Messages

The Wolves: Untamed

Ga Eun stared at Luhan before jumping up. She looked around and noticed the bell had rung, signaling lunchtime. She turned back to Luhan and smiled before running away. She noticed him step towards her before turning around, not wanting to cause trouble.

She ran with all her might to the front of the main office, wiping away the sweat that dripped off her forehead. Ga Eun looked down and noticed a bit of blood on her fingers. She ran towards the girls bathroom and washed her hands vigourously, hoping to get the blood off.

"They might smell Luhan on me." She whispered, shaking her head.

She reached into her bag and pulled out a an extra needle that she kept. She closed her eyes and pierced her skin, watching a bit of blood begin to gather. She quickly wiped it off and put a bandaid, hoping to get rid of Luhan's scent.

Ga Eun took a deep breath and headed to the lunchroom, smiling. She noticed the members waiting for you, their stance cold. She ran up to them and kissed Chanyeol lightly on the cheeks, smiling.

"I'm sorry. I had to stay for a bit longer." She awkwardly laughed.

"Really? You didn't go anywhere else, right?" Chanyeol asked.

"Not really." 

"What happened to your finger?" Baekhyun asked.

"Did something happen?" Sehun asked, glaring.

"Are you okay?" D.O asked, looking at you.

"Did he do something?" Kai asked, leaning closer.

She noticed the way their bodies began to shake, the way their eyes narrowed as their eyes began to go towards a deep yellow. She shook her head and opened as she struggled to speak.

"It's just a small papercut." She whispered.

"Are you okay?" Suho asked, his eyes soft.

"Of course. It's just a small cut." 

Ga Eun followed after them as they entered the lunchroom. She sat down and rested her head as Baekhyun and Sehun sat down next to her, resting their heads on the table as well.

"You're not eating?" She looked at them in confusion.

"No, we're waiting for the others to come back." Sehun said, shaking his head.

"Why?" 

"Someone has to be with you at all times." Baekhyun shrugged.

"At all times?" 

"Yeah, we can't let you out of our sights. You could get hurt." Sehun said.

"Oh." Ga Eun slowly nodded her head. "I see."

She watched as the rest of the group came back, sitting besides her. She smiled as D.O set down a tray for her, signaling for her to eat. Once everyone sat down, they began to play around, joking here and there.

"What did the teacher want?" Suho asked.

"Huh? Oh, just some assignments I haven't turned in." 

"Want us to do them for you?" D.O asked, smiling.

"No, I can do them myself." Ga Eun shook her head.

She looked up and looked away, making sure the others didn't see her reaction. Ga Eun stood up before being pulled back down, the members glaring at her. She stood back up and pulled away from Sehun's hand.

"Where are you going?" Sehun snapped, his eyes narrowing.

"The bathroom. Unless you want to follow me, stay here." Ga Eun snapped. 

She headed towards the bathroom, knowing the members would be watching. Waiting for a few seconds, Ga Eun flew up the stairs and across the hallway and back down, avoiding the lunchroom.

"Where are you going?" Ga Eun called out, running faster.

Ga Eun stopped in front of Luhan and held onto her knees, gasping from running. Luhan crouched down and smiled, waiting for her to speak. She stood back up and held out a finger, gathering her breath.

'"Where are you going?" She asked again, gasping.

"Home. Why?" Luhan asked.

"Then why didn't you leave earlier?" 

"I wanted to stay for a bit. No other reason." 

"Are you coming back tomorrow?" Her eyes grew wide.

"Why? You want me to come?" Luhan smiled.

"No, I didn't mean it like that." 

"I might take a break from school."

"Why? Is it because of them?" Ga Eun blinked. "Because of what they did?"

"No, I'm just a bit tired." Luhan shrugged.

"If it's because of me, I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say." 

"Just say you want me to stay." 

"Huh? Why would I say that?" Her face went red.

"Just wishful thinking. You better go back before they start looking for you." Luhan said, before walking away.

Ga Eun watched Luhan jump over the gate, waving at her before running away. She turned around and headed back to the lunchroom, shaking her head. She sat back down and rested her head onto Sehun's shoulder, closing her eyes.

"What took you so long?" Sehun asked.

"My stomach hurts." 

"Do you want to go home?" Baekhyun asked.

"Yeah. I think I'm getting sick." She nodded. "I don't feel too well."

"Someone should go with you." Chanyeol said.

"I want D.O omma." 

"Araso. I'll go with you." D.O chuckled.

She stood up and grabbed her bag, waiting for D.O to follow her. She walked towards the office and made an excuse, saying she had a doctor's appointment. Before Ga Eun walked out, she stopped in her tracks before she headed to her teacher, smiling.

"Excuse me?" She bowed.

"Ga Eun, what is it?" He asked, smiling.

"I was wondering if Luhan will be gone for a few days." 

"Yeah, he made a request. A family emergency is what he said." He said, looking down at his notebook.

"Really? That's too bad. I need to get in contact with him." Ga Eun pouted.

"What for?" 

"I let him borrow some notes and I need them back. Is it possible to get his phone number?" 

"Yeah, I guess so. Here it is." 

Ga Eun smiled and bowed again before walking out the door. She stuffed the slip of paper into her pocket, making sure D.O wouldn't notice. She wrapped her arms around D.O and headed to the car, pretending to be sick.

"I'll make some soup once we get home." D.O said, smiling.

"That would be nice."

Ga Eun got inside and closed her eyes, quickly falling asleep. Within minutes they arrived at the house, and she went up the stairs and into her room. She quickly changed and slid into her bed, smiling as D.O kissed her lightly on the forehead.

"I'll be back." D.O said, before slipping outside.

Ga Eun nodded her head and waited until the door was closed before she pulled out her phone. She quickly sent a message, her heart racing as she hid the phone.

'Luhan? It's me, Ga Eun.'

Ga Eun waited until the phone rang making her heart pound faster. She looked at the text message in confusion, her heart dropping as she blinked in frustration.

'Hello, Ga Eun-ssi. Luhan is unavailable to receive any messages at the moment. I will make sure he receives your message. Thank you.'

She looked up to see D.O heading towards her, holding onto a tray. She quickly stuffed the phone into the pillow, turning around to smile at D.O. Ga Eun sat up and began to eat, knowing D.O would be watching.

"Why is your heart racing?" D.O asked, worried.

"I don't know." Ga Eun shrugged. "Maybe because I'm sick?"

D.O waited until she finished eating before cleaning up. She laid back down and closed her eyes, suddenly tired after eating. Ga Eun reached into her pillow and grabbed the phone, holding onto it as she fell asleep.