The News.

Lucky in Love

Sora arrived at her mom's cafe. There were some customers who asked for her autograph while others asked to have a picture with her, which she obliged cheerfully. But what caught her attention was Leeteuk. He was sitting on the table near the counter while he was playing with a little boy. 

 
"Oppa." She greeted him with a peck on his cheeks. He quickly slid his arms around her waist. "Did you wait long? I'm sorry I lost track of time. Who's your friend?" Sora asked and sat beside her husband. 
 
"This is Manse." Leeteuk flashed a smiled while introducing the child. "He's Lina So's son."
 
"Lina? Ah, right! Our cashier." She said. "Anyeong Manse!" Sora grabbed a chocolate bar from her bag. "Here. Take it, little buddy."
 
Manse walked closer to get the chocolate bar from Sora but Leeteuk quickly snatched the chocolate on her hand.
 
"Chocolates are not for small kids. Poor Manse will have cavities. Plus, sugar will make him hyper." He put the chocolate in his pocket. "Manse-ah, hyung will take this, arasso?" That moment, Manse started to pout and cry.
 
"Oppa! You made him cry!" Sora exclaimed. As she looked around, she saw customers staring at them. Maybe because Manse's cry was getting loud. "Aissh! Omma will get mad at this." She quickly pulled the kid up and embraced him. Sora lovingly caressed Manse's back while he was in her arms. "There, there Manse-ah." 
 
Manse stopped crying as he rested her head on Sora's shoulders.
 
"Yah! Manse-ah!" Leeteuk stood up from his chair, his hands on his waist. "Don't play innocent! Who told you that you can put your head on my wife's shoulder? This ahjumma is my wife!"
 
"Ahjumma?!" Sora's eyes widened, focused on Leeteuk. "Oppa you dare called me ahjumma?!"
 
"Neh! Wae Sora-ahjumma?" He teased. "Put that kid down right now!"
 
"Yah, stop it!" Sora ran around the coffee shop with Manse on her arms. "You're making him cry!"
 
 
 
Leeteuk and Sora arrived at their house after having dinner with Sora's omma in the cafe. Sora was sitting in her drawer while brushing her hair while Leeteuk's on the bed, reading some paper works.
 
"Yeobo, don't think about it too much." Leeteuk commented. Actually, he's watching Sora from the bed and he wondered why she stopped. 
 
"Don't think too much of what?" Sora turned to face Leeteuk.
 
"I don't know." He said with a smile as he shrugged his shoulder. "I just know that something's bothering you. I hoped it's something, not someone or else..." He rolled his sleeves up to his shoulder for her to see his muscles.
 
"Ottoke..." She whispered. "I'm currently thinking of someone else right now."
 
"A male or female?" His eyes narrowed.
 
"Male." Sora answered playfully.
 
"Yah! Mrs. Park! How dare you think of someone else when your husband's in front of you?" Leeteuk stood up from the bed and placed his hands over his waist. "Who the heck is that guy?!" He walked near Sora and stood up behind her.
 
"It's Manse-ah."
 
"Manse-ah?"
 
She nodded. "The boy from the cafe. He's cute, right? And it's fun to be around with a kid." Sora said. "You know Oppa earlier in the mall, a little girl came to me saying 'omma, omma." She said mimicking the little girl's voice earlier.
 
"Really? That's unusual." He suddenly flashed a mischievous grin. "Is that an indirect way of saying let's have a baby, Mrs. Park?" 
 
"I saw how happy you were while playing with Manse earlier!" Sora's tone became serious. "Oppa, do you want to have one?"
 
"Well, yes. I wanted to have a little kid running around from here and there." He crossed his arms in front of him. "But it's too early for that. We just got married and moved in few days ago."
 
Sora sat still. She could still remember his face while playing with the little guy.
 
"If you can't remove that thought and you wanted so much to have a baby, then come." He lifted Sora from her chair as she wrapped her arms around's her husband's neck. "I'll do my part willingly... And actively." Leeteuk put Sora down on the bed. He quickly followed before turning off their room's light.
 
 
 
Sora carefully put away Leeteuk's arm that was wrapped around her waist. She planted a kiss on her husband's forehead before pulling the comforter on top of her and ran to their room's bathroom in an instant. 
 
She slid her hand in the stack of clean towels and pulled it right away the moment she felt it there. She sighed in relief to see the home pregnancy test in her hand.
 
"Please..." She mumbled before dropping the necessary fluid in the test. "Please please please." She placed the test in between her hands as she shut her eyes tight, praying for the result she desired. With a pounding heart, she slowly opened her eyes. Her heart sank the moment she saw the single red line in the device.
 
Sora and Leeteuk had been married for four months and in that four months, she never had her period even once. Every month, she excitedly uses the kit hoping for a best result. But the kit gives her the same answer: negative. Since it's her fourth time, Sora thought she could handle the news lightly this time but she couldn't. Her heart still hurts.
 
"Yeobo-ah.." She almost jumped in surprised when she felt the two strong arms wrapped around her waist. "Goodmorning." His warm breath tickled her nape. 
 
Without removing his arms, she managed to turn around and faced him. "Goodmorning Oppa." Sora planted a soft kiss on his lips.
 
Leeteuk grinned because of the kiss but it instantly disappeared when he saw Sora's face. She was smiling but her cheeks, eyes and even nose were red. "What happened?"
 
"Huh? N-nothing." She smiled more and shook her head. "Everything's ok."
 
He knew she's lying. He grabbed Sora's balled fist and tried hard to open it.
 
"Oppa, no! Stop!" She protested but Leeteuk had successfully opened her fist and got the device in no time. 
 
He narrowed his eyes as he stared deep in her eyes. But his expression soften in an instant and quickly pulled Sora for a tight hug. He saw her bit her lower lips, meaning she's holding her tears in. She hugged him back, warmer and tighter. 
 
"We're not in hurry. Don't stress yourself over it." Leeteuk caressed her back as she let her tear up. "Why didn't you wake me?"
 
Sora shook her head. During the first two months, she had Leeteuk beside her while doing the test. Even though he's smiling and tells her that he's ok, she still can see the disappointed look on his face. He caught her on her third try and caught her again on her fourth time. She hid it from him because she can't bear to see him disappointed, because it adds pain to injury. 
 
"I am not pressuring you. I am perfectly happy having you beside me. I am happy with just you and me." Leeteuk said sincerely while pulling her closer to him. "We're going to have a baby... In the right time."
 
Sora pulled away from the hug. "Oppa, I'm sor-..." Leeteuk stopped her with a gentle kiss on her lips.
 
"I marry you because I love you and you're the one I wanted to spend eternity with. Remember that." He flashed a warm smile before kissing her forehead lovingly. He held her hand tightly as he escorted her out of the bathroom to the dining table. "I'll get us something to drink." He left Sora sitting on table and he proceeded to the kitchen. 
 
She watched her as he walked to the kitchen. She feels better now but she still can't forget that very one thing she wanted to have.
 
Just then, Sora's cellphone rang. She wasn't in the mood for a talk but since it's JB, she thought that maybe it's important for him to call that early. 
 
"Jaebum? Wae?"
 
"Sora, can you do me a favor of telling hyung that I won't be coming to the office today? You see, it's Jihye birthday." JB explained. "I know you understand and we both know that only you can change his mind."
 
"Well that, I don't know." She looked at the walking Leeteuk in pajamas carrying cups of coco at both hands. With his looks and messy hair, no one would think that he is the most powerful man in the Park Groups. "You know how passionate he gets about his work."
 
Leeteuk's brows creased. He quickly put down the cups and grabbed Sora's phone. He didn't bother to look who's on the other line and put it directly on his ear.
 
"Ya! Who is this? How dare you call someone else's wife at this early hour?" His face soften a bit when he found out that it's his cousin. "What's this? It's not even business hour yet, Mister Im." He pressed the loud speaker button and smiled playfully at Sora.
 
"Hyung, just this one please. I have to go and be with Jihye today. This day is extra special." JB said. "Ya, if not for me Sora would have met someone else!" 
 
"Ya!" Leeteuk shouted. He got annoyed at 'Sora would have met someone else' part. "You know I was thinking of giving you an off today but since you're irritating, no off for you - half day is fine."
 
"What the-- ya hyung!" He shouted over the phone that gotten Sora's attention.
 
"Ya Jaebum Im! Who gave you the permission to shout at my husband, you bratt! We're still your hyung and noona!" Sora grinned at the laughing Leeteuk.
 
 
 
"Aissh, chodings!" JB muttered through his gritted teeth. He can't believe that the two persons closest to him joined each other to tease and annoyed him. 
 
"What chodings?" His mom came out of nowhere and joined him in the veranda. She sat on the table and started to munch the breakfast that were served for them. 
 
"Aniyo." He said while shaking his head and joined her mom. "I didn't say any." 
 
"I'm not yet old and I completely heard you. Was that Leeteuk and Sora?"
 
"I can't believe those two! I played a major part in their story so why won't they let me have mine?" He sighed. "I'm starting to think that Sora likes me and hyung's jealous." He said before biting his bread like a dog.
 
"You're unbelievable!" His mom commented. "In case you forgot, you're major part in their story almost force and made your hyung give up his feelings for Sora! You fell in love with her." His mom explained while laughing.
 
"Omma, that was years ago. It's already part of the history."JB said. "Because I once fall for his wife and I'm so much handsome than him... Could it be that hyung's taking revenge on me?"
 
"Who's taking revenge on you?" Chairman Park came to join them for breakfast. He sat on his chair as JB's omma prepares his coffee.
 
"Your favorite grandson just did." He said while frowning.
 
"Favorite grandson?" Chairman Park looked at JB then to her daughter. "Seah, who is he talking about? He's my favorite grandson!" Seah shook his head while laughing.
 
"Really, grandpa?" JB's eyes widened and twinkled.
 
"Of course!" Chairman Park smiled proudly.
 
"Then let me have this day off!" JB exclaimed. "I knew you were always by my side."
 
"About that, ask Leeteuk." Chairman Park said and avoided JB's eyes. He sipped a little from his coffee.
 
"Aissh! This family is so rude to me!" 
 
"Seah, how's Leeteuk and Sora? I haven't seen them for long." Chairman Park asked.
 
"Do you want to call them, appa?" 
 
"Yes. Call them for me. Tell them to come over tonight. I have something to give them." 
 
"Arasso, appa." Seah smiled warmly at her father.
 
 
 
"Chairman, the young Master and Miss had arrived." The house helper left immediately after informing the old man. He got up from his seat and walked down to the veranda where he saw the couple with his daughter, Seah. "I'm glad to see you two here." He said, gaining their attention.
 
"Anyeong Harabeoji." Sora bowed. "How are you doing?" She planted a soft kiss on the old man's cheeks.
 
"I was close to getting mad because I thought you and your husband forgot all about me." The old man replied with a sad tone.
 
"We always see each other in the office, Grandpa." Leeteuk said while smiling. "Maybe it's Sora whom you wanted to see."
 
"How's being married with him? Is he giving you a hard time?" Grandpa Park asked Sora, totally ignoring Leeteuk.
 
"Aniyo, harabeoji. He's the best husband." Sora raised her thumb.
 
"Is that so? Then can you come back on small screen and do a drama with Seungho Yoo? I can produce a drama for you. I miss my OTP on screen."
 
Seah and Sora laughed together as Leeteuk frowned about his Grandpa's idea. 
 
"How can you still root for that couple when Sora's already married? That ship had hit an iceberg called Leeteuk Park." He said as his hands landed on his waist. Leeteuk was super annoyed.
 
"Leeteuk, what are eyelids for? If you're jealous then use it and close your eyes. I thought you're smart." His grandpa explained.
 
"If you still disagrees then there's this actor who's very charismatic and handsome." Seah joined in the teasing. "He's called Kim Woobin."
 
"Thanks for rooting for me, Harabeoji and Aunt Seah. But I think I won't be doing dramas for now." Sora explained.
 
"I think the iceberg is happy now." Seah commented and winked at Leeteuk. She stood up from her seat to help the others prepare their dinner. 
 
 
"The dinner was really good. Komawo Aunt Seah." Sora whispered after having dinner. "It's the best."
 
"I'm so glad you like them. I'll put some in a container so you can bring it to your house." 
 
"But where's JB?" Leeteuk asked all of a sudden.
 
"He said he'll be late. He'll be celebrating with Jihye." Seah explained. "Can you guys come with me upstairs? Appa has something to show you." 
 
Sora and Leeteuk looked at each other and nodded before standing up. He extended his hand as Sora intertwined hers with it. They walked hand in hand up to Leeteuk's room in his Grandpa's house. 
 
"W-what's this?" Leeteuk gasped at the view in front of him. Inside his room were all the baby stuffs they would need if ever they'll have a baby. There's a big white crib, a stroller, feeding bottles, clothes, shoes and even diapers. There's a big blue and pink bears sitting on the bed. 
 
"Your Grandpa was insisting we buy these for you during our stay in Paris." Seah said while crossing her arms in front of her. 
 
"This is a way reminding you to give me the little Park I've always wanted. I'm not getting younger anymore." Chairman Park said.
 
"Leeteuk-ah work twice hard, arasso?" Seah winked at him playfully.
 
"But isn't this too early? I mean, we've only been together for four months." Leeteuk looked at Sora with worry. She had stressed herself enough to have a child and his family's actions doesn't want him to add pressure to the weight. 
 
Sora squeezed his hand and nod as if telling him that she's fine. But still, he's worried. 
 
"Harabeoji, thank you for all the baby stuffs. We will use them with you and Aunt Seah on mind."
 
"Work on the baby fast." Grandpa tapped Sora's back but she can't even took her eyes out on the stuffs.
 
 
 
"This has been KBN News, reporting live from the Han River, Jihye Park." 
 
"Cut!" As soon as the director shouted cut, the smile in Jihye's face disappeared. Not only because she's working on her birthday but because there's only an hour left and yet she haven't seen even the shadow on his boyfriend. She's been trying to reach him but he'a not picking up while his secretary said that he's on a meeting. In short, he's nowhere to be found.
 
"Jihye-sshi, senior reporter Wang is asking for you back at the station. Run now, she's waiting." The director said in his deep, cold voice. "Oh, happy birthday."
 
"Indeed, a happy birthday." Jihye mumbled at herself.
 
"What?"
 
"A-aniyo! Thank you for the very heart warming greetings, Director. I'll go now." She turned her back and ran to the service van. "Back to the station, ahjussi." She tapped the driver before leaning her head on the seat.
 
On the way to the station, Jihye's fingers were itching to dial and call JB. How can he forget this day? He's so dead. She sighed and called Shinhye instead.
 
"Unnie, are you home? Don't sleep yet. I'm going to bring pork belly and soju." She said continuously.
 
"Mianhe, Jihye-ah. Yonghwa and I will go to his parents's house tomorrow. I need to sleep early so I look extra fabulous." Shinhye laughed but Jihye frowned. "By the way, what did your boyfriend got you, huh? And why are you asking me when you should have been spending some time with him?" 
 
Jihye's eyes widened, her pride kicked in. They shouldn't know that JB ignored her the whole day. 
 
"Unnie, see you at home. Senior reporter Wang's coming. Kbye." She ended up the call. "Should I call Sora unnie, instead? But she's already married. Wonder if her husband will allow that." She mumbled by herself.
 
After an hour, the van reached the station. Jihye lazily walked in the van and rode the elevator to Senior Reporter Wang's office. 
 
She sighed and flashed a smile before knocking and opening the door. "Anyeonghaseyo Senior Reporter Wang." But her jaw dropped when she saw that her room was dark! "Where on earth--"
 
"Jihye-sshi."
 
She turned around to see the reporter behind her.
 
"What took you so long?" She had her hands at her waist. "I've been waiting for so long. I don't have forever!"
 
"Kamsamnida, Senior." Jihye bowed her  head. "I covered an event in Han River and I ran all the way here."
 
"Here." Senior reporter Wang handed her a folder. "Go to the rooftop and cover that news. Now!"
 
"E-eh?" She was dumbstruck. It's her birthday and the least thing she wanted to do right now is to cover a news.
 
"Go. Now." 
 
Those were enough to move Jihye's feet. She rushed to the nearest elevator that will take her to the rooftop. 
 
"What kind of darn news will I find here?" She stepped out of the elevator and wad surprised to see different colors of balloons that were tied to the chairs, tables and even to the other decorations in there. Out of nowhere, she saw a silhouette walking closer to her. She gasped when she realized who it was.
 
"Happy Birthday, Jihye Park." JB said and smiled sweetly at her. He was holding a choco-coated cake with a candle on top.
 
 
 
 
Leeteuk was looking intently at Sora as she fixed his neck tie. It was another day and he had an important meeting to attend to that morning. He thought that she's still beautiful even though she hasn't washed her face yet. 
 
"What is it, Oppa?" Sora asked when his lips curved upward. She hasn't taken her eyes off the tie.
 
"Nothing. I just realized that I have a very pretty wife." 
 
Sora smiled at him and walked to their table to fix his bag. Leeteuk found it odd, because she never fails to say something back whenever he compliments her. She's been like that since last night. He walked closer to her and trapped her inside his arms.
 
"Oppa, you'll be late." 
 
"You're not pressured by Grandpa's gifts, right?" He said. He noticed that Sora was surprised because of what he said.
 
"I-I am not." She replied shortly, avoiding eye contacts with Leeteuk.
 
"Good." He flashed a smile. "Because there's nothing to be pressured about. Everything has it's own time." He planted a soft kiss on her lips before releasing her. "What do you plan to do today?"
 
"Nothing. I will stay at home waiting for my husband to arrive." 
 
"I like that." He grinned and grabbed Sora's hand.
 
 
 
Leeteuk's car was already out of Sora's sight when she decided to went in the house. She was about to go back to her room when their house helper came to her.
 
"You're mother's on the line, Ma'am." She said and handed the phone to Sora.
 
"Yobosehyo, Omma?" 
 
"Sora? I called just to check if you're ok. I was calling you at your cellphone but you didn't answer." Sora's mom asked with worry on her voice.
 
"Ah! I left my phone at Oppa's car." She recalled putting her bag under the driver's seat. "We went to visit Grandpa and Aunt Seah last night."
 
"That's good. How are they?"
 
"They're fine. Uhm.. Omma, can I ask you something?"
 
"What about?" 
 
Sora walked to the garden and look around to check if someone's listening or watching her. "Omma, I have a friend who haven't had her period in four months but every time she checks on pregnancy test, the result is always negative. Why do you think that happened?"
 
"You can't really rely on pregnancy tests because some gives the wrong results. If she's having unprotected for multiple times now and she's delayed, she better get herself check. I suggest she should see an OB-GYN."
 
Sora's eyes twinkled as if she found a cure. "Right, omma! I'll make sure to tell her that."
 
 
 
It's almost 4 in the afternoon when Leeteuk came from work. He had a bouquet of roses in his hands as he called for his wife.
 
"Yeobo, Oppa's home." He knocked on their room's door but was dismayed when he didn't saw her. He checked on the bathroom, kitchen, garden the other rooms but she wasn't there. "Ahjumma, where's Sora? Where's my wife?" He asked the cleaning ahjumma in their veranda.
 
"The miss left around 2. She didn't tell us where she'll go." The ahjumma explained. 
 
"Did she brought a driver?"
 
"Aniyo. She said she can drive now."
 
Leeteuk ran a hand on his hair. Where can Sora be? She can't get a hold of her because she left her phone. She called the cafe and she wasn't there. Even her friends can't tell where is she. What worry him the most was Sora learned to drive about two weeks ago. 
 
 
The sun was down and Leeteuk was still waiting, slowly losing his sanity. He decided to call the police for help because he didn't know where to look for her.
 
"Young Master, the Miss had arrived." That sounded music to his ears. Leeteuk, who didn't bother to change his suit rushed out of their room to meet Sora. Today, she will beg for me, he thought. But he was puzzled to see Sora standing the dark room, where they put arranged the baby stuffs into nursery. "S-Sora..."
 
Sora turned her back. Even though it's dark, Leeteuk can still see the sadness in her eyes.
 
"What happened?"
 
"Oppa, what if we'll never ever get the chance to use all of these?" She asked pertaining to all the baby things in the room.
 
 
 
"The reason you're having an irregular menstruation is because you have a hormonal imbalance." The ob gym explained at Sora. 
 
"Y-yes. I have friends who never gets their period every month so I thought it's ok." Sora said. "But I can still have a child even if I have it right?"
 
"Based on the test, you have an ovulation problems. You see, it's the condition that prevents the release of mature eggs from the ovary."
 
 
____________________________________
 
Hi everyone! Thanks for reading. :)
 
Please let me remind everyone that this is just a fiction, a work of my simple mind so please don't be offended. I'm sure Leeteuk and Sora will find a way out if this. :)