Home Sweet Home

The Wolves: Untamed

'Road Work Ahead'

"Are you kidding me?" Ga Eun rolled her eyes in annoyance. "This can't be happening."

She got off her small bike and walked towards a nearby construction worker. Her eyes drifted at the darkening sky before feeling a light raindrop on her cheek. She quickly brushed it away and turned towards the worker before bowing.

"Excuse me?" She asked. "Excuse me?"

"Yes?" He answered with a wide smile. "How can I help you?"

"I was wondering how long the construction work will take?" Ga Eun forced a smile. "I have school."

"Do you live around here?" He smiled. "On this road?"

"Yes. Off to the side by the forest."

"Well, you can take this trail into the forest, it will drop you off further into the road." He cleared his throat while looking at a map. "It'll be easier than circling around."

"A trail?" 

"Yeah, you turn around and there should be a sign. This road will be closed for a couple of days." 

"Oh." She bowed. "Thank you."

"If you want, I can take you there." He winked. "I have some time."

"I can find it on my own." 

Ga Eun rolled her eyes when she heard several whistles made by the workers. She pulled her skirt further down and hopped onto her bike and headed to the trail he mentioned. It always upsets her whenever someone stares at her only for her looks. Even with her simple makeup, she was always stared at. 

"I'm late." She murmured when she noticed the time. "She's going to call me soon."

She made her way towards the trail before stopping when she noticed the sign. Her heart quickened as she stared wide eyed at the dark and unsafe trail. Taking a deep breath, Ga Eun fought back her fear and pedaled her way into the forest.

Her phone began to ring, 'Pick up! Pick up! Please pick up!', in a sweet baby's voice. She stopped pedaling and picked it up, noticing that she was almost at the end of the trail.

"Hello?" She asked, forgetting to check who the caller was

"Ga Eun! It's Mrs. Kim!" She said, her voice loud

"Yes Mrs. Kim, I am almost there." Ga Eun sighed, putting the phone on speaker and beginning to pedal

"Really? Bokshiri is acting up and I don't have food." She said, her voice echoing throughout the forest

"Yeah, I am almost there." 

Ga Eun quickly hung up and got off herr bike, noticing the trail becoming more bumpy and muddy. She looked around and saw that the forest looked vicious and dark. She reached into her bag and a small flashlight and began to walk faster. She could feel the hairs of her neck stand up as she scanned the forest with wide eyes.

"What was that?" She jumped up when she heard a howl. "Wolf?"

Ga Eun grabbed her bike and began to run, sprinting out of the forest. She managed to get out of the forest and back onto the road without a single scratch. She got back onto your bike and pedaled her way home. Ga Eun stopped in front of a house with a wide smile on her face. She brushed away all the dirt on her body as she bowed when the door opened.

"Oh! Ga Eun! You're here!" Mrs. Kim said as she opened the door.

"Yes." She bowed again. "I'm so sorry for taking so long."

Ga Eun jumped in surprise when a loud bark was heard. She looked down to see her dog, a miniature schnauzer, run through the door. She immediately reached down and grabbed him before slipping it inside her messenger bag. Ga Eun bowed before running to her bike. Rain soon began to drop as thunder was heard in the sky.

She got back on and pedaled the few miles to her house. Ga Eun burst through her door and sighed when the floor began to get wet from her dripping clothes. She quickly changed into warm clothes before taking her dog out of her bag.

"Bokshiri!" Ga Eun chuckled. "We're home!"

She quickly locked the door and walked to the kitchen to make some food when her stomach rumbled. She grabbed some grapes and sat down to watch tv. She turned towards the stand at the end of the couch and quickly kissed the picture frame. Tears brimmed in her eyes but she quickly wiped them away.

"Omma, Appa." She whispered. "I'm home."