[Chapter Intro] Welcome to Seoul Korea!

Hugs and Kisses

~Hi everyone! This is my very first fanfic. I have read many great fanfics on this site and one day decide to write one! Lol. I don't know alot of Korean at all, so if you can please help me! So sorry if the chapter intro doesn't make much sense, it will later so bear with me! Thanks and happy reading.~

 

 

 August 24, 2010   8: 36 pm

"Welcome to Seoul Korea ____ -ah! This is our new home!" My uncle exclaimed merrily as he opened the door to our new home.

"Ugh. I'm so tired of going to SO many new homes sam-chon!" My 12 year old sister complained.

" Aww, isn't she adorable? Go put your things away now dear." Gomo cooed.

Hana mumbled under her breath as she dragged the suitcases into her new room.

"Don't worry auntie and uncle, she is just tired from the plane ride. Although this is like the 17th time we have moved. Hana and I never get to make or keep any of our friends from our previous schools." ____ said. 

"Don't worry ____-ah, I have a positive feeling that we are going to be here for a while!" Sam-chon smiled broadly.

I sighed, " Whatever you say uncle." I then heaved all of my luggage into my brand new room. 'It still has that brand new smell to it.' I thought. I dragged the suitcase into a corner and flopped myself onto the bed. I was too tired from that 6 hour plane ride that I didn't change. 'Tomorrow is going to be when school starts. It's going to be a big day...' I thought. I soon dozed off into dream land.

[ Flashback in dream]

 10 year old ____-ah lays in the hospital bed sleeping. The doctor comes out with a clipboard.

 "How is she doctor? Is ____ going to be alright? I was afraid something was going to happen to her after she suddenly collapsed at school." Umma rambled on. She looked tired from work and stress and many other things.

 The doctor took off his glasses and puts it in his pocket. He wears a sullen expression on his face. "Mr. and Mrs. Chu, I'm afraid that we have discovered a growing tumor in _____ -sshi's  heart."

 Umma gasps as tears came out of her tired aged eyes. Her 13 year old brother stared at the doctor in disbelief. 7 year old Hana tugged on her mother's sleeve, "Umma, why are you crying? Is unnie going to be okay?"

 Appa looked at the doctor and asked, "Is there anyway to cure it?"

 "There is only one way." The doctor replied. Everyone's attention was drawn to him as he spoke. "We can remove the tumor surgically. But at such a young age, we worry she might not make it."

 "Then we will do it when she is older!" Appa declared.

 "Even then, we might not know how big the tumor has grown. If too much time is given for it to grow, then it will attach itself to her heart and it will be unremovable."

 "So you are saying there is nothing we can do about it?!" Umma started  to cry even more.

 "No, there is a way but she has a very slim chance of survival. If we do the surgery now, she has a 50 percent chance removing the tumor, but her living through the procedure is slim since she is too young." He said sadly.

Everyone went quiet. Then finally her brother spoke, "Why does ____ dongsaeng have only 50 percent of removing the tumor?"

 "Because the tumor is right behind her heart and has already attached itself to some of the heart's chambers. Its difficult to remove and even if we can remove it, the effect of the surgery will leave ____-sshi..." He stopped and looked at the family.

 After what seemed like forever, appa said, "Whatever you do, please save our daughter. How long does she have left? How much is the surgery?"

 The doctor looked at his clipboard and said, "She has 6 years to live. And the cost? 2,200,000 wons..."

 "Oh,no...," Umma almost fainted but, appa caught her in time. "What do we do now? We don't have that type of money..."

 Appa didn't say a word, for fear of the tears that were screaming to get out. Her brother was off in his own world, a blank and lifeless expression on his face. Hana was quietly listening and trying to interpret what was going on.

 Finally appa broke the silence. He took a deep breath and said, "I don't know..."

 

~ I hope this was a good enough start! ^^ Haha, I think its a bit short, sorry! >.< Thanks for reading. I'll update soon. ~