Chapter 7: Walking Around Seoul

Fated Promise

Myungsoo’s POV

As I walked through the streets, I felt like people kept staring at me. It’s been a while since I walked around the city right after school. Usually, I would take the bus or ask my dad’s manager to drive me there. Today, I decided to walk because I was taking my partner/rival to my family company building to work on a project.

Honestly, I wished I wasn’t partnered with her. Of course she probably would have said the same thing to me because she believes I have no soul or a heart. Apparently to her, I’m just a living body. Speaking of Naeun, I glanced behind and saw she was trailing behind but it was different from just following me. She seemed to be enjoying her walk around the city just like the day when she was able to escape her work.

Is she always like this? I watched a lady that was selling hairpins, approach her and asked her that she looked pretty with a hairpin on the side. Naeun kindly refused and told her that she already had a hairpin. She showed the lady a hairpin and realized that was the same hairpin on Sungyeol’s phone screensaver.

We were in the library, working on our summer work and decided to take a break. So while we were on break, we started to talk about what we did at the mall with the girls that picked us. Sungyeol told me about how he and Naeun were having a lot more fun than the rest of us. Yeah, that’s because he escaped in the first place. He then told me what he bought at the accessories store. I took Sungyeol’s phone and on his phone was a particular hairpin. It was weird that he placed that a screen saver so I asked him why he had such a picture. He told me that it was supposed to be a picture of someone wearing it but she was too shy to get her picture taken. We then went back working on our summer work.

Was this the same hairpin? It looks like it. Nah, it must be something else. Why do I always assume and why do I even care? I glared at Naeun who was still talking to the lady. I gave a noticeable cough and gave gestures that we were wasting time. She glared at me that I was being rude and smiled back at the lady. She apologized to the lady that she needed to leave and continued trailing behind me.

I honestly didn’t know why I was angry all of the sudden. Usually, I was rather emotionless but every time I glanced at Naeun, the first thing I would look at was that hairpin. Why was it bothering me? I shook the thought away and saw we were almost at the end of the sidewalk.

We needed to cross the side walk in order to get to the other side. I glanced at Naeun and saw she was looking at me. I started to walk to forward across the streets. When I got the other side, I looked behind me and saw that Naeun wasn’t behind me.

“Son Naeun?” I said as I looked through the crowd. Where is she!?!

I looked at the other side of the rode and saw she was stuck on the other side. That stupid girl! I told her to follow me! I looked closely and saw she was surrounded by two guys. I couldn’t really see what was happening but when the crosswalk light , I ran toward the other side.

“Aish, you stupid girl! I told you follow me,” I muttered as I ran toward her.

When I got there, I pulled toward her toward me and embraced her. I chuckled in annoyance because of them.

“You know what’s funny. When I thought she was following me, she wasn’t. Do you know why? It’s because you two decided it was the best to bother her. Well, let me tell you something, this girl is my property. I suggest you leave before I punch both of your faces for bothering her,” I said while giving a deadly glare at them.

They were about to fight back but I wasn’t backing down if they were going to start a fight. Instead, they ran off while I watched them leave. When they were gone, Naeun pushed me away.

“I could have handled them, jerk!” she yelled.

“Handled them!?! You were almost in danger if wasn’t because of me. Aish, why don’t you ever listen to me!?! This is exactly why I told you trail behind me, didn’t I!?!” I yelled because she was driving me angry again.

She glared at me and I did the best next thing. I took her hand and dragged her toward the company. Screw telling her to trail me, I don’t want that sort of thing to happen again and I’m wasting my time yelling at her.

When we arrived, I let go her hand and walked toward the lobby to explain to the front office about my sudden surprise about bringing a girl.

“Wait, here brat. Don’t go anywhere, got it?” I said looking at her.

She nodded and didn’t look at me as I didn’t bother asking what’s wrong as I walked toward the front lobby.

I know for thing for sure is that I’m glad she is safe.  

 

Naeun’s POV

I walked around the streets while I trailed behind Myungsoo. It was annoying at first but I thought it was fun because he didn’t care what I was doing as long as I was following him. I smiled at the people who offered me things as I walked around the streets. I told my manager that I was going to be late today because school work mattered a lot more and Myungsoo wouldn’t care if I worked.

It was for the best if I finished this project first before I worked because I knew that Myungsoo wouldn’t stop annoying me until we finish. As I was walking, I caught my eye at a lady selling hairpins.

“Ah, why hello there dear, would you like one of these hairpins?” asked the lady.

I looked at the bowtie hairpin and saw it would be pretty but I already had a hairpin. It was the one that Sungyeol suggested for me. He picked out a butterfly hairpin that was decorated in fake jewels but it still glittered in the light. I loved it because it was so pretty. I remembered he tried to take a picture of me while wearing it.

He almost took a picture of me but I escaped every time he tried to take a picture of me. So instead he took a picture of the pin and told me that it will remind him about our weird hang out.

“Ah, no thanks, I already have one,” I said, smiling while showing it to her.

“That is beautiful, who gave it you?” said the lady as she looked at the pin.

“Ah, no, it was suggested by my friend. He said it matched me more because he said the jewels represented all my talents, surprises, and secrets,” I said to the lady.

The lady smiled and said that it did fit me as we were interrupted with Myungsoo’s fake cough.

“What do you want?” I said looking at him with annoyed expression.

“You’re wasting time standing there, brat. We are still far away from the company so step it up!” he said with an angry tone.

I rolled my eyes on him and apologized at the lady for Myungsoo’s rude behavior. She smiled at me and told me it was fine. She also gave me a pin for free and it was a music note that had a heart shaped by the treble clef and the bass clef. It was pretty but I don’t think this would be a good pin for me to wear. I stuffed it into my pocket and walked on, following Myungsoo.

Suddenly, we neared the end of the street and I looked at Myungsoo as he explained that we needed to cross the rode in order to get to his family’s company. When he started to cross the street, I was about to follow but two guys blocked my way.

“Aww, lady did you lose your way here?” asked the guy.

He looked more like a dropout from a school because he was wearing a school uniform. I ignored him and started to walk around him because I knew that Myungsoo was probably going to get angry. All of the sudden, he pulled me back as I pushed him away from me. I knew how to defend myself as I tried to kick him but he was far too strong of me.

“Aww, cute, this girl is trying to run away,” said the guy as he started to approach me.

I thought it was going to be the end of me as I tried to back away from them but then suddenly someone pulled me toward him. I felt so thankful that someone saw me in danger. I felt so secured in his arms until he started to speak.

Kim Myungsoo? As he spoke, the guys that were bothering me were scared of him. He looked at him and saw his glare. It was a scary glare. It was like at that moment, he actually cared about my existence.  He looked like the ice prince that everyone was talking about. I looked at the boys and as they started to approach me. Myungsoo hugged me tighter as they approached us. It was like he didn’t want anything to happen to me. They stopped approaching toward me after he said that I was his property. Wait, did he just say I was his property!?! That jerk! I’m a human being, not some property!

The dropouts finally gave up on me and started to leave. When they left, I pushed Myungsoo because he was too close to me. I felt like his scent of his cologne was getting onto my uniform. I said the most stupid thing to him. I said that I could have handled them when I couldn’t even beat up one of them. When I said that stupid comment, he started to yell at me. I was scared of him for the first time because I never saw him that angry before.

When he was done yelling at me, he started to walk ahead and I followed behind. All of the sudden, he went back toward me and took my hand. I thought we were going to walk but instead, he dragged me and paced quickly to the company.

I felt his grip tightened around my hand like he didn’t want to lose me again. I didn’t understand why he felt that way. I wasn’t going to leave him, maybe because he didn’t want something like that to happen again.

When we got to the front lobby, he told me to stay put so I stood there and looked at the scenery. The company looks very high class and fancy unlike my family’s company. I remember my family company had a lot of art and photographs around the front lobby. It was basically the photographs that my father and my mother took.

My father’s company was different from most companies. I remember it was basically more artistic than the other business companies. My father's was more like an art museum than such sort. There were a lot of windows because my mother loved the brightness of the sun and light in her photos. Since my father loved my mother, he made the front lobby bright. Although I don’t know about now, my father seemed to be hidden within the walls of his office. I never visited his company, now, because I knew that inside that company was the aura of depression and corrupt spirit.

I shook the thought away as I saw a flash of light and I realized that Myungsoo took a picture of me.

“YAH! Why did you take a picture of me?”

“It was for your card, idiot,” he said as he gave the camera to the person at the front desk.

Did my picture look bad? I glanced at the camera that Myungsoo used to take a picture of me. It looked like one of the cameras that my father would sell. I shook the thought away as Myungsoo gave me my visitor pass.

“Here, you better not lose this. I don’t supply extra copies. Anyways, I heard you work so let’s work on the project tomorrow. You better not be here late or I will not be a happy person,” he said as he gave me my pass.

I looked at my pass and saw that he took a good picture of me. I wasn’t smiling nor was I frowning. I looked like I always looked like when I had my school ID.

“You are never a happy person,” I said.

He didn’t argue with me and went close to me. I didn’t look up at him as he was trying to take out a speck of dust or something on my hair. After he did that, I backed away from him, waved goodbye, and headed to work. I stuffed the pass into my school bag but this was a secret between Myungsoo and me.

****

“Mr. Kim, how long are you planning to stand there?” asked the manager as Myungsoo watched Naeun leave.

In his hand was the pin that Sungyeol suggested to Naeun. The reason he had it was because he was trying to get the speck of dust and then he felt a sudden hint of jealousy when he looked at the pin. He didn’t like the feeling so he slowly took the pin out of her hair. He hid the pin in his hand as Naeun waved goodbye before she left. When she was gone, Myungsoo turned to his father’s manager.

“Until she left but she’s gone already so there is no need to stay here,” he said as he walked into the elevator and went to do his work.

While Myungsoo was working, Naeun finally noticed her pin was missing. She panicked and tried to look for it because Sungyeol told her to wear it on the first day of school. She knew that she had it before she left the school. She started to ask questions about the whereabouts of her pin. Did I lose it when those guys were bothering me? What am I going to do? Sungyeol suggested that for me and it was the last kind of pin in the store. I don’t have enough money to buy any replica and it was a beautiful pin too. She stopped thinking about the pin and worked for 3 hours before she left for home.

The next day, Sungyeol slipped a note in Naeun’s schedule book while she was looking for books during study hall. When Sungyeol saw Naeun coming back, he left for class. Naeun opened her schedule book and there lied the note that Sungyeol had placed. She saw her name was nicely written in script and she opened the letter.

Hey,

During lunch can you meet behind the greenhouse?

Don’t tell anyone!

-the choding

Naeun smiled at the note and placed the note into her schedule book. She gathered her things and was about to walk but someone bumped into her. Before she could catch his eye, he left something on a floor. It was a present but the weirdest thing was, it was for her. She took out the small card and read the note.

Here,

This hairpin fits you better.

No one placed a name or any initials on the card or present as she opened the present and saw a silver floor hairpin. She looked at the pin and saw it was much more expensive than the butterfly that Sungyeol gave her. So pretty! Wait, how did this person know about my missing butterfly pin? She didn’t understand who would know about the butterfly pin but she didn’t mind. She also loved the silver flower hairpin anyway. Realizing that she was meeting up with Sungyeol later, she knew that she had to tell him about the missing butterfly pin. She placed the silver flower pin on her hair and then walked to class.

While Naeun walked out of the library, he held the butterfly pin in his hands and began to feel satisfied.

“At least that will take care of that horrible feeling. Best part is that she doesn’t know who gave it to her. I’ll just leave it as a mystery. As for the butterfly pin, I’ll keep it until Sungyeol forgets about it. It’s not his anyways,” he whispered as he placed the butterfly pin in his pocket and walked to class.

 


I finished studying early so I was able to do this chapter.
Not that much happened. 
Although it is shorter than the rest of the chapters.
Sowwie. >.<
Subscribe or comment or both o/ =3