Dinner

The Wolves: Untamed

"What are you doing here?" 

"We live in the neighborhood. We moved in to the house a mile away." D.O explained.

"Oh okay." Ga Eun nodded. "That's nice."

"Do you want a ride? You look tired." D.O asked.

"Really? Are you sure?" 

"Yeah, get in." 

"Why is she getting in?" Sehun murmured as he rubbed his eyes. "Who said so?"

"We're just giving her a ride." D.O whispered as he watched Ga Eun grab her bags. "That's all."

Ga Eun quickly grabbed her bags and slipped inside the car. Her eyes landed on Sehun and she awkwardly bowed when she noticed his small scowl. He bowed as well before staring at the road ahead of him.

"Thank you." 

"No problem." D.O looked at her through the mirror. "We're just helping out a neighbor."

"I don't live that far, so it won't take you long." She smiled. "Just a few minutes away."

"Good." Sehum mumbled as he closed his eyes.

Within minutes, D.O arrived in front of her driveway and watched as Ga Eun got out. He noticed the heavy bags and stepped out when she struggled. Ga Eun blushed and shook her head when he grabbed the bags.

"Let me help." He held out his hands. "They're heavy."

"No, it's fine." 

"Yah! Sehun come out and help!" D.O yelled as he looked inside the car.

"Why!?" Sehun snapped. "You can do it yourself!"

"It's fine." Ga Eun insisted. "I mean it."

"We're just helping out a fellow neighbor." 

"Oh well...if you insist." She agreed. "Thanks."

Ga Eun bowed again and ran up the porch steps, quickly unlocking the door. She turned to see D.O and Sehun splitting the bags before following after her. Bokshiri ran out the door, his tail stiff. He began to bark at them, snarling as he watched D.O and Sehun.

They stood still, unsure of what to do as they stopped walking. Sehun made a growling sound only D.O and Bokshiri could hear. She ran back out and grabbed the dog, smiling apologetically.

"I'm so sorry, he's never done this before." 

"It's fine." D.O cleared his throat. "We were just surprised." 

"Are you alright?" Ga Eun noticed Sehun's expression. "You're not scared, right?"

"Huh?" Sehun shook his head. "No."

She headed inside the house and locked Bokshiri inside the bathroom. He began him growl and bark all while gnawing on the door. Ga Eun frowned and went back to open the door for D.O and Sehun, watching them slip off their shoes.

"The kitchen is over here." She pointed. 

"Okay." D.O nodded.

Sehun followed after D.O, wordlessly walking past Ga Eun. She followed after them and watched as they sat the bags on the table before turning to look at her. She rocked back and forth in confusion before her eyes grew wide.

"Where do you put your cereal?" D.O asked, beginning to put your food away.

"H-hu-huh?" She stammered. "In the cupboard."

Ga Eun rushed over and began to put the food away. D.O insisted on helping and finally convinced her to allow it. Sehun rolled his eyes and headed towards the living room, turning on the tv.

"You don't have to." 

"I insist." 

"No, it's fine." She insisted as she grabbed the cereal box. "I mean it."

"I can help." D.O snatched it again. "I mean it."

After a bit of arguing Ga Eun finally agreed and began to clear the table, putting the food away in the fridge. She was too busy to notice D.O beginning to cook, his eyes shining as he saw the packages of meat on the table.

"What are you doing?" She turned around. 

"Cooking." D.O shrugged as he cooked.

"Why?" Her temper began to flare. "Who said you could do that?"

"No one."

"I give up."

She headed towards the counter and helped D.O cook. He quickly made some stew and began to cook the meat, adding it in. Ga Eun could feel her stomach start to rumble from the smell of food. D.O could hear her stomach and chuckled softly to himself.

"Is it ready?" Sehun asked, sitting at the table.

"When did you get here?" Ga Eun asked in surprise. "Weren't you watching tv?"

"Just now."

"Here we go." D.O set the pot on the table. "It's finished."

"Are you going to eat here?"

"Why not?"

"Okay..." She nodded. "I guess that's fine."

Ga Eun began to serve them, handing them bowls of the stew before eating.  Sehun ate silently while D.O struck up conversation. It began to become less awkward between the two of them but Sehun chose not to participate.

"Thank you." She smiled as they finished. "That was nice of you."

"No problem." D.O winked. "Anytime."

"You don't talk much." Ga Eun blurted out as she turned to Sehun. "At all."

"Yeah." Sehun replied.

"We should get going. The others are probably waiting for us." D.O stood up.

"Oh!. That's fine. I can clean up."

"Are you sure?" 

"Yeah, don't worry." 

"Take care!" D.O waved as he headed towards the door.

"Later." Sehun murmured as he followed after him."

Ga Eun waved goodbye as they left. There wasn't that much of a mess in the kitchen and she was able to finish quicker than she had anticipated. She heard soft barking and ran towards the bathroom where Bokshiri scrambled out. He began to sniff the floor and kept on growling. He looked up at Ga Eun and whimpered as he ran towards the back door.

"I'm sorry. Do you need to go to the bathroom?" 

She stood up and walked towards the kitchen, grabbing the leash she had bought. She went back to Bokshiri and clipped it on to his collar. Ga Eun opened the door and stepped outside into the dark night.

"Let's go." 

After 10 minutes of walking around the yard, it was time to go back inside.  Ga Eun noticed that Bokshiri was growing more and more anxious. Just as she bent down to pet him, she slipped on her shoelaces and fell onto the ground. She smacked her head as she tried to get up but fell again. The leash slipped from her hands and Bokshiri ran into the forest behind the house.

"Bokshiri! Yah! Get back here!" 

Ga Eun stopped at the edge of the forest, noticing how dark it was. She hesitated for a second before going back inside the house to grab a flashlight before heading back to the forest. Bokshiri's barks began to fade and Ga Eun mustered up all her courage before running after him.

"Bokshiri!" She screamed as she brushed away her tears.