Chapter 12: Taking Care of the Sick

Fated Promise

Myungsoo’s POV

When I set her on the bed, I called my mom because I didn’t know what to do in these types of situations. Usually, it was the other way around. My mom would be taking of me when I’m sick. Naeun, in the other hand, had no one to take care of her. She is in a disadvantage living in this apartment alone. As I called my mom and I waited for her to pick up, I was cleaning her bedroom because there were too many papers on the floor.

When the phone rang, I was done cleaning the papers on the floor.

“Myungsoo, why aren’t you at the house? It’s already eleven,” said my mother.

“I’ve gotten into another situation with Naeun,” I said while giving a sigh.

“Again? Aww, are you always near her now?” asked my mother.

“No! That- Umma, this is an emergency! Naeun is burning up and she fainted. I carried her inside but now what do I do?”

“Ah, well make soup for Naeun. Give her a warm compress and also give her a lot of blankets. Check her temperature a lot. I will tell your father about this sudden situation. It’s good to stay with her if she has no one to take care of her,” said my mother.

“Is that it?” I asked.

“If that doesn’t work, you have to bring her to hospital. Although, I do know that those methods would work. Anyways tomorrow, I’ll ask your dad’s manager to come and fetch you,” aid my mother.

When she hanged up, I looked at the distress Naeun and gave a sigh. I walked around her small apartment, gathering the needs that my mother told me. I went to the kitchen and filled a bucket with water. I walked toward her and placed the hot compress on her head.

After that I went back to the kitchen and started to make soup for her. My mom would make me kimchi soup whenever I had a fever. She said that the warmth of the soup would usually bring down the temperature. I was blessed with a mother that taught me how to cook even though the maids now does the cooking. As I was cooking and using some of the ingredients from the groceries I bought, I realized that she probably didn’t do her homework.

You’ve got to be kidding me. You work this late and do your homework and also study? This is why you sleep during breaks in morning and afternoon classes? I should my head and as I went to get her books and started on her homework. I usually finished my homework at work because my father said that I need to finish my homework first. When I finished my homework, I start on all the other businesses. It doesn’t end for me because I work during lunch also. Even though I play with my phone sometimes, I usually have my laptop on the table and doing my dad’s company work.

I finished her homework and tried my hardest to make it look like her handwriting. Her handwriting is written with elegance like mine but was much smaller compared to mine. Walking back to the kitchen, I finished cooking the soup and tasted it. Before I was going back into her room, I heard a flush in the bathroom.

I turned around and saw Naeun coming out of the bathroom and approached me and hugged me.

WHAT THE HECK!?!

“Let go of me! I’m going to get sick too!” I yelled as I tried to push her off.

I felt her forehead and she was still hot. The compress did nothing as I tried to pry her hands off of me.

“Nuh~! I smell soup. Can’t I have some, oppa?” said Naeun in a cute way. Oppa!?! What the heck!?! Is something wrong with her? She never acts cute!

I played along as I took off my jacket and placed it around her. With the bowl in my hand, I guided her back to her room.

“Come on, oppa is going to give you soup. So let’s go back to your room,” I said as I helped her into her bed.

Naeun smiled although she looked very weary and weak. I sat her up and took my coat back. She held onto my coat and gave a pout on me.

“Oppa, can I keep your coat for a while?” she said as she giggled.

This was scaring me because this wasn’t the way Naeun usually acted. She was more of an independent girl. She would never show this cute side of hers unless it was to Sungyeol. I’ve seen her smiling and having fun with him. It was that time during the mall.

“Oppa?” asked Naeun as she waved a hand in front of my face. “Are you there or are you thinking?”

“Pabo, I am here. Now go and eat your soup. I will be here to watch over you,” I said playing along with her. She is probably mocking me so I might as well play along with her.

She laughed and smiled at me as she started to eat her soup. When she was done, she gave her plate and acted like a little child.

“Oppa, here you go~” she giggled as she gave me the plate.

I gave a smile and took the plate and went over to the kitchen. After washing the plates, I turned around and saw Naeun in blankets sitting in front of me.

What is she doing? She is some type of dog!?!

“Oppa, I got scared because of a nightmare,” she said as tears fell down from her face.

I couldn’t understand her. Is this real or a nightmare? It’s like her independent personality has left her. Realizing she still had the fever, I bent down and talked to her.

“Naeun, you should be in bed. Do you want me to carry you there again?” I asked as I wiped some of her tears.

She nodded and raised her arms like she was a kid. I gave a sigh as I carried her back onto the bedroom. Placing her on the bed, I glared at her and told her to go to sleep. She yelped in fear and hid underneath the covers. Giving a sigh, I tried to calm Naeun.

“Naeun, I’m tired. Can you just go to sleep? If you sleep, you will be better by the morning. I can promise you that.”

She took the covers off of her face and glanced at me. Her eyes were pretty but I still couldn’t stand her. I pecked her forehead like my body moved on its own. When I was about to leave, Naeun grabbed my hand and pulled me to her side.

“Don’t leave yet oppa. What if my nightmare comes back again?” asked Naeun as she averted her eyes from me.

This child is sure troublesome when she has the fever. I sat next to her and started to play with the curls of her hair. It seemed to calm her down but I didn’t understand her objective. When I lowered my head toward her face to study her, she suddenly kissed me.

I pulled back and glared at her.

“Thank you for taking care of me oppa. It was my kiss of gratitude,” she whispered as she closed her eyes and fell asleep with a smile.

Either she was playing with me or she really meant it. I didn’t understand as I went to sleep next to her because the couch was probably too small for me.

Naeun’s POV

When it was morning, I felt warm air near my ears. I didn’t know why and I didn’t feel like waking up. It was weird, and then I rolled toward something to felt hard.

I finally opened my eyes and I realized my position. Myungsoo’s face is once again close to me. I was about to scream but then I realized if I screamed, it would only cause trouble. Also, I didn’t understand what was going on. Why was he is next to me again? Did I faint again? Why can’t I remember what happened after I passed out at the front of the door?

 I got out of my bed and left Myungsoo there to sleep while I got ready for school. When I finished putting on my uniform, a cellphone rang. I glanced it was coming from the dining room. I looked at the phone and saw it was Myungsoo’s phone. I took the phone and walked back to where Myungsoo was. He was still sleeping.

I had no choice but answer it.

“Hello, Son Naeun speaking, Kim Myungsoo can’t go on the phone right now,” I said formally.

“Naeun? Wait, are you okay? It’s me, Mistress Kim,” said Myungsoo’s mother.

“Ah, hello Mistress Kim, I’m fine. I don’t remember what happened last night. I have glimpses of what happened last night though.”

“Ah, well it’s good to see you’re feeling better. Can you be a dear and open the door?”

“Bwoh!?! You’re outside of the apartment?”

“Yes, I came here to deliver Myungsoo’s uniform. I’ll be waiting. Goodbye.”

When Myungsoo’s mother hanged up on me, I opened the door immediately and saw his mother standing by the door. She handed me Myungsoo’s things and left.

“Wait, Mistress Kim. You’re already leaving?” I asked. Not that I want you to come here. It’s a little bare and somewhat messy right now.....

“Nae, I have to go. Myungsoo’s father’s manager will come here to pick you two up so be ready in an hour,” smiled his mother as she left.

Did she just an hour? L is still asleep!?! What!?! I ran into my room and started to shake Myungsoo awake.

“L, wake up!” I yelled as I shook him.

“What!?!” he yelled as he gave a glare and stared at me.

He looked surprised to see me as he glanced at what I was holding and took his uniform. When he left for the bathroom, I was thinking about what happened just now.

He seemed rather surprised than angry at me. I began to think the possibilities that happened last night. I do recall myself getting a little childish when I have a fever but I was probably passed out due to exhaustion.

When he left the bathroom, I saw him fully dressed in his uniform and went to the kitchen. He took some of the soup left from last night and began to eat it. I ate some too while he sleeping and I can say that he can cook very well.

We sat at the table in silence and I felt like he was staring me. He finally broke the silence and asked me a question.

“Naeun, do remember anything from last night?” he asked. Why is he suddenly asking me that?

“Aniyo, I don’t remember anything from last night. Why do you ask?” I asked answering in a cold tone.

“You don’t remember? Nothing?” he said as he looked at me with disbelieve.

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“You kissed me, Naeun! You thanked me for taking care of you! Apparently, you acted childish. I know you’re screwing with me right now! Now tell me why the heck did you kiss me last night,” he yelled as he gritted his teeth.

I KISSED YOU!?! I acted childish!?! OH MY GAWD! That’s why he slept next to me last night. I probably asked him to sleep with me. My stupid fever brought the child like side of me. I really don’t act like myself when I have the fever.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about! I would be crazy to kiss a guy like you. I don’t even like you! Heck, I know you don’t like me either. You hate my guts! I don’t know why you follow me and care about my existence. Why do you even care? You could have left me outside,” I said.

“Oh, you think I did this with my soulless soul again....Well guess what Son Naeun, I did this for your mother. That’s right! I promised her to take care of you. Don’t ask how I met her, just shape up and stop acting so stubborn!” he yelled at me. What the heck is talking about? He promised my mother to take care of me?

“You are so full of yourself! No wonder why you’re arrogant! I don’t care if you promised my mother that you would take care of me. She’s dead!” I yelled with an angry tone in my voice.

I could believe I said something like that. I was so furious with him. I was also angry at myself also for acting so childish and stupid. I couldn’t believe that I exposed my vulnerable side of me. When I’m sick or have a fever, I always act childish. I don’t know why but that was me. When I have a fever, I act different my actually personality. I just couldn’t believe that I kissed him and I hated myself for saying those words.

I walked toward my room and grabbed my bag because I need to find my homework. Also, I couldn’t face Myungsoo. When I opened my workbook, I realized it was already filled. What? Who would do such a thing? Would he be that kind to do my homework? Or did he feel pity over me again?

“Hey, L, thanks for finishing my homework,” I said in a whisper. 

“Whatever, just go outside. Abeoji’s manager is waiting,” he said with coldness and walked toward the entrance with his things.

I knew it so you only did it with pity not with your feelings. Why do you always take care of me now? Before, you never really scared about me. Is there something that makes you tied toward me? As he opened the door, I saw him leave going to the car. I picked up my bag and headed outside with a heavy heart.

I didn’t understand why I suddenly started to think about him but I was angry that he only felt pity. He really was just a soulless jerk.

****

Myungsoo waited for Naeun outside of her apartment. He didn’t understand why this girl was taking so long to get ready. He glanced at the time and then at his father’s manager.

“What took you so longer? I had to be with her the whole night and it was worse today,” whispered Myungsoo.

“Says the guy that wanted to get the groceries and thought the best place was at that grocery store,” whispered his father’s manager.

Myungsoo remembered telling his mother about Naeun’s situation after Naeun left. He didn’t realize that his father’s manager was eavesdropping on the conversation. He didn’t understand why his father’s manager had to take care of him because he clearly could take care of himself, or so he thought.

“What happened last night which caused you to stay at this place?” asked his father’s manager.

“I had to ask her something regarding her work. Her work place is horrible, it’s like she is treated lowly instead of the other workers. She probably goes home exhausted every day. Also, last night I saw how much she studies. She has pages and pages of notes on the floor,” whispered Myungsoo.

Myungsoo stopped talking when Naeun walked toward them. She glanced at Myungsoo and then at the manager. She bowed down at the manager and walked into the car, not noticing the conversation Myungsoo had with the manager.

“Well, chairman’s son, all I can tell you is study harder,” whispered the manager as he walked into the car.

Myungsoo looked at his father’s manager and gave a sigh as he sat in front while, Naeun sat in the back. While in the car, it felt silent because no one dared to open their mouth. Naeun was too busy watching the scenery and Myungsoo was too busy thinking.

What am I going to do? I blew up on her again. Does she really not remember? Weird, does she really not remember anything. Also, why did you say that promise? Why were you angry that she didn’t remember that she kissed you? Idiot, stop thinking about her. Myungsoo ruffled his hair in frustration as no one noticed it.

When they neared the school, Naeun walked out of the car first and thanked the manager. She didn’t glance at Myungsoo because she was angry with him. She walked away and already knew that she had to detach herself from Myungsoo. It was too dangerous for them to close. Myungsoo might find out the reason why she ran away from her father’s home. As she walked into the school, she already attracted the stalkers of L. ARGH! I should have thought this through! Now L’s fans will be after my head!

Myungsoo walked out of the car after Naeun was already in the school. Rumors broke out as his fangirls were starting to realize that Naeun and Myungsoo rode to school together. Myungsoo already had it with Naeun since this morning as he walked into the building with a bad mood. 

 


So I decided that Naeun was the one who gave the kiss.
I was like why would Myungsoo do it? XD
It would have been weird since Naeun was acting childish.
Anyways, I somewhat changed it from the previous chapter 13 =3 ^^
Sowwie if you thought it was Myungsoo.
Apink is coming back soon <3
Also Infinite is coming back this month too <3