Truths.

Forget Our Memories

Truths.


 

------Haejin---------

 

I looked at the mirror and saw myself but there was something different about me.

 

Ever since that day when I told Sooman the truth about, I can see something changed in me.

 

I felt better, as if I could breathe a little easier.

 

It seems that the saying, “the truth shall set you free” was true. I no longer fear every little thing when I do something and I sleep better nowadays. It’s been so long since I’ve slept properly. My relationship with Minho might have helped, considering privately things were looking good for us. I might be publicly going out with my friend, Nichkhun but we know better. After all, there was only one person who has owned my heart.

 

I smiled at myself and liked the expression I saw in front of the mirror.

 

Hopefully, my smile will stay after my meeting with JYP. Sooman will be there and I’ll know what my fate will be.

 

He texted me just before I go into the office.

 

Minho: I wish I was there. I love you.

 

Me: Me, too. I wish you were. Don’t worry, I can handle it.

 

I answered back before turning my phone off. I didn’t want to see what he would reply. I was nervous about this meeting.

 

Both of my bosses, Sooman and JYP, were already waiting inside. I bowed and greeted them.

 

Sooman nodded in acknowledgement while JYP greeted me with a hug. It was stiff but mainly because I was beginning to get nervous.

 

JYP seemed to be in a good mood despite the meeting being called so suddenly. He sat comfortably on the couch that was designed like a living room space in the office. It made the room a little homey and lot less hostile. Sooman did the same while I sat up straight, with my hands on my lap.

 

He gestured to me to speak and I did, wanting to get over the fear and nervousness once and for all. “Before I tell you why I asked to meet you, I just want you to know JYP-nim, that I’m sorry for everything. I only wanted to live normally as I could. I’m really sorry in advance.”

 

My boss frowned but nodded. “Haejin, speak your mind and we’ll know if you need to be sorry or not. We’ll go from there.”

 

Swallowing my nervousness, I began. “As you know couple of years ago, my parents died of a plane crash along with my sister Jieun. What I didn’t tell you that my sister wasn’t supposed to be there. I was the one who should have been on that plane.

 

“I lied when I said I didn’t have a training experience before. I was a trainee at SM Entertainment before and I didn’t tell you this fact because it would reveal the truth about my past. I was formerly known as Park Jieun.”

 

“Park Jieun. Isn’t that your sister’s name? How could you be Jieun when it was confirmed that she was on the plane.”

 

“It was her real name to begin with. We’re identical twins and our family was a bit complicated back then. We were about to fix that relationship and let my sister replace me. Then the crash happened. They died and I survived. I was barely out of my teens and orphaned. I was scared on what to do and decided to live quietly. Grief and guilt was all I could bear that time….”

 

I continued my tale, filling in the remaining years I spent studying and living for the past couple of years before I got accepted as a dancer at JYPE.

 

From the expression on JYP’s face, he was in shock. He wasn’t expecting the revelation I dumped on him.

 

I was fully aware that he could drop me and sue me. He was a powerful man and I am nothing without his support. It scares me now that my two bosses know everything and they’re forced to make a decision from it.  

 

The entertainment industry has dropped people for far less ‘scandal-worthy’ issues. I’m just a bit relieved that he wasn’t shouting at me like I expected Sooman before.

 

It was the only comfort I had for myself.

 

A long silence followed when I finished my story. Sooman kept his gaze on JYP, letting the man lead as he was the one who discovered me. He had an unreadable expression that scared me even when I still a SM trainee.

 

JYP breathed in deep and clasped his fingers together in front of him. He closed his eyes and then touched the back of his head as if in deep thought. I kept quiet and patiently waited for him to speak. I fear that if I spoke, he’ll really sue me.

 

My heart felt like someone was gripping my heart on their hands, making it hard to me to breathe properly. It felt like forever when he broke the silence.

 

He finally opened his eyes and dropped hand and clasped them together again while looking at me seriously. “This changes a lot of things dear. I can’t imagine how hard it is for you losing a family at such a young age.”

 

Even though I’ve given him and Sooman a burden with my confession, he gave me his sympathy at the loss of my family. It may have happened years ago, but the pain although dulled was still there.

 

“I understand. I only came here to tell the truth. I’m not expecting you to let the matter go because of my past. I just hope you understand why I did it.” My voice cracked a little, warning me that I was about to cry. It took a lot of willpower to stop the tears from spilling out.

 

“With everything you told me, you’re becoming a risky investment Haejin-ah. Not everyone likes risks even for people such as me and Sooman. You understand?”

 

My heart constricted. Was he telling me that he’ll terminate my contract already? Has he made a decision?

 

My eyes widened and nodded believing that he was going to decide right then and there.

 

He suddenly reached for my hand and held it like a fatherly figure. A tear fell from one eye, as the thought of being dropped become more and more of a real possibility.

 

Even though I have accepted the possibility of being dropped, there was still a part of me unwilling to part with the life I have made for myself. I still worked hard for it, endured the long hours, and enjoyed the experience and company of the people I have met. I have dreamt being an artist most of my life. To have it taken away will hurt for sure.

 

“Right now isn’t the time to make a decision. I’m sure Sooman has things to say to me and we have a lot to discuss before we could make the final decision. But whatever it is, I hope it’s for the best.” The way he spoke to me, made me feel like he was my father. I could see that he cared for his artists and it touched me that he was willing to give more thought to his decision.

 

“What happens now?” I asked quietly, wiping the tear away from my face.

 

This time it was Sooman who spoke.“For the time being, you will resume your activities and will speak to no one about the issue. But I think Minho knows about this?”

 

A slight blush bloomed from my cheeks when I said yes.

 

He almost rolled his eyes but refrained probably because of me. “That boy…” he muttered.

 

“You’re Minho? Why would he- Is he the boy involved in a scandal a few years back about a trai- “ JYP was a little confused and slowly connected the dots. He turned his attention to me and raised both his brows in surprise. “Don’t tell me you’re the girl that man has been pining for years.”

 

“JYP~” I whined in embarrassment, not liking the idea of my bosses knowing about my love life. I know it was their right in order to protect their artists but it was still downright embarrassing.

 

--Minho—

It has been hours since Haejin had the meeting with JYP and Sooman. My hand has been itching to get my phone and dial her number, asking her what happened. The thought was tempting but I thought she needed the time for herself.

 

Her days have a little been crazy juggling with her schedule and the mental and emotional torment of how to tell the bosses the truth about her.

 

I couldn’t help but sigh, silently praying that she’s alright.

 

Besides her, I had my own issues to settle.

 

Suzy.

 

From the all the years I’ve held back, I questioned myself why I decided to try and date. Thinking back, it was because I saw Jieun’s face who later revealed to be the girl I liked all those years ago.

 

My head hurts just thinking about the lashing I’ll receive from Suzy. I don’t think anyone will be happy to hear from the guy they’re dating that he doesn’t like her anymore because he fell for someone else.  I didn’t like being seen as a player because I’m not!

 

I rolled my eyes and groaned. “I hate myself right now.” With Suzy being the first girl I dated after a couple of years, I was totally out of practice. Breaking up wasn’t my strongest suit which I am proud of but hated to do.

 

 

I had to say it but I am happy that she’s not that nice. But I wouldn’t blame her for acting that way. I did lead her on without meaning to.

 

I would have regret my decision but now that I’ve seen her real self, I am relieved I ended the almost relationship this early.

 

The Miss A idol was away from some schedule and I don’t think she’ll be available to meet for the next few days. She told me the last time we talked in person.

 

As much as I hated it, I decided to break it off on the phone. It will make me look like a jerk as much as I hated it but I didn’t want her to feel like she’d been played longer than necessary.

 

When I dialed the phone, she was quick to answer. Her voice sounded sweet and I am sure any guy would be lucky to hear that voice all the time, but I wasn’t the guy for her. I hoped that she wouldn’t hate me for it.

 

“I don’t think I could continue dating you Suzy.” I told her honestly, not wanting to drag the call further for both our sakes.

 

She didn’t speak and I continued, finishing any doubts and questions in her mind.

 

“There’s another girl.”I admitted. “I’m sorry.”

 

As soon as I apologized, her temper flared.

 

“Should I be surprised?”She scoffed. “You men are all the same.” Suzy huffed before ending the call by calling me names. I cringed on every one of them she called me. It was my first time being called a heartless jerk among other undesirable names.

 

Being hang up on should upset me but honestly, I felt relieved it was all over.

 

 

----Sooman & JYP -----

 

Skye left the office quietly, leaving the two partners of Dream Entertainment to talk.

 

JYP took out his hidden stash of liquor and placed it on the table. He thought it was appropriate to have one considering the things that had been said in the office just a few minutes ago.

 

He served his own drink and chugged the whole glass down. The warm harsh liquid went down his throat and he felt good.

 

Sooman also served his own drink but drank with finesse. It was probably because he’d been told a few days ago. The man had more time to calm himself.

 

“It’s amazing isn’t it? How a girl like her managed to live all these years pretending or whatever you call it.”The representative of SM said.

 

It made JYP chuckled and poured again in his glass. “I have always thought she was something.”

 

When he first saw Skye in her audition, she was full of passion and potential. She was talented and unique in her own way.

 

“The question now is…what are we going to do with her?”

 

He shrugged and drank his drink more slowly than the first time.“You know the drill… we check the finances and then deliberate. Standard procedure.”

 

“With that girl? Is there such thing as standard procedure?” Sooman laughed and shook his head, finishing his drink.

 

JYP snorted looking at his colleague. “Nope. Not one thing. She’ll make the headlines for weeks if this goes out to the public. She’ll be a media circus.”

 

“I’m sure if that happens, we still hold enough influence to put a lid on it.”

 


(Good Evening / Good Morning / Good Afternoon) my readers.

For sure I'm not the only one wanting this whole drama with Minho and Haejin sorted out~

All I can say is thank you for reading and waiting.

You guys know how much of a bad updater I am and I'm still glad that you guys still tolerate me^^

LOVE YOU GUYS~