The Woods, Part I

The Wolves: Untamed

"Bokshiri!" Ga Eun screamed as she pushed away the branches.

She was still looking for Bokshiri ever since he ran into the forest. The sky had darkened and it made it harder for her to see. What she didn't realize was that she was walking deeper and deeper into the forest.

"Bokshiri! Where are you!?"

Even though some people would have turned back, Bokshiri was the last of her family. Her father had given him as her last birthday present before he died. He was the last thing that reminded her of him.

"Bokshiri!" Ga Eun sobbed. "Come back!"

She hesitated when the small trail began to disappear. The trail had practically ended and Ga Eun decided to turn right and ignore the thick bushes. Her flashlight was the only source of light so she had to be careful.

"Bokshiri!" She snapped. "Get back here now!"

She began to run, calling out Bokshiri's name. The forest was too dark and in the end Ga Eun tripped and fell. She winced in pain as the sharp roots cut her hands and knees. The flashlight rolled away but she managed to grab it before losing sight of it. There was barking and she ran towards the sound, flinching as the tree branches scratched her face.

"Bokshiri!" She called out. "Bokshiri!"

The flashlight slipped out of her hand and fell on the floor with a soft thud. She grabbed it and sighed in anger when it didn't turn back on. It stopped working and Ga Eun decided to go continue without it. 

"Bokshiri! Yah! Bokshiri!" 

Ga Eun pushed past the thick bushes and landed inside a small meadow. Her eyes landed on the small dog in front and she ran towards him. Bokshiri kept on barking at the small deer in front of him. She quickly picked him up and was too tired to say anything.

She began to laugh as she wiped away her tears, watching as he struggled to escape her grasp. Ga Eun quickly set him down and held tightly onto his leash before surveying the area.

", where the hell do I go?" She mumbled as her heart raced.

There wasn't much light and they were too deep inside the forest to know where they were. Ga Eun looked up at the night sky before glancing at the forest. She took a deep breath and began to walk with Bokshiri besides her.

"You follow the moon, right?"

Reaching inside her pocket, she pulled out her phone to use as her light. She gave up when it didn't let her see past a few inches from her face. Her heart raced faster when she heard some noises.

"Bokshiri, why do you have to be so small?" 

The silence was broken when there howls broke throughout the forest. Picking up her speed, Ga Eun walked faster and winced everytime she stepped on a branch.

The howling grew louder and she began to run as fast as she could. Bokshiri began to howl and growl, noticing the change in her body. Glancing back to make sure there wasn't anything behind her, Ga Eun fell when Bokshiri ran in between her feet.

"." She whimpered as she felt the gash on her leg.

She reached down and noticed that the cut was beginning to bleed, the blood pouring as if she had a faucet. Mustering up all her strength, Ga Eun reached out to grab Bokshiri before running. She pushed past the branches and ran with all her might. She didn't care anymore if she made noise.

She just needed to get away.

"Bokshiri. Run, just run." She gasped. "Run."

Ga Eun managed to get back onto the trail, smiling when she realized all she needed to do was run. She stood there, gasping for air when there was a loud growl behind her. She turned around and stared at a large wolf, his silver hair catching the rays of the moon.

He began to snarl, sniffing the air as he stared at her. Ga Eun began to back away, staring into his dark and deep yellow eyes. She took a deep breath and turned around, making sure not to run.

Bokshiri began to growl and bark, standing in front of her. She reached out and covered his mouth to make him stop. Her body trembled as she felt the wolf step closer.

"Please, just go." She whispered. "Go."

She stiffened as the wolf began to smell her, his breath practically burning her skin. She began to pray silently, tears falling as she struggled to contain her pounding heart. Bokshiri managed to escape from herr grasp and began to run back into the forest.

"Bokshiri!" She screamed as she ran after him.

Her heart stopped as the wolf ran after her. Ga Eun ran as fast as she could, pushing her body as she struggled to get away. She could feel his breath on her heels and she ran. More howls were heard and Ga Eun felt tears drop when she realized that there were more wolves.

Bokshiri was ahead of her, running with his little paws. She reached out to grab him but tripped over his leash. She rolled down a hill and smacked her head against a rock, a large cut on her head. Her lungs burned as she struggled to catch her breath.

"Appa." She whimpered. "Help."

She looked up to see 6 wolves staring at her, their teeth baring. Ga Eun began to crawl away but cried out in pain when one of the wolves stepped on her. Her eyelids began to flutter shut as she began to lose more blood.

"Someone help." Ga Eun moaned. "Anyone."