Ice Pack

The Wolves: Untamed

"Ga Eun. Are you awake?" Someone murmured.

"Appa?" 

Ga Eun sat up and stared at Baekhyun's face, his eyes too big for his small face. She nodded slowly in confusion and looked around the room, noticing that they were in the nurse's room. She began to stand up but fell, wincing as her knees scraped the floor. Chanyeol reached out and helped her back onto the bed.

"Are you okay?" Baekhyun asked.

"Yeah." 

"What happened back there?" Chanyeol stared. "You looked pale."

"There was blood, right?" She asked wide eyed.

"Yeah, we were in biology class." Baekhyun answered.

"Oh okay." 

Ga Eun slowly nodded and swung her feet over the bed. She waited a few seconds before standing up. There was a mirror by the door and she sighed when she noticed a small bruise on her forehead. Turning to Chanyeol and Baekhyun she bowed.

"Thank you." 

"Where are you going?" Baekhyun ran to her. "Are you okay?"

"I'm going home." She sighed.

"Why?" Chanyeol asked.

"I need to take my medication." 

"Medication? For what?" Baekhyun asked.

"I'm sick so I need to take medication." Ga Eun shrugged. "I don't take it that much anyways."

"For what?" Chanyeol curiously asked. 

"I have a blood disorder, so I bleed more than I should." 

"Really? Hemophilia?" Baekhyun's grew bigger.

"It's like hemophilia but it's easier to manage." She nonchalantly nodded. "It's nothing really."

"What is it?" Chanyeol kept staring at her. "Is it worse?"

"It's called Willebrand's disease, it's not as bad as hemophilia. I just tend to bleed little bit more and I bruise easily." 

"Shouldn't you go to the hospital?" Baekhyun frowned. "It sounds bad."

"No, I'm fine." Ga Eun chuckled. "As long as I take my medication then I'll be fine."

"But why did you call me Appa?" Chanyeol blurted out.

"I did?" She turned around. "When?"

"Back in the classroom."

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize it at all."

"Did something happen to your dad?" Baekhyun pried. "Is that why you acted like that?"

"Yeah, he died in a car accident. He has the same disease as me so he bled out faster than normal. It was too late by the time we got to the hospital and he passed away." Ga Eun explained.

"I'm sorry." Chanyeol looked down. "I shouldn't have asked."

"It's fine, it's been 2 years already." 

"And your mother?" Baekhyun ignored Chanyeol's glare. "What about her?"

"She died when I was around 14." She nodded.

"So that's why you're afraid of blood?" Chanyeol asked.

"Yeah." 

"I'm sorry." Baekhyun murmured.

"It's fine." She smiled. "I have Bokshiri with me."

"Bokshiri?" Chanyeol and Baekhyun asked in unison.

"That's my dog." 

"Ahhh..." 

"Are you sure you're alright?" Baekhyun frowned. "You don't need help?"

"I'm fine." She winced. "All I need is some rest."

"You should sleep a bit more then." Chanyeol said.

Ga Eun smiled at them before walking towards the door. She cried out when Chanyeol bent down and carried her back to bed. He dodged her swinging arms and placed her on the bed. Baekhyun was waiting and quickly covered her with the blanket. She glared at them and sighed when they smiled widely.

"Yah! You can't just do that!" 

"You were going to struggle." He shrugged. "Might as well do it when you're not looking."

Ga Eun noticed his worried expression and softly smiled. "Thanks."

"Here, this should make the swelling go down." Baekhyun placed an ice pack on her head.

"Thank you." 

"No problem." 

"Where are you guys from?" She tried to start a conversation. 

"Around." Chanyeol replied.

"Not you too." 

"Why?" Baekhyun narrowed his eyes. "Did Kai say something?"

"How do you know it's him?" Her eyes grew wide.

"Because..." Chanyeol sighed. "We expect that from him."

"Are all of you related?" 

"We kind of stuck together since we were little. Suho, Baekhyun and I are the oldest. We're all 19 years old. D.O, Kai, Sehun are all 18 years old." Baekhyun slowly answered.

"Then why are you in my class? Shouldn't you be in your last year?" 

"We took a year off and ended up having to repeat a year." 

"That makes sense." Ga Eun nodded. "Why?"

"Shouldn't you be sleeping?" Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "For a sick person, you do talk a lot."

"I'm just curious. I mean, you're the first people to talk to me."

"Why?" Baekhyun pondered. "Are you a or something?"

Ga Eun glared. "I just don't talk much."

"Ahhh... High school." Chanyeol chuckled. "It's always that."

"You can go now if you want." 

"Are you sure? School is almost over." 

"Yeah, you can go now." She closed her eyes. "Thanks again."

Ga Eun began to fall asleep and snuggled deeper into the blanket. She didn't notice Chanyeol and Baekhyun stand up and linger by the door. Their noses wrinkled when they caught her scent.

"Do you smell that?" Chanyeol softly asked.

"Yeah." Baekhhyun nodded. "It's her, right?"

"She smells so good. Have you ever smelled anything like this?" 

"No, never." 

"I memorized it already." Chanyeol whispered. "Did you?"

"Yeah." Baekhyun smiled. "I did too."

"She looks pretty when she sleeps."

"I don't think we should go near her for a while.

"Why not?" Chanyeol turned to Baekhyun. "We just memorized her scent."

"We can't do anything without Suho's permission." Baekhyun argued. "You know that."

"So what do we do?" Chanyeol asked.

"We sit and wait. We need to settle down first before we do anything rash." Baekhyun advised.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol walked out of the door before glancing back. Their eyes landed on Ga Eun before they walked away. They could hear her heart and the scent of her. Somehow, their own hearts began to race.

"Lee Ga Eun." Chanyeol whispered. "Pretty name for a pretty girl."