Marketplace

The Wolves: Untamed

"Lee Ga Eun?" Someone whispered, shaking her awake.

Rather than replying, Ga Eun groaned and slowly sat up in the bed while rubbing the back of her head.

"Are you feeling better?" The nurse asked, looking at her.

"Yes, thank you," She hummed, giving the woman the best bow she could.

"Is there anything I can do? School is over already..." The nurse asked, giving the girl a soft smile.

"Really? No, it's fine, thank you again," She said, standing up from the bed.

Ga Eun gave the nurse another bow and slipped on her shoes. She headed back to the classroom when she noticed that it had been 15 minutes since school had ended. She opened the door and walked over to her desk, beginning to pack up her things when her phone rang.

"Hello?" She answered, picking it up.

"Ga Eun! When are you coming home?" Mrs. Kim's voice boomed from the other end.

"Sorry, I had an emergency. I'm on my way right now," The girl yelped, rushing to shove her things into her bag.

"I have to go to an errand so I won't be home but Bokshiri will stay inside. I will leave the door open and you can lock it when you pick him up, okay?" She said, her voice growing louder.

"Yes. Thank you once again," She said before hanging up.

Ga Eun headed outside and walked to her bike, unlocking it. She turned to head home, pedaling as fast as she could. Deciding to go through the trail rather than making a huge circle, she found that the forest looked even more dark and menacing.

"Here we go," She murmured, turning on the flashlight stuck to your bike handles.

Ga Eun pedaled faster, making it to Mrs. Kim in record time. She noticed that the woman's car was gone from the driveway, and  parked her bike before running up the porch steps. She opened the door slightly and headed inside, smiling as Bokshiri ran towards her, his paws thumping across the floor.

"Bokshiri!" She cooed, picking him up.

Ga Eun put him into her backpack before she closed the door, locking it. She went back to her bike decided to walk, letting Bokshiri down. He began to walk in front of her, never leaving his master's sight.

"Bokshiri, you're getting too big for my bag. Should I buy you a leash?" She asked out loud.

Ga Eun laughed as he began to sneeze after smelling some flowers off the side of the road. She looked up and saw that the sky was getting darker, casting a quick look at her watch to see that it was almost 5 o'clock.

"Should I go to the store today?" She wondered, tapping her chin.

After half an hour, the duo managed to get to their house. Ga Eun locked her bike by the gate and headed inside, whistling for Bokshiri to get inside the house. She took off her shoes and ran up the stairs, changing into a pair of pants and a sweater.

"What should we eat today?" She asked, looking down at Bokshiri.

Ga Eun went to the fridge and stared in horror; the fridge almost completely empty. She ran to the cabinet and noticed that Bokshiri didn't have any dog food as well. The girl looked at the time and saw that there was enough time to walk to the market to buy some groceries.

"Aish! I knew I was missing something," She groaned, hitting her head.

Ga Eun ran back up the stairs and grabbed her wallet. She walked to the bathroom and took her medication, noticing the bruise on her face getting bigger. With a pout she headed down the stairs and slipped into her shoes.

"Bokshiri, I swear if I see that you made a mess while I was gone, I won't give you any of the treats that I'm going to buy," She called, glaring at the dog.

Ga Eun opened the door and headed outside. She looked at her bike, unsure of whether to take it or to just walk. Deciding on walking; just in case she had to carry more than one bag, she turned to the right and headed to the local market, a 15 minute walking distance.

Ga Eun got to the market and headed inside, bowing to the ahjumma's who recognized her. She grabbed a cart and headed to the vegetable and fruit section, beginning to dump whatever she saw into it and headed to the meat department. She chose the amount of meat she wanted and made her way over to grab some ramyun. She filled her cart up with snacks and junk food; mainly ramyun.

"I should get dog food," You hummed, turning down the pet food aisle to grab something for Bokshiri.

She decided to get him some treats and a leash as well as dog food. When she was walking by it, she stared at the cage, unsure of whether to buy it and leave Bokshiri at home. She ultimately decided to buy it next time before heading over to the cashiers.

Ga Eun paid and grabbed the bags, gasping as she realized that they were too heavy for her to lift, let alone carry home. She gathered as much strength as she could and slowly began the trek back home, stopping to adjust the weight every so often.

"Aish!" She yelled, dropping the bags onto the ground.

She rubbed her arms and cursed under her breath, crouching down and rubbing her legs as well. She looked up at the sky, completely wiped out from all of the heavy lifting.

"I should buy a scooter." She murmured.

Ga Eun stood back up and headed down the road again. She felt her temper rise again and kicked some rocks, venting out her anger. She heard someone honk and turned around, a car parked next to her.

"Need a lift?" Someone called out.

"No, thank you," She said, bowing before walking away.

Ga Eun felt her heart begin to pound, her flight or fight instinct kicking in. She began to walk faster, noticing the car following slowly behind her. She felt a strong urge to run, to just drop the bags and sprint her way home.

"Are you sure? It's getting dark, Ga Eun," the same voice called out.

The girl stopped dead in her tracks and spun around, wide eyed. She saw the window go down and someone stuck out their face. She stared wide eyed, unsure of what to do or say.

"Kyungsoo?"

••••••••••••

"Why do I have to go with you?" Sehun complained, stomping his feet.

"I need someone to help me with the bags!" D.O claimed, rolling his eyes.

"You can just take the car," Suho said, walking into the foyer.

"Really?" D.O asked, wide eyed.

"Yeah but take Sehun with you," Suho added, a smile stretching onto his lips.

D.O turned to look at him, a wide smile on his face. Sehun pouted and walked to the car, rolling his eyes and muttering to himself. D.O followed after him and they both climbed into the car, heading to the market. They quickly got everything they needed and began heading home when they heard someone yell.

"Isn't it that girl from school?" Sehun asked, staring out the window.

D.O turned and stared at the girl, watching as she kept cursing and shaking her head. He noticed the bags at her feet and laughed as he saw her stomp her feet and kick rocks away.

"Need a lift?" D.O called out, rolling his window down slightly.

"No, thank you," She responded, bowing before walking away.

D.O and Sehun watched as she walked faster, her hands holding tightly onto the bags. Sehun rolled his eyes and closed them to fall asleep as D.O started the car and began to follow the girl.

"She's scared." D.O murmured, hearing her heart pounding.

"And?" Sehun sighed.

D.O stopped the car and rolled his window down completely. He could smell her; a fragrance that was utterly intoxicating. He leaned closer and smiled, her scent mouth watering.

"Are you sure? It's getting dark, Ga Eun," D.O  called out, a smile across his lips.

He watched as she spun around, her eyes wide. He couldn't help but chuckle, the look of fear and shock written all over your face. He watched and listened as her heart slowed down when she saw his face.

"Kyungsoo?" You questioned, eyes wide.

"I told her to call me D.O." he whined, rolling his eyes with a small pout.