The Invitation

Lucky in Love

The school bell rang as a sign that today's classes are finished in Korea Arts and Science University.

"Everyone don't forget to study for tommorow's exam." Miss Kim, the algebra teacher, reminded her students.

"Arasso Teacher Kim!" Sora's class answer in chorus. "Gomawo for today, Teacher Kim!"

As soon as the teacher stepped out of the classroom, Sora's classmates ran out crazily while Sora and Shinhye busied themselves in putting their books in the locker located at the corridor.

"I remember the day you showed me and told me that you bought a magical bracelet." Shinhye said while opening her locker.

"Yes. And eversince that day a lot of things happenned to me." Sora said. "First, Oppa became my friend in Facebook, then we met at the bench and went to the theme park...."

"And recently, he just asked you to be his girl!" Shinhye said with excitement. "I'm starting to believe that you're bracelet is really a lucky charm that will bring la-la-la-love!"

They both laughed at how Shinhye pronounced the word "love." Sora was done with her things in the locker and was waiting for Shinhye when she noticed that her best friend forgot to get her algebra book.

"You forgot to get your algebra book again!" Sora said.

"Oh, yes! Thanks for reminding me." Shinhye opened her locker again and pulled her notebook. But a navy blue envelope dropped on the floor the moment she pulled the notebook. Sora picked the envelope and gave it to Shinhye.

"What's this?" Shinhye opened the envelope and pulled a piece of navy blue paper inside. "Leeteuk Park's Thanksgiving and Birthday celebration...."

"Oh, you got one too?" Yonghwa appeared out of nowhere.

"You mean, you received one too?" Sora asked Yonghwa.

"Yes. Everyone received an invitation. Look around." he answered.

Sora and Shinhye looked around and saw that what Yonghwa said is true. Everyone around them looks happy and excited while holding a blue envelope from Leeteuk.

Leeteuk do celebrate his birthday every year privately, but this year is different. He invited the whole school including the students, teachers and all the staffs.

"You received an invitation too, right Sora?" Shinhye asked.

"Aniyo. I didn't received any."

"Are you sure?"

"Ya! Give me your locker key. I'll look." Yonghwa offered.

"Actually I only have 2 books in my locker so it's imposible not to see it." Sora said. "See... he just confessed to me that he likes me and yet he forgot to send me an invitation for his special day." Sora crossed her arms and pouted her lips.

"How can Leeteuk sunbae forget the one he love." Yonghwa said to cheer Sora but she's not in the mood for his joke.

Just then, JB came out of the classrooom to put his things on the locker but when he saw Sora, he quickly went back inside. He's been avoiding Sora and Sora's eyes for the whole day but this time, Sora ran after him with Yonghwa and shinhye behind.

"Ya Jaebum! You owed Noona an explanation! I wanna hear you out!" she said.

"Noona my ! Besides, I don't have anything to say to you!" JB tried to walk away but Sora already locked the front and the back door. "I don't deserved to be bullied like this by you!"

"Just tell us and we'll let you go." Sora said as if she's a leader of a gang.

"What are they talking about?" Yonghwa whispered to Shinhye.

"I totally have no idea." she answered.

"Fine! Fine!" JB said and sat on the chair facing Sora. "It is true. Leeteuk Park is my cousin." he confessed.

"What?! You're cousins?!"

"Hyung's appa is my uncle. But Chairman Park sent my omma away because he doesn't like my appa. From there, my parents decided to live in Canada. There, they raised me. Sometimes, I visit hyung here and whenever he's not busy studying, he visits me there."

"I know." Sora answered.

"You knew?! But why did you still asked me to tell you?!"

"That's because I want to torture you! I told you all about my feelings for Leeteuk Oppa but you hid the fact that you're cousins."

"It's because I don't want to be known as Leeteuk's cousin. I just wanted to be known as me... as JB who's cool enough for being him and not just a popular guy's cousin."

Yonghwa stood up from his seat and clapped his hands that brought laughter to them. "Enough of this vibes... It's so serious!"

"Mianada JB. Sorry for my actions." she held JB's hand to show her sincerity.

JB felt an electric shock from Sora's touch. He pulled his hand quickly. "Hyung will kill me if he sees us." he made an excuse.

"So... we're settled right?" Shinhye asked and she received a nod and smiles from her two friends. "Then, let's go. I'm starving."

"To Sora's cafe?" Yonghwa asked.

"To Sora's cafe!" JB, Shinhye and Sora answered in chorus.

Since their classroom is on the 4th floor, they had to take the stairs to reach the ground floor and exit out on the school gate. They were about to exit when they saw a bear running towards them. Not actually a real bear, but some guy in a bear costume. This bear grabbed Sora in the arms!

"Bad bear!" JB hit the bear in his head. "Leave Sora alone!"

But instead, the bear held Sora's hands. Sora, too, was surprised to what the bear did but since she thinks it is cute, she let the bear held her hands. Afterwards, the bear turn around. There was something written in his back:

Sora Kang, will you go to the party with me? I bet I'll gonna have the best time with you.

"I would. If only I was invited." Sora said and put her hands on the bear's shoulder. "Mianada."

The bear suddenly pulled a navy blue envelope from his pocket and gave it to Sora. It is the invitation she thought she would never get!

"F-for me?" she stutter while the bear nods. Since she was moved because of what the bear did, she gave her the answer. "Yes, I will go with you."

He jumped and jumped because of happiness and excitement but maybe the costume he is wearing's a bit heavy, he fell on the ground-lying! Yonghwa and JB came to help him stand.

"Are you ok?" Sora asked him and he only nodded. "It's hot... Why don't you... Wait, I'll do it for you.." Sora removed the head part of the costume and was surprised to see who the bear is. It's Leeteuk! All the girls watching and passing by them, scream in delight to see him.

"Anyoung Sora!" he said smiling.

"Oppa! I was surprised." she said. "But.. look at you. All covered in sweat." She pulled a floral handkerchief and wiped Leeteuk's sweat.

"Sora-ya.." he said while Sora busied herself wiping his sweaty face. "You can't take back what you just said. You will be my date on my birthday."

--- ---

Hello! This is Christine again. Please forgive me if my story isn't good enough. Sorry for my limited knowledge about some things. But a very sincere thanks to those who subscribed and never fails to comment on my updates. Because of you, I am inspired to continue and write. I may fail to reply [due to some connection problems] to your comments but believe me, they are very much appreciated. Thank you so much. Have a good day! :)