Chapter 4: The Misery and Joy of Apink and Infinite

Fated Promise

Myungsoo’s POV

Three weeks had passed after that day I was given that promise. I mostly stayed inside Abeoji’s company, doing more work than usual. It was my punishment because they couldn’t find me until I actually took a taxi home to the house. The best part about it is that I’m done working for Abeoji, this summer. The worst part about the punishment was that I have a week left before school starts again.

Today,  Woohyun decided that all of us needed to hang out so I agreed. I was not staying in that company even if umma told me too. Actually, she wouldn’t do that because she told Abeoji that I need at least rest and needed to socialize with my friends. Anyways, I took my camera and met up with Sungyeol at the entrance of the mall. There, we walked toward the fountain in the middle of the mall and met up with the rest of our friends.

“Myungsoo! Where have you been this summer?” asked Woohyun.

“I was doing work for my family’s company. I even escaped once because it was boring and I couldn’t take it,” I said rubbing the back of my neck.

“I would have done the same thing,” laughed Woohyun as he patted my back.

I watched Sunggyu approach Woohyun and asked him about his relationship with Chorong. Were they still together?

“Yeah…Chorong and I are still together. We haven’t seen each other after the party. Actually, I haven’t seen Chorong’s friends together since the party. Were they busy?”

“Probably, especially Naeun, she works and studies a lot,” said Sungyeol.

“How do you know Sungyeol? Do you follow her or something?” joked Hoya.

“Nope, I just had a feeling. Also, I saw her once during this summer around the park, sleeping on the bench. It was a weird but I have a huge feeling she is going to be tired this school year,” said Sungyeol.

How does Sungyeol even talk to her? She is very hard to locate. I mean, while I was following her [I feel like a stalker] it was hard to locate her sometimes because she moved fast.

“Poor her, don’t mention this to Chorong. She will feel sad and might start worrying for Naeun,” said Woohyun.

While we were looking for the arcade or some good store that sold good items, we saw a group of girls clustering around the plushie store. The funniest thing was I saw a girl wearing black skirt with a blue blouse and her hair was long wavy black hair. I blinked a few times and then rubbed my eyes if I was seeing things but she seemed to be talking to the group. Next thing I knew, Sungyeol was next to me.

“Earth to Myungsoo, why are you staring at Naeun again?” he asked.

“I wasn’t staring at her. I was staring at the poster next to her,” I said denying myself.

“Yeah, right…Anyways we should go and get Woohyun away from Chorong because he probably won’t let her go,” laughed Sungyeol as we went to our group of friends.

We started to pry Woohyun’s from Chorong as Apink was pulling Chorong away and hugging her.

“Gosh, Woohyun! She is ours too!” whined Namjoo.

“Yeah! None of us seen Chorong unnie for two weeks now,” added Bomi.

“You also forgot that Naeun was also busy,” said Eunji as she pointed to Naeun.

I glanced at Naeun and saw she wasn’t as tired. What did Sungyeol mean that she slept on a park bench? She looks perfectly fine to me. When she glanced at me, I averted my eyes and looked at the commotion. Woohyun was whining that he hasn’t seen his girlfriend for ‘so’ long as well as Apink was whining that Chorong was also theirs. The only know who wasn’t whining was Naeun. She stood here watching them like the rest of us.

“You are giving me a headache, Woohyun…Anyways, it’s a coincidence on seeing you guys and Chorong but tame that guy. He wouldn’t stop talking about how much he missed you during this summer,” said Sunggyu as he rubbed his forehead.

“What? You can’t put up with me? I’ve been with you since we were young, hyung. You can’t hate me,” said Woohyun.

With his comment, everyone laughed except Sunggyu who was facepalming himself.

“Woohyun oppa, I missed you too. I just got back yesterday from Europe. I decided to hang out today with Apink because Naeun had a free day as well. It was a great opportunity for us but I don’t mind if we hang around with you guys. It would be nice,” smiled Chorong.

“I wouldn’t mind as well,” said Woohyun.

“Although, we really need a good dose of shopping so we’re dragging you guys with us,” said Eunji as she gave a smirk.

“Yep, Eunji unnie is right. We’re going to shop till we drop so we’re going to warn you that all of you would be helping each of us carry our stuff,” winked Bomi.

“Oh gawd…no…” said Sunggyu.

All of them stood next to someone and Bomi stood next to me. I was looking around for Sungyeol and saw that he escaped the commotion. Clever…Sungyeol…Clever. The one who didn’t have a partner was Naeun, who didn’t mind.

“Okay girls. Now drag the guys to the places you want to go,” said Bomi as she dragged me to a clothing store.

Oh gawd, maybe I should have stood next to Naeun because the last time I glanced at her, she went to some non-clothing store.

Are you kidding me!?! That’s where Sungyeol probably went! I swear this day will probably the best or the worst, depending on Apink and how much clothes they buy. I even was chosen by sassy Bomi and I heard that she was one of the many girls that loved to shop still she actually couldn’t carry anything anymore.

Well, there goes most of Infinite’s spirits, including mine.

 

Naeun’s POV

I was glad today that my manager gave me a day off. The only reason why she had a day off was because she was visiting a relative of hers that lived in Busan.

Anyways, I sat on the floor with papers scattered and books stacked all over. I didn’t have that much furniture in this apartment because I couldn’t afford that much. I only got the necessity things I need which were a bed, a table, a couch and chairs. Other than that, my apartment looked very bare and boring. It also looked messy because of the notes I took for the subjects that I was studying.

Suddenly, I received a text message from Chorong that said that she came back from her vacation in Europe and wanted to hang out during the mall. I didn’t hesitate to change into comfortable clothes and walk to the mall.

When I got there, everyone hugged each other and we all smiled and started to talk about our summers. I didn’t want to talk about mine. Instead, I told them a story about the time when I accidentally fell asleep on a park bench due to exhaustion. Luckily, Sungyeol was the one who guarded me while I slept on the bench.

The only reason why I slept on the bench was because I came back from work early. My manager had to run off to Busan that time because of family matters. I was really tired and the closest place was the park. I sat on the bench and looked at the people that passed and slowly drifted to sleep. The next thing I saw was the back of someone’s head as he was sitting on the grass in front of me. As I sat up, he turned around and realized it was Sungyeol. We talked about each other’s summers since he was the only who knew about me working in a cheap grocery store. When I finished the story, Namjoo was the first to comment.

“OMG THAT IS SO CUTE!” squealed Namjoo as she hugged me, “I can’t believe that Sungyeol oppa would be so kind to you! I’m so jealous!”

She closed her eyes and smiled at me. Chorong laughed and nudged me.

“So are you and Sungyeol going to out together?” she asked as she gave a smirk.

“Yah! Unnie! I don’t like anyone,” I said trying to stop them from spreading rumors about me and Sungyeol.

“Omg! That would be so cute. You and Sungyeol would probably look cute together,” said Bomi as she flashed a smile.

“Aniya! I haven’t spoken to him. It was the second time I actually met him,” I said as I gave a sigh of annoyance.

“CHORONG!” yelled Woohyun as we all turned around and saw Woohyun hug Chorong.

Wait if Woohyun was here, that means…I knew it.

I looked up and saw Infinite was already approaching Woohyun, who was still hugging Chorong, and tried to pull him away from her. We were doing the same thing.

It was funny because Chorong didn’t mind being hugged because she had missed Woohyun too. I watched my friend whine to Woohyun that Chorong was theirs while Sunggyu was facepalming himself. It was funny but when the commotion died down. Chorong and Woohyun agreed that it would be fine if Infinite hung out around us. The problem was when Eunji said we were shopping, Infinite’s faces turned sour. Even Sungyeol left after Eunji was speaking about how we were going to shop. I watched him go to a shop and shook my head while smiling.

 I watched all of my friends approach the guy they wanted to be with and realized that I was the only one left. Bomi stood beside Myungsoo, Eunji stood beside Hoya, Yookyung was beside Sunggyu, Namjoo was beside Dongwoo and the maknaes stood beside each other.

“Aww, Naeun didn’t a get a partner. Wait where is Sungyeol? He was here a few minutes ago,” said Hoya.

“He ran off after he heard the word shopping and clothes,” scoffed Myungsoo as he gave an annoyed look.

He didn’t seem to like this idea as I watched my friends drag Infinite into the clothing store with them. I laughed a little and walked toward the store where I knew Sungyeol was hiding.

***

As Apink dragged Infinite into the clothing stores, Apink finally found a good clothing store. The guys sat down and gave a sigh as they waited for Apink to change. They started to plot when they should leave while the girls were still in the changing rooms, trying out clothes. They all took out their phones and started to plan where they should meet. All of them were happy to be involved of escapeing except Sungyeol, who was currently somewhere, and Woohyun, who disappeared with Chorong somewhere in the mall.

“It’s a good plan but there is a problem, two girls have a good sense of observation and those are Eunji and Namjoo. It will be hard to escape them especially when we did say that we would stick around them for a while,” said Sunggyu.

“Where is Naeun and Chorong?” asked Dongwoo.

“Naeun probably went to find Sungyeol. I think she knows where that choding went. I can’t believe that he knew that this was going to happen. Now all of us are stuck here helping them decide what clothes to buy,” said Hoya.

“I remember Chorong noona saying that she didn’t want to go clothes store,” said Sungjong.

“Oi! Myungsoo speak. You haven’t said anything since we sat here,” said Hoya.

“What is there to speak when we already know what the plan is? It’s better if we stop talking because I have a feeling they will drag us to a shoe store next...” said Myungsoo as he was annoyed.

He was correct because as soon as Infinite stood up to work their plan of escaping into action, Apink dragged them to a shoe store. At the shoe store, each of the girls sat next to the guy they stood next to each other and asked them what shoes fits their outfits that they bought. The girl who was having a hard time to communicate with her partner was Bomi. Every time she asked Myungsoo something, L would look at it and say ‘they look fine’. So instead she asked her friends for their opinions and Infinite looked at each other thinking when this day would end.

Apink then left the shoe store and carried their things. Myungsoo was next to Bomi but then Bomi went astray from the group and looked at the glass window at the accessories. Myungsoo saw his chance and ran into an arcade and texted his friends that he escaped first:

HA! I escaped first! See you later.

Have fun with the girls.

-L

Myungsoo smiled at his text and placed his phone into his pocket. He chuckled and then his smile faded when he saw them together.

While Apink went to various stores, Naeun was trying to find Sungyeol. She walked into the electronics store and saw Sungyeol playing fruit ninja on a display table. She gave a smile and laughed at his cute screams when he couldn’t beat the high score.

“Sungyeol!” she yelled as she gave a straight face.

Sungyeol stopped playing when he heard his name and tried to hide but realized who yelled his name. He looked and smiled at Naeun.

“Nice to see you here Naeun, are you here to take me to those clothing stores like your friends? I left because I’m not really fond of shopping for clothes. If you try to drag me to a clothing store, I will run away,” he joked.

“I won’t drag you to clothing store. Arraso? I just was looking for you because I saw you escape while Eunji was talking about how my friends and I were here to shop. It was clever escape though, no one noticed except me,” said Naeun as she looked at his fruit ninja score.

“Jinja!?! I thought you were like your friends and would drag us into the darkness of those girl clothing stores!?!”

“YAH! I’m different. I already have enough clothes and during my birthday, I receive a lot of clothing as presents from Apink. They don’t like it when I wear black all the time,” said Naeun. Don’t laugh, Naeun. Just act serious.

“You’re not laughing,” pouted Sungyeol, “so where do you want to go then, Naeun?”

“Anywhere basically is fine with me. I’m just glad today was a free day for me,” she smiled.

Sungyeol was shocked to see Naeun smile in front of him for the first time. Woah, she can smile but I always see her serious. He gave a smile and they walked out of the store. As they walked around the stores, they spotted an accessories store. Sungyeol suggested they should walk into it but Naeun didn’t want to go so he dragged her into the store. Sungyeol bought sunglasses and Naeun bought a nice hairclip that Sungyeol suggested she should wear.

As they walked around the mall, they spotted Infinite and Apink in clothing store. They walked in but disguised themselves as they listened to Infinite’s “escape” plan. Naeun shook her head because they could have escape now since her friends were in the changing rooms. They left immediately after Apink went to show what clothes fit them best. Naeun knew that Eunji and Namjoo would realize that she found Sungyeol.

Sungyeol spotted an arcade and suggested they should go in there. Naeun didn’t want to go inside the arcade because she hungry so Sungyeol came up with a game. If Naeun won Dance Dance Revolution, he would buy the food. If Sungyeol won Dance Dance Revolution, Naeun wasn’t going to eat they would play in the arcade until he was hungry.

“That’s cruel! I want to eat!” whined Naeun.

“Okay then. I’m staying here,” said Sungyeol.

“Argh, fine!” said Naeun.

They stood infront of the machine and started to play the game.

 And that’s why Myungsoo didn’t smile because saw his best friend playing the girl he despised.

“I won! Ha!” laughed Naeun as she took her bag and smiled at Sungyeol.

“Fine since you won, I’ll buy the food,” smiled Sungyeol.

When Naeun won, she smiled but it faded when she saw Myungsoo standing there looking at her and Sungyeol.

“Myungsoo! Hi, want to eat lunch with us?” waved Sungyeol as he tried to stop the tension between them.

Sungyeol approached Myungsoo and hugged him. The next thing Naeun saw was Myungsoo hitting him in the gut. That must have hurt him but let’s just pretend I didn’t see that.

“Where have you been Sungyeol!?!” yelled Myungsoo.

“I was hanging out with Naeun,” chuckled Sungyeol.

“I was stuck with Bomi. All she constantly talked about was shoes and clothes! Almost all of them! Except Namjoo, she talked about other random things but still!”

“Mianhae, Myungsoo. You should have hanged out with us. Naeun and I were deciding who was going to buy lunch,” laughed Sungyeol.

Naeun looked at the ground while both of them were having a conversation. She tried to hide her smile because of Myungsoo’s misery. She knew that Bomi loved clothes and shoes so she completely understood how Myungsoo felt. Naeun didn’t want to disturb them so she walked out of the arcade room.

“Naeun AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where do you think you’re going!?!” yelled Sungyeol as he ran to catch up to Naeun.

She turned around and looked at Sungyeol.

“I’m hungry. I want to eat food. I didn’t want to disturb your conversation with L so I left,” said Naeun.

“Mianhae, it’s okay now. Let’s go get food,” he smiled.

They walked into the food court and standing in front of them was an angry Bomi, angry Infinite members, and lovey dovey couple.

Myungsoo gave a sigh of annoyance because he knew that Bomi was going to yell at him. Sungyeol was going to get a beating from Infinite and Naeun was standing there, knowing this day wasn’t going to end well for Myungsoo and Sungyeol. She was also hungry.

 


Sorry for the late reply. I was trying to study. 
I have finals this week and next week. 
I won't be able to update that much again.
Summer starts for me on June 26th so wait okay <3
Thank you for the new subscribers ^^
Please comment or subscribe or both lol.

Do you think Sungyeol likes Naeun ?
Do you also think that Myungsoo likes Naeun?
While I was writing this, update, Myungsoo didn't feel anything lol.
Wait what am I saying, the author of this story lol /slapped for corny/