Bruises

The Wolves: Untamed

Luhan was walking towards the building, listening to his iPod when he noticed a sleek black car in front of the gates. He stared for a bit before heading inside, singing along to his music before he looked up.

"Wait for us! Don't talk to anyone!"

Luhan turned around and noticed Ga Eun standing by the gates, her backpack slung over her limp shoulders. He softly smiled and began to walk towards her before he stopped, shaking his head in confusion. He waited until Ga Eun got inside, following silently after her.

He shook his head in disbelief as she walked inside the library, her face slowly brightening before falling again. Luhan followed after her and noticed Ga Eun wiping her face multiple times again, revealing her delicate, rosy cheeks, bruised.

His heart twisted in pain, watching the tears that fell from Ga Eun’s eyes onto her porcelain face. Luhan silently followed after her, his hands clenched tightly into fists by his side as he stared at her. He silently appeared by Ga Eun’s side before she could even notice, grabbing the book that she reached out for.

"I'm sorry." she said, bowing.

"You were here first. Take it." Luhan said, holding the book out.

He watched as Ga Eun looked up, her tears wiped cleanly away, the cuts and bruises even more noticeable once her makeup was removed. Before Luhan could say anything, she grabbed the book and ran away, avoiding his eyes that lingered on her face.

"What happened?" Luhan asked, chasing after Ga Eun.

Luhan reached into his pocket and took out a handkerchief, wiping away at the bruises and cuts. He felt his heart begin to race, anger boiling in his veins as Ga Eun shrugged away, avoiding his touch.

Ga Eun stepped back from him and pushed him away, slowly falling down on the ground. Luhan simply stared at her figure that slowly got smaller, before heading towards the opposite direction, staring at where she was. He reached out and grabbed a random book, pretending to read as he listened to her racing heart.

He smiled softly as Ga Eun looked up at him, her curiosity getting the best of her. Luhan pretended to ignore her before he looked up, the look of surprise and embarrassment flooding Ga Eun’s delicate face. He noticed her eyes, soft yet sad.

“A mirror image of his.”

Luhan watched as Ga Eun continued to read, her silent sobs reaching him. He quickly stood up and walked out of the library, heading to the classroom. Luhan stood outside the library pacing before he heard a voice call out.

"Hey! It's the new pretty boy!"

 

••••••••••••

Ga Eun looked up to see Luhan gone, his book lying flat on the floor. She looked back down and began to read, the words comforting. Ga Eun sighed in annoyance as she looked back up, hoping Luhan was still there.

Ga Eun closed her book and stood up, Luhan's handkerchief still in her hands. Ga Eun walked out of the library when she heard muffled screams. Her eyes grew wide when she noticed Kai and Sehun standing over someone, blood on the floor.

"Kai? Sehun?" she called out, walking closer.

Ga Eun gasped in shock when she saw Luhan lying on the ground, holding onto his stomach. Ga Eun crouched down and reached out, before being pulled back up. Sehun tossed her to the side and she landed on the floor, scraping your knee.

"What are you doing!?" Ga Eun yelled, with fierce eyes.

Ga Eun looked up when she saw Baekhyun holding onto her, pulling her up. She pulled away and walked towards Kai and Sehun, pulling them away. Ga Eun turned around to see Luhan sitting up, wiping away the blood from his lips.

"I guess we're done now." Kai said, smirking.

"Yeah, I guess so." Luhan chuckled.

Ga Eun was pulled away by Sehun and forced to head down the stairs. She looked back in time to see Luhan stand up and cough, wincing as he held onto his stomach. Ga Eun turned back and headed inside the classroom, walking towards her seat.

"What were you doing with him?" Kai asked, standing in front of her.

"I was in the library." Ga Eun responded in a monotone, her head facing down.

"You're not lying to me, right?" Kai asked, leaning closer.

Ga Eun backed away and closed her eyes, hands clenched tightly on her lap. She looked up to see Kai staring at her before heading to his seat. Sehun leaned closer and kissed Ga Eun lightly on the lips before heading to his seat.

"You're here?" Baekhyun asked, stepping inside the room.

"The others?" Sehun asked, looking up.

"Fixing up the mess you guys did." Baekhyun said, rolling his eyes.

"Mess!? What mess!?" Ga Eun blurted out, looking up.

"Nothing to worry about. But what were you doing with him?" Baekhyun asked, glaring.

"Nothing! Nothing at all!" she screamed, her tears falling.

"Why are you acting like that then?" Baekhyun asked, confused.

Before Ga Eun could say anything, she watched as D.O, Suho and Chanyeol stepped inside the room. Ga Eun felt her body begin to shake as she looked back down at her lap, blinking back her tears.

"Did you settle everything?" Kai asked, smiling.

"Yeah." Chanyeol said, sighing.

Ga Eun looked up when she heard loud voices and desks falling. She stared in shock as Suho grabbed Kai by the throat, pulling him towards the wall. Ga Eun turned to see the others look away, shaking their heads.

"What did I say about not ing up? I said no more problems!" Suho roared, tightening his grip on Kai.

"It was just a simple mistake! It's not like you would have done anything differently!" Kai snapped, rolling his eyes.

"Oppa?" Ga Eun called out, wide eyed.

Suho turned to look at Ga Eun before letting go of Kai, his body still shaking. He walked towards his seat and sat down, watching as the door opened. The other students came in and settled down, oblivious to what had happened. She sat back down and grabbed her bag, pulling out a mirror and makeup. She quickly covered her face, making sure her bruises were invisible.

The morning went by and Luhan hadn't returned, his desk empty. Ga Eun couldn't concentrate as she kept glancing up, her eyes always on his desk. Ga Eun heard someone cough and she jumped, watching as D.O shook his head silently at her.

“Don't do anything stupid.” He mouthed, shaking his head.

Ga Eun nodded her head slowly and looked down at the notebook in front of her. The empty pages staring back at her. The bell rang and she stood up, grabbing her things. Ga Eun noticed the members looking at her, their eyes on her desk.

"Where are you going?" Chanyeol asked, his eyes narrowing.

"The main office. I have to see the teacher." Ga Eun lied, hands shaking.

"Really? Wait for us by the lunchroom." Kai ordered, smiling at her.

"O-Okay." she stammered, nodding her head.

Ga Eun grabbed her bag and headed towards the main office, knowing the others were following her. She slipped inside the office and waited, her breathing slowing down.

"Ga Eun? Is there something you need?" the teacher asked, looking up.

"I just came in to turn in some assignments." Ga Eun said, handing him her notebook.

"Thank you. You may leave now." He said, smiling.

Ga Eun nodded her head and slipped out, looking around for Kai and the others. She took a deep breath and ran towards the library, sighing in relief when she noticed a teacher by the front desk. Ga Eun ran towards the back and sat down, resting her head on her lap.

"Tough day huh?" someone said.

Ga Eun looked up to see Luhan sitting next to her, his eyes swollen and bruised. She instinctively moved away, making sure there was a bit of distance between the both of them. Luhan smiled softly before standing up, walking towards the other end of the aisle.

Luhan sat down and grabbed a book, covering his face as he closed his eyes. He looked up in shock when she sat down next to him, her eyes soft. Ga Eun grabbed her bag and pulled out a small first aid kit, waiting for Luhan to respond.

"What are you doing?" Luhan asked, wide eyed.

"You're hurt." she answered, not looking at his face.

"And? How does that concern you?" Luhan snapped, glaring.

"They did it because of me. I'm so sorry." Ga Eun said, looking up at him.

Luhan stared as she wiped away her tears before opening the first aid kit. He looked away as Ga Eun began to clean him up, making sure she didn't hurt him. Luhan kept wincing as she wiped away the dried blood.

"Here you go." she said, handing Luhan his handkerchief.

"Thanks." Luhan said, sliding away.

"I'm sorry." Ga Eun whispered, looking away.

"It's not your fault. It's mine." Luhan said, turning to look at her.

"How?" Ga Eun asked, confused.

"I know they did it to you. Your bruises." Luhan whispered, his voice soft.

Ga Eun looked at him in shock and stood up, her body shaking as she began to breathe heavily. Shaking her head vigorously as she grabbed her bag, fear closing in on herself.

"I fell down the stairs." Ga Eun said, shaking her head.

She quickly bowed and walked away, only to be pulled back. Luhan held onto her arm and stood up, his hand reaching out. He brushed back the few strands of her hair that were on her face, his cold fingers grazing Ga Eun’s bruises, sending a chill down her spine.

"That must have been a big fall then." Luhan whispered, his eyes soft and sad.