JJ Couple

Lucky in Love

"Can I sit?"

Jihye shivered as she heard his voice. She recognized it even without looking. She gathered all her strength and lifted her head - she's right. It's Jaebum. 

"Sure." She said. He smiled at her sweetly that made Jihye blushed. 

'Aissh. Pull yourself together Jihye Park. You can't fall for that smile again!' She thought and looked away.

There was a cold silence between the two. Once in a while, Jihye would steal glances at him but most of the time she caught JB staring at her and then she would smile at him awkwardly. 

"Ehemm.." He cleared his throat first before speaking which he regret later since it made him looked nervous more. "I-I didn't saw you in your sister's engagement party." 

'Really JB? It's the best thing you could say?'

"Ne." She replied. "There's this training that I can't afford to miss. But Of course I won't miss her wedding."

JB nodded. "I know you'll be the best anchorwoman in Seoul." 

Jihye smiled as her heart started to flutter. She's dying to know what happened to him for the past years. A part of her was saying 'don't ask, you'll get hurt' while the other says 'ask, you deserve to know.' At the end, she decided to give it a shot.

"W-what have you been up to this past few years?" She shyly asked.

"Nothing much. It kinda that unlike your sister, I didn't really go to college. I spend 5 years studying Business Management through home studies. Our grandpa arranged it for me."he said. "But I was relieved that I didn't have to go to NYBS like hyung did."

"How about Sora unnie? D-did you made a move on her? I'm sure you did!" Jihye tried her best to hide the pain she felt. "But... Did she dumped you?"

"Yah! The only person here who dumped me was you!" JB said almost shouting until he saw Jihye's shocked expression. "M-mian. You got it all wrong. I had a tiny crush on Sora but it was before I... Met you." 

JB saw how Jihye blushed because of what he said. "That night... The promise I made you... I just wanted you to know that I still keep it. I still like you and I'm still waiting for the day that you 'll be mine."

Her eyes widened as she heard him speak. She never thought that she'll hear those words from him. To her delight, she wanted to hug him, sing and dance. But since she's not that good in suppressing her emotions, she stood up.

"J-Jihye-ah, did I startled you?" JB asked. "M-mian."

"Lotte Cinema at Lotte mall, 5pm. Friday." She said without looking at him.

"W-what do you-?"

"Don't be late." She said and ran back to the house.
-----
Finally, the day JB was waiting for arrived--- it's Friday! JB slowly opened his eyes and a smile flashed on his face. 

"Goodmorning Sunshine!" He whispered but as soon as he uttered those words, his phone rang. "Y-yobohseyo?"

"Sir Jae, the President of Empire Hotel wanted to talk to you about the Jeju Project. He said it's urgent and set an appointment later at 4." Miss Lee, his secretary said.

"What?! Miss Lee, I specifically told you not to schedule anything today. Today's my free day!"

"I-i did Sir! But the President called Chairman Park and he said that you should come or else both of us will be fired." Miss Lee was panicking.

As soon as JB heard his secretary, he flew to Leeteuk's room. He found his cousin sleeping soundly.

"Hyung! You got to help me!" He cried but failed to wake his hyung. "Hyuungg!" 

Instead, Leeteuk pulled his comforter and hid under it. 

"Aissh!" He pulled his phone and dialled Sora's number. "Yobosehyo Sora-ya.."

In an instant, Leeteuk woke up and was standing on his feet. 

"Yah, you bratt! Who do you think you're calling!" Leeteuk said and snatched JB's phone. His eyes narrowed when he found out that it was all acting and Sora's not on the other line. "Why you--" he couldn't finish his words since JB knelt down in front of him.

"Hyung, please help me!"

Leeteuk pulled his cousin and glared at him.

"Please meet the President of Empire Hotel for our Jeju Project. Just this once hyung, just this once!" He was rubbing his hands as fast as he could.

"I can't." 

JB suddenly stopped rubbing. "W-why?"

"Sora has a photo shoot today and I need to be there."

"B-but hyung, Sora's photo shoot starts at 10am today which means you'll be free by 4." 

Leeteuk's eyes widened and acted like he's going to hit JB while he covered his head with his arms. "How did you know her sche-- did you call her?! I told you so many times to ask me first before calling her!"

"Mian, hyung. It's just that I'm so desperate. This is my last chance to get her heart back."

"Who?" Leeteuk asked.

"A girl from the past."

Leeteuk was shaking his head as he walked towards the bathroom. He was getting ready to pee when suddenly JB jumped in front of him.

"Yah! What is it this time?!" He asked, annoyed.

"I heard you did a lot of events for Sora. I'm just wondering if... If you could help me plan an event for her?" He showed him his puppy eyes.

"If you step out of my bathroom right now then I might consider helping you!" He yelled.
---
Korea Women's University. 

JB was staring at the university's front gate and then back at his watch. It's exactly 5pm and any minute from now, Jihye will be coming out. From outside, he checked the bouquet of red roses resting at the passenger's seat.

'Make sure to bring her flowers. Women loves flowers and surprises.' He recalled what Leeteuk said.

"Aish. What a ladies' man." He 
whispered at himself. Then he saw Jihye came out with her friends. Her eyes widened as surprise was written all over her face. JB quickly grabbed the flowers and gave it to the surprised Jihye. He could hear the "oooh" and "wows" of her friends.

"W-what are you doing here? How did you know I am here?" Jihye asked.

"I asked Sora." He answered with a wide smile.

'Asking friends about my whereabouts... Check!' She thought.

"Ehem.." One of Jihye's friend made a fake cough.

"Oh.." She totally forgot her friends now that she's with JB. "This is JB, these are my friends."

"So he's the one your-" her friend wasn't able to finish since Jihye elbowed her then glared at her.

"Yah, Jihye, JB-sshi's older than you! You should call him Oppa!" Her other friend as JB and Jihye blushed.

"Yah!" Jihye raised her arms and acted as if she's going to hit them. 

"What are you two doing when you should be on your date! Jihye had waited for this very day for five years!" The first one again.

"We should go or else they won't stop teasing." The blushing Jihye said.

JB immediately opened the door for Jihye before running back to the driver's seat.
---
"Oh, are we going to the Han River?" Jihye excitedly asked when she noticed the familiar streets they were passing.

"Y-yeah." JB answered. 

Jihye looked at JB and she saw her serious and nervous expressions. He kept looking at his watch.

"Are you ok?" She asked. "You seem... Bothered."

JB looked at her eyes then smiled weakly. "It's nothing. I'll tell you later." He said and turned his gaze at the road. Jihye, still feeling uneasy, decided to stop asking and keep it in.
 
Few minutes later, they reached the place. He pulled over the car and turned off the engine. JB opened the door for her. 

"Yah, Jaebum Im!" Jihye yelled because she's so annoyed but was shock that JB pulled her and ran. Suddenly, JB stopped running.

"W-what was that ?!" Jihye asked panting. She was catching her breath,

He looked at her with teary eyes. 

"W-why?"

JB pointed the ship that was sailing gracefully in the river. 

"We were supposed to get in. I had it reserved... But since the traffic was bad, we didn't make it on time." He qbowed his head. "I'm sorry."

JB let go of his grip but Jihye quickly grabbed his hand and clasped it with her's. JB looked at her with confused eyes but she just smiled at him and pulled him to the other side of the place. 

They walked hand in hand as they passed other lovers, families and children playing.

"Oh!" Jihye pointed a big, white balloon the vendor was holding along with other balloons. JB got it right away and bought it for her.

"Gomawo!" She gratefully took it and tied it on her bag. Afterwards, they sat at an empty bench they saw while they were walking. 

Jihye noticed that JB's still not talking. She thought that maybe he's still upset about the event he prepared.

"Wait here." She said and ran off leaving JB in the bench.

"Yah! Jihye! Where--." He stopped as he soon realized that it was useless to call her. After a few minutes, she came back with a plastic bag. One by one, she hand him over the chips and soda.

"Since you are not talking nor smiling, i thought you're hungry so I bought foods." She said smiling.

"N-no. It's just that-"

"You're still upset. I know." She said.

He looked down. "I wanted to throw an event for you. I'm sorry it ended this way."

Jihye shook her head. "Having you waiting outside my university was also an event you did for me. You handling me flowers was another. You planning a special thing for me, I consider it an event too. But do you know what's the grandest event you did for me?"

He shook his head slowly as he stared deep in her eyes.

"It is having you beside me." She wrapped her arms around JB as they felt the butterflies inside their stomach.
----
JJ Couple reminds me of JJ Project.  I added this chapter since I thought that these two needs their happy endings. :) 

Thanks for reading! ;)