Vulnerable

The Wolves: Untamed

"Ga Eun? Wake up." D.O whispered.

She bolted up, crawling to the farthest end of the bed, her back on the wall as she turned to face D.O. He smiled gently at her, holding out his hand for her to take it, his eyes pleading as tears fell.

"No." Ga Eun murmured. "No."

"Please. I have to tell you something." D.O whispered.

She stepped closer to D.O, hesitating to grab his hand before doing so. D.O grabbed her gently and wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her along as he walked out of the room. He opened the door to the backyard and walked towards the farthest edge of the yard, sitting her down on the ground.

"We're just taking a walk." D.O called out, sitting down.

Ga Eun looked up to see the members standing by the door, nodding their heads slightly as they closed the door again. She looked towards D.O in confusion as he turned to face her, grabbing her hands gently as he massaged them.

"What's going on?" She asked, wide eyed.

"I'm so sorry." D.O whispered, shaking his head.

"For what?" 

"This wasn't supposed to happen. You were never supposed to get hurt. We never knew we could become so cruel and greedy." D.O sobbed, his body shaking.

"D.O? What are you talking about?" Ga Eun reached out and wiped his tears.

"Our love for you blinded us, we ended up hurting you so much." 

She closed her eyes as D.O reached out and trailed his fingers over her face, his soft fingers grazing her bruises and scars, watching as she winced in pain. He leaned closer and kissed her wounds before kissing her hands. She opened her eyes and faced him, smiling softly as she wiped away his tears.

"No, I ended up hurting all of you." She shook her head. "It's my fault too."

"What? What do you mean?" D.O asked, wide eyed.

"I thought about this long and hard. It's both our faults but mostly the theirs. When Kai hit me for the first time, I knew something was wrong. But I also sneaked behind their backs with Luhan. In the end we both hurt each other." 

"No, we were the worst. How can we hurt someone we love? How can we stand seeing them in pain, begging for their life? How can we stand seeing you bruised and hurt?" D.O said.

"You want to know the truth? You want me to finally say what I've been feeling? How much I hate all of you?" She asked, tears falling.

"You hate us?" D.O asked, wide eyed.

"Yeah. The fact that you consider hurting and abusing me a mistake is complete bull. The fact that you use your love as a way of taking advantage is complete bull. The fact that you say you love me but turn your back and watch as I get hurt is complete bull." Ga Eun sobbed.

"I never meant to hurt you, I swear." D.O whispered.

"I did love all of you...at some point. I tried to understand what you felt and I was ready to accept your love but then everything changed. If none of you hurt or tried to control me, we could have been happy. But not anymore." 

"Does he make you happy?"

"He does. He's my soulmate. I know that." She nodded. "I know that."

"That's good." D.O said.

"What do you mean?" 

"You're happy. That's all I can ask for. Like you said, if we really loved you, we should have never hurt you. Like you said, if we really loved you, we would have wanted you to be happy." D.O whispered.

"Life doesn't work out the way we planned." Ga Eun said, looking away, "It never does."

"Close your eyes." 

"Why? What's going on?" 

"I have a small gift for you. You don't have much time so you have to be quick." 

Ga Eun looked down to see D.O slip something into her hand as he turned his body to block the members vision. He grabbed herr hand and began to sing, his voice soft and clear as she pulled out the phone he gave her.

"D.O..." She gasped, wide eyed.

"Do it while I'm singing. Hurry." D.O whispered, going back to singing.

She quickly dialed the number and pulled it to her ear, making sure the others wouldn't see. She felt her heart pound and her breath stop when you heard his voice, D.O's singing in the background.

"Luhan." She whispered, tears falling.

'Don’t hesitate another minute please take away my heart
Yes, the sharper the better, the night that even the moon has closed her eyes
If it were any other man, if it were a single verse taken from a comedy
Burn all the scars you’ve exchanged for that love

Baby don’t cry tonight after the darkness passes
Baby don’t cry tonight it’ll become as if it never happened
You’re not the one to disappear into foam, something you never should’ve known
So Baby don’t cry cry my love will protect you'

"Ga Eun." Luhan murmured.

"I miss you." 

"I miss you too." 

"I love you." Ga Eun whispered as her tears fell.

"Not as much as I do." Luhan murmured, his voice soothing.

"Please. Please." 

"I'm coming for you. Just wait for me a little bit longer." 

Ga Eun looked up to see D.O snatch the phone away, turning it off and slip it into his pocket. She looked up to see Suho coming towards her and D.O, his eyes blank and expressionless.

"Dinner is ready." Suho said, looking at D.O.

"Okay, we'll be there soon." D.O said, standing up.

D.O turned to grab Ga Eun and pulled her up, supporting her with his arm as she began to walk back into the house. He led her into the room and laid her down on the bed, slipping the covers over her.

"Thank you." 

"I guess it's my way of showing you how much I love you." D.O whispered, leaning in to kiss her on the forehead

D.O walked away and closed the door, making sure the others wouldn't bother her as she fell asleep. He went into the bathroom and locked the door, destroying the phone and flushing it down the toilet.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, closing his eyes.

••••••••••••

*A few hours before*

Luhan stared at the ceiling, his eyes hollow and blank as he tried to fall asleep. He kept looking at his phone, a picture of Ga Eun and him as his screensaver, her eyes shining and a wide smile on her face. Luhan reached out to touch the screen, his eyes softly caressing the photo.

"Ga Eun." Luhan murmured, tears falling.

Luhan twisted his body into a fetal position, his hands over his chest as he tried to stop his sobs. He jumped up when he heard his phone ring, a message coming through. Luhan looked down to see her number appearing, his eyes wide and desperate.

'She's safe. But not for long.'

He called the number, only to find his call rejected. Luhan decided to text back, his heart pounding as he stared at the phone, hoping this wasn't a trap or lies.

'Who is this? Where is she? What do you mean not for long?' Luhan responded, his eyes filling with tears.

'D.O. You need to come and get her. I will help you...for her.'

'Where is she? Where can I find her? Please, give her back to me.'

'Come to this address by midnight. I will bring her out. Make sure to run away as far as possible. This is your only chance.'

'Thank you. Can I speak to her?'

'Not yet. I will let her call you soon when it's safe.'

'Thank you. I mean it.'

'By midnight.'

Luhan jumped out of bed and ran downstairs, straight into the living room where the other members were. They stood up when they noticed Luhan's expression, their eyes wide with confusion.

"I found her. She's coming back to me." Luhan breathed. "She's coming back."

"When? Where?" Kris asked, his voice serious.

"Here. This is the place." Luhan said, handing Kris the phone.

"What if it's a trap?" Xiumin asked, wide eyed.

"I don't care." Luhan shook his head. "I'll get her back no matter what."

••••••••••••

"Ga Eun. Wake up." D.O whispered.

She sat up and rubbed her eyes, blinking up at D.O who had a bag strapped across his back. He held out his hand, watching as she slipped her hand into his, his arm wrapping around her waist.

"What's going on?" She asked, wide eyed.

"I need you to keep your heart steady, make sure it doesn't beat too fast. We have less than 5 minutes." D.O whispered, pulling her out the door.

Ga Eun turned to see the members sleeping in the living room, their chests rising and falling down slowly. D.O pulled her onto his back and pushed open the door, sprinting into the woods.

"They're going to wake up." She gasped. 

"I slipped something into their food. That's why we only have 5 minutes." D.O said, running faster.

She closed her eyes and steadied her heart as D.O had ordered. She looked up to see a back road, a car waiting patiently by the side, the tinted windows glistening under the moonlight.

"D.O, what are we doing here?" Ga Eun asked, watching as D.O slid her off his back, grabbing her waist and supporting her.

"I love you." D.O whispered. "I actually meant it when I said it."

Before she could respond, a car door opened. She turned around and stared wide eyed, tears running down her face as she stared into his eyes. He stared back at her, his eyes shining as he ran to Ga Eun, wrapping her up in his arms and sighing as she leaned to rest her head on his chest, his heartbeat matching hers.

"Luhan." She whispered, clutching his shirt.

"I'm here. I'm finally here." Luhan whispered, smiling softly.

Ga Eun looked up to kiss him when she felt her heart stop. D.O stared wide eyed at her, shaking his head as he stared down at his watch, a confused expression on his face. She looked at him as they heard it again, tears falling down her face.

Howling.