The New Classmate

Lucky in Love

"I didn't know you still believe in magics!" Shinhye bursted into laugher when she heared the story of the bracelet Sora is wearing. They are inside their classroom waiting for their teacher to come that morning.

"The vendor is so believable! She said I love someone but he doesn't love me back."

"Friend... anyone had experience unrequited love. It's so easy to guessed that!"

"Not anyone." Sora disagreed. "Look at you and Yonghwa." Shinhye shook her head. "And I really believe this bracelet is magical because I lost it but found it's way back to me."

"How? Did the cupid gave it back to you?"

Sora's eyes grew bigger. "Maybe what you said is true! Maybe he is really a cupid!"

"You're so silly." Sora and Shinhye's laughter stopped when the teacher came inside.

"Good morning students." she greeted first. "It is indeed a good morning because today you will meet your new classmate. He came from Canada and transfered to our school. So I expect that you all will treat him really well."

"Yes Miss!" they answered in chorus.

"Meet Mr. Jaebum Im." as the teacher called his name, their new classmate enter the classroom. Jaebum appeared with a sweet smile on his face and all of a sudden, the room was filled with girl's screaming and whispering. Indeed. Jaebum Im is a flower boy.

"I am Jaebum Im and I came from Canada. I grew up there but my parents raised me speaking our native language." he was smiling while introducing himself. "We will become good friends if you call me JB." he said coolly. As he finished talking, the girls started to scream again except for Sora who look tensed and confused.

"Ya Sora!" Shinhye who was sitting behind her notice her. "I know JB is really cute but isn't it unappropriate to look like that?" Shinhye whispered.

"It's the guy who ate at our cafe and the one who found this bracelet!"

"So? Those are just coinsidences."

"But.. but..." she hesitated to talk. "But I told him about my feelings and Leeteuk!"

"What?!" Shinhye was also surprised. "How could you say such things to a stranger!"

"Because... I never thought I would meet him again."

"Go on Jaebum." it's the homeroom teacher. "You can sit wherever vacant seat you'd like to sit." the teacher gave her approval.

"Ok." he looked around for a while but he was surprised to see a familiar face inside the classroom. "Sora Kang..." he thought to himself. He decided to sit behind the girl beside Sora.

"OMG. He's behind Shinhye! I should hide myself!" Sora thought.

The class ended and it's time for their lunch. Sora is still sitting in her chair waiting for JB to stand up. She didn't want him to recognized her so she bowed her head and told herself that she will wait until JB walked out of the room. Shinhye went to the bathroom so there's only the two of them inside the room. 10 minutes passed: he is still sitting and she is still waiting. Until he stand up. Sora felt so relieve when he stand up.

"I didn't want to stand up but I could her your stomach roaring." he was already standing beside Sora.

"Wh... what are you saying?" Sora acted as if she's clueless, she still bowed her head.

"You thought I won't recognize you, Sora Kang?" to Sora's surprised, JB touched her chin and lifted her head. They are now facing face to face! Sora now could see JB's handsome face and sweet smile. Sora was shocked for a while but she manage to stand up and move away from JB.

"What are you saying?! I don't know what you're talking about!"

JB smiled and said: "I can see you're wearing the bracelet. So... did it worked to Leeteuk Park?" Sora was so surprised to hear those from JB so she covered her ears. "What? Did it work to your love Leeteuk Park?"

"Stop saying his name!" Sora shouted. "Okay. I'm sorry I acted as if I don't know you. But wait.. I really do not know you. I mean, I'm sorry I acted as if I haven't met you but in fact you helped me last time." JB nodded. "But please... can you help me by keeping my secret? Only my best friend knows my feelings for him and I don't want our classmates to know."

"Okay." JB answered.

"Oh thank you!" to Sora's happiness, she hugged JB and was about to run out of the classroom.

"Wait! In one condition.."

"Co.. condition?!"

"Since I already know your secret, I would like you to treat me as your best friend too." JB said. "And I love your mom's cookies."

Sora move closer to JB and looked at him from head to toe.

"What?!" curious JB asked her.

"Are you gay?"

"WHAT? NO!"

"Are you sure? There's nothing bad about being one. I haven't met a man who wanted to be best friends with a girl... plus a man who loves cookies."

"Hey you! Do you wanted me to keep your secret or not?!" JB looked so annoyed.

"Of course! Of course! Just forget what I said. I'm just talkative. You know, talking about this and thats."

"But first let's start from you adding Leeteuk's facebook account." JB sat in the arm chair, took his phone and started typing.

"I already did." Sora said proudly.

"But are you sure that's his personal account? I mean, this Leeteuk guy is kinda popular here."

"How did you know these things? Are you sure you're not---" Sora wasn't able to finish what she was about to say because JB is already glaring at her. So she just sat beside JB and listened to what he say. She typed down her mail and password on his phone. Using Sora's account, he added the account he believed is Teuk's personal account.

"Okay. Let's just wait for your bracelet to work... and for Leeteuk to accept your request."