Jihye's Thoughts

Lucky in Love

Jihye came in the famous and biggest cinema house in Seoul. She proceeded at the counter and bought 2 tickets for the last full showing of the movie Catching Fire. She loves this movie so much and even read it's book. She's so excited to watch her favorite movie but what makes her heart jump was the thought of watching it with Jaebum.

"Aissh.." she whispered as she checked her watch and found out that she's thirty minutes early. Her feet lead her to the comfort room. She watched herself in the mirror and smiled at what she saw - a woman wearing a blue-knee lenght dress, carrying a white handbag while her hair was beautifully tied back. She really did turned from being boyish to a young lady all because of love. She chuckled as she stepped out. She checked her bag first and smiled when she saw the small box in it. It was her surprise gift for him.

"Oppa will be surprise." She blushed as her tongue slipped and call JB her Oppa. She sat at the waiting area and waited for JB until it's almost time for the last full show.

"Aigoo." Jihye dialled JB's number but he didn't pick up. She tried to call and text him but she didn't get any response. She felt like crying but she manage to keep it in.

"I'll call Yonghwa instead."

Good thing she has his number. Jihye decided to call him instead of his sister to avoid all her unnecesarry questions, which was more like an interrogation.

"Jihye-ah?" Yonghwa answered in disbelief. This was the first time she called him in his 3years relationship with her sister.

"Ne, Yonghwa." she answered."By chance, is JB with you? I-I just wanted to... uhm.. borrow his pc game.. right!"

"Oh, I see. But JB's not with me. He's in the Kang's cafe. Maybe you haven't heard the news but Leeteuk Park left the country leaving Sora heartbroken so he stayed with her for the mean time. Actually I'm on my way there. Your unnie's already at the cafe." Yonghwa said.

Jihye felt her heart was going to break.

"Why don't you come and let's cheer Sora up." Yonghwa continued. "Yobohseyo, Jihye-ah?"

"Ne, Yonghwa." Jihye respond. "I-I'll go some other time." She said and hunged up.

_________________________________________________________________________

The atmosphere was weird and full of tension inside the Kang's cafe. Sora's working in the counter as JB and Shinhye stared at her nervously. They think that she'll break down any minute from now.

"Yah, what are you two doing?" Yonghwa whispered at them and joined the two at the table. He looked at Sora's direction and was pleased at what he saw. "Sora seems fine. No traces of broken heartedness."

"And that's what's more dangerous." Shinhye said. "Leeteuk-sshi's her first love and this is her first major heartbreak."

"Seriously?" Yonghwa said in disbelief. "Why don't you just bring her in the club and let her meet new guys? That way he'll forget his first love fast."

"Yah!" JB shouted and caught Sora's attention. "That first love is my hyung!"

"Mian." Yonghwa said and scratched his head. "Anyway, Jihye's looking for you. She just called me."

"Jihye did?" Shinhye's eyes widened.

Oh crap! I totally forgot about the movie date!

"Go. I'm fine." Sora, who suddenly appeared beside them, said.

JB rushed out and rode a taxi to the cinema house.

_________________________________________________________________________

There was an accident on the way to the movie house that cause a heavy traffic. JB annoyingly flattened his back at the passenger seat. He took his phone and found 56 missed calls and 20 messages all came from Jihye. The message says that he needs to hurry, where is he and the movie is starting. He tried to call her but her phone's turned off now. He sighed heavily. He needs to apologize and expplain everything to her. JB got off the cab and ran in the streets.

The movie house was already closed when he reached the place. Panting, he tried to push the door. The security guard saw him.

"I-I-I need to go in!" he said panting. "Someone's waiting for me inside!"

"We're close. No one's inside!" his voice was mighty.

JB tried to go in but the guard pushed him and he fell on the ground.

"JB-ah!" Jihye came and help him stand.

JB was so happy to see her. He held him in her arms tight. "Jihye-ah, mian."

Jihye smiled but her eyes was still sad. "It's ok."

"I'll treat you tommorow! I promised!"

Jihye just nodded.

"Aren't you going to punch and kick me like you usually do?"

"Ani."

"Are you mad because I forgot about today?"

Jihye shook her head. She turned her back and walked away from JB. JB followed afterwards.

"Yah Jihye Park! Don't be like this. If you're mad at me, shout at me! Punch me or kick me! Don't just stay quiet like this! This isn't you!"

"I'm tired JB-ah." she faced JB. "I'm tired of waiting for you."

JB saw her sad eyes clearly and wondered why are they like that. Suddenly his heart felt heavy. He didn't know why, but he became nervous. "T-then go home and sleep."

Jihye shook her head. "I.. I gave up now." she said. "I tried to hold on and make you realized that I am the one for you, hoping that your heart will change but I was wrong. It was Sora unnie all along."

Confused, JB shook his head. "W-what are you saying?"

"All our dates were post poned because of her. Whenever she had difficulty, you would come to her running, leaving me all alone, waiting for you patiently. Your eyes and heart belongs only to her. You didn't even noticed what I did for you."

"B-but Sora's my friend... our friend."

Jihye took the tiny blue box in her bag and handed it to JB. "This is my last gift for you. Thank you for everything. Let's not meet again in a situation like this." Jihye gave JB a soft peck in the cheeks. "Take care."

She turned again and walked away from him.

"Jihye-ah." she heard JB said that made her stop from walking. "This time, I'll be the one to hold on and wait for you patiently until you realized that it's not anyone else, that it was you all along. You're more beautiful in dresses. I noticed it all."

Jihye's tears fell but her mind and heart had decided. She walked away leaving JB behind.

_________________________________________________________________________

The cafe was already closed but Sora was still working. She was standing at the sink, washing all the cups, mugs, and everything they used that day. Her mom and her cousin Sungmin watched at her with pity. They learned from Shinhye the heart-breaking news.

Her father passed by and saw the two. Sora's mom pulled him and talked to him.

"What? Why should I talk to her?" his dad said. "Your her mom so you should go!"

"You know I can't do that Yeobo!" her mother protested. "In this case I won't be able to spit any word without letting my tears fall!"

Sora's dad walked closer to her daughter but was startled when she started to speak.

"I'm fine, Appa. You don't have to worry." Sora said without getting her eyes off the dishes she's washing.

"Why? I can't have a chat with my daughter?" he said and leaned on the sink beside her daughter. Now he can see her face clearly. Her eyes were swollen and her nose was as red as tomatoes. He can't help but laughed at her.

"Appa!" Sora stomped her feet. "Don't do this to me!" she said and suddenly all tears she's been holding in, fell.

Her dad was quick and hugged her tight. He caressed her back as he let his daughter sobbed on his chest.

"Appa!" she whispered as she sobbed.

"It's alright. Cry until your chest loosened up." he said and caressed her back. Sora cried for minutes. "You know baby, it was so brave of you to let Leeteuk pursue his studies. Appa is proud of you."

Sora release his dad from her hug. She wiped her tears and listened to what his dad is saying.

"I know it hurts because you love him. But you're still young. Take this time and opportunity to know and do what you really want and what you wanted to become. You're a strong, young kiddo Sora. Look into your heart and fulfill your dreams."

 

Next Chapter Preview:

Oppa, Five long and lonely years had passed quickly... and I missed you so much. Do you feel the same too?

Sora quickly closed her laptop as her manager and stylist came in her dressing room.

_________________________________________________________________________

Good day everyone! Thanks again for reading! Thanks to my subscribers and for your comments! :)

Since it's 2:41 am here, this author is off to dream land now. Goodnight guys!

This author loves you! ♥