Chapter 30: Troublesome Lie

Fated Promise

Myungsoo’s POV

“Merry Christmas!” yelled Apink and Infinite as they sat around the living room at my house.

It was two days before Christmas and I decided to host a party because I was lonely this Christmas break. My parents decided to take a vacation in Australia and I was stuck at home. Naeun never called me back after the day she told me she passed her test for NYU. I’m glad for her but I missed her, deeply.

Naeun, are you doing well in school? Have you forgotten about me?

Do you still think about me?

I didn’t know what was happening at United States but I did miss her. I wanted her to come back already. She promised me that day when she passed that she would visit me during her breaks at college.

“Hey, Myung,” said Sungyeol as he put an arm around me.

“Hmm?” I asked while looking at my friend.

“You’ve been spacing out. We are about to start the gift exchange,” said Sungyeol.

“Really? Can you give my gift to Namjoo when I get the present from one of our friends? I got her for that Secret Santa gift,” I said.

“You had Namjoo?!? I was scowling at Dongwoo for nothing then.”

“Yeah, anyways can you let me leave me alone for a while? I’m going to drive to the park. I’ll be back at the party, just don’t let them leave the entertainment area.”

“Okay,” said Sungyeol as he left me to myself.

I watched him go to the entertainment area and then started to head to the front entrance. I took my car keys, Naeun’s letter, and her Christmas gift. I drove to Seoul and toward the park. In Naeun’s letter, she stated that she will be at the park once break starts for her. I’ve been going to this park ever since break has started. I watched people walked past the bench that I would sit at because I still have hope that she will be here. Every time I would go here, she wasn’t here but I still had hope.

I walked down the park and saw couples holding their hands. There were families that were skating on the ice and children that played in the snow. I was happy for them but I couldn’t be happy. I missed her. Was it time for me to let go? It’s already been 5 months since I last saw her. I sat on the bench and watched the snow starting to fall. It already feels like Christmas.

 

Naeun’s POV

I ran out of Incheon airport while carrying my luggage. It was already snowing. Chorong informed me that something happened to Myungsoo while I was gone. He had gotten a serious concussion. I told myself that I wouldn’t go back to Korea, not even the holidays. Even though I wrote him that letter that I would come back during my breaks, I couldn’t. I lied to him that I would come back. When Chorong called me a few days ago, I was informed that Myungsoo got into a serious concussion. I was started to panic and started to pack my things.

Now I’m standing in front of Incheon airport looking for an available taxi. I finally found one.

“TAXI!” I yelled as I ran over to a taxi across from the entrance of the airport.

The driver looked at me and then asked me the address. I told him the address to Myungsoo’s mansion and held onto my luggage as he drove quickly. In the taxi, I was crying because I had lied about seeing him again but yet one problem about him causes me to come back. I haven’t talked to him since I got accepted into NYU. I was so happy and everything but then things at college was horrible. I knew no one. I didn’t speak to anyone until one man approached me. He wasn’t a friend but just a classmate. I don’t want to talk about him because right now I was worried about Myungsoo.

When the driver parked in front of the gates of Myungsoo’s home, I pressed onto the speaker and waited for someone to answer the speaker.

“Hello?”

“I’m Son Naeun, a friend of Myungsoo. Please open the gates,” I said rather quickly.

“Prove it.”

“What? How?”

“Oh give me the mike. Miss Son, is that you?” asked Myungsoo’s manager.

“Yes! It’s me. Open the gate please?” I asked.

“Certainly.”

The gate opened and I ran up toward his mansion with my luggage. I left my luggage at the front entrance and waited for the door to open. When it opened, I yelled at someone.

“YAH! Where is- Sungyeol?” I asked.

“Naeun!?! Hey guys! It’s Naeun!” yelled Sungyeol.

What? I’m so confused. . .why is he at his house?

“Really!?!” yelled Namjoo as she ran toward me.

“NAEUN!” yelled all of Apink exceot Chorong.

They all tackled me into a hug and I was confused at why Apink was here with Infinite.

“Naeun, how are you?” asked Bomi.

“Yeah, what are you doing here?” asked Hayoung.

“I was going to say the exact same thing,” said Namjoo.

“I can’t answer any of your questions. Where is Myungsoo?” I said, still looking worried.

“He’s at Seoul Park. Why?”

“What? Seoul Park? Why is a guy with a serious concussion doing outside of his house!?!?” I yelled.

“Why would he have a concussion when he invited all of us here?” asked Sungyeol with a confused face.

“Wait does that mean-” I stopped midway and turned to Chorong.

“Hello Naeun, and I know what you’re thinking. Why did I lie to you? Well, I have to give Myungsoo a gift for our secret gift exchange. I know that items were not going to work so I had to lie to bring you back,” said Chorong.

“But why? I was fine in NYC.”

“Yes but if you were happy in NYC, you wouldn’t have come back to Myungsoo when he was in a concussion, wouldn’t you?” asked Chorong.

I glanced at Chorong and gave a sad face. She was right. I wanted to see Myungsoo. I needed him.

“Where is he, unnie?” I asked.

“At Seoul Park,” said Chorong.

I was about to leave but all of the sudden, Chorong pulled me back.

“Wait! I have to place a ribbon around your neck and my gift tag. You’re my present to him. Sheesh,” said Chorong.

I laughed at what Chorong had said and waved goodbye to my friends.

****

Apink and Infinite waved goodbye to Naeun and walked back inside. While walking back inside, Woohyun looked at Chorong.

“You told Naeun that L had a concussion just so you can hand Naeun to Myungsoo?” asked Woohyun.

“I know, clever isn’t it? I feel like she won’t trust me after that. I was risky and I saw that no present can cheer L unless it was Naeun so my gift to him was Naeun,” said Chorong.

“What about me?” whined Woohyun.

“You’ll get your present later,” laughed Chorong as she gave him a small peck on the cheek.

“Get in a room,” said Eunji.

“Oi, Eunji, you and Hoya were kissing each other not too long ago because Hoya placed mistletoe underneath you and him. Why don’t you two get into a room?” teased Bomi.

Dongwoo and Sungyeol laughed at Bomi’s joke while Dongwoo was patting Bomi’s head.

“That was a good one, unnie,” said Namjoo as she sat next to Sungyeol.

“Anyways, since Chorong gave L her present, it’s L’s turn,” said Sungjong.

“I have his present,” said Sungyeol as he gave Namjoo, L’s present.

“Bwoh!?!” said Namjoo.

While Apink and Infinite were still doing their gift exchange, Naeun was running toward Seoul Park. She stopped running when she was at the park. She collapsed onto the floor after running a long distance from Myungsoo’s house to the park. As she rested her legs, she saw it was already snowing. She looked up to the sky and then at the park. She stood up and brushed all of the snow off her coat and hair. While she was brushing the snow off of her, someone stood in front of her. She stopped when she felt someone was staring at her and glanced up. Her eyes gazed at his eyes as she stood still.

Myungsoo sat on the bench and tears resurfaced his face. He had given up on Naeun. His heart was already hurting as he decided to go home. He let the wind caress his cheeks as his tears felt cold on his face. He was becoming L. L was what the other students called him at school before Naeun came. He decided to adapt to it because his heart felt empty and hollow. No one could probably mend it except her. He walked toward the park and saw someone brushing off snow off her coat.

Why is the outside of her coat full of snowflakes? Why are her legs white like snow? Did she sit down or something? Did she slip? Why do you care, Myungsoo?

When he walked closer to her, he couldn’t believe his eyes. The one he wanted to give up on. . .the one who he had been waiting for. . .the one who broke his heart yet could mend it was standing in front of him. He watched her stop brushing off the snow as she stared at him.

He wanted to embrace her but his legs made him stay there. She wanted to tell him that she missed him but she stayed silent. They stood and stared at each other for two minutes until Myungsoo walked in front of her.

Naeun widened her eyes as she turned around and was about to turn around and run away because Myungsoo’s walk was more like running to her. She started to walk faster and eventually started to run. Myungsoo was confused with Naeun’s action as he ran toward her slipped because of the snow. Naeun heard a thud and saw Myungsoo on the ground.

“Myungsoo!” yelled Naeun as she ran toward him and sat next to him.

Myungsoo decided to act like he was hurt as he closed his eyes and stayed still. He felt his head was laid onto Naeun’s lap and tried to act like he was unconscious. Naeun checked his head if there was a sign of any concussion and then touched his face.

“Please, don’t get a concussion. I came back because Chorong unnie said that you had a serious one but then she said that she faked it. I don’t want you to have a concussion because of me. Please wake up,” whined Naeun.

She started to get teary eyed and still was when Myungsoo stopped playing with her. He sat up and cupped her cheeks. When he cupped her cheeks, he kissed her tears. Naeun was shocked as she realized that she was tricked by Myungsoo was about to push him away but wanted to be kissed by him. When she realized that he only kissed her closed eyelids, she felt embarrassed because she thought he was going to kiss her lips. She smacked him and glared at him.

“Ouch! Naeun, that hurt,” pouted Myungsoo.

“You tricked me! I thought you seriously were unconscious!” yelled Naeun.

“You were running away from me. Plus, I needed to tease you because I haven’t seen you in months,” chuckled Myungsoo.

“Don’t talk to me. I was tricked by Chorong.”

“I know.”

“H-”

“You told me while I was unconscious,” said Myungsoo as he stuck his tongue out.

Naeun glared at Myungsoo as she raised her hand and was about to hit him. Myungsoo saw this coming as he grabbed onto her arm and pulled her close as he gave her the kiss that she wanted. Naeun widened her eyes and then kissed him back. Myungsoo pulled back and gave a smile as he pulled out the present he wanted to give her. Naeun took the present and smiled.

“What’s in it?” asked Naeun.

“Open it,” said Myungsoo.

Naeun opened the present and saw it was necklace with a lock. The lock had a carving of M. Naeun was confused as Myungsoo showed her his keychain with a key that had the letter N. The grove of the key had a symbol of an M.

“So, you’re saying. I’m the key to your heart?” asked Naeun.

“Yes, now what is this?” asked Myungsoo as he held onto the ribbon around Naeun’s neck.

“Oh that, well, I’m Chorong’s present to you,” said Naeun.

“I love this present then. Where is my present?” asked Myungsoo as he tugged onto Naeun’s ribbon and pulled her closer to his face.

Naeun knew what present he wanted and gave a sigh. She knew that she would have to give his actual present later.

“I’ll give it to you later because you want something else.”

“Hmm? What is it?” asked Myungsoo.

“This,” she whispered and kissed him.

Myungsoo widened his eyes because usually it was him who kissed her. He pulled her closer and felt like his Christmas was no longer lonely.

They thought the same thing and it was Merry Christmas and I love you

 


So I decided to add a holiday chapter because
christmas is around the corner.
OMG! I finally updated!
Anyways, I should be studing for my finals.
LOL. Sorry. This will be the chapter until it's winter break.
Anyways, time lapse is the winner.