Unusual

The Wolves: Untamed

She stared at the members, watching as they were playing soccer on the field. Ga Eun was sitting on the stairs outside, her eyes blank and distant. Chanyeol and Sehun waved at her as they played, calling out her name.

"Ga Eun! Watch me!" Sehun yelled, smiling.

Ga Eun nodded and looked away, closing her eyes. She opened them again when she felt her phone ring, tucked away in the pocket of her skirt. She quickly grabbed it and stared at the message, smiling.

'Look to your left.'

She looked up and turned around, her eyes widing in happiness as she stared at Luhan's figure. Luhan was on the other end of the stairs, his hair blowing around his face. He turned to look at her before looking away, staring at the soccer field.

'Don't be so noticable. You'll get caught.'

She looked up at the field and noticed the members looking at her, their bodies still and unmoving as they stared at her. Ga Eun smiled and waved, pretending everything was fine, her heart pounding against her chest before she texted Luhan back.

'You came back.'

'I was worried. They might hurt you.'

'I can take care of myself. You don't know them the way I do.'

'Are you sure? Your bruises don't seem to agree.'

'I'll be fine. I won't get hurt.'

'Do you promise? I don't know what I'll do if something happens to you.'

Ga Eun felt butterflies in her stomach as she reread that sentence. It had never occcured to her how Luhan felt everytime they met. She knew that it wasn't natural for her to get so excited whenever she saw him. The way she stared at him was different from the way she stared at the group. It was something that she couldn't comprehend.

'What does that mean? Are you lying to me? Are you playing with me?'

She slipped her phone in her pocket when she noticed the members walking towards her. She stood up and waited for them, Baekhyun grabbing her hands as they walked away.

"Did you have fun?" She asked in a monotone voice.

"Yeah, you should have played with us." Baekhyun pouted. "You would have had some fun."

"I should have."

"What were you doing anyways?" Sehun asked.

"What do you mean?" 

"You weren't paying any attention to us." Kai said.

"I was. But I don't like sports." Ga Eun lied as she covered her pocket. "They're boring."

"You should spend more time with us. You're always in the library." Suho said, smiling.

"I like to read." 

"Is that the only reason?" Chanyeol asked.

"What other reason would there be?" 

"I don't know. You tell me." 

"It's lunchtime." D.O stepped in between them. "We should eat first."

Ga Eun followed after D.O and grabbed a tray, getting lunch. She quickly sat down before the others, making sure to get a seat at the edge. Her eyes followed Luhan's figure as he sat only a few tables away.

"Scoot over." Baekhyun said, pushing her into the middle.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol forced her to sit in between them, glancing at her as they ate. Feeling their eyes on her made Ga Eun feel sick to her stomach. Without a word she stood up and walked out of the lunchroom and towards the bathroom.

"I'll wait for you here." Baekhyun said, as he followed her.

"What are you doing!?" Ga Eun turned around in shock.

"Hurry up." 

"You're even following me to the bathroom?" 

"I'm only giving you 5 minutes." Baekhyun said, looking at his phone.

"Why?" She begged, "Why are you all acting this way?"

"4 minutes." Baekhyun said, ignoring her question.

Ga Eun headed into the bathroom and shut herself inside a stall. She leaned her head back as she blinked back tears, anger and fear running throughout her body.

"What do I do? Why are they like this?" She whispered as she covered her face.

"Time's up!" Baekhyun's voice called out.

She jumped up and washed her hands in the sink, her body shaking as she walked out. Baekhyun wrapped his arm around her and led her back to the lunchroom, his body close to hers.

Luhan looked up and stared in anger, his eyes narrowing when he noticed her clenched hands. He stood up, ready to help her, but stopped when Ga Eun shook her head, fear in her eyes.

'Don't do it.' She mouthed. 'Please.'

Luhan sat back down and stared at his tray, shaking his head in disgust. She sat down at the table again and stared at the table, her mind going elsewhere. 

The school day soon ended and Ga Eun grabbed her bag, heading towards the door. Luhan stood up at the same time, making sure they would meet in the aisle.

"Sorry." He bowed. "I didn't see you there."

"That's fine." Ga Eun whispered. "It was my fault."

Luhan was pushed back and he fell into the desks, glaring at Sehun and Baekhyun who were smirking at him. Kai grabbed Ga Eun's hand and pulled her away, the others trailing after him.

"Are you okay?" Kai asked.

"Yeah." 

Chanyeol suddenly grabbed her arm, pulling her roughly towards the car. She winced in pain as he pushed her inside, throwing her bag into the trunk. The others got in and Suho drove off, heading home.

"Talk." Chanyeol said.

"What?" Ga Eun asked, confused.

"What you wanted to say. About us not letting you breathe." Chanyeol reminded her.

"I didn't mean it." She forced a smile. "I was just upset at the time."

Chanyeol looked away and began to laugh, shaking his head as he ran his hand through his hair. He looked back at Ga Eun before he grabbed her face, his hand clenching tighter as he dug his nails into her skin.

"Stop!" She screamed, tears falling as she thrashed about.

"Answer me! What the did you mean by that!?" Chanyeol roared, his nails breaking into her skin.

"Let her go." Suho ordered. "Talk with her when we get home."

Chanyeol let go of her face suddenly, the force making her head snap back, hitting the window. She covered her face and flinched as her tears went into the cuts made by Chanyeol's nails.

The car soon stopped and Ga Eun ran out of the car, heading towards the house. She slipped inside and ran towards her room, slamming the door shut as she ran towards the bathroom, gagging into the toilet.

"I'll make something for you to drink." D.O whispered.

She couldn't stop vomiting, her body shaking as she wiped away the sweat from her face. After a few minutes she stopped and brushed her teeth, noticing dark bruises on her chin and cheeks.

"I'm sorry." Chanyeol said, his tall figure covering the door frame.

"It's fi-fine." Ga Eun stammered as she backed away. "I unde-understand."

"I didn't mean it." Chanyeol said, his eyes blank.

"I know. Don't worry about it oppa." 

"Come downstairs. Suho has something to say." Chanyeol said, smiling as he held out his hand.

Ga Eun stared at it, noticing the way it slightly trembled. She noticed Chanyeol was different, his eyes dark and menacing yet there was a wide smile on his face. She stepped closer and put her hand into his, her body shaking.

Chanyeol pulled her along and headed downstairs, going faster than usual. She was forced to sit on the couch, Chanyeol and Baekhyun on either side of her, making sure she wouldn't run away. 

"Here, drink this." D.O said, holding out a cup.

Ga Eun pulled her hand out of Chanyeol's and grabbed it, drinking the tea that D.O had made. Suho soon entered the room and sat down, waiting for the others to join him.

"What's going on?" Ga Eun asked, her eyes unfocused.

"We're going on a trip." Suho smiled.

"Trip?" 

"Yeah but you're not going." 

"Why?" 

"We're going hunting. The full moon is coming. That's why we've been a bit over the top lately." Suho answered.

"How long will you be gone?" Ga Eun tried her best to hide her excitement.

"Less than a week. We're going to the countryside." 

"I can't come?" She pretended to be sad. "Are you sure?"

"No, it's too dangerous. We'll call to check up on you." Suho smiled.

"When will you leave?" 

"Tomorrow morning." D.O answered.

Ga Eun nodded and smiled, her body relaxing. She stood up and went to her room, grabbing a book to read. A wide smile spread across her face as she laughed to herself.

"A week...a week." She murmured. "I'm free for a week."