One Explanation

The Library

Mina went to sleep with a smile on her face that night, when she woke up it was later than usual. Even she found it surprising that she woke up at 12pm. She smiled and looked across her room for her phone. She couldn't find it.

I'm almost sure I left it there...she thought to herself. She got up from bed and headed downstairs, her phone was lying on the kitchen counter.

I don't remember leaving it there she whispered to herself and continued upstairs as she looked though her phone. The picture of Kyungsoo was gone.

She then looked for his number and their thread of text messages and they were gone as well.

She began to panick. She had memorized his number though, so she dialed it immediately.

However, the machine operator said the number did not exist.

Mina couldn't believe it.

She right away changed into her jeans and grabbed a coat. Got into her car and arrived at the library. Steve was there, however he looked at her as if he didn't know her.

"Steve where is Kyungsoo?" she demanded. He looked at her as if scared.

"Mam, are you okay? I'm sorry there is no one here by that name...but how do you know my name?" he said in a very blunt tone.

"Steve, I'm not playing" she said getting frustrated. He shrugged and continued working. She wasn't buying it, she ran thoughout the whole library looking for him and found no one.

"I'll be back Steve, this isn't a joke" she said in a fierce tone and headed towards her car. She got the idea of going to his home. When she arrived in Carpinteria she knocked hard on his apartment door, however the apartment was open. When she stepped in, the place was empty.

She couldn't believe it, someone was playing a game with her.

She ran to the manager's office.

"Excuse me!" she yelled and knocked at the door. A man came out confused.

"What happened to the people that live in Apartment 212?"

The man gave her a mean face.

"No one has lived there in awhile, I haven't been able to find anyone who wants to move in. Are you okay miss?" he asked but before he finished she was already very well on her way. She couldn't take this anymore.

She called Luna and Krystal and their numbers belonged to someone else.

The only other person to call was Justin.

She dialed and he answered..

"Justin please, please tell me you remember coming over to Cali and meeting Kyungsoo" she pleaded. There was a silence.

"Mina...I never went to Cali..Is everything-" he was beginning to say but she hung up immediatly.

She sat down in her couch with a blank expression. Trying to process all of this through her mind.

She knew this had not been a dream, she had met a guy named Kyungsoo. A wonderful man.

She knew she had not gone crazy, there was only one explanation.

Father.