Chapter 27: Life is Unfair

Fated Promise

Myungsoo’s POV

I knew she was telling the truth. The only thing that hurt me more was that she was hiding the fact she was hurt about the engagement too. Well, it was her father’s choice to make her marry someone other than me. Her father does seem to hate us, Kims, anyways. She was about to go back to working again but I took her hand.

“If you don’t want this engagement, then why don’t you do anything about it?” I asked because I knew she was smiling for my sake to stay happy but it was just hurting me more.

“I don’t know what to do L. I just can’t go up to my father and say, can you cancel the engagement?” said Naeun.

“Well, then find a way.”

“Why should I? This will benefit the Lee and their business and my father’s company. I can’t just say I don’t want to marry Sungyeol because you don’t like it. This is business, like what my father says.”

“Oh, so you seriously want to be with Sungyeol then. Then why aren’t you talking to him during this lunch period?” I asked.

“I’m busy studying!”

“With what? School just started and we don’t have any tests until Wednesday!”

“I’m trying to get into my dream college which is my mother’s university that she went to! I want to escape my father’s reins that keep pulling me back. If I can pass this incoming SAT, a college entrance exam, then I’m free and he will disband this engagement.”

We stared at each other for two minutes before Naeun broke her gaze. She clearly was against this engagement and I was correct. She went back to studying and gave a sigh. I also gave a sigh because I was releasing my anger at her when she did nothing. I was just angry and frustrated by this news.

“Then, I’ll help you. I’ll support you. I also want you to do well so that you will succeed. After all, I’m entrusted to take care of you until you find someone else, stated in your mother’s will,” I said while giving a sad smile.

“L, you know I won’t be paying much attention to people. Thanks, I appreciate it. You make it sound like you own me,” said Naeun as she gave an annoyed expression.

“That’s because I do own you,” I gave a smirk.

Naeun stepped on my foot because my arrogant behavior. She gathered her things and walked to her next class, leaving me behind the classroom. I walked into class when the bell rang and sat next to Naeun, once again. She seemed so concerned with her exam that she didn’t pay attention to the lesson.

I still don’t understand why she works so hard when she’s practically beyond anyone’s level of intelligence.

After school Naeun and I started to walk toward the front entrance. Naeun didn’t speak to me because she was too busy trying to study her vocabulary on notecards. It was so crazy idea to walk and read at the same time but she passed all her obstacles smoothly.

“So when are you going to take that entrance exam?” I asked.

“A week from now, I’m going to fly to New York, United States on Saturday,” smiled Naeun.

“And if you get accepted? Will you leave for college early?” I asked.

“Yeah, I’m tired of staying in my father’s house.”

“Oh. . .what about Sungyeol?” I asked.

Naeun glanced at me and gave a sigh.

“L, I think my father will disband the engagement once I leave Korea. If you’re going to ask if I love you, you know my answer is going to be a no. Besides how will you make me fall in love with you if my father makes me go on dates with Sungyeol. Speaking of Sungyeol, my father told me I have to go on a dinner date with him tonight,” said Naeun as she was about to take her phone out.

I don’t hate Sungyeol. I just don’t like it that she said that she was going to meet him. When she reached for her phone, I took it in an instant. She widened her eyes as I said the words that I usually wouldn’t say to anyone.

“Stay with me,” I blurted out.

“L, you know-”

“Stop. Call me Myungsoo ah for now on. I call you Naeun, now. Why can’t you call me by my first name?”

“L, you’re joking right? Give me back my phone.”

“No, not until you call me Myungsoo.”

“But L-”

I started to walk away from her as I watched her follow me. She took my arm and tried to pull me back.

“MYUNGSOO! There! Are you happy now?!?” said Naeun who gave me an angry face.

“Nope. You yelled my name.”

This was fun. She gets made too easily. I walked toward the parking lot, pretending to ignore her.

“YAH! Come back here L. Ani. Myungsoo!” yelled Naeun as she ran toward me.

We reached my car and Naeun stopped talking as she looked at it and then me.

“Want a ride?” I asked while already sitting on the driver’s seat.

“Since when did-”

“It was my birthday last week. My parents bought me a car and now I don’t have to ask my father’s manager for rides anymore. Now back to what I said before, do you want a ride?”

“No. I don’t know,” said Naeun.

“You’re not getting your phone back and you’ll be stranded at the school, then,” I said and then gave a smirk at her.

Naeun gave me a sour face as she walked into my car as I drove her home and made her miss her date with Sungyeol.

 

Naeun’s POV

Aish, I hate this guy. He won’t stop being a jerk toward me but makes me happy at the same time. What is wrong with me? I mean, I do like him but I thought that this feeling would go away in an instant.

He stopped in front of the gate and glanced at me. I got out of the car and walked toward the gate. When the gate opened, I was about to step in but he yelled my name.

“Naeun! Aren’t you forgetting something?” he yelled as he was holding out my phone. Argh! He’s such an idiot!

I walked back toward him and snatched the phone off of his hand and glared at him.

“You’re not going to say thank you?” asked L.

“No. I’m not,” I said.

“Well then, I won’t drive you anymore.”

“I didn’t ask you to drive me home in the first place,” I said while glaring at him.

I moved my head closer at him while glaring at him and suddenly he pecked my lips.

“I will consider that as my thanks,” said L as he stuck his tongue out and drove away.

I was about to slap him but he was gone. Aigoo! I hate him and I love him.I walked back into the house and saw my father standing in from of the door. I glanced at him until I met his eyes.

“Where were you?” he asked with an angry tone.

“I was at school. Where else would I be?”

“No, I mean, where were you after school?”

“I was at school with the arts club. I was trying to finish my picture.”

“Why didn’t you have dinner with Sungyeol? I heard from his father that you had left him, sitting there for two hours,” said my father as his voice started to get louder.

“I was with my Apink sisters,” I lied because I couldn’t tell him about Myungsoo.

“You chose your friends over your own fiancé!” yelled my father as he moved close to me.

“Do you know what household you are in? Do you know the reputation that I have? No. That you have! You have to live to obeying my orders!”

“It was just a date. I’ll just apology-”

“Don’t apologize to me! Apologize to your fiancé!”

“If you let me finish my sentence, that’s exactly what I was going to say,” I said.

My father walked close to me and pulled onto my hair. It hurts but I gritted my teeth to reduce the pain, my father was doing to me.

 “You know what! Don’t go to America. You need much more discipline then I thought. You are not to go that college to American but stay here with Lee Sungyeol. I changed my mind about the disbandment of the engagement,” said my father as he let go my hair and shove me down.

When he said, my world just disappeared. All the hard work I did since I was ten disappeared and went to waste. I listened to the maids calling me and asking me if I was okay but it was blurry because I was trying to process what was happening. When I finally realized what I heard was true, I stood up and walked into my room. I slammed the door and started to cry.

Why does he keep making my life miserable!?! I don’t understand my father’s intentions!

I cried and opened my phone. I glanced through my contacts and opened the contact of my father’s manager. I need him the most. I needed him to do something that wasn’t legal until I was eighteen. I need him to transfer all the money that my mother had worked for me into my bank account that is separate from my father. I was running away. I no longer have respect for my father and his stupid decisions.

****

Naeun waited for her father’s manager to pick up until it was eleven pm. She sat while leaning toward the door of her bedroom. When she heard beeping, she immediately answered the phone.

“Hello?” asked Naeun.

“You call me, Naeun. What is it?” asked her father’s manager.

“I need you to do a huge favorite. I want you to place all the money that my mother kept for me and then save it into my bank account. I don’t care where but I have had it with him,” I said while telling him and ranting him about my father.

“But Naeun-”

“No! I’ve lost my respects to him. I just want to leave this house. I mean it,” said Naeun.

“But I can’t just transfer the money. This transfer is a lot of money,” said my father’s manager.

“He said I’m not taking the regular example until I become a good wife for Sungyeol.”

“But Naeun I-”

“Please! You’re my only hope left to going to this college. You always encouraged me even when I was a child. I owe you a lot of love and work so please. This is my last request. Just give me my mother’s money she saved for me,”Naeun said, no longer arguing.

She turned her phone off before her father’s manager could speak. Her father’s manager looked at the blank screen and gave a sigh. He didn’t know what to do. He wanted to obey her but he didn’t want to get fired by Naeun’s father. He decided to go with Naeun’s plan.

Naeun found long rope and started to tie it around the headboard of her bed. When she Owas done, she started to pack her things in her black luggage. She wore black everything in order to hide herself in the dark. After she was done packing, she pushed her luggage outside the window and hoped that it would land at Naeun’s bushes.

When both of her luggage bags were hug, Naeun believed that they would make sounds. When she realized that it didn’t make a sound as it fell down, she pulled onto the room that was attached to her bed. She climbed down from the window. When she finally got down from the window, she took her bags and started to run down from the front area. When she got to the fence, she gave a sigh as threw her luggage over and started to climb the fence. She jumped when she was at the other side.

She then glanced at the house and then at the rode.

I’m sorry father. I want to go to this college really badly.

She then started to walk down the streets until she no longer could see her father’s residence.


I got lucky this weekend. But I have to study. 
Also for those who subscribed for Scarlet Letters.
I'm taking a break from that >.> and finshing this.
Anyways, I watched Heirs.
OMG WOO BIN <3 AND CNBLUE'S MINHYUK <3 OH MY GAWD!
I ship Shin Hye's character with Minhyuk's character D=  but they are only best friends.
It's okay! I ship her with Lee Minho too because they are main character =3