Chapter 24: "I'll make you fall in love with me"

Fated Promise

Naeun’s POV

Are you being serious right now?  I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. L softened his heart for me. L actually loves me. L, the guy who despised me, changed. L, my rival, he actually confessed to me. I pushed him away and glared at him because I couldn’t accept it.

“We’re friends now. I accept that but you saying that you love me is a different story. Don’t joke with me,” I said while glaring at him.

I pushed him away and stood up from the bed. L scoffed at me and gave me a look of annoyance.

“I’m not kidding. What the heck? Is this because you believe THAT I still hate you? I don’t, Naeun. I love you.”

“Shut up! I don’t want to hear that word. We’ve finally became friends and now you tell me this. I can’t accept it. Do you know how many long years of hatred we faced? How could you change that quickly? You know what, I’m leaving,” I said while taking my sling bag.

“Where-”

“Away from you. Don’t follow me.”

“Naeun, it’s-”

L was about to take my hand but I ran outside of the door and slammed it before he could catch toward me. After slamming the door, I ran toward the elevator. The elevator door opened and I closed it. Collapsing onto the floor, I began to cry.

There were so much mixed feelings inside my heart. I just needed to sort them out. The only way was to stay away from him for a while. I reached the lobby and left the hotel. I walked around London near the hotel. It was a beautiful place.

I was glad to have come here. As I walked at the end of London, I stopped in front and came to look at the London Bridge. I took out my sketchbook and started to draw the landscape. When I finished the drawing, I smiled and placed it again in my purse. Walking back toward the hotel, I glanced at two students that were walking back from school and saw them bickering about their grades.

IT was funny because it reminded me about L and I. We always bickered and tried to find out who knew more in that subject. Sometimes the debates that we had would last for about an hour and teachers would often try to separate us. Eventually, we both learned how to ignore each other.

Do I love him?

I took out my sketchbook again and turned to the page when Myungsoo was sleeping. It was the morning before we walked around New York City. He looked like a helpless child so I drew him, secretly. I stopped at the edge of the sidewalk and remembered the day when he saved me from troublesome people.

Stop it! I can’t love him. I just can’t! I told, more like promised, my mother that grades will come first. I know she’s no longer here. I just want to please her. Just don’t make me fall in love with him just yet. I don’t want to. Heart, please, just give me strength to resist this love for now.

It hurts that I was pushing him away. It’s just my father is also a problem. I don’t want him to ask me questions when I go back to Korea. When I sighed, I walked back toward the hotel and walked back toward the room. Inside the room, I saw L sleeping on the bed.

Already? It must have been the jet lag. I placed my bag on the table and saw something on the table.

I looked at the present and smiled at it. It said for Naeun so I opened it. There I opened it and saw it was a black pencil case that stamped M&M for my art pencils. Opening the pencil case, I saw something drop and saw a note it was from L.

Naeun,

I know you’re confused and frustrated about why I love you.

I already did love you back when we were freshmans in high school.

I just acted cold and despised so that you wouldn’t know.

Also, I know everything is complicated because your father disapproves me.

I’m not the type of person that will give up so you’ll see my persistency on trying to win your heart. I just want you.

Anyways, I know that you draw. I’ve seen you sometimes in class draw pictures but you would often keep it a secret from teachers. I got you this gift because you would carry your pencil in the pocket of your jackets and it would get your jackets dirty.

Enjoy.

-L

“I don’t understand you,” I whispered as I took out the pens that I usually stuff in my pockets and placed them inside my gift. I glanced at L and gave a sigh.

I love you too. I just. . .need you to wait a little longer for me to say it.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

She looked at me while confused eyes. I knew she was going to be confused. Suddenly, she pushed me away and I widened my eyes a little while taken aback from her sudden movements.

She spoke to me like she still hated me. When she spoke, I knew that we are friends. I just wanted to be more than friends.

 Why couldn’t she just say she loves me? Didn’t see feel jealous that time when Sunhee was around me? She did tell me that Sunhee somewhat ruined our vacation in USA. So doesn’t that mean she loves me back?

I was angry at her words so I spoke back. I realized that I was aggravating her when she started to walk toward the door with her bag. Where was she going? She can’t leave right after we both promised my mother that we wouldn’t come back until the last week before school starts. My mother even blackmailed us.

I was about to stop her but she slammed the door. Angry with my sudden confession, I punched the door.

“You’re so stupid! Stupid! I knew she was probably going to do that. Why the heck did you confess to her?”

I gave a sigh and walked toward my bag and took out the pencil case. I gave a smile and decided to write a note for it.

After finishing my note, I placed it in a box and wrote ‘For Naeun’ and then climbed into bed. I was still tired because of the plane rides so I went to sleep.

****

Myungsoo woke up around 8 in the evening and saw Naeun sitting near a table. He saw that she was drawing and the pencil case he gave her was next to her sketchbook. He tilted his head and rubbed his eyes to have a good look at her. He gave a faint smile as he sat up. Naeun turned around and saw Myungsoo awake and gave her usual emotionless face.

“Why are you smiling? It’s rare of you to smile,” said Naeun.

“You’re using the present I gave you,” said Myungsoo.

“I should because I don’t want you to feel sad.”

“About this morning. . .I’m sorry for the sudden confession.”

“I forgive you. I accept it but I can’t love you back.”

Myungsoo raised an eyebrow at Naeun as Naeun turned back to drawing. He gave a sigh because he still believed that Naeun wanted to ignore him. He looked through the guest booklet and tried to find a nice casual restaurant. When he found one, he memorized the address and placed it into his phone.

He then grabbed his jacket and then walked toward Naeun. He grabbed onto Naeun’s hand as Naeun looked with bewildered eyes.

“What are you doing!?! I didn’t finish my drawning!” yelled Naeun.

“You can finish this later. We’re on a vacation, remember?” teased Myungsoo.

“At least let me get my bag first!”

“Fine.”

Myungsoo let go of her hand and watched her stuff her sketchbook into her bag and her pencil case in her pocket. She was about to get her coat but Myungsoo already caught her.

“Well, time’s up. Let’s go,” Myungsoo chuckled as he took her hand again.

“Wait! I need my coat.”

Myungsoo placed his coat on Naeun’s face as he dragged her out their room.

“L!” yelled Naeun.

Myungsoo didn’t mind as he was already used to her screaming at him. He just continued down the stairs instead of using the elevator. When he reached the lobby, he glanced at Naeun and saw her hair a mess because he placed the sweater on her head. He chuckled as he watched Naeun try to fix her hair.

“Your hair is fine. I like it that way,” teased Myungsoo as he stuck his tongue out.

“Shut up!”

“Are you trying to get British boys? Well, I have a suggestion for them. Stay away from you because you’re already taken,” Myungsoo said as he walked the streets while holding Naeun’s hand.

“You’re annoying.”

“I know. I’ve been with you for 5 years now.”

“Whatever, just walk.”

“Alright, brat.”

“I’m not!”

“Yes, you are.”

Naeun kicked him as Myungsoo gritted his teeth and glared at Naeun. He glared at Naeun and gave a low chuckle.

“You really want to see my bad and playful side, don’t you?”

“What do you mean?” said Naeun while glaring at him.

Myungsoo stopped walking and s his hands around her waist pulling her close while looking at her eyes.

“What are you-?”

Naeun tried to fight her inner self as Myungsoo kept staring at her. They didn’t leave each other’s gaze for a while like they were having a conversation by thought instead of words.

Don’t you dare! I don’t love you. I hate you.

I know. I’ll make you fall in love with me anyway.

Stop staring at me and move.

Make me.

Naeun was the one who broke the stare as she kicked Myungsoo at the shin as Myungsoo let go of Naeun and gripped his leg. Naeun smiled in triumph and took his phone. She stuck her tongue out as she ran off with his phone.

“You little brat,” muttered Myungsoo as he ran to catch Naeun.


OMG!
I AM SORRY FOR LIKE NEVER UPDATING!
SCHOOL!
TT I just want to cry.
Too much tests and work orz.
I just wanted to write and write but I don't have that
chance very often TT