Interest

The Wolves: Untamed

"What the hell is wrong with you!?" Luhan asked, taking a deep breath.

"I was looking for you." Ga Eun smiled.

"Why?"

"I don't know." 

"You should go back." Luhan ran a hand through his hair. "It's already late."

Ga Eun stared after Luhan before running after him, grabbing his arm. Luhan turned around and stared at her before pulling away, shaking his head. He began to walk away, sighing as she held him back.

"That's it?" She asked as she blinked back tears.

"What else do you want?" Luhan pulled her arm off. "I can't be near you."

"Why?" 

"That was the deal. Your friends won't hurt me if I stay away from you." 

"Deal? There was a deal?" Ga Eun asked, shocked.

"Yeah. So do me a favor and stay away from me. I don't want any trouble." Luhan said, walking away.

"What about my message? You never answered back!" 

"Message? There was a message?" 

"Yeah! I texted you but you never responded." 

"I never received anything." Luhan said, shaking his head.

"Don't worry." Ga Eun snapped. "I'll just stay away like you want me to." 

Luhan stared after her before sighing, grabbing her hand before she could go back into the bookstore. She turned around and stared at him, her breath catching and her heart racing.

"I'm sorry." Luhan said.

"Forget it." She rolled her eyes.

Ga Eun turned to head into the bookstore, noticing Luhan following after her. She looked around to look for D.O, noticing him sitting down on the floor, a book in his hand. She walked towards him before Luhan pulled her away, running out of the store.

"What are you doing!?" 

Luhan didn't respond and ran faster, going into a store. He turned around and smiled at her, watching as she catched her breath. Luhan pushed Ga Eun into a chair and went to order some drinks.

"Why did you do that?" Ga Eun asked as he came back.

"He wasn't going to notice us." Luhan chuckled.

"How do you know?" 

"He seemed oblivious to where you were. Give him an hour or so before he looks up."

"Take me back." She murmured. "Before he finds out I'm gone."

"Why? I thought you wanted to hang out for a bit." Luhan said, his eyes innocent.

"I thought you wanted me to stay away." 

"No, I changed my mind."

"Why? Who says you can do whatever you want?" Ga Eun looked away.

"I changed my mind. I want to stay with you." Luhan said, his eyes soft.

"Stay with me?" 

"Forget it." 

"Bu why were you in the bookstore?" She asked, changing the subject.

"I was bored and wanted something to read." Luhan shrugged.

"How old are you?" 

"18, I play soccer and I like the Rubik's Cube, I like simple clothes and I love to eat samgyeopsal." 

"Really?." Ga Eun rolled her eyes. "I don't need your life story."

"Should I continue?" Luhan smirked.

"No, it's fine." 

"Do they still hurt?" 

Before She could comprehend his question, Luhan's fingers grazed her face, touching the healing bruises and cuts. She closed her eyes and swallowed, her heart racing as she felt Luhan touch her.

"A little bit." She murmured. "But it'll go away eventually."

"Why did you lie?" Luhan asked.

Ga Eun opened her eyes and stared at Luhan, the way his eyes were soft and sad, the way his hands trembled as he pulled away from he. She shook her head and smiled before looking away.

"I didn't lie." 

"Right, I mean, people only get hurt on their face when they fall down the stairs." Luhan scoffed.

"I'm fine." She insisted. "Really."

"No. You're not. So why do you lie?" 

"I don't need to lie about anything. You barely know me." 

"But I want to know more." Luhan whispered.

"Why?" Ga Eun sat up. "What's so special about me?"

"You'll have to wait and find out." 

"Where are you going?" 

"I'm trying to be mysterious, maybe that'll make you fall for me." Luhan said, laughing as he walked away.

Ga Eun stared after Luhan before walking out of the shop. She headed back to the bookstore and sat down next to D.O, closing her eyes as he continued reading. She giggled to herself as she pictured Luhan waving goodbye when he left.

"Stupid." She whispered, shaking her head.

"What did I do?" D.O asked.

"Nothing. I'm just talking to myself." 

"Really? Are you done?" 

"No! I have to look for something." 

Ga Eun walked deeper into the bookstore, hoping to see Luhan. She waited for a bit before giving up, sighing deeply. She turned around when she felt someone tap her shoulder.

"Luhan?" 

Instead there was a tall boy, a smirk on his face as he held out a book. She bowed quickly and stared at him, her face twisted in confusion. He smiled at her as he slipped the book in her hand.

"Luhan wanted me to give this to you." He said.

"Where is he?" Ga Eun blinked.

"It's a secret." He chuckled.

Ga Eun looked down at the book and noticed it was a book about supernatural beings. She looked up and noticed that instead of the man in front of her, it was D.O who was patiently waiting.

"Are you done?" D.O asked, smiling.

"Huh? Yeah. Let's go." 

D.O quickly paid for the books and walked towards the car, opening the door for Ga Eun. She slipped inside and stared out the window, her mind racing. After several minutes they arrived home, helping D.O with the bags.

"What took you so long?" Baekhyun asked, pouting.

"D.O was reading some cooking books." 

"Of course." Kai said, shaking his head.

"Did you enjoy yourself?" Suho asked.

"Yeah, it was fun." Ga Eun's eyes lit up. "It was memorable."

"You smell funny." Sehun said, wrinkling his nose.

"How?" 

"I don't know, just funny." 

"Should I go take a shower?" She asked, snigging her hair.

"Yeah, we don't want you stinking up the whole place." Chanyeol said.

Ga Eun sighed as she grabbed the books, kicking Chanyeol in his knees as she headed towards the stairs. She took a quick shower and settled into bed, snuggling up against Suho and Sehun who were waiting for her.

"Another book?" Suho sighed. "Why am I not surprised?"

"Yeah, it looked interesting." She shrugged. "And I need to take my mind off of things."

"Well, I'm tired. Turn off the light when you're done reading." Sehun yawned.

She watched as Sehun and Suho went to bed, their bodies pressed against hers. She managed to read a few chapters about demons and werewolves before deciding to go to bed. Ga Eun got up and slipped the book into her backpack, noticing her phone on the table.

"Oh! It's off." She exclaimed as she turned it on.

Ga Eun sat down and waited for it to turn on completely before a message popped up. Her lips spread into a wide smile as she realized who it was from.

'Good Night, I hope you're liking the book so far.'