Chapter 32: Myungsoo's Crisis

Fated Promise

Myungsoo’s POV

I glared at her as we ate our dinner, silently. Yes, it just the two of us. I took Naeun away from that place because I couldn’t stand seeing her with another man. Also, I planned this dinner because I was going to surprise her. After hearing from Yookyung that Naeun was with Taemin, I immediately rushed to the college campus. Thanks to Yookyung, I was able to track Naeun and where she lived. I even bought an apartment at the same apartment complex as hers. I want to cut my ties in Korea except my mother, my father’s agent, and of course Pinkfinite. They all helped me and still my father doesn’t care about me. I was happy that he canceled the engagement but to hear that Sun Hee’s family betraying us was devastating. It hurt my family business and now my father is crumbling down from the stock market and also from the rankings. Now, I don’t know what’s going to happen but I have to help rebuild my family business and that’s by resolving our international companies here in America.

Anyways, enough about my family crisis, I sat across from Naeun and she didn’t dare look at me. It only aggravated me more as I tried to keep calm as I tried to start a conversation with her.

“Naeun. . .why aren’t yu happy?” I asked.

She stayed silent and kept looking at her food.

“Naeun. . .”

I sliced my steak into small pieces while waiting for her to answer me. Nothing. . .she absolutely stayed silently so I said her name a little louder.

“Naeun!” I tried to hold my anger but I just exploded.

She finally looked at me and gave me one of her infamous cold states back when we were rivals.

“What?” she said coldly.

“Why are you like that? Also, answer me.”

“I am answering you. Also, you should have not done that!”

“Well, I haven’t seen you for like a year. What do would you do if someone you love is with another person? You would get jealous too!”

“I don’t-”

“Don’t lie to me, Naeun! You distanced yourself when Sun Hee was near me. You were jealous too.”

“I wasn’t. . .”

“Why are you lying to me?” I asked while glancing at her.

“I’m sorry, alright. I’m sorry.”

“Sorry for what?”

“For ignoring you, for deleting my ties with you, for going on dates with men, and for making you jealous. I didn’t mean to but I just wanted to forget about you while I’m at school.”

“Dates? What dates?” I glared at her when she said that.

“I basically when on study dates. More like the guy sat next to me and asked questions. . .”

Aigoo. . .Idiot, those don’t count as dates. You scared me. . .How can I stay mad at you?

I laughed at what Naeun had said and gave a smile.

“Those don’t count as dates and I knew you were busy but I still waited for you. Anyways, let’s forget about the past and start anew.”

Naeun smiled and looked at me.

“I love you, Myungsoo.”

“I love you too, Naeun.”

I placed my free hand on her free hand and intertwined our fingers together.

“We’re finally together again. I don’t want us to separate because our family problems.”

Naeun nodded and then gave a smile to me. It was weird. While we talked, our anger toward each other subsided and turned to love.

 

Naeun’s POV

I was angry at him but then it subsided. I guess that’s one of the reasons why I love Myungsoo and wouldn’t dare cheat on him. I still should apologize to Taemin for lying. I was lying right? I don’t know anymore. When I saw him stand before my eyes, I felt like my cold mask was crushed by his jealous face. The promise he made to me was true. He did want me to trust him that he was coming here. I’m glad that he did because I was lonely. These months being in this place made me feel lonely. While I held onto his hand, I felt relieved that he was here in front of me. I was no longer lonely and that he was here to be with me as long as we can be. There were so many obstacles that we both had to encounter and I’m glad we both did encounter it.

“So Naeun, are you done eating?” asked Myungsoo.

“Hmm? I am actually,” I said while smiling.

I let go of his hand and handed the waiter the plate. I turned to him and glanced at his face. He was still handsome when I left him but something was different with the way he dressed. I didn’t know what but I couldn’t tell. When he looked back at me, I turned my head to the side.

“Naeun, can’t resist my face?” asked Myungsoo as he gave a smirk.

With that sentence, I kicked him underneath the table.

“You wish. Says the guy who got jealous just because I was eating with a friend.”

“A friend? I thought you said you don’t talk to him that much. . .”

“Fine! A classmate. There.”

Myungsoo laughed at and I tilted my head.

“What’s so funny?” I asked.

“I missed teasing you.”

After we finished eating, he paid for the bill but then there was something that made me confused. He didn’t talk about Korea while we were talking. He just mentioned Infinite missed me and so did my unnies and dongsaengs. Then something clicked into my brain. Sun Hee said something about Myungsoo’s family company. It was in a crisis but what crisis? I didn’t know but I do want to know.

We walked toward my apartment while holding hands. Suddenly out of nowhere, he asked me about my family.

“Naeun, how is your company?” asked L.

“Mine? Well, it’s fine. I still keep it at its rankings. Why?” I asked.

“Um. . .I was just asking,” said Myungsoo as I guided him to my apartment.

When we arrived in front of the door of my apartment, I opened the door and saw Apink and Infinite.

“HI NAEUN!” smiled all my friends and even Sungyeol.

“What is this?” I asked.

“We all came to visit you. It wasn’t just me,” said Myungsoo as he backhugged me.

“L, planned it all. He knew that you were probably lonely so we all decided to take a trip here before we all depart and start our lives in college,” said Chorong.

I promised myself not to cry when I see them again. I can’t hold in my happiness and loneliness. Tears fell down my face because I missed everyone but the person I missed the most was Myungsoo.

“Yah, are you crying?” chuckled Myungsoo as he turned me around and made me bury my face into his chest.

“Aigoo, this couple. . .” muttered Bomi.

“Yah, Bomi, they have been through a lot to be together. I think we will let them act like that in front of us,” said Chorong.

“I missed you Chorong,” said Woohyun as he hugged Chorong.

Chorong flicked Woohyun on the head and turned to Naeun as she hugged me. The rest of Apink hugged me while Myungsoo was pushed aside.

“Sorry L but you got to spend time with her already. It’s time for Apink to reunite as seven again,” said Bomi while L shook his head and sat with the rest of his friends.

I was glad that they were here as we all spent the night talking about college and our future lives.

****

Apink wanted to separate from Infinite as they entered Yookyung’s room. Chorong, Eunji, Bomi, and Naeun sat on the bed while Yookyung, Namjoo, and Hayoung sat either on the floor or the desk chair. They started to talk about Infinite and also some business problems.

“So Naeun, how is college?” asked Bomi.

“It’s not fun. I swear there were a lot of guys after me. Different types of Asians were after me or trying to ask me on dates,” said Naeun.

“Well, you’re pretty. That’s the reason why guys would ask you but you don’t care about them,” said Namjoo.

“Says the girl who won’t accept Sungyeol’s confession,” said Eunji.

“YAH! Don’t talk about Sungyeol oppa. . .I can’t accept him because. . .I’m playing hard to get,” said Namjoo.

“Just like Naeun,” said Chorong.

“Yah! At least L kept chasing after me even though I was engaged to Sungyeol,” said Naeun.

“I’m still jealous. You ended up with Myungsoo,” said Bomi.

“EH!?!?!” said everyone but Naeun.

“Bomi, you still have a crush on L even to this day?” asked Eunji.

“Yes but Dongwoo is comforting me. I’m falling for him more, every day,” said Bomi as she covered her face.

“Doesn’t he not know that you like L?” asked Yookyung.

“Yes, he doesn’t know. He always cheers me up with his dances,” said Bomi.

“Aww, that’s sweet. I like that relationship,” said Hayoung.

“Since when did you ever like that relationship Hayoung. You’re not even dating anyone yet,” said Chorong.

“No, I think she will go to Sungjong oppa,” teased Namjoo as she nudged Hayoung.

“What? He and I are friends. I’m surprised that he is going to the same college as me,” said Hayoung.

Naeun listened to Apink’s conversations and laughed. She missed the days when everyone was talking about Infinite or what to eat. She loved it when they talked about steak and meat because she would also get engaged into the conversation. As they talked about their personal lives, Naeun somewhat looked sad. She suddenly remembered L and his situation.

“Guys, did you hear anything about L’s business crisis?” asked Naeun.

Apink looked at Naeun and then gave a grim face. Naeun knew something was going on. She wanted to know why L would ask her how her family company was doing if he didn’t care about her father.

“Naeun, while you were away, L’s father and Sun Hee’s parents had a huge court case. Basically, Sun Hee’s parents sued L’s father for cheating business companies. Sun Hee’s father won the case thus earned a lot of money from L’s company. After hearing L’s father had cheated Sun Hee’s father, his stock supporters had left him and the rank of Kim Corporation went downhill from there. The only people that stayed next to Kim Corporation are basically our families’ companies. It’s only being sustained because we bought the stocks. The problem is Kim Corporation continues to decline because international companies have also started to sell their stocks from that company and buy from your company. Kim Corporation has left the competition and Son Company of electronic goods has no competition. There is a possibility that L’s family will end up bankrupt,” said Chorong.

Naeun’s eyes widened after hearing L’s situation. So that’s why he dressed differently! He’s not wearing the usual brand of clothes he wears when he comes to see me.

“Is there anyway, I can help him?” asked Naeun.

“L has to marry someone wealthy to sustain his family’s company,” said Namjoo.

“Of course, his three choices are you, Woori, and Suzy. L will choose you but your father will end up declining the marriage. His next choice is Suzy. His father wants L to marry Suzy but Suzy’s family refuses because they don’t want to be involved with this crisis,” said Eunji.

“Why did L come here?” asked Naeun.

“We don’t know either. How did he have those large sums of money to come to American and also pay for his college tuition here if his mother works for Kim Corporation?  Unless, L’s mother has a private company that we never seen or heard about that is sustaining L only so that he could be the hope for the Kim Corporation,” said Bomi.

“Sun Hee lied to me then,” said Naeun.

“You met L’s ex fiancé!?!?!” yelled Bomi and Hayoung.

“Yes, we met her when Naeun was looking for me,” said Yookyung.

“Yeah, I was angry at her for saying things about L and also betraying L’s company,” said Naeun.

Naeun gave a sigh and looked at the time. She realized that it was already late. She ran out of the room and interrupted Infinite’s conversation. Infinite looked at Naeun and gave a smile.

“Yeah Naeun, what’s up?” asked Sunggyu.

“Well, it’s late. I was wondering where you guys staying?” asked Naeun.

“We’re staying at L’s apartment and also L. Joe offered his apartment too.”

“Wait. . .does that mean I have to,” said Naeun, not finishing what she said.

She looked at Apink and tried to calculate the space but Myungso covered her eyes.

“In your apartment, Yookyung is going to room with Hayoung. In L.Joe’s apartment,  Sunggyu, Sungyeol, and Woohyun in one room and Hoya, Sungjong, and Dongwoo. Eunji and Chorong in one room and Bomi and Namjoo in the other room in my apartment which is near here,” said Myungsoo.

“EH!?! You have an apartment here, already?” asked Naeun.

“Yep, my mom bought it for me,” said Myungsoo as he uncovered her eyes.

“Where are you sleeping?” asked Naeun.

“In my apartment, unless. . .” Myungsoo gave a smirk.

Naeun understood this and hit his shoulder. He was definitely a byuntae.

“Stay with me. I have a feeling Chorong, Eunji, and Bomi unnie are going be noisy there,” whispered Naeun.

Apink and Infinite listened to Myungsoo and Naeun’s conversation. They couldn’t believe how comfortable Naeun was with sleeping in the same room as Myungsoo. They realized that Myungsoo and Naeun trust each other well enough.

****

That night, Myungsoo and Naeun faced each other in the same bed. They held each other’s hands.

“Naeun, did you like the surprise today?” asked Myungsoo.

Naeun was deep in thought about hearing Myungsoo’s crisis. She didn’t know what to do and how to convince her father if she could marry Myungsoo. She didn’t want deal with her father’s attitude again, now that she had escaped him.

“Naeun?” asked Myungsoo as he lifted her chin in order for their eyes to meet.

“Myung, what is it?” asked Naeun.

“You seem to be thinking a lot,” said Myungsoo.

“Yeah, it’s about us. About you,” said Naeun, truthfully.

“So you heard about my situation, huh?” asked Myung

“Yeah, I. . .feel helpless.”

“Don’t be. I will find a way to be in the same competition with you again.”

“But marriage?”

“That’s an option. I have one more and that is to gain the trust of international relationships within my father’s company.”

“But if you don’t. . .”

“Naeun, I will find a way to be with you. No matter how many problems we have to face.”

“But Myung-”

“Shh, go to sleep now,” said Myungsoo as he kissed Naeun’s lips softly and closed her eyes for her

He remembered sleeping beside her during their summer vacation together. He gave a smile and then drifted to sleep while holding onto her hand.


Exams.
I'm studying for them.
Exam week is next week.
orz.
Wish me good luck. TT