. Normally, I wouldn’t even look to a girl’s face more than necessary but with her, it’s just different. When I realized I was beginning to be rude, I unwillingly stood up from my sit and bowed before leaving. Judging on how I was acting towards her, I couldn’t trust what was going on with my heart.

 

I was getting eerily confused.

 

~~~

 

The event was a success. Everyone enjoyed the party. I, too did have my own share of fun.

 

When the party was finished, Onew hyung suggested that we should stay behind for a little while. The management gave us permission but we could only stay for a little while since we still have schedules later that day. So, for the next 50 minutes, we spent our time catching up with each other’s lives. It might be surprising for other people but although we are all living in the same dorm unit, once we arrive in our dorm, all we could do was eat, sleep and rest. By the time we finished our schedules, all of us were too tired to start a conversation to each other. A lot of things may have changed on how things are going in SME but the one thing that haven’t changed is the hectic schedules and seasons with a lot of sleepless nights.

 

Jonghyun slumped his body on one of the leather seats that was placed in sets on the club. Key sat on the chair across him while the others which included me, took relaxed our worn out bodies on the vacant seats available. All of us were tired from all the mingling and mindless dancing at one point. There a time during the party where I couldn’t escape my friends invitation to join them. I knew that I shouldn’t act like a fool and gave in to having fun myself.

 

Our most innocent member, Taemin raised his arms and fully rested his back on the chair in content. “Ah… This is so much fun! I can’t wait for another one!” A smile was drawn on his face and it seemed that smile of his wouldn’t be leaving anytime soon.

 

Our leader, Onew couldn’t help himself but give our youngest a reminder about his recent ‘adventure’ during the party. “Oi! Maknae be careful what you wish for. You know what happens when we have a lot of parties like this; You get carried away and forget. Thank goodness your date doesn’t like ‘public displays-’”

 

Apparently, Taemin couldn’t stop himself from being too touchy with his date, Coco. It was a such a blessing that his date knows how the public reacts to such openness that she herself tries to be discrete as much as possible.

 

“Okay! I get it! No need for a sermon, D.A.D.” Taemin, rolled his eyes at Onew hyung’s never ending reminders of good manners in public.

 

“You know Taemin, no matter how many years would pass, I think that you’re still too young in our eyes.” Key joined Onew with their usual parental concerns. He reached out to Taemin and grabbed his cheeks and squeezed them hard “Aigoo! I worry a lot about our baby”

 

Taemin squirmed in pain and tried to stop Key’s motherly ways towards him. Ever since fans has established Key being the ‘Umma’ of the group, he can’t seem to avoid being one. He is straight though but the motherly instincts just kick in whenever it was about our youngest member, Taemin.

 

“Not again Key-hyung! Please stop acting too much like a mother to Taemin. No wonder why a lot of people ask about your uality.” It was happening again. Key just can’t get his hands off to Taemin and because of my protectiveness over the youngest, I had to -in.

 

“I should say the same to you, MINHO.” Key’s attention went to me. “Your protectiveness over the youngest created ‘2MIN’ coupling and still remains strong even after all these years. Plus, you still remain to be single. You refused any potential advances in a relationship! It should be me who should question your preferences ” He defeated me there. Key had always had been insightful among us. But I still have a few weapons to use against him. I guess the inner Minho in me has risen because of what he just said.

 

I had a devious smile on my face when I found the perfect comeback to hit him right on his face. “Like you aren’t! Those girlish moves plus the strongest coupling of all, ‘JONGKEY’. I wonder why Sekyung Noona still hasn’t warned you to stay away from her hubby”

 

Onew and Taemin looked baffled at my last comeback to Key. Even Key, who looked just like he won just a moment ago, couldn’t utter a word. I know it was childish of me, but I got carried away. This was supposed to be a joke but clearly I may heated things up unconsciously. Blame it to my undeniable competitiveness. I smiled in victory in hand.

 

“Oi! Stop that both of you! These childish bickering is making my head hurt!” Jonghyun hyung interrupted us as he massaged his temples. “And there has never been a ‘JONGKEY MOMENT’ ever since Sekyung and I got together” He defended.

 

Onew walked up to Jonghyun and patted him on the shoulder before saying, “Trust me Jonghyun when I say that you and Key do it unconsciously.”

 

“Where’s Onew’s Sangtae when you need it?” Key sighed.

 

“Sorry if my sangtae is currently inactive for the time being” Onew playfully rolled his eyes and went back to where he sat earlier.

 

Taemin looked like he was enjoying himself with a new rivalry in place. “Now, it’s ONEW hyung V.S. Key hyung” He gave our hyungs a smile and watched as if he was watching a TV show. Not long after, I, too, enjoyed the scene in front of me. Everyone of us would join the senseless bickering from time to time, attacking anyone they think they could defeat.

 

We didn’t notice that it was already pass the free time given to us. It was only when our manager came and told us. “Hate to break to you guys, but we have to go. You need to get some sleep. ”

 

“Me too! I don’t want to be seen with those hideous bags under my eyes” Our diva-slash-mother got up from his seat and stretched.

 

“Wonder what ‘my baby’ is doing?” Jonghyun muttered out aloud before following the rest of us.

 

Everyone heard what he just said unconsciously tried to control their laughter including our manager. I had to avoid looking at his face to stop myself from laughing aloud. It’s just that whenever Jonghyun hyung uses that nickname, he meant Sekyung noona. He has been a love-struck puppy ever since he and noona got back together just recently. His relationship with Sekyung noona was not always smooth but luckily for the both of them, they were able to conquer those obstacles which had made their relationship stronger. It was evident how much hyung loves her, his frequen blabbering simply tells the rest of us how much he loves his girlfriend. Maybe that’s why Lee Soo Man never bothered to remind him about the risks of having a relationship in the industry. Love is stubborn enough to be blind on anything unpleasant. In addition to that, they had always been careful.

 

It took him a minute before he realized he just spoke aloud. His face heated up and looked elsewhere. “Damn… I did it again, didn’t I?”

 

“You sure did.” Manager hyung replied teasingly.

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

When we went outside, it was only then that we realized that it had been raining for quite some time. The road was completely wet. We didn’t have anything to cover ourselves from the rain and the van was a few meters away from us.

 

“Great!” Key voiced out with sarcasm. “We’re gonna get soaked!”

 

“Well boys we just have to rush towards the van and get over it” Manager hyung told us before rushing towards the van.

 

It’s not only Key who dislikes the rain. In fact, all of us has a certain degree of dislike of rain. For one thing, it’s really bad for us to get sick and getting injured. Getting sick especially in the middle of promotions or before a big event is really a bummer. Sometimes, we have force ourselves to attend to our schedules no matter how bad our bodies felt. I had done it numerous times and so as the rest of the group. I could still remember the time when Onew hyung once fell on the stairs back on the dorm that delayed our original debut. He was so angry at himself for being careless and SME was clearly unhappy about it.

 

Even though Key was a little older than me by a couple of months, he still acts childish and definitely like a ‘diva’. His face was scrunched up his nose, clearly telling us he disliked the idea of rushing in the rain.

 

“It’s not like we’re gonna get sick or anything, just this once.” Taemin assured our distressful hyung. We thought he was worried about his health, but it seems we were entirely wrong about that.

 

“Why does it have to happen when I’m wearing something I really like?!” he pointed on his clothes.

 

I think he cares more about his clothes than his well being for that matter. The clothes he’s wearing right now was currently his favourite out of the outfits chosen for him by our stylists. It looks like he’s afraid that the rain would somehow do some damage to his clothes, which was a little over the top. He really does love his clothes. I never thought being a fashion icon can be so much of a burden to a person.

 

“Stop thinking about your clothes getting ruined and focus on how much time left we have for our precious sleep” Jonghyun hyung’s mood had a major turn-over. Maybe just thinking about how many hours of sleep were left made him a little cranky. He wasn’t the only one who wanted to sleep as much as possible.

 

Key’s facial expression changed a little. “Hyung’s right though. It’s just rain so stop whining” I patted him on the shoulder, trying to convince him too.

 

“I thought you cared a lot about you having those unattractive eye bags” Onew joined in.

 

He reluctantly gave in to us. “Fine. Fine. I’m going without an umbrella. Happy now?” A loud sigh was heard from him and gave us a defeated look.

 

“Yes” We all beamed to him.

 

The car’s engine was heard and we all rushed out in the rain shielding ourselves with our jackets. It was a pretty useless attempt judging how much rain was falling. Our clothes were damped with rain water, even our shoes were soaking wet.

 

Onew hyung sat beside our manger while the rest of sat rested comfortable on the available seats.

 

“Great! Now even my under-clothes ARE RUINED!” It was no one else but no other than Key and his glorious outburst.

 

Everyone one in the van ignored him except for the youngest. Taemin has always been like that. He couldn’t help himself but sympathize on anyone who was in a bad day.

 

“Oh! Which of you guys are free this week for a radio show together with the Dong Bang hyungs?” Onew suddenly remembered.

 

My phone suddenly vibrated from my pocket. I reached out for it and looked at the screen. It was some notice from the phone company.

 

My brows went up a little bit. That sure was an odd time for an SMS from a phone company to send notices.

 

“Oi Minho!” Onew called my attention.

 

“huh? What?” I asked.

 

“I said do you wanna come?”

 

“Come where?” I literally forgot about what he was telling us awhile ago.

 

“RADIO SHOW with DBSK” Key filled in for me. I could tell from his tone that he was getting annoyed about the short replies I was giving.

 

“DONG BANG SHIN KI?” Are my ears working correctly? I thought they’re busy with preparations with a tour around Southeast Asia.

 

Even our manager lost his patience at me. “Yes, Minho. Is there any other Dong Bang Shin Ki?”

 

“Sure Thing!”

 

“Silly me. Why did I have to ask?” Our leader, Onew only shook his head as he remembered a fact about me.

 

“We know how much you love to spend time with the Sunbaes rather than with us” Jonghyun dramatically said aloud.

 

My face went beet red. The others couldn’t help but chuckle at that known fact about me. That’s why fans had dubbed me as a ‘Hyung Collector’. I have tendencies to keep a close relationship with everyone older than me.

 

“Onew hyung, Can I come?” Taemin asked hopefully.

 

“Taeminnie… I’m sorry but you can’t. You have a full schedule ahead of you” Manager hyung informed the maknae.

 

“Not fair.”

 

“Sorry Kiddo. Maybe next time.”

 

“How about you Jonghyun?”

 

“Can’t. I am unavailable all week. Sooman Sunbaenim is asking everyone from SM the Ballad to participate on an OST for an upcoming drama that would feature a lot of the SME talents. ”

 

“Key?”

 

“Sorry but I’m full this week too. Taemin and I will be showing up a lot in different variety shows. The management wants us to show a relaxed image of us these days on public.”

 

“So… Minho is the only one available other than me?” Our leader concluded.

 

Everyone nodded in confirmation.

 

Our manager, who was seated at the front looked back at us. “You guys set?”

 

“Yup” We all answered.

 

I just realized that I was still holding on to my phone. I got distracted by Onew’s question that I kept my phone on my hand. Upon realizing, I returned the phone on my pocket, where it was awhile ago. My other hand felt up my other pocket.

 

Oh No! It’s not there.

 

Manager-hyung started the engine. “Ok, if there’s nothing else you need to do guys, we’ll be going”

 

My heart went erratic. Just before we went out I was sure that it was still there. This can’t be!

 

“Wait Hyungnim!” I stopped our manager.

 

“Forgot something?” he asked.

 

I checked under my seat and it wasn’t there. “I lost it”

 

The guys looked at me, confused. “Lost what?”

 

“You know what it is!” My mind was going haywire that I got annoyed. My hands ruffled my neatly styled hair thinking where it could be.

 

The look on Jonghyun hyung’s face changed. He was the first to realize what I meant. “Yah Minho, don’t tell me you brought it with you.”

 

“Of course I did. I always have it with me”

 

“Maybe you left it inside?” Taemin thought.

 

I tried controlling my tone. It was very hard to keep myself calmed down. “No I didn’t. I was sure that it was still in my pocket before we got out from the club”

 

“Then, that left us one possibility.” Onew had his hand on his chin. “It probably fell when we were running under the rain”

 

Without any thought, I opened the door. I had to find it. My urge to sleep vanished and was replaced by my desperation to find the only thing that kept me strong.

 

“Minho, What are you doing?” A hand held me by the shoulder. It was Key hyung’s.

 

“What else? I’m gonna look for it.”

 

“It’s raining” he reasoned out.

 

“So?” I didn’t care anymore and gave him a cold shoulder. Judging by the look on his face he was mad for my stubbornness.

 

The hyungs wanted to stop me but they all knew too well. No one could stop me when it comes to her.

 

I got out from the car and looked at the road ahead of me. I retraced the path I ran to when we were rushing towards the van. My eyes scanned my path and I used my phone to light the road as much as possible. My clothes were heavy because of the rain and I was starting to shiver. The night was cold. I mean, really cold. But that didn’t stop me.

 

After looking nonstop, I finally found it. I could feel my heart sigh in relief.

 

It was still intact. My hand reached out for it and placed the cold metal on my palm.

 

Ji Eun’s necklace. Actually it was a ring along with a chain she chose. I gave her the ring as a 100-day anniversary gift. She preferred to wear it as a necklace rather than wearing it on her finger. I once asked her before why not wear it as it was supposed to be and save herself from the hassle of buying a chain that would complement the ring. She answered me that the chain and the ring would represent us; I was the ring and she was the chain. Plus, Ji Eun was afraid that she might take it off and forget where she left it. She doesn’t want to take the chance of losing my gift to her.

 

That was before she left.

 

“Minho! Watch out!” Someone from the van shouted.

 

I whipped my head at their direction and saw them pointing behind me.

 

I already knew what was about to come. Even with an athletic body like mine, it was already too late for me. I could only hope that when it hits me, I would survive.

 

Three.

 

Two.

 

O-

 

A loud screech was heard.

 

I closed my eyes waiting for the horrendous event to happen.

 

Bam!

 

The next thing I knew I was slammed and fell lying on my back on the concrete floor. I couldn’t see anything. I had my eyes closed. I feared that I would see what the accident had done to me.

 

The car speeding earlier halted to a stop.

 

Pain. That was the first thing that I felt, but it wasn’t what I imagined it to be. Shouldn’t it be excruciating or better yet I should have out upon impact and not conscious as I am now?

 

Instead, I felt fine. I could move my fingers, arms, legs.

 

Then I felt something move over me. It was only afterward that I came to realize that I wasn’t hit by the car. Someone crashed onto me. And it hurts.

 

Finally, I had the courage to open my eyes. I opened them slowly. What came to view, was a body of a woman. My hands reached out and assisted her.

 

There were some parts of my body and I’m not sure where, that felt tender. Fortunately, I was able to sit up and she too was able to sit up.

 

She was shaking pretty badly. I couldn’t see her face because of her hair covering most of it.

 

“Are you okay?” It came out more of a groan than a question as I moved toward her. My back hurt from the fall.

 

The woman in front of didn’t say anything, but instead I could hear her sobbing.

 

My instincts came in and checked if she had any injuries.

 

“Minho!”

 

“Hyung!”

 

“Dongsaeng!”

 

I almost forgot about them. They all rushed towards me. Manager hyung immediately dialled his phone and called the management. He was probably waiting for instructions.

 

Someone suddenly shook me. “Minho speak to us!” I think it was Jonghyun hyung.

 

“You’re hurting me, hyung”

 

He pulled me into an embrace, forgetting that I am still hurt. “Hy-ung” I choked out. His tight embrace was making it hard to breathe.

 

“Sorry”

 

Key looked distraught and forgot about his worries. Taemin was terrified and couldn’t stop himself from trembling.

 

Onew hyung then approached my savior and looked at her in concern. “Miss, Are you alright? Can you move?” Her tears were identical to the rain. She still didn’t speak a word to us and kept on crying.

 

All of them were worried about me and the woman just a short time ago saved me from what may have been the worst moment of my life.

 

I was lost in the sea of worries about her when our manager approached me to take a look at my injuries.

 

“So far, I think it’s nothing serious. Just a few bruises” There was a visible relief from the tone of his voice.

 

After that, he attended to her.

 

She flinched when his skin came in contact to hers. It was only then, that she got out from her trance and tried to stand up. She managed to stop crying though she was breathing heavily. Onew hyung held her arm to steady her as she balanced herself.

 

A small whimper escaped her lips when she attempted to stand on both feet.

 

My concerned hyung attempted to take a look at her injury but she refused him. She kneeled on one knee and looked at her injury. Her hands reached out for the end of her pants and slowly rolled it up. I couldn’t help but gasped the moment I saw the wound she received as she saved me.

 

Even the other members reacted with full concern on her.

 

“Come on. Let’s get you guys to the hospital” Manager hyung told us.

 

Key and Jonghyun helped me out while Taemin assisted her together with Onew.

 

“It’s okay. I’m fine” That was the first time she spoke anything. She pried both Taemin and Onew’s hands off her.

 

Her balance was a little wobbly but she managed to stand by herself.

 

It was familiar.

 

“Miss Bartender?” I asked.

 

She didn’t deny it. It was a surprise.

 

“I’m fine” she pressed on.

 

“Clearly, you’re not. You’re bleeding Noona!” Taemin’s hand were firm on her arm.

 

We were still under the rain. Freezing ourselves.

 

“I can go by myself.” She was stubborn to refuse the ride with us.

 

“It’s faster if you come with us” Key persuaded.

 

“Please” her voice pleaded.

 

Our manager sighed and approached her once again. I saw her unconsciously take a step back.

 

“Are you really sure about this?” manager hyung looked at her seriously.

 

“I am.” Her voice was firm but shaking.

 

“We should at least call a cab for you.”

 

“Thank you” She bowed.

 

“No. We should be the ones thanking you for saving Minho”

 

“It’s nothing.” She replied quietly.

 

We waited inside the van.

 

Everyone made room for her and we tried to make ourselves warm. I sat next to her but not touching. She was shivering from being soaked in the rain and yet she remained silent about it, enduring the cold. She breathe on her hands to warm them and rubbed her arms with them. It was hard to watch her suffering. On impulse, I took a jacket from one of the bags for me and draped it over her shoulder. She looked at me but still I could see her eyes because of her hair. No words came out from though, she gave me a warm smile.

 

It was a smile that pulled something deep inside me.

 

Taemin and Jonghyun observed us silently.

 

She was different when we were talking a couple of hours ago at the party. Right now, she felt distant and vulnerable. Plus, she kept her face hidden with her bangs.

 

Manager hyung left us a for a minute and rushed on a convenience store for a first aid kit. He then, asked Key for assistance and tended on the bartender’s wound. It was visible that it hurts. She unconsciously clung onto me whenever they pressed the bandage on her wound.

 

By the time the cab arrived, it had stopped raining. The driver apologized because of the delay.

 

“Please call if you need anything” Our manager handed her a business card.

 

She nodded mechanically and was about to enter the cab when she saw me watching her intently.

 

I walked up to her and pulled her into an embrace without caution. “Thank you for saving me.” She was taken aback but I was relieved that she didn’t push me away. I hugged her longer than necessary before letting her go and led her inside the cab.

 

We waited for the cab to depart before setting out to a nearby hospital.

 

When the doctor examined my injuries and listened to what happened, he told me that I was lucky. I only had a few bruises and a large contusion on my right shoulder because of the fall. If that woman haven’t slammed herself onto me, the least injury I would have would be a broken rib. It could have cost me my whole career.

 

We thanked the doctor and paid the bill. The management called back our manager and gave all of us a 2-day break. It also been a traumatic experience for the other members.

 

“I’m sorry. I made you guys worried about me again.”I bowed to them. “I’m sorry too, manager hyung” I bowed even lower.

 

He patted my head.“ You gave me a heart-attack there.” He breathe deeply. “Good thing you’re still in one piece” This time he hugged me with one arm. He was like a real brother to all of us.

 

“Let’s go home” I smiled. But, there was a part of me wondering how is the woman who saved me doing now.

 

We all have forgotten about the vehicle that could have taken my life. As far as we’re concerned the reckless driver won’t be bothering us anymore.


 

Sorry guys for the long wait.

I got sick during the christmas holidays then the worst thing happened, we weren't able to pay our bills.

I know this isn't a good excuse.

Hope this chapter would make up for the delay!

Tell me what you think! And thanks for supporting me!

BTW,  this is the longest update I've ever written 6,000 +

I'm also in progress of updating the other 2 fics including the oneshot...